• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2006
8.1

1. Mar 29, 2015
    Weird campaign,disappointing graphics,bad controls and a glitchy multiplayer are the reasons Resistance : Fall of Man is not that good of a game.But,I have to give the game credit for the original and interesting story.
  2. Sep 10, 2014
    Meh. Repetitive, just another mindless shootemup. The story was interesting at first, but became stale as the story progresses. The weapons were meh, the enemies were meh. The gameplay was ok, but nothing special. The lack of online for resistance has stopped me from buying future iterations of this franchise. Shame, the online looks great from what I've seen on youtube, it would've savedMeh. Repetitive, just another mindless shootemup. The story was interesting at first, but became stale as the story progresses. The weapons were meh, the enemies were meh. The gameplay was ok, but nothing special. The lack of online for resistance has stopped me from buying future iterations of this franchise. Shame, the online looks great from what I've seen on youtube, it would've saved this game from being below average and scored a 7 or even an 8 from me, but nope, no online. Expand
  3. Jul 20, 2014
    Resistance :FOM is a nice FPS, nothing more, nothing less. It contains cliches, and some of the levels are very repetitive, some interior elements are seen over and over, but its a good experience all-together.
  4. Jul 1, 2014
    I think I played this one too late, the voice acting and story felt very cheesy and the visuals were pretty bad too. I liked the premise of an alien attack during World War 2 and shooting around was a lot of fun (especially with a friend) for a while but things got boring pretty quickly for me.
  5. May 30, 2014
    If you want to play an original and traditional first person shooter though have a less outdated feel whilst playing, then Resistance: Fall of Man is for you. This game is hard...really hard, and enjoys to keep the action short and sweet, but with a huge bang. Resistance is a long game for its genre, and is full of collectibles and achievements which obtain skill points to unlock goodiesIf you want to play an original and traditional first person shooter though have a less outdated feel whilst playing, then Resistance: Fall of Man is for you. This game is hard...really hard, and enjoys to keep the action short and sweet, but with a huge bang. Resistance is a long game for its genre, and is full of collectibles and achievements which obtain skill points to unlock goodies such as concept art. While the M.P. may be gone forever, the offline M.P. and offline cooperative mode for campaign are both worth a purchase. Resistance: Fall of Man is one of the best first-person shooters of all time. Expand
  6. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 8 out of 10, Controls: 7 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 7 out of 10, Re-play: 7 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10
  7. Jan 22, 2014
    Resistance has the best and most fascinating alternate history setting I know. Resistance Fall of Man is a very good game, and about the only game that revolves around Human-alien war which is something I really like and I really like science fiction, there is no other game that portrays war in Britain, and more importantly, there is no other game that realistically features Human fightingResistance has the best and most fascinating alternate history setting I know. Resistance Fall of Man is a very good game, and about the only game that revolves around Human-alien war which is something I really like and I really like science fiction, there is no other game that portrays war in Britain, and more importantly, there is no other game that realistically features Human fighting against aliens and that is something I really like.

The story is fantastic and well imagined, and there is a big alternate history background to it, the Russian Revolution fails so there is no Communism or Soviet Union, the first World War plays out differently and so World War II never happened. Also, Russia closes it's borders in 1921 and is still an empire; still ruled by Tsar as the aliens take over the massive country and there are a load of other historical changes as well. You should read the whole fictional history on Resistance Wiki.

The story is narrated by a female soldier called Rachel Parker, telling you about what's happening, what goes on and what happened, and you get to see photos of events shown in no colour, making it look more realistic, of course they are a bit too blurred and unclear though.

The weapons are very good, and there are skill-points similar to Ratchet & Clank, it's just stupid that Insomniac didn't do any trophies to this game. The NPC soldiers beside you are OK... depending on the difficulty and there are times where they are terrible and barely fight the aliens which does bring down the game at times, and there are times where they fight and kill the enemies. I just don't understand why people can make up smart enemies but not NPC allies around you.

The story in this game in single player is about Europe being invaded and overrun by frightening aliens and eventually invading Britain, and they came out of Russia. The US and British forces come together to fight off and drive the Chimera out of Britain. You are Nathan Hale and you partake in the fight for Britain as you fight along soldiers or alone a lot of the time.

As for the multiplayer, I never went online on the Ps3 until recently and I like it so much, sadly, because this is an old game, nobody plays it and when I get into servers, whoever makes up the server puts on stupid settings like 1 shot kill and takes away much of the weapons, I don't understand why they want to do that, whoever hosts the games. They are custom and not ranked though, you can't get any ranked games now. Playing 40 player battles would be enjoyable, but it's too late for that now. But I am not judging or rating this game by today's standards.

This game has a very good feel to me and an engaging story which may leave you with questions such as how this all happened, what happens to Britain and western Europe after, what happened to Europe during the invasion and what happened to Russia. I just absolutely wish Resistance was made in this generation, right now, rather than 7 years ago, I would love this game to have really realistic graphics like other games, and much better A.I. Resistance is not flawless, but it has a fantastic setup, but sadly, its sequels were poorly handled and has lots of problems.
  8. Dec 21, 2013
    I recently completed this game as of the end of 2013. Despite this being an old game, I had a lot of fun playing it. This series has the most unique weapons that are just fun to play with. The guns in other shooters are all the same, so this is a pleasant change of pace.

I really got into the whole universe created here.. I always enjoy a good alternate universe story. The story was a little hard to follow though, and the game dragged on longer than it probably should have. Those are my only gripes with the game though.. All other aspects are well done including graphics and sound. Overall I highly recommend.
  9. Dec 18, 2013
    Good fps, has some character to it, looks more then decent and it's fun to use all the different weapons on the variety of enemies. I don't play a lof of fps's but this played well and the controls were good. I liked the healing system as well.
