• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2006
8.1

1. Jan 27, 2012
    Even though this game is six years old it still manages to hold it's own against other newer shooters, and that's saying a lot, the graphics do show age but the sound design is still fantastic, and the controls are tight and feel great, you can still find matches online but honestly I didn't find the multiplayer all that enjoyable but hey at least it's still got it, and the fact thatEven though this game is six years old it still manages to hold it's own against other newer shooters, and that's saying a lot, the graphics do show age but the sound design is still fantastic, and the controls are tight and feel great, you can still find matches online but honestly I didn't find the multiplayer all that enjoyable but hey at least it's still got it, and the fact that people still play it says something about how popular of a game this is, the best part of the game and the reason you should buy this is for the phenomenal campaign, while the story or characters aren't all that interesting or great, the set pieces are, and it reminds me of older shooters like Doom 3 in the way it manages to be a challenge without ever really feeling overly difficult, maybe a little frustrating in one or two parts but it never felt like the game was trying to work against me, and it helps that they give you one of the best FPS arsenals of all time, and checkpoints are generally very forgiving, especially seeing as how you get full health after you respawn at a checkpoint, and it includes two player local co-op, and new weapons are unlocked after you beat the campaign so that adds reason to play through it twice just to try out the new toys, honestly if your a fan of good challenging shooters then this is a must buy, I highly recommend. Expand
  2. May 28, 2012
    This game was okay ,nothing special.
  3. Sep 27, 2010
    the first game i got for my PS3 was this game. its a very fun FPS game thats fairly long compared to most about 10-12 hours. the gun selection is insane you get around 18 guns and 5 differnt granade types some like the backlash grenade are just sick idea's and are cool to use. i like the fact you are not limeted to just a few guns which has become the current trend in alot of FPS games . ithe first game i got for my PS3 was this game. its a very fun FPS game thats fairly long compared to most about 10-12 hours. the gun selection is insane you get around 18 guns and 5 differnt granade types some like the backlash grenade are just sick idea's and are cool to use. i like the fact you are not limeted to just a few guns which has become the current trend in alot of FPS games . i love carrying a arsenal into battle with me . the story is fairly intresting but will leave you with some question marks . the graphics are ok they are not mind blowing but this is a PS3 launch game. the enimy AI is pretty smart they will ducj and dive for cover or out of the way of your grenades . yjeu will try and suppress you and rush or come at you guns a blazing . the best way you can describe this game is it takes all the cool things done in fps games and hybrids them into one game. that being said its also one of the flaws the game is alot of fun but theres nothing really that seperates it from any thing els . the online also did nothing for me i played it for a few jours and felt no reason to do it again . the story mode was alot of fun though played through it a few times and enjoyed it. Expand
  4. Jul 10, 2011
    In my fun factor, Resistance is like a rival for Gears of War, i had fun but not blown away. The story is nice, the arsenal weapons are in a large scale. Strong title for the PS3 and also the Halo for the PS3, i;m happy that Sony created a good rival.
  5. Mar 29, 2015
    Weird campaign,disappointing graphics,bad controls and a glitchy multiplayer are the reasons Resistance : Fall of Man is not that good of a game.But,I have to give the game credit for the original and interesting story.
  6. Dec 18, 2013
    Good fps, has some character to it, looks more then decent and it's fun to use all the different weapons on the variety of enemies. I don't play a lof of fps's but this played well and the controls were good. I liked the healing system as well.
  7. Jun 17, 2011
    Good concept and storyline but it's a case of been there done that. Nothing new in this game to separate it from the rest. Worth a play through but wouldn't be going back for more.
  8. Mar 13, 2011
    this game was pretty good when i played it the first time though but is a chore to go through again and good graphics cant make up for the lack of replay value and there is no one online with this game any more so there is no point in buying it. borrow from a friend or rent it
  9. Sep 10, 2014
    Meh. Repetitive, just another mindless shootemup. The story was interesting at first, but became stale as the story progresses. The weapons were meh, the enemies were meh. The gameplay was ok, but nothing special. The lack of online for resistance has stopped me from buying future iterations of this franchise. Shame, the online looks great from what I've seen on youtube, it would've savedMeh. Repetitive, just another mindless shootemup. The story was interesting at first, but became stale as the story progresses. The weapons were meh, the enemies were meh. The gameplay was ok, but nothing special. The lack of online for resistance has stopped me from buying future iterations of this franchise. Shame, the online looks great from what I've seen on youtube, it would've saved this game from being below average and scored a 7 or even an 8 from me, but nope, no online. Expand
  10. Jan 22, 2014
    Resistance has the best and most fascinating alternate history setting I know. Resistance Fall of Man is a very good game, and about the only game that revolves around Human-alien war which is something I really like and I really like science fiction, there is no other game that portrays war in Britain, and more importantly, there is no other game that realistically features Human fightingResistance has the best and most fascinating alternate history setting I know. Resistance Fall of Man is a very good game, and about the only game that revolves around Human-alien war which is something I really like and I really like science fiction, there is no other game that portrays war in Britain, and more importantly, there is no other game that realistically features Human fighting against aliens and that is something I really like.