  10. Sep 29, 2013
    "Resistance: Fall of Man" es un first person shooter de ciencia ficción inteligente que, en un minuto de juego sabe hacerte entender que, en realidad es uno de los títulos de PlayStation 2 más jugado en mucho tiempo desde 2006 que traspasó las ventas. Yo me encuentro entre esas personas; "Resistance: Fall of Man" es un juego vicioso para los que les gusten los videojuegos de disparos en"Resistance: Fall of Man" es un first person shooter de ciencia ficción inteligente que, en un minuto de juego sabe hacerte entender que, en realidad es uno de los títulos de PlayStation 2 más jugado en mucho tiempo desde 2006 que traspasó las ventas. Yo me encuentro entre esas personas; "Resistance: Fall of Man" es un juego vicioso para los que les gusten los videojuegos de disparos en primera persona tipo "Killzone". Expand
  11. Jun 9, 2013
    As no surprise developer Insomniac games crafted a flawless shooter incorporating an immersive world, tight and satisfying gunplay, exceptional writing, top notch voice acting, and enough creative weaponry to make Charlton Heston jealous. However, what does come as a surprise is that this game does not include Ratchet or a lovable robot sidekick named Clank nor does it support a lavishlyAs no surprise developer Insomniac games crafted a flawless shooter incorporating an immersive world, tight and satisfying gunplay, exceptional writing, top notch voice acting, and enough creative weaponry to make Charlton Heston jealous. However, what does come as a surprise is that this game does not include Ratchet or a lovable robot sidekick named Clank nor does it support a lavishly comedic and cartoony overworld. This game is Resistance Fall of Man and it kicks serious human/alien hybrid butt! Hats off to Insomniac for having the versatility and skill to step outside their comfort zone of colorful characters and sarcastic one liners set in an E rated third person world to go with something a little more dark, a little more adult. In terms of setting and characters Resistance is the antithesis of Ratchet and Clank, it is a gloomy albeit spectacular setting splashed with a fittingly washed out color pallet of grey and greyer. The world is beautifully ugly with its war torn colorless version of alternate history WWII England. The art direction while mired by some wonderfully depicts the bleak desperateness of war with crumbling buildings, dilapidated 1940's cars lining the streets, and vicious alien hybrids snarling about. Yes, a wonderfully rendered and possibly the best alternate history WWII setting ever created. With a frighteningly scary and ferocious antagonist dubbed (the Chimera) an alien/human hybrid originating from a virus within the walls of a fictional Russia finally breaking out after a ten year incubation period and deadset on devouring europe. These fierce enemies are daunting and numerous while physically imposing they stand seven feet tall with claws and razor sharp teeth, all this with the adeptness to accurately shoot superior weaponry, organize, and sometimes even out think their opponents. The Chimera shine as an all time foe with advanced AI and a varied attack from flanking to simply rushing the opponent with the ferocity of an angry, drunken ex husband. These killing machines come in many different sub species each designed to excel in different areas offering a multitude of ways to kill you. You are the protagonist American soldier and soon to be legend Nathan Hale and you are a badass. Hale is a great character though a little stiff and lacking emotion those are likely traits one would need to survive in that hell. Early into the game a great plot twist arises as you become the sole survivor. Hale is supported in battle by a bastion of nondescript british soldiers who ultimately become human target practice. In contrast his allies shine in a feisty british army captain who teams with Hale in many of the games missions but the real star is Rachel Parker. As british intelligence Rachel Parker narrates the entirety of the game as if she is telling a vaunted story. With a beautifully accented voice and convincing dialogue she also appears in many cutscenes and steals the show.The single player is paced well and comes in at a respectable ten plus hours with few huge boss fights but many mini boss fights. The combat is fast and aggressive and starkly different from Gears of War style fps's with much of the games cover at least semi destructable, and dont take cover behind cars for too long as they will eventually blow up. Surely Insomniac has influenced a generation of developers with the amazing weapon creativity and pure funness they are to weild with new deadlier and weirder guns which can only be found in multiple play throughs As well the game boasts a Ratchet e Clank type skill point system where you are rewarded for completing a variety of objectives from killing enemies with a certain gun to finding all 37 intel items to turning foes into meat cubes.It also includes a 12 gun weapon wheel letting you carry a small armory with you which is needless to say awsome considering just how cool these weapons are, and you will need them all as they are all unique.This game is not a typical WWII fps or a sterile Halo game, it has realism and truly interesting subject matter unlike the steriod infused fun but rather ungripping tale that is Gears of War. It is more interesting than Call of Duty and has a MUCH better gun arsenal than any of them. Besides one gun in Gears of War all other AAA FPS guns pale in comparison to most of the Resistance guns. If you claim to be a ps3 fan it should have been a day1 buy. The multiplayer is solid and lag free and supports great perks as well as on or offline coop. 9.75/10 for originality and interesting subject matter, great innovative guns, satisfying art direction, great voice acting, tight gun play, fun skill point system, replayability, and well conceived multiplayer. This game is timeless and will hold up in any generation congrats to Insomniac for flipping the script on us and crafting a great new IP and creating a new fascinating world of fiction. Expand
  12. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is funny and I mean that in its hard to think of the reason why its getting a 6/10. It has all the ideas for a great shooter and in many places it is and its alot of fun. The Chimera are a good enemy idea and can occasionally give you a jump plus the weapons are creative aswell. The story is ok but not brilliant but the biggest let down is probably just some sections of the gameThis game is funny and I mean that in its hard to think of the reason why its getting a 6/10. It has all the ideas for a great shooter and in many places it is and its alot of fun. The Chimera are a good enemy idea and can occasionally give you a jump plus the weapons are creative aswell. The story is ok but not brilliant but the biggest let down is probably just some sections of the game which are sort of boring I suppose. Nathan Hale isn't very interesting here and some levels aren't designed well. A good game but not brilliant Expand
  13. May 27, 2013
    This was the first FPS i ever played. At that time i found it amazing. I will now give a honest review. So it is pretty much a basic shooter. You have a gun and have to move forward and shoot every alien there is in your way. And then there is some special levels where you have to control a tank. Or other things. You get new guns with new special abilities and you can carry all the guns.This was the first FPS i ever played. At that time i found it amazing. I will now give a honest review. So it is pretty much a basic shooter. You have a gun and have to move forward and shoot every alien there is in your way. And then there is some special levels where you have to control a tank. Or other things. You get new guns with new special abilities and you can carry all the guns. The story is the standard the aliens are taking over the world story and the person you play as have a strange connection to them that we all know so well. So what makes me give it a 7 out of 10? Well, the atmosphere is very good. In the game there is some levels where you are alone. And the dark corridors and creepy music fits the game very well at those points of the game... Actually the music and the atmospher just fits the game in general. And the enemy variation is great. I loved and still love how there suddenly comes a new enemy out you've never seen before and have to kill. There was some awesome scary moments where some slow enemys could come up behind you and jump in your face. But i did also feel that there was to few if them. One of the things i loved most of the game was that there was a coop mode. So you could play the cool campaing with one of your friends. There is also a multiplayer mode but it is not really that good. It was just to out dated. But i did love playing vs mode with my friends. Pretty much multiplayer just only with you and your friends. Expand
  14. Mar 25, 2013
    10-Presentation; The plot, setting, and characters are a success.
    10-Graphics; The art style may lack variety, but everything is so well done.
    8.5-Sound; Music is hit or miss, but the voice acting and sound effects are excellent. 10-Game play; The levels, controls, mechanics, and AI are excellent. 10-Lasting value; There's co-op, 16 hour campaign, 40 player multiplayer, tons of weapons
    10-Presentation; The plot, setting, and characters are a success.
    10-Graphics; The art style may lack variety, but everything is so well done.
    10-Game play; The levels, controls, mechanics, and AI are excellent.
    10-Lasting value; There's co-op, 16 hour campaign, 40 player multiplayer, tons of weapons and modes, and tons to unlock.
    Overall-10/10
  15. Feb 10, 2013
    Short version: one of the greatest games of all time!

Long version: The alternate-history storyline was really good and imaginative, and the color palette really made me feel like I was in WW2-era Europe. The weapons were a great mix of realistic and over-the-top sci-fi, and great fun to shoot. The enemy designs were awesome, and the level design was greatly varied to keep things
    Short version: one of the greatest games of all time!

Long version:
    The alternate-history storyline was really good and imaginative, and the color palette really made me feel like I was in WW2-era Europe. The weapons were a great mix of realistic and over-the-top sci-fi, and great fun to shoot. The enemy designs were awesome, and the level design was greatly varied to keep things interesting: some were very battle-action-oriented, and others were more creepy and tense. Then the developers made a great game into a super-awesome game by including unlimited weapons, vehicle segments, health packs, split-screen co-op (rare these days), and 4-way split-screen multiplayer (ultra-rare). And the soundtrack is excellent and fits the game perfectly with its militaristic sci-fi vibe! This is the game that got me back into FPS gaming.
  16. Nov 13, 2012
    Pretty generic and can be a little frustrating at times but overall it's a pretty decent experience. Graphics shine when in and around chimera structures, otherwise, they can look pretty bland and ugly. Guns are the highlight of this game and enemy AI are surprisingly smart. At a 8$ price tag, i recommend it.
  17. Jul 21, 2012
    This game was decent, it has no unique story, no special weapons, no cool cut scenes, no great graphics, no nothing special. Seriously, it is not a good game nor a bad one. If you can, just rent the game, finish it and return it. It is short.
  18. May 31, 2012
    8.5 - Resistance is a fine FPS with a wonderful sense of scope. Playing for the first time almost 6 years after it's release, I finally understand the excitement revolving around the game. Great voice acting, fair character animations, and an intriguing (if unexplored) world and fiction. A fairly strong sense of pacing keeps this game from getting too dull, as some parts remind of the8.5 - Resistance is a fine FPS with a wonderful sense of scope. Playing for the first time almost 6 years after it's release, I finally understand the excitement revolving around the game. Great voice acting, fair character animations, and an intriguing (if unexplored) world and fiction. A fairly strong sense of pacing keeps this game from getting too dull, as some parts remind of the great Half Life 2. The incredible, versatile, and creative arsenal that you have at your disposal is a blast to play around with. Resistance truly gives the player tools of destruction to blast quickly through hoards of enemies, making each encounter blisteringly fast paced instead of a dull and boring. The most commendable feature of Resistance is the art direction. Aside from the surprisingly sharp graphics (that trump some games of today), the looming Chimeran structures in the distance and the incredible amounts of detail gone into the creatures and world itself is truly astounding. Browns, greys, and blacks fill the color pallet, but I only feel that this is frowned upon due to playing so many other "brown FPS" games in recent years. Insomniac has some brilliantly creative minds. There are times when Resistance begins to tear at the seams, and difficulty spikes near the end prove frustrating and cheap, but Resistance: Fall of Man is a highly polished and exciting FPS that delivers all the intensity, intrigue, and chaos of a top tier FPS. And it's so cheap now, it's almost a crime not to give it a try! Expand
  19. May 28, 2012
    This game was okay ,nothing special.
  20. Feb 26, 2012
    This game was decent. Fun, but not very appealing. When it first came out it seemed pretty cool, then slowly grew boring and dull. Story just seemed disappointing. Wouldn't recommend it.
  21. Jan 27, 2012
    Even though this game is six years old it still manages to hold it's own against other newer shooters, and that's saying a lot, the graphics do show age but the sound design is still fantastic, and the controls are tight and feel great, you can still find matches online but honestly I didn't find the multiplayer all that enjoyable but hey at least it's still got it, and the fact thatEven though this game is six years old it still manages to hold it's own against other newer shooters, and that's saying a lot, the graphics do show age but the sound design is still fantastic, and the controls are tight and feel great, you can still find matches online but honestly I didn't find the multiplayer all that enjoyable but hey at least it's still got it, and the fact that people still play it says something about how popular of a game this is, the best part of the game and the reason you should buy this is for the phenomenal campaign, while the story or characters aren't all that interesting or great, the set pieces are, and it reminds me of older shooters like Doom 3 in the way it manages to be a challenge without ever really feeling overly difficult, maybe a little frustrating in one or two parts but it never felt like the game was trying to work against me, and it helps that they give you one of the best FPS arsenals of all time, and checkpoints are generally very forgiving, especially seeing as how you get full health after you respawn at a checkpoint, and it includes two player local co-op, and new weapons are unlocked after you beat the campaign so that adds reason to play through it twice just to try out the new toys, honestly if your a fan of good challenging shooters then this is a must buy, I highly recommend. Expand
  22. Jan 26, 2012
    This game is definitely one of the best fps games I've ever played. Right up there with Halo,Bioshock,Doom, and Medal of honor witch are my favorite fps franchises. Resistance has a huge place in history. Despite graphics not at its best. It was a great game.
  23. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game, however it borrows some ideas from half-life. Not a bad thing, because half-life is great, as is half-life 2. This game is fun to play with lots of interesting enemies and weapons. The mulitplayer is fun but it is fairly generic. Co-op is good, but not top notch and is only good for 1 playthrough. Lack of motion controls hinders you from experiencing the intensity of theGreat game, however it borrows some ideas from half-life. Not a bad thing, because half-life is great, as is half-life 2. This game is fun to play with lots of interesting enemies and weapons. The mulitplayer is fun but it is fairly generic. Co-op is good, but not top notch and is only good for 1 playthrough. Lack of motion controls hinders you from experiencing the intensity of the firefights, and lack of trophy support gives it slightly less replay value. Expand
  24. Nov 1, 2011
    Game is pretty darn good. One of the exclusives that PS3 fanboys got to get. What else can I say about this game? A lot. Like what? Well, to make an essay short. This game offers the creeps and the humor. It doesn't care whether the jokes or scare factors are uncalled for, it'll give you the run of your life. Look back on it, say you enjoyed it and move on to the next level. Amazing. YouGame is pretty darn good. One of the exclusives that PS3 fanboys got to get. What else can I say about this game? A lot. Like what? Well, to make an essay short. This game offers the creeps and the humor. It doesn't care whether the jokes or scare factors are uncalled for, it'll give you the run of your life. Look back on it, say you enjoyed it and move on to the next level. Amazing. You cannot give this game a shrug because you will regret it. The multiplayer is a blast! I repeat, a blast! Since its on the PS3's online network, which consists of a much more mature and grown-up audience, not to mention most Resistance players derive from Europe, there are no trollers. And we all hate trolls, whether you are a troll yourself or not. The campaign and multiplayer is a dual combo that will leave you playing this game for weeks. Maybe months. Maybe years, well that is until its sequel comes out. Until then, this game is the game to play! Expand
  25. Oct 6, 2011
    Granted, this is a launch title and it's now 2011, and we've been spoiled with call of duty and the like, but I found this to be worthy of a 5/10. I won't hate on the story, its the reason I bought it, I love the alternate history stuff. Its the GAMEPLAY. Horrible. Felt cartoonish, slow moving enemy bullets, poor AI animation, useless friendly AI. At no point did I get sucked in, theGranted, this is a launch title and it's now 2011, and we've been spoiled with call of duty and the like, but I found this to be worthy of a 5/10. I won't hate on the story, its the reason I bought it, I love the alternate history stuff. Its the GAMEPLAY. Horrible. Felt cartoonish, slow moving enemy bullets, poor AI animation, useless friendly AI. At no point did I get sucked in, the gunplay was too bad. In COD or nearly any other fps, you get sucked in and forget you're holding a controller. Not here. Ruined a good idea with a VERY mediocre game. :-[ I will play through the rest to play the sequels because I love the idea of this universe so much. Hope the sequels are better. MUCH better. Expand
  26. Sep 26, 2011
    Auger is the worst weapon idea ever created. Everything about this game (story, gameplay, graphics, sounds/music) felt dated and poorly done even for 2006.
  27. Aug 31, 2011
    Can't stand this game. It has co-op, sure. But waiting THIRTY seconds to respawn?? Come-on... And why doesn't health regenerate EVER? Even on easy this game is extremely hard. Probably harder than any other game on PS3 and I have a lot of games.
  28. Aug 27, 2011
    Graphics are ok but overall game seems repetitive. AI is a joke, not a great game I guess. Played just the demo though. However, I'll definitely sequel seems much better. Maybe I'll buy the special edition that comes with both games just in case, apparently multiplayer is awesome.... ya right!