The story is fantastic and well imagined, and there is a big alternate history background to it, the Russian Revolution fails so there is no Communism or Soviet Union, the first World War plays out differently and so World War II never happened. Also, Russia closes it's borders in 1921 and is still an empire; still ruled by Tsar as the aliens take over the massive country and there are a load of other historical changes as well. You should read the whole fictional history on Resistance Wiki.

The story is narrated by a female soldier called Rachel Parker, telling you about what's happening, what goes on and what happened, and you get to see photos of events shown in no colour, making it look more realistic, of course they are a bit too blurred and unclear though.

The weapons are very good, and there are skill-points similar to Ratchet & Clank, it's just stupid that Insomniac didn't do any trophies to this game. The NPC soldiers beside you are OK... depending on the difficulty and there are times where they are terrible and barely fight the aliens which does bring down the game at times, and there are times where they fight and kill the enemies. I just don't understand why people can make up smart enemies but not NPC allies around you.

The story in this game in single player is about Europe being invaded and overrun by frightening aliens and eventually invading Britain, and they came out of Russia. The US and British forces come together to fight off and drive the Chimera out of Britain. You are Nathan Hale and you partake in the fight for Britain as you fight along soldiers or alone a lot of the time.

As for the multiplayer, I never went online on the Ps3 until recently and I like it so much, sadly, because this is an old game, nobody plays it and when I get into servers, whoever makes up the server puts on stupid settings like 1 shot kill and takes away much of the weapons, I don't understand why they want to do that, whoever hosts the games. They are custom and not ranked though, you can't get any ranked games now. Playing 40 player battles would be enjoyable, but it's too late for that now. But I am not judging or rating this game by today's standards.

This game has a very good feel to me and an engaging story which may leave you with questions such as how this all happened, what happens to Britain and western Europe after, what happened to Europe during the invasion and what happened to Russia. I just absolutely wish Resistance was made in this generation, right now, rather than 7 years ago, I would love this game to have really realistic graphics like other games, and much better A.I. Resistance is not flawless, but it has a fantastic setup, but sadly, its sequels were poorly handled and has lots of problems.
  11. Sep 29, 2013
    "Resistance: Fall of Man" es un first person shooter de ciencia ficción inteligente que, en un minuto de juego sabe hacerte entender que, en realidad es uno de los títulos de PlayStation 2 más jugado en mucho tiempo desde 2006 que traspasó las ventas. Yo me encuentro entre esas personas; "Resistance: Fall of Man" es un juego vicioso para los que les gusten los videojuegos de disparos en"Resistance: Fall of Man" es un first person shooter de ciencia ficción inteligente que, en un minuto de juego sabe hacerte entender que, en realidad es uno de los títulos de PlayStation 2 más jugado en mucho tiempo desde 2006 que traspasó las ventas. Yo me encuentro entre esas personas; "Resistance: Fall of Man" es un juego vicioso para los que les gusten los videojuegos de disparos en primera persona tipo "Killzone". Collapse
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game, however it borrows some ideas from half-life. Not a bad thing, because half-life is great, as is half-life 2. This game is fun to play with lots of interesting enemies and weapons. The mulitplayer is fun but it is fairly generic. Co-op is good, but not top notch and is only good for 1 playthrough. Lack of motion controls hinders you from experiencing the intensity of theGreat game, however it borrows some ideas from half-life. Not a bad thing, because half-life is great, as is half-life 2. This game is fun to play with lots of interesting enemies and weapons. The mulitplayer is fun but it is fairly generic. Co-op is good, but not top notch and is only good for 1 playthrough. Lack of motion controls hinders you from experiencing the intensity of the firefights, and lack of trophy support gives it slightly less replay value. Expand
  13. Jan 26, 2012
    This game is definitely one of the best fps games I've ever played. Right up there with Halo,Bioshock,Doom, and Medal of honor witch are my favorite fps franchises. Resistance has a huge place in history. Despite graphics not at its best. It was a great game.