  29. Jul 10, 2011
    In my fun factor, Resistance is like a rival for Gears of War, i had fun but not blown away. The story is nice, the arsenal weapons are in a large scale. Strong title for the PS3 and also the Halo for the PS3, i;m happy that Sony created a good rival.
  30. Jun 17, 2011
    Good concept and storyline but it's a case of been there done that. Nothing new in this game to separate it from the rest. Worth a play through but wouldn't be going back for more.
  31. Apr 12, 2011
    I played this game for the first time in 2011 and i find it still to be one of the best games on the ps3. Users who play this after the likes of Black Ops will surely whinge about how it can't compare, but in all honesty this game is brilliant. One of the best campaign's ever, cannot wait to play resistance 2 and then 3!
  32. Mar 13, 2011
    this game was pretty good when i played it the first time though but is a chore to go through again and good graphics cant make up for the lack of replay value and there is no one online with this game any more so there is no point in buying it. borrow from a friend or rent it
  33. Oct 19, 2010
    Fantastic game. The single player creates a great story that gives you the sense you are fighting a war you cannot win. However, the game really earns this score due to it's expansive multiplayer. Very balanced gameplay with a large variety of great maps and fun weapons make the online a great experience.
  34. Sep 27, 2010
    the first game i got for my PS3 was this game. its a very fun FPS game thats fairly long compared to most about 10-12 hours. the gun selection is insane you get around 18 guns and 5 differnt granade types some like the backlash grenade are just sick idea's and are cool to use. i like the fact you are not limeted to just a few guns which has become the current trend in alot of FPS games . ithe first game i got for my PS3 was this game. its a very fun FPS game thats fairly long compared to most about 10-12 hours. the gun selection is insane you get around 18 guns and 5 differnt granade types some like the backlash grenade are just sick idea's and are cool to use. i like the fact you are not limeted to just a few guns which has become the current trend in alot of FPS games . i love carrying a arsenal into battle with me . the story is fairly intresting but will leave you with some question marks . the graphics are ok they are not mind blowing but this is a PS3 launch game. the enimy AI is pretty smart they will ducj and dive for cover or out of the way of your grenades . yjeu will try and suppress you and rush or come at you guns a blazing . the best way you can describe this game is it takes all the cool things done in fps games and hybrids them into one game. that being said its also one of the flaws the game is alot of fun but theres nothing really that seperates it from any thing els . the online also did nothing for me i played it for a few jours and felt no reason to do it again . the story mode was alot of fun though played through it a few times and enjoyed it. Expand
  35. Sep 19, 2010
    Resistance Fall of Man (RES) is a good game, no doubt. Above all the features online are perfects, no track of lag or problem. If you play with your friends, RES will conquer you. But the campaign isn't so good as the online: the checkpoints are very very distant and the story doesn't appear so intriguing. But, all things considered, we are talking about a good game.
  36. Aug 27, 2010
    It was a pretty generic game and felt pretty damn unpolished in terms of gameplay and mechanics. The story was pretty interesting and the campaign is pretty long, but the narrative made playing the game a painfully long experience. As mentioned, the gameplay is generic and very repetitive, compounded with the poor narrative makes the single player experience tolerable for about 3 hours. AsIt was a pretty generic game and felt pretty damn unpolished in terms of gameplay and mechanics. The story was pretty interesting and the campaign is pretty long, but the narrative made playing the game a painfully long experience. As mentioned, the gameplay is generic and very repetitive, compounded with the poor narrative makes the single player experience tolerable for about 3 hours. As for multiplayer, I had not played it, so I cannot comment on that. Expand
  37. Aug 11, 2010
    Whilst it adds entirely nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics - what do you expect from a genre so unambiguously entitled 'FPS'? - the overriding notion of the impending desolation of Earth is as refreshing as the genuinely hopeless fight through a ruined United Kingdom. Bonus points for pissing off the Church of England with its Manchester Cathedral sceneWhilst it adds entirely nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics - what do you expect from a genre so unambiguously entitled 'FPS'? - the overriding notion of the impending desolation of Earth is as refreshing as the genuinely hopeless fight through a ruined United Kingdom. Bonus points for pissing off the Church of England with its Manchester Cathedral scene (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6736809.stm). Expand
  38. anthonyL
    May 26, 2009
    Solid shooting. A little easy at times, with no recoil whatsoever with the guns and no hand tremors for the sniper. AI however was not great. Superhuman provided a good challenge though. The story was well done, presented like a documentary. The presence of the chimera provided a eerie atmosphere which suited the game and its environments. Online was very well done with customisable 40 Solid shooting. A little easy at times, with no recoil whatsoever with the guns and no hand tremors for the sniper. AI however was not great. Superhuman provided a good challenge though. The story was well done, presented like a documentary. The presence of the chimera provided a eerie atmosphere which suited the game and its environments. Online was very well done with customisable 40 player matches. Expand
  39. JoeT.
    Mar 8, 2009
    This game is perfect. A little humor, a few explosions. I can only think of one other thing it could use but thats not appropriate for all ages. Addictive would be an understatement.
  40. JesseM
    Oct 26, 2008
    Solid shooter but nothing else. Storyline was not deep enough also there were no characters in the game I could really get attached to. I hate Parker. What bothered me was that the story line is not told from the main characters point of view. Instead it is told from some bitch named Parker. Another thing that bothered me was that the main character Nathan Hale only talks once in the Solid shooter but nothing else. Storyline was not deep enough also there were no characters in the game I could really get attached to. I hate Parker. What bothered me was that the story line is not told from the main characters point of view. Instead it is told from some bitch named Parker. Another thing that bothered me was that the main character Nathan Hale only talks once in the whole game I believe and is not someone you can get attached to. The graphics are good and show big tremendous battles, but I experienced some slow down. The gameplay was solid and there were many neat guns in the game. I did not like though how the game kept throwing the same enemies at you though. It takes a while before you fight a different enemies other than the typical Chimera foot solider. All and all Resistance is fun while it last's and the multilayer will probaley interest you for a bit but in the end I would only pick this game up for around 20 to 30 bucks. Cheers. Expand
  41. JackH
    Oct 22, 2008
    This is the only game in my PS3 library of 10 games that i HAVE NOT FINISHED...it didn't hold me at all...i mean come on...aliens invading the world? been there...way past done that. I spent a good bit of time online playing this game, which was fun, but when the far superior Call of Duty 4 came out i quit doing this game online. The single player story is just too boring and whored This is the only game in my PS3 library of 10 games that i HAVE NOT FINISHED...it didn't hold me at all...i mean come on...aliens invading the world? been there...way past done that. I spent a good bit of time online playing this game, which was fun, but when the far superior Call of Duty 4 came out i quit doing this game online. The single player story is just too boring and whored out. I know when it comes to shooters there isn't a lot to work with story-wise, but please...try harder. Call of Duty 4 and Dead Space are excellent shooting games that have very cool stories...call of duty 4 reigns supreme. Expand
  42. ZackaryS.
    Oct 9, 2008
    This game is the reason i bought a PS3 and i was not disappointed. its a very good game its in my top 15 fav the only thing thats i don't like is some of the online components but its still a very strong excellent titles.
  43. AaronB.
    Oct 8, 2008
    Wow!!! an amazing experience! this game contains so much action! though this game reminds me of war of the worlds movie. the online of this game is epic !!! this game is a must have for all ps3 users just one amazing experience!!!
  44. SpencerT
    Sep 19, 2008
    While graphically not as stunning as, say, Uncharted or Metal Gear Solid 4, the unique setting, rich and gripping storyline, just plain fun guns, terrifying and brilliant enemy design, cunning AI and vibrant and fun multiplayer make this a brilliant game. In addition, between the Skill points, unlockable weapons and collectable intel, here is ample material to allow much replay value.
  45. schlittmehr
    Sep 14, 2008
    I really dont understand how this game can have a higher user rating than a game like gta 4! Its not a bad game, but what it is is very average, people sometimes put it on a par with halo 3, which i would agree with, but then halo 3 is really very average too! Resistance is a mediocre fps in a sea of mediocre fps's, i wont say it wasnt worth the money, but thats mainly because i only I really dont understand how this game can have a higher user rating than a game like gta 4! Its not a bad game, but what it is is very average, people sometimes put it on a par with halo 3, which i would agree with, but then halo 3 is really very average too! Resistance is a mediocre fps in a sea of mediocre fps's, i wont say it wasnt worth the money, but thats mainly because i only spent 18 quid on it! The gameplay has some nice moments, and the addition of 2 player coop is helpful as its something lacking in other fps titles. Expand
  46. TravisM.
    Sep 8, 2008
    This game is by far one of the best PS3 games ever, Starts rather bland with a great story building behind it. Midway, The game's narrative starts to drive the game and the level design gets way better, As a cross platform gamer, Owning all three modern consoles.. I can say this is better than Halo 3, And most 360 FPS's. Don't let your console pride blind you from great games.
  47. CharafB.
    Aug 17, 2008
    This game sucks really soo much that when i taught that this would be good game in shop but in home i tested it and graphics look really bad no good textures and sad multiplayer so i didnt like it.only good thing was the sounds in game i liked them but all the other was so bad that i bought xbox360 and halo 3 and i think their much better .
  48. JoeH.
    Jul 31, 2008
    Clearly a launch title, this is a little lacking in the graphics department. The game play is a little repetitive in places all though there are also some really quite inventive and fun parts. The real niggle though is changing weapons (very poorly implemented) and the choice of weapons. Sure there are quite a lot of weapons but I've only really used about 4 or 5 of them, the rest Clearly a launch title, this is a little lacking in the graphics department. The game play is a little repetitive in places all though there are also some really quite inventive and fun parts. The real niggle though is changing weapons (very poorly implemented) and the choice of weapons. Sure there are quite a lot of weapons but I've only really used about 4 or 5 of them, the rest are rather pointless. Those giving this game a 0, 1 and 10 have ulterior motives, for me it Expand
  49. Notafanboy
    Jul 9, 2008
    This game reminds me of Halo 3. Yes, it's fun to play and is good, but was overhyped to the max and doesn't bring anything new to the FPS genre. Just like Halo, if it weren't as hyped up as it was, it would be in the middle of the FPS ladder. Somewhat disappointing.
  50. ChanseW.
    Jun 27, 2008
    One thing about shooters is that throughout the game most players think they will be safe behind cover. Yet Insomniac's Resistance:Fall of Man throws that whole idea out the proverbial window with the implementation of clever weaponry and a campaign that...although dull at times...still provides a solid playthrough. Not to mention the multiplaye, which with its Call of Duty esque One thing about shooters is that throughout the game most players think they will be safe behind cover. Yet Insomniac's Resistance:Fall of Man throws that whole idea out the proverbial window with the implementation of clever weaponry and a campaign that...although dull at times...still provides a solid playthrough. Not to mention the multiplaye, which with its Call of Duty esque rewards system as one progresses though the ranks and a still active online community provide hours of gaming. Graphically it is a bit weak, although it must be taken into account that this was a PS3 launch title. Furthermore it was Insomniac's first shot at a shooter (no pun intended). About 3/4 of the way through the game ramps up in difficulty and the color palette becomes trite, but until then it holds your attention. A 'alternate universe' storyline provide a better backdrop than any other WWII shooter, and while the cutscenes between levels are simply boring slideshows, the gameplay in between is action-packed. The game is certainly a must play for any PS3 owner or shooter fan, and although it may not have the same credentials as a Call of Duty or Halo, give it a shot...you will like it. Expand
  51. danieln.
    Jun 13, 2008
    The graphic are quite good but not superb which for me is the only reason this game doesn't get 10 out of 10. The storying line has quite a few twists and is quite detailed. The storyline is also a breath of fresh air, this game is superb considering that this is a release title and this game won't be topped for a while
  52. LuizO.
    Jun 2, 2008
    The game is one of the best FPS games I've played (not many as I'm not a super fan of the genre), with an engaging story telling, mixing animation and great artwork. Voice acting is also great, specially Rachel Parker, a Captain he helps rescuing from the Chimera. Rachel follows Nathan over the radio during the hole game, giving him directions and tips of what to do. Here are my The game is one of the best FPS games I've played (not many as I'm not a super fan of the genre), with an engaging story telling, mixing animation and great artwork. Voice acting is also great, specially Rachel Parker, a Captain he helps rescuing from the Chimera. Rachel follows Nathan over the radio during the hole game, giving him directions and tips of what to do. Here are my scores: Graphics:8.0 The game looks gorgeous, I'd say it really shows the PS2 and the XBox are in an old generation of consoles, but it turns out that it is also far from using the full power of the PS3. The expressions on Nathan Hale's face are not really involving, for a guy who is going through some really had times, he lacks some personality in his expressions. The colors in the game are pale, giving it a gloomy feel that you would expect in a game picturing a war in England during the 50's, it really makes you feel like you are in seeing images from the past, just brilliant. The models for the weapons, the chimera, the vehicles, the buildings and the other environmental stuff are very well rendered and detailed, there is a part of the game where it is snowing, if you spin around, you will really get a very nice sense of relative movement. One thing that was really bad is that while playing, your character is not a fully rendered body, but just a gun and and a hand, you might be asking, how did I noticed that if the game is in first person, well try to find a corner than look all the way down, you will understand. Story: 9.0 This is the best part, because during the entire game they keep showing you bits and peaces of a whole, that you will still be unaware in the end of the game. This gives them a lot of ground to work on more titles that unfold the real background behind the chimera. Even though the animations of Hale look too plain and without feeling, it's Rachel who tells the story, with her very truthful British accent and emotion enough for you to forget about the rest. The story makes you want go through the game just to see how it will turn out and leaves you wanting to know the answers to a lot of questions. As this is a franchise, this is actually a good thing. Sound: 7.5 The battle field does sound like it should and the quiet areas to, what it does bad is that if you step slowly on a surface it will make the same noise as if you were jumping. While this is great to give you the scares if you are trying sneak in quiet scenarios, it detracts a lot from the realism you expect in the sound of today games. The surround sound works well, but it's just a good sounding game, not great, not superb, not perfect. Gameplay: 8.5 Fun, rewarding and fast paced. I am not super into FPS games, I'm more of a sneaking kind of guy, but in Resistance, I have to admit that I really enjoyed going berserk at the times the game forced me to. If you, on the other hand, love to go crazy shooting all that moves, you will love this game, specially because friendly fire is ON. The AI is great at times, the enemies will take cover when under fire and will attack you with grenades while you are under cover, but there are many times when you are able to shoot a chimera slowly to death without seeing any sort of reaction. Some chimera have different behavior, being more aggressive and visceral, trying to attack you no matter what, these are the best times to use your good and old shotgun. When playing coop, the game does some funny (weird) stuff, as it is check point triggered, when you hit a check point area, the game will force your buddy there by teleporting him there and as the campaign is the same as the single player, only in vertical split screen mode, the game totally ignores the other character, story wise, as if he never existed. Generally, if you are covered, you don't have to worry about enemies shooting at you, unless they guys are shooting with a weapon called Auger, which can go through anything. This really adds to the game play, forcing you take action instead of hiding when you have these kinds of enemies around. Sniping is just great, with special headshot animations and a special effect that I will not spoil here. There is also different animations when you kill them by shooting their legs, the effect is really good. One other problem I noticed, is that you cannot hold the grenade for a while to maximize the damage, but at the same time it was cool to see chimeras jumping away in order to scape my grenades. I wish Hale could do that too. There are lots of unlockables in the game which became available (you get a message on scree) when you accomplish certain things, too bad trophies are yet to come. Interactivity: 7.0 Yeah, I can play PS2 games where I go through vegetation or other things without it moving, but on the PS3... sorry guys, I want you to animate the environment, it could be a simple animation like the ones we had in Metal Gear Solid 3, but yes, I want the environment to interact with me, when I throw an RPG in a wall, it is ok with me if it doesn't collapse, but I need it to show some damage. I really hope to see a game where you can shoot a tree to make it fall over a house giving you an alternative way to access another area of the map without making the game a sandbox. Multiplayer: 7.5 The offline campaign is super fun to play with a friend, even though, as I already said, the game pretends Nathan's friend is not there, but the choice of making it Vertical splitscreen wasn't really for my taste, I know this is a compromise, either horizontal or vertical, you will end up loosing area, but I personally rather see my enemies than a little bit more of the sky. On the online part, it is a lot like Quake, you got a good variety of weapons, energy packs, ammo... and many guys to shoot but I have to tell you, I was destroyed in the matches I've participated, so it wasn't really fun for me. Expand