  14. Jul 1, 2014
    I think I played this one too late, the voice acting and story felt very cheesy and the visuals were pretty bad too. I liked the premise of an alien attack during World War 2 and shooting around was a lot of fun (especially with a friend) for a while but things got boring pretty quickly for me.
  15. Jul 21, 2012
    This game was decent, it has no unique story, no special weapons, no cool cut scenes, no great graphics, no nothing special. Seriously, it is not a good game nor a bad one. If you can, just rent the game, finish it and return it. It is short.
  16. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 8 out of 10, Controls: 7 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 7 out of 10, Re-play: 7 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10
  17. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is funny and I mean that in its hard to think of the reason why its getting a 6/10. It has all the ideas for a great shooter and in many places it is and its alot of fun. The Chimera are a good enemy idea and can occasionally give you a jump plus the weapons are creative aswell. The story is ok but not brilliant but the biggest let down is probably just some sections of the gameThis game is funny and I mean that in its hard to think of the reason why its getting a 6/10. It has all the ideas for a great shooter and in many places it is and its alot of fun. The Chimera are a good enemy idea and can occasionally give you a jump plus the weapons are creative aswell. The story is ok but not brilliant but the biggest let down is probably just some sections of the game which are sort of boring I suppose. Nathan Hale isn't very interesting here and some levels aren't designed well. A good game but not brilliant Expand
  18. May 31, 2012
    8.5 - Resistance is a fine FPS with a wonderful sense of scope. Playing for the first time almost 6 years after it's release, I finally understand the excitement revolving around the game. Great voice acting, fair character animations, and an intriguing (if unexplored) world and fiction. A fairly strong sense of pacing keeps this game from getting too dull, as some parts remind of the8.5 - Resistance is a fine FPS with a wonderful sense of scope. Playing for the first time almost 6 years after it's release, I finally understand the excitement revolving around the game. Great voice acting, fair character animations, and an intriguing (if unexplored) world and fiction. A fairly strong sense of pacing keeps this game from getting too dull, as some parts remind of the great Half Life 2. The incredible, versatile, and creative arsenal that you have at your disposal is a blast to play around with. Resistance truly gives the player tools of destruction to blast quickly through hoards of enemies, making each encounter blisteringly fast paced instead of a dull and boring. The most commendable feature of Resistance is the art direction. Aside from the surprisingly sharp graphics (that trump some games of today), the looming Chimeran structures in the distance and the incredible amounts of detail gone into the creatures and world itself is truly astounding. Browns, greys, and blacks fill the color pallet, but I only feel that this is frowned upon due to playing so many other "brown FPS" games in recent years. Insomniac has some brilliantly creative minds. There are times when Resistance begins to tear at the seams, and difficulty spikes near the end prove frustrating and cheap, but Resistance: Fall of Man is a highly polished and exciting FPS that delivers all the intensity, intrigue, and chaos of a top tier FPS. And it's so cheap now, it's almost a crime not to give it a try! Expand
  19. Feb 26, 2012
    This game was decent. Fun, but not very appealing. When it first came out it seemed pretty cool, then slowly grew boring and dull. Story just seemed disappointing. Wouldn't recommend it.
  20. May 30, 2014
    If you want to play an original and traditional first person shooter though have a less outdated feel whilst playing, then Resistance: Fall of Man is for you. This game is hard...really hard, and enjoys to keep the action short and sweet, but with a huge bang. Resistance is a long game for its genre, and is full of collectibles and achievements which obtain skill points to unlock goodiesIf you want to play an original and traditional first person shooter though have a less outdated feel whilst playing, then Resistance: Fall of Man is for you. This game is hard...really hard, and enjoys to keep the action short and sweet, but with a huge bang. Resistance is a long game for its genre, and is full of collectibles and achievements which obtain skill points to unlock goodies such as concept art. While the M.P. may be gone forever, the offline M.P. and offline cooperative mode for campaign are both worth a purchase. Resistance: Fall of Man is one of the best first-person shooters of all time. Expand
  21. Mar 25, 2013
    10-Presentation; The plot, setting, and characters are a success.
    10-Graphics; The art style may lack variety, but everything is so well done.