  53. LukeR.
    Apr 28, 2008
    A very good game that got me into FPS again. It was also my first game online and boy is it hectic and fun. The single player is entertaining but the most fun is in the multiplayer.
  54. TonyM
    Mar 18, 2008
    The game is not worth getting, the graphics are alright and so is the plot but the AI is so dumb that it is an insult calling them AI, the flashlight is quite annoying and there is a massive similarity with Half Life 2, Gears of war, Quake 4 and Doom 3(which are all way better than this). The multiplayer is quite bad with really random maps with pointless designs
  55. CS
    Feb 26, 2008
    This is a completely sub-par, average title at best, that brings 0% new to the table. Multiplayer is very poorly designed. I think majority of these reviews were when it first came out and no one had a PS3 game to compare too.
  56. AndrewR.
    Feb 15, 2008
    This was the best game at the time, and there is nothing stoping that.. People keep comparing it to Halo blah blah blah... quit trying to compare and play it!!! then give your input... Halo has gone trough 3 games this was a first work, just you wait until Resistance 2 comes out... look out Halo.
  57. ChrisL.
    Feb 11, 2008
    It is a brilliant game, it is fun and the gun selection is great because you can use the chimeran guns as well. I hope the new game Resistance 2 will be just as good.
  58. MontyG.
    Feb 3, 2008
    A complete package of a game. Solid single player with a surprisingly effective narrative structure, and addictive multiplayer that steps in as the 'halo' for PS3.
  59. EmmettT.
    Jan 31, 2008
    This game rocks, Yes halo and gears are real nice games with good multiplayer but there not good enough to say that they are better then this game. And the same goes for this game to say that it is better. Most of these people that complain about it can not play it and get mad so they put bad reviews.
  60. JasonL.
    Jan 31, 2008
    This game has a solid campaign but really looses points in the muliplayer. The maps are boring and seem like very liitle thought was put in to designing them and everyone plays 1 hit kill matches. The muliplayer is mildly entertaining but nothing special and certainly not the best on the console. I would actually give this a 7.5 but I am rounding up becuase it was a release game and as a This game has a solid campaign but really looses points in the muliplayer. The maps are boring and seem like very liitle thought was put in to designing them and everyone plays 1 hit kill matches. The muliplayer is mildly entertaining but nothing special and certainly not the best on the console. I would actually give this a 7.5 but I am rounding up becuase it was a release game and as a release game it is good. If you are looking for a multiplayer I would recomend Call of Duty 4, Rainbo Six or even GRAW 2. If you don't play online I would suggest Drake's Fortune or Rachet and Clank. All in all it's a solid game that is worth checking out, but there are better games out there for the ps3. Expand
  61. VitoA.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Considering this game was a release title which kick started the next chapter in Sony's success story; this game lives up to the expectations in every possible way. Insomniac are truly a great team of developers and are tribute to true workmanship and skill. They don't complain about the supposed difficulty of coding on the Playstation 3 like many other developers. What they do Considering this game was a release title which kick started the next chapter in Sony's success story; this game lives up to the expectations in every possible way. Insomniac are truly a great team of developers and are tribute to true workmanship and skill. They don't complain about the supposed difficulty of coding on the Playstation 3 like many other developers. What they do is release 2 quality games within a year and then already preview the sequel to this game which looks spectacular. I praise this game in the highest! Very satisfying. Expand
  62. AaroS.
    Jan 3, 2008
    The second best PS3 game ever (Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction FTW). It has everthing that awesome game needs and you want to play this game more, more and more. the online game is awesome as well as the campaing mode which has exellent story. Insomniac Games gives you super cool weapons that you'll love to use! 40 players online matches are just FANTASTIC! You got an The second best PS3 game ever (Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction FTW). It has everthing that awesome game needs and you want to play this game more, more and more. the online game is awesome as well as the campaing mode which has exellent story. Insomniac Games gives you super cool weapons that you'll love to use! 40 players online matches are just FANTASTIC! You got an awesome ranking system and many patches will make your play time even better. There are also two different map-packs which you can buy easily. This is the game that deserves 10 out of 10! Expand
  63. M.M.
    Dec 30, 2007
    This is a great FPS. Intruiging storyline, outstanding co-op and multiplayer modes, comprehensive online too, creative and tactical weapons and excellent atmosphere and level design all combine to make this a must-play game. And all this from a launch title! One of the best FPS games I have played. Highly Recommended.
  64. Sean
    Dec 29, 2007
    This game is the best game i have ever plsyed and if you have a ps3 You need this game. the online play is perfect because it is never the same andlots of settings. Capaign is excelent also and very long. if you have Halo3, its time to throw it. out and buy an Ps3 and this game. I play online look for me my user name is Havok R519 or Havok R505.
  65. SamH.
    Dec 23, 2007
    I was extremely sad when i got home after paying £45!!!! for this peice of junk. it was truely awful and i hated every moment. the graphics are very ordinary and the art is dull , even on my 1080p 40 inch samsung. most people who think this game is good should play gears of war or halo 3 , they make this shooter seem so ordinary in all ways possible.
  66. JacoboT.
    Dec 18, 2007
    This game is horrible. Nothing makes it stand out. It pales in comparison to most FPS's. Its graphics are nothing special. this is a reason not to buy a PS3, Gears of War is much better than Resistance: Fall of Man, graphicly and 150% gameplay. I expected more from this game, but it sucked, not even worth renting.
  67. DerekR.
    Dec 13, 2007
    Billed as a killer must have PS3 title I was expecting much, MUCH more. Its frankly just another dull FPS. the graphics are a good point and have a real vintage look about them in keeping with its setting, but the lack of shine and polish gets a little oppressive after a while. Gameplay was originally slightly marred by the lack of rumble (which has now been fixed, not too soon Sony) but Billed as a killer must have PS3 title I was expecting much, MUCH more. Its frankly just another dull FPS. the graphics are a good point and have a real vintage look about them in keeping with its setting, but the lack of shine and polish gets a little oppressive after a while. Gameplay was originally slightly marred by the lack of rumble (which has now been fixed, not too soon Sony) but the actions of the enemies who will stand still while you gun them down is laughable, it has the obligatory minor enemies (a sort of dog like version of Half Lifes head crabs) to break up the monotonous waves of chimera. You amass a wide range of different looking weapons that unfortunately have very little variation in power. The level design is a high point, some good interior and exterior sections, not overly loaded with endless tunnels and mazes, the few vehicle sections scattered throughout are regretfully poor, most noticeably the Tank sections. This is a launch title so it wasn't going to have the same standard of polish that you might expect to see after the console has found its feet but still this is a mediocre offering and hasn't helped the slow start for the PS3. Expand
  68. J
    Dec 4, 2007
    This is by far one of the best games I have ever played. The story line is awesome and the weapons are too. I've played a lot of FPS's including Doom and the Halo series, and nothing else even comes close. If you own a PS3, you need to get this game!
  69. TerryJ.
    Dec 1, 2007
    Awesome campaign, graphics, story, and settings. Great to see co-op, 40 player online, and the online ranking system is nice. Very high replay value.
  70. DavidK.
    Nov 29, 2007
    Its obvious that from the list of games we were given to try from Marc.F thats hes a Xbox fan"BOY" that aside i agree that this game is not great, but i also beliave that, the games story is excellent i just think that they executed the story soo badly, and i feel the solo campaing is not worth it, if you get it GET online. which in my opinion, is much like Halo 1,2, and 3, they are PANTS Its obvious that from the list of games we were given to try from Marc.F thats hes a Xbox fan"BOY" that aside i agree that this game is not great, but i also beliave that, the games story is excellent i just think that they executed the story soo badly, and i feel the solo campaing is not worth it, if you get it GET online. which in my opinion, is much like Halo 1,2, and 3, they are PANTS unless online. so i gave this game an 8, graphics.....you probably wont even give a wow, as they are lacking in finer details, Solo campaingn. ok but not worth it unless you have online. ONline = really good fun, one great online game, still not the best though. Expand
  71. Pete
    Nov 24, 2007
    It's "Gears of War-lite" for all you sony fanboys.
  72. J.K.
    Nov 7, 2007
    This game has the best co-op mode I have seen.
  73. IndiS.
    Nov 2, 2007
    Insomniac games made another game that looks awesome such as the storyline, co-operative, multiplayer, online, clan, medals and finally skill points but there's still more. Plus there's updates for Resistance: Fall of Man when you play online to make a little improvement but it will come in future or game items from the PlayStation store if there are any. If your not sure about Insomniac games made another game that looks awesome such as the storyline, co-operative, multiplayer, online, clan, medals and finally skill points but there's still more. Plus there's updates for Resistance: Fall of Man when you play online to make a little improvement but it will come in future or game items from the PlayStation store if there are any. If your not sure about this game download the demo from the PlayStation store and see how you feel about this game. Expand
  74. M
    Oct 27, 2007
    Great gameplay but the story lets it down. Yet again the world is in trouble and America has to save everyone else! The player can't even choose to play as a Brit, even though we're supposed to be fighting side by side with the Americans. And I wonder whose great idea it was to feature Manchester Cathedral... But apart from that it's worthy of a 7/10.
  75. BobM.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Simply the best FPS graphics in gaming history. Great gameplay and storyline!!!
  76. MarcF.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Very very average game. by itself its a decent game, but when you match it up with other competing next gen games, it really isnt good at all. the graphics are okay, maybe on par with half life 2 which came out in 2003. no character development, horrible story, but ok its a shooter. however, some things are inexcusable for a next gen game. the enemy ai is completely retarded, and the game Very very average game. by itself its a decent game, but when you match it up with other competing next gen games, it really isnt good at all. the graphics are okay, maybe on par with half life 2 which came out in 2003. no character development, horrible story, but ok its a shooter. however, some things are inexcusable for a next gen game. the enemy ai is completely retarded, and the game is very repetitive. playstation 3 is really going down the tubes if this is the killer app. i see a lot of fanboys giving it a 10, but i really do not think it deserves anywhere near that score, even as a ps3 owner. you guys need to wake up and play the good games out there. get halo 3, gears of war, the orange box, graw 2, lost planet, oblivion, dead rising, crackdown, the outfit. try something original, this game is stale, and mutliplayer is lame. ok 40 players but it sucks. from personal experience, if youre a serious gamer looking to pick up a console, save your money and get a 360 cuz theres no good multiplayer gaems out on the ps3 yet. and the unified friends list / achievements across all games seal the deal. my 2 cents. Expand
  77. NJ
    Oct 19, 2007
    Awesome online play 40 players and great single player. The first true nextgen game for any system. Love it.
  78. ChrisH.
    Oct 12, 2007
    This game is just WOW. graphics are better then halo3 and online.....40 Players! as when i play halo 3 online, theres only a max of 16 players (but i play the 5v5 slayer and skirmish). The weopens are original, the monsters are original, the game is original. Pick up the game ASAP.
  79. Barry
    Oct 4, 2007
    Awesome. Great graphics (even better than Halo 3's and it's been out many more months) and the gameplay is sound.. multiplayer is a blast, probably the best the PS3 for a good few months.
  80. Matthias
    Sep 29, 2007
    These 10 out of 10 reviews dont make too much sense to me. Well for sure this game isnt the worsed game ever, but still it isnt really good. Just another Fps kind game you most likely want to get second hand or budget, than play and re-sell it. Well 6 out of 10 from me, mediocre rating for something i felt to be a mediocre game.
  81. DensyD.
    Sep 28, 2007
    What a great game! I've avoided first person shooters since Quake 2 ate up my sophomore year of college, so I bought this game with trepedation... and have been absolutely enthralled with it! What fun! True, I've played on easy - and had a fun time - but it's a marvelous game, with beautiful graphics. I've jumped and dodged around my living room while playing due to What a great game! I've avoided first person shooters since Quake 2 ate up my sophomore year of college, so I bought this game with trepedation... and have been absolutely enthralled with it! What fun! True, I've played on easy - and had a fun time - but it's a marvelous game, with beautiful graphics. I've jumped and dodged around my living room while playing due to the excitement of the scenes! The online play is WAY too cool, also.!!!! Expand
  82. ChuckieA.
    Sep 28, 2007
    I recently finished the entire game & felt very Satisfied to what it had to offer, then i tried the online play. WOW!!! Incredible!! I could not tell you how amazing it is to play against 40 other players at once, you have to see for yourself.
  83. DavidO.
    Sep 28, 2007
    Fun, but way over rated and unoriginal. Too much hype, not enough new things. Lame single player.
  84. RandyS.
    Sep 27, 2007
    This is the shit, it's better than Halo 2 and 1...The computer AI is smart as hell...This game will keep you on your toes.
  85. TiagoB.
    Sep 11, 2007
    It's not impressive, it's not a breath of fresh air. It's just another FPS...
  86. DensyD.
    Sep 11, 2007
  87. ShamusM.
    Aug 29, 2007
    INTENSE gameplay, spectacular graphics, the most intriguing game i have ever played in my life!!! Great story line great weapons and a great overall first person shooter. BUY IT NOW!!!!! ;)
  88. DaveG.
    Aug 28, 2007
    Pure class to play- and great online play to match! Very invigorating storyline and just good overall.