    8.5-Sound; Music is hit or miss, but the voice acting and sound effects are excellent. 10-Game play; The levels, controls, mechanics, and AI are excellent. 10-Lasting value; There's co-op, 16 hour campaign, 40 player multiplayer, tons of weapons
    10-Presentation; The plot, setting, and characters are a success.
    10-Graphics; The art style may lack variety, but everything is so well done.
    10-Game play; The levels, controls, mechanics, and AI are excellent.
    10-Lasting value; There's co-op, 16 hour campaign, 40 player multiplayer, tons of weapons and modes, and tons to unlock.
    Overall-10/10
  22. Apr 12, 2011
    I played this game for the first time in 2011 and i find it still to be one of the best games on the ps3. Users who play this after the likes of Black Ops will surely whinge about how it can't compare, but in all honesty this game is brilliant. One of the best campaign's ever, cannot wait to play resistance 2 and then 3!
  23. Nov 1, 2011
    Game is pretty darn good. One of the exclusives that PS3 fanboys got to get. What else can I say about this game? A lot. Like what? Well, to make an essay short. This game offers the creeps and the humor. It doesn't care whether the jokes or scare factors are uncalled for, it'll give you the run of your life. Look back on it, say you enjoyed it and move on to the next level. Amazing. YouGame is pretty darn good. One of the exclusives that PS3 fanboys got to get. What else can I say about this game? A lot. Like what? Well, to make an essay short. This game offers the creeps and the humor. It doesn't care whether the jokes or scare factors are uncalled for, it'll give you the run of your life. Look back on it, say you enjoyed it and move on to the next level. Amazing. You cannot give this game a shrug because you will regret it. The multiplayer is a blast! I repeat, a blast! Since its on the PS3's online network, which consists of a much more mature and grown-up audience, not to mention most Resistance players derive from Europe, there are no trollers. And we all hate trolls, whether you are a troll yourself or not. The campaign and multiplayer is a dual combo that will leave you playing this game for weeks. Maybe months. Maybe years, well that is until its sequel comes out. Until then, this game is the game to play! Expand
  24. Aug 31, 2011
    Can't stand this game. It has co-op, sure. But waiting THIRTY seconds to respawn?? Come-on... And why doesn't health regenerate EVER? Even on easy this game is extremely hard. Probably harder than any other game on PS3 and I have a lot of games.
  25. Jun 9, 2013
    As no surprise developer Insomniac games crafted a flawless shooter incorporating an immersive world, tight and satisfying gunplay, exceptional writing, top notch voice acting, and enough creative weaponry to make Charlton Heston jealous. However, what does come as a surprise is that this game does not include Ratchet or a lovable robot sidekick named Clank nor does it support a lavishlyAs no surprise developer Insomniac games crafted a flawless shooter incorporating an immersive world, tight and satisfying gunplay, exceptional writing, top notch voice acting, and enough creative weaponry to make Charlton Heston jealous. However, what does come as a surprise is that this game does not include Ratchet or a lovable robot sidekick named Clank nor does it support a lavishly comedic and cartoony overworld. This game is Resistance Fall of Man and it kicks serious human/alien hybrid butt! Hats off to Insomniac for having the versatility and skill to step outside their comfort zone of colorful characters and sarcastic one liners set in an E rated third person world to go with something a little more dark, a little more adult. In terms of setting and characters Resistance is the antithesis of Ratchet and Clank, it is a gloomy albeit spectacular setting splashed with a fittingly washed out color pallet of grey and greyer. The world is beautifully ugly with its war torn colorless version of alternate history WWII England. The art direction while mired by some wonderfully depicts the bleak desperateness of war with crumbling buildings, dilapidated 1940's cars lining the streets, and vicious alien hybrids snarling about. Yes, a wonderfully rendered and possibly the best alternate history WWII setting ever created. With a frighteningly scary and ferocious antagonist dubbed (the Chimera) an alien/human hybrid originating from a virus within the walls of a fictional Russia finally breaking out after a ten year incubation period and deadset on devouring europe. These fierce enemies are daunting and numerous while physically imposing they stand seven