  89. IgorK.
    Aug 24, 2007
    This game is great! Me and my friend are still playing in cooperative mode and we can't stop. Only lack of electricity will make us to stop playing it! Developer did a good work.
  90. AndrewT.
    Jul 10, 2007
    I love this game i could play multiplayer with friends everyday, i think the best game i ever played.
  91. AnonymousMC
    Jul 10, 2007
    For a first generation game on the next generation console system, this game really finds its niche. Great multiplayer options really makes this game shine. My only problem is that the campaign never really surprises you. If you are used to playing FPS's, especially great ones like Half-Life, then you will be expecting ambushes around every corner. Unfortunatly, the most surprisingFor a first generation game on the next generation console system, this game really finds its niche. Great multiplayer options really makes this game shine. My only problem is that the campaign never really surprises you. If you are used to playing FPS's, especially great ones like Half-Life, then you will be expecting ambushes around every corner. Unfortunatly, the most surprising moments are when you actually fight a harder enemy. Again, unfortunatly, you end up fighting that monster the next level. What makes this game good, however, is the weapons. Every weapon feels unique and well thought out. With great checks and balances, along with creative secondary fires, it's hard to figure out why the carbine seems to be the best weapon to use...And why the story line is in 1951.

Positives: Great weapon system, narration, and multiplayer.
    Negatives: Mediocre incorporation of weapons in the campaign, lackluster differences in enemies, and the lack of surprises
    Overall: A great fix for people wanting an FPS on their PS3. The campaign is enjoyable, but leaves something to be desired. The multiplayer picks up what the campaign left out.
    Bottom Line: If you have a PS3 and enjoy FPS's, then buy this game. You won't be dissapointed.
  92. RickS.
    Jul 5, 2007
    I've clocked this games in every mode and every level including superhuman, I have thousands of on-line kills and I STILL want to play it.
  93. SeanT.
    Jul 4, 2007
    The best on-line multiplayer game. Excellent single player and cooperative storyline. Good graphics and fast paced action.
  94. JoeyK.
    Jun 27, 2007
    I was surprised how good this game was. When the PS3 launched, I wasn't interested, I thought it was just an average shooter that got inflated scores because it was the best launch title. But it's actually a very good shooter on its own. The story is interesting, but not great, and the premise is neat, but not fantastic. The unique weapons are cool, and help to set it apart from I was surprised how good this game was. When the PS3 launched, I wasn't interested, I thought it was just an average shooter that got inflated scores because it was the best launch title. But it's actually a very good shooter on its own. The story is interesting, but not great, and the premise is neat, but not fantastic. The unique weapons are cool, and help to set it apart from games with similar styles and settings. The main flaw of the game is that is suffers from too many shooter cliches and conventions. That doesn't detract from the gameplay, but it makes most parts of the game seem predictable and familiar. But overall, it's a really fun shooter. I don't even like FPS that much, especially on consoles, but I had a great time playing through the whole game on co-op with a friend. Expand
  95. VersemS.
    Jun 26, 2007
    This game was the beginning step to the rise of the Playstation 3 with good graphics and story. It had great level design and the Chimeran weapons are quite creative. The use of the SIXAXIS is pretty exciting when an enemy jumps onto you. The online multiplayer supports up to 40 players while offline you have 4 which is really fun with some friends. Resistance: Fall of Man is a great FPS This game was the beginning step to the rise of the Playstation 3 with good graphics and story. It had great level design and the Chimeran weapons are quite creative. The use of the SIXAXIS is pretty exciting when an enemy jumps onto you. The online multiplayer supports up to 40 players while offline you have 4 which is really fun with some friends. Resistance: Fall of Man is a great FPS and once you begin you can find yourself playing for hours. Expand
  96. LukeB.
    Jun 5, 2007
    Great game. great graphics, great online what more could you ask for.
  97. ScottH.
    Jun 1, 2007
    The game is a excellent games and is awsome online.
  98. DarylL.
    May 11, 2007
    Graphically its certainly impressive, a great launch title for the PS3 to boast the technical capabilities we can expect to see in the future. The co-op mode in particular is great fun, along with Internet play options gives Resistance that extra longevity. Its not a groundbreaking game as theres something missing to distinguish itself from the vast competition of FPS games available at Graphically its certainly impressive, a great launch title for the PS3 to boast the technical capabilities we can expect to see in the future. The co-op mode in particular is great fun, along with Internet play options gives Resistance that extra longevity. Its not a groundbreaking game as theres something missing to distinguish itself from the vast competition of FPS games available at the moment. This leaves the single player with a sense of 'seen it all before' thus is unlikely to give anyone any great incentive to do it all over again. You do get to unlock you weapons when completed but personally i think its more fun using them against humans on the net rather than going through that game again. Having said that its still a top game, with the restricted choice of games out on the PS3 at the moment this is probably the must buy for any action seeker. Expand
  99. Dan
    May 6, 2007
    I think this is a great launch game for the ps3. It is a solid FPS and boasts crisp graphics and a compelling storyline. Even on a standard TV, the game is beautifully realised with some excellent attention to detail. The levels are generally well planned and the AI, whilst not exceptional, will offer even the most experienced of a gamers a run for their money. All this, coupled with a I think this is a great launch game for the ps3. It is a solid FPS and boasts crisp graphics and a compelling storyline. Even on a standard TV, the game is beautifully realised with some excellent attention to detail. The levels are generally well planned and the AI, whilst not exceptional, will offer even the most experienced of a gamers a run for their money. All this, coupled with a very efficient online mode represent very good value. Well done Insomnia, it will be interesting to see what happens next on this platform as the programmers tap into the power of PS3. Sony were right to delay the launch of their console rather than rush to the production lines like Microsoft. Liittle wonder that, Microsoft are already working on an upgraded 360 system. Expand
  100. StevenMoore
    May 3, 2007
    After completing the game, it's just nothing special. It tries hard to be Half Life 1, 2, Doom 3 and Halo 2 all in one but it just comes up a bit short, which is a shame considering the effort that has been put into this title. Graphically it's rather bland with flat lighting and some ugly textures, though the levels are enormous and show that the PS3 has massive potential. IfAfter completing the game, it's just nothing special. It tries hard to be Half Life 1, 2, Doom 3 and Halo 2 all in one but it just comes up a bit short, which is a shame considering the effort that has been put into this title. Graphically it's rather bland with flat lighting and some ugly textures, though the levels are enormous and show that the PS3 has massive potential. If you have a PS3 you'll doubtless pick it up and enjoy it, in a couple of years it'll still be high on the average score lists simply because nothing better was available at the time. Collapse

From start to finish, Fall of Man is one hell of an outstanding roller coaster ride that every last PS3 owner needs for day one...Above all else, it's the multiplayer elements that truly ascend this one to the next level. It's a must have for sure.
  2. When you kill an enemy it doesn't disappear and when you blow up part of the near fully destructible environments the pieces don't go away either. The obvious power of the PS3 and the masterful coding work of the developers let everything stay on screen all the time while never taking a frame hit. This is an incredible accomplishment for a launch game on any system. [JPN Import]
    Resistance falls a little short of being the hoped-for "Halo-killer," but with a package that would be considered complete by any standards, it delivers a launch classic, and it lives up to its billing as the PS3's killer app.