feet tall with claws and razor sharp teeth, all this with the adeptness to accurately shoot superior weaponry, organize, and sometimes even out think their opponents. The Chimera shine as an all time foe with advanced AI and a varied attack from flanking to simply rushing the opponent with the ferocity of an angry, drunken ex husband. These killing machines come in many different sub species each designed to excel in different areas offering a multitude of ways to kill you. You are the protagonist American soldier and soon to be legend Nathan Hale and you are a badass. Hale is a great character though a little stiff and lacking emotion those are likely traits one would need to survive in that hell. Early into the game a great plot twist arises as you become the sole survivor. Hale is supported in battle by a bastion of nondescript british soldiers who ultimately become human target practice. In contrast his allies shine in a feisty british army captain who teams with Hale in many of the games missions but the real star is Rachel Parker. As british intelligence Rachel Parker narrates the entirety of the game as if she is telling a vaunted story. With a beautifully accented voice and convincing dialogue she also appears in many cutscenes and steals the show.The single player is paced well and comes in at a respectable ten plus hours with few huge boss fights but many mini boss fights. The combat is fast and aggressive and starkly different from Gears of War style fps's with much of the games cover at least semi destructable, and dont take cover behind cars for too long as they will eventually blow up. Surely Insomniac has influenced a generation of developers with the amazing weapon creativity and pure funness they are to weild with new deadlier and weirder guns which can only be found in multiple play throughs As well the game boasts a Ratchet e Clank type skill point system where you are rewarded for completing a variety of objectives from killing enemies with a certain gun to finding all 37 intel items to turning foes into meat cubes.It also includes a 12 gun weapon wheel letting you carry a small armory with you which is needless to say awsome considering just how cool these weapons are, and you will need them all as they are all unique.This game is not a typical WWII fps or a sterile Halo game, it has realism and truly interesting subject matter unlike the steriod infused fun but rather ungripping tale that is Gears of War. It is more interesting than Call of Duty and has a MUCH better gun arsenal than any of them. Besides one gun in Gears of War all other AAA FPS guns pale in comparison to most of the Resistance guns. If you claim to be a ps3 fan it should have been a day1 buy. The multiplayer is solid and lag free and supports great perks as well as on or offline coop. 9.75/10 for originality and interesting subject matter, great innovative guns, satisfying art direction, great voice acting, tight gun play, fun skill point system, replayability, and well conceived multiplayer. This game is timeless and will hold up in any generation congrats to Insomniac for flipping the script on us and crafting a great new IP and creating a new fascinating world of fiction. Expand
  26. Jul 20, 2014
    Resistance :FOM is a nice FPS, nothing more, nothing less. It contains cliches, and some of the levels are very repetitive, some interior elements are seen over and over, but its a good experience all-together.
  27. Sep 19, 2010
    Resistance Fall of Man (RES) is a good game, no doubt. Above all the features online are perfects, no track of lag or problem. If you play with your friends, RES will conquer you. But the campaign isn't so good as the online: the checkpoints are very very distant and the story doesn't appear so intriguing. But, all things considered, we are talking about a good game.
  28. Aug 27, 2011
    Graphics are ok but overall game seems repetitive. AI is a joke, not a great game I guess. Played just the demo though. However, I'll definitely sequel seems much better. Maybe I'll buy the special edition that comes with both games just in case, apparently multiplayer is awesome.... ya right!
  29. Oct 19, 2010
    Fantastic game. The single player creates a great story that gives you the sense you are fighting a war you cannot win. However, the game really earns this score due to it's expansive multiplayer. Very balanced gameplay with a large variety of great maps and fun weapons make the online a great experience.
  30. Sep 26, 2011
    Auger is the worst weapon idea ever created. Everything about this game (story, gameplay, graphics, sounds/music) felt dated and poorly done even for 2006.
  31. May 27, 2013
    This was the first FPS i ever played. At that time i found it amazing. I will now give a honest review. So it is pretty much a basic shooter. You have a gun and have to move forward and shoot every alien there is in your way. And then there is some special levels where you have to control a tank. Or other things. You get new guns with new special abilities and you can carry all the guns.This was the first FPS i ever played. At that time i found it amazing. I will now give a honest review. So it is pretty much a basic shooter. You have a gun and have to move forward and shoot every alien there is in your way. And then there is some special levels where you have to control a tank. Or other things. You get new guns with new special abilities and you can carry all the guns. The story is the standard the aliens are taking over the world story and the person you play as have a strange connection to them that we all know so well. So what makes me give it a 7 out of 10? Well, the atmosphere is very good. In the game there is some levels where you are alone. And the dark corridors and creepy music fits the game very well at those points of the game... Actually the music and the atmospher just fits the game in general. And the enemy variation is great. I loved and still love how there suddenly comes a new enemy out you've never seen before and have to kill. There was some awesome scary moments where some slow enemys could come up behind you and jump in your face. But i did also feel that there was to few if them. One of the things i loved most of the game was that there was a coop mode. So you could play the cool campaing with one of your friends. There is also a multiplayer mode but it is not really that good. It was just to out dated. But i did love playing vs mode with my friends. Pretty much multiplayer just only with you and your friends. Expand
  32. Aug 11, 2010
    Whilst it adds entirely nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics - what do you expect from a genre so unambiguously entitled 'FPS'? - the overriding notion of the impending desolation of Earth is as refreshing as the genuinely hopeless fight through a ruined United Kingdom. Bonus points for pissing off the Church of England with its Manchester Cathedral sceneWhilst it adds entirely nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics - what do you expect from a genre so unambiguously entitled 'FPS'? - the overriding notion of the impending desolation of Earth is as refreshing as the genuinely hopeless fight through a ruined United Kingdom. Bonus points for pissing off the Church of England with its Manchester Cathedral scene (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6736809.stm). Expand
  33. Dec 21, 2013
    I recently completed this game as of the end of 2013. Despite this being an old game, I had a lot of fun playing it. This series has the most unique weapons that are just fun to play with. The guns in other shooters are all the same, so this is a pleasant change of pace.

I really got into the whole universe created here.. I always enjoy a good alternate universe story. The story was a little hard to follow though, and the game dragged on longer than it probably should have. Those are my only gripes with the game though.. All other aspects are well done including graphics and sound. Overall I highly recommend.
  34. Aug 27, 2010
    It was a pretty generic game and felt pretty damn unpolished in terms of gameplay and mechanics. The story was pretty interesting and the campaign is pretty long, but the narrative made playing the game a painfully long experience. As mentioned, the gameplay is generic and very repetitive, compounded with the poor narrative makes the single player experience tolerable for about 3 hours. AsIt was a pretty generic game and felt pretty damn unpolished in terms of gameplay and mechanics. The story was pretty interesting and the campaign is pretty long, but the narrative made playing the game a painfully long experience. As mentioned, the gameplay is generic and very repetitive, compounded with the poor narrative makes the single player experience tolerable for about 3 hours. As for multiplayer, I had not played it, so I cannot comment on that. Expand
  35. Feb 10, 2013
    Short version: one of the greatest games of all time!

Long version: The alternate-history storyline was really good and imaginative, and the color palette really made me feel like I was in WW2-era Europe. The weapons were a great mix of realistic and over-the-top sci-fi, and great fun to shoot. The enemy designs were awesome, and the level design was greatly varied to keep things
    Short version: one of the greatest games of all time!

Long version:
    The alternate-history storyline was really good and imaginative, and the color palette really made me feel like I was in WW2-era Europe. The weapons were a great mix of realistic and over-the-top sci-fi, and great fun to shoot. The enemy designs were awesome, and the level design was greatly varied to keep things interesting: some were very battle-action-oriented, and others were more creepy and tense. Then the developers made a great game into a super-awesome game by including unlimited weapons, vehicle segments, health packs, split-screen co-op (rare these days), and 4-way split-screen multiplayer (ultra-rare). And the soundtrack is excellent and fits the game perfectly with its militaristic sci-fi vibe! This is the game that got me back into FPS gaming.
  36. Nov 13, 2012
    Pretty generic and can be a little frustrating at times but overall it's a pretty decent experience. Graphics shine when in and around chimera structures, otherwise, they can look pretty bland and ugly. Guns are the highlight of this game and enemy AI are surprisingly smart. At a 8$ price tag, i recommend it.
  37. BergF.
    Jan 3, 2007
    Best game ever play by far! Fun factor is amazingly strong! The graphics look so real!
  38. HatoraiH.
    Apr 5, 2007
    Best game graphics of the year, fun and inspiring gameplay with an exceptional insensitivity rate. Have never played a game this good before. GO BUY IT!
  39. LuizO.
    Jun 2, 2008
    The game is one of the best FPS games I've played (not many as I'm not a super fan of the genre), with an engaging story telling, mixing animation and great artwork. Voice acting is also great, specially Rachel Parker, a Captain he helps rescuing from the Chimera. Rachel follows Nathan over the radio during the hole game, giving him directions and tips of what to do. Here are my The game is one of the best FPS games I've played (not many as I'm not a super fan of the genre), with an engaging story telling, mixing animation and great artwork. Voice acting is also great, specially Rachel Parker, a Captain he helps rescuing from the Chimera. Rachel follows Nathan over the radio during the hole game, giving him directions and tips of what to do. Here are my scores: Graphics:8.0 The game looks gorgeous, I'd say it really shows the PS2 and the XBox are in an old generation of consoles, but it turns out that it is also far from using the full power of the PS3. The expressions on Nathan Hale's face are not really involving, for a guy who is going through some really had times, he lacks some personality in his expressions. The colors in the game are pale, giving it a gloomy feel that you would expect in a game picturing a war in England during the 50's, it really makes you feel like you are in seeing images from the past, just brilliant. The models for the weapons, the chimera, the vehicles, the buildings and the other environmental stuff are very well rendered and detailed, there is a part of the game where it is snowing, if you spin around, you will really get a very nice sense of relative movement. One thing that was really bad is that while playing, your character is not a fully rendered body, but just a gun and and a hand, you might be asking, how did I noticed that if the game is in first person, well try to find a corner than look all the way down, you will understand. Story: 9.0 This is the best part, because during the entire game they keep showing you bits and peaces of a whole, that you will still be unaware in the end of the game. This gives them a lot of ground to work on more titles that unfold the real background behind the chimera. Even though the animations of Hale look too plain and without feeling, it's Rachel who tells the story, with her very truthful British accent and emotion enough for you to forget about the rest. The story makes you want go through the game just to see how it will turn out and leaves you wanting to know the answers to a lot of questions. As this is a franchise, this is actually a good thing. Sound: 7.5 The battle field does sound like it should and the quiet areas to, what it does bad is that if you step slowly on a surface it will make the same noise as if you were jumping. While this is great to give you the scares if you are trying sneak in quiet scenarios, it detracts a lot from the realism you expect in the sound of today games. The surround sound works well, but it's just a good sounding game, not great, not superb, not perfect. Gameplay: 8.5 Fun, rewarding and fast paced. I am not super into FPS games, I'm more of a sneaking kind of guy, but in Resistance, I have to admit that I really enjoyed going berserk at the times the game forced me to. If you, on the other hand, love to go crazy shooting all that moves, you will love this game, specially because friendly fire is ON. The AI is great at times, the enemies will take cover when under fire and will attack you with grenades while you are under cover, but there are many times when you are able to shoot a chimera slowly to death without seeing any sort of reaction. Some chimera have different behavior, being more aggressive and visceral, trying to attack you no matter what, these are the best times to use your good and old shotgun. When playing coop, the game does some funny (weird) stuff, as it is check point triggered, when you hit a check point area, the game will force your buddy there by teleporting him there and as the campaign is the same as the single player, only in vertical split screen mode, the game totally ignores the other character, story wise, as if he never existed. Generally, if you are covered, you don't have to worry about enemies shooting at you, unless they guys are shooting with a weapon called Auger, which can go through anything. This really adds to the game play, forcing you take action instead of hiding when you have these kinds of enemies around. Sniping is just great, with special headshot animations and a special effect that I will not spoil here. There is also different animations when you kill them by shooting their legs, the effect is really good. One other problem I noticed, is that you cannot hold the grenade for a while to maximize the damage, but at the same time it was cool to see chimeras jumping away in order to scape my grenades. I wish Hale could do that too. There are lots of unlockables in the game which became available (you get a message on scree) when you accomplish certain things, too bad trophies are yet to come. Interactivity: 7.0 Yeah, I can play PS2 games where I go through vegetation or other things without it moving, but on the PS3... sorry guys, I want you to animate the environment, it could be a simple animation like the ones we had in Metal Gear Solid 3, but yes, I want the environment to interact with me, when I throw an RPG in a wall, it is ok with me if it doesn't collapse, but I need it to show some damage. I really hope to see a game where you can shoot a tree to make it fall over a house giving you an alternative way to access another area of the map without making the game a sandbox. Multiplayer: 7.5 The offline campaign is super fun to play with a friend, even though, as I already said, the game pretends Nathan's friend is not there, but the choice of making it Vertical splitscreen wasn't really for my taste, I know this is a compromise, either horizontal or vertical, you will end up loosing area, but I personally rather see my enemies than a little bit more of the sky. On the online part, it is a lot like Quake, you got a good variety of weapons, energy packs, ammo... and many guys to shoot but I have to tell you, I was destroyed in the matches I've participated, so it wasn't really fun for me. Expand
  40. BobM.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Simply the best FPS graphics in gaming history. Great gameplay and storyline!!!
  41. MathewD.
    Jan 4, 2007
    I give it an 9 because the map is hard to understand and along with the radar. The game was made where the alliens(or whatever they are) have fast speed and can see heat through walls as an advantage, and humans can see people on the radar on the map as an advantage over them, and they can also crouch. So can it be an advantage if you can not read the map very well. Other than that it was I give it an 9 because the map is hard to understand and along with the radar. The game was made where the alliens(or whatever they are) have fast speed and can see heat through walls as an advantage, and humans can see people on the radar on the map as an advantage over them, and they can also crouch. So can it be an advantage if you can not read the map very well. Other than that it was a very very good game, I would give it a 10 for graphics and storyline, and an 8 for the screen and player view (radar, map etc.). Expand
  42. KurtisH.
    Jan 7, 2007
    Great game. Nice story line and gameplay. I hate FPS's but this game rocks.
  43. BobJ.
    Feb 4, 2007
    People say that there is no reason to buy a PS3, cause there aren't any good games out. Well, this one game right here is all you need. I'm on my 3rd playthrough on the campaign, and I've played over 100 online games. Yet and every time I start it up, it still feels new. This IS the reason to get a PS3.
  44. JohnT.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Highly entertaining shooter with a strong multiplayer and co-op to boot. A long list of stylish weapons makes for some very action packed gameplay.
  45. JoshS.
    Mar 30, 2007
    I bought the game yesterday after general release of the PS3 a week ago. Despite already completing it, it leaves me aching for more, the content and the storyline is genius. You can keep on playing and playing and find new things out during the way. Even if the enemies were a bit repetitive and the graphics wre not the best and do not do the PS3 justice, it is the best game for the PS3 I bought the game yesterday after general release of the PS3 a week ago. Despite already completing it, it leaves me aching for more, the content and the storyline is genius. You can keep on playing and playing and find new things out during the way. Even if the enemies were a bit repetitive and the graphics wre not the best and do not do the PS3 justice, it is the best game for the PS3 at the moment. All who own a PS3, buy this game! Expand
  46. RodB.
    Mar 5, 2007
    This game has all the elements that make a great game and it avoids pitfalls that ruin many an otherwise good game. It has good sound effects with no annoying repetition; great graphics with interaction possible with many of the game elements; engaging plot that is well developed and tastefully narrated. If you like FPS games, you will like this one.
  47. AlanK.
    Dec 29, 2006
    The game itself has great graphics and an easy to use camera angle system; however, I found the game itself to be fairly easy to beat. In fact I was able to master the game in about 10 hours. The multi-player action on this game is also a little sub-par meaning that the map dose not indicate where your competition is located until you are in a close proximity; making it quite difficult The game itself has great graphics and an easy to use camera angle system; however, I found the game itself to be fairly easy to beat. In fact I was able to master the game in about 10 hours. The multi-player action on this game is also a little sub-par meaning that the map dose not indicate where your competition is located until you are in a close proximity; making it quite difficult for beginners to locate the competition. Expand
  48. MarcF.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Very very average game. by itself its a decent game, but when you match it up with other competing next gen games, it really isnt good at all. the graphics are okay, maybe on par with half life 2 which came out in 2003. no character development, horrible story, but ok its a shooter. however, some things are inexcusable for a next gen game. the enemy ai is completely retarded, and the game Very very average game. by itself its a decent game, but when you match it up with other competing next gen games, it really isnt good at all. the graphics are okay, maybe on par with half life 2 which came out in 2003. no character development, horrible story, but ok its a shooter. however, some things are inexcusable for a next gen game. the enemy ai is completely retarded, and the game is very repetitive. playstation 3 is really going down the tubes if this is the killer app. i see a lot of fanboys giving it a 10, but i really do not think it deserves anywhere near that score, even as a ps3 owner. you guys need to wake up and play the good games out there. get halo 3, gears of war, the orange box, graw 2, lost planet, oblivion, dead rising, crackdown, the outfit. try something original, this game is stale, and mutliplayer is lame. ok 40 players but it sucks. from personal experience, if youre a serious gamer looking to pick up a console, save your money and get a 360 cuz theres no good multiplayer gaems out on the ps3 yet. and the unified friends list / achievements across all games seal the deal. my 2 cents. Expand
  49. TerryJ.
    Dec 1, 2007
    Awesome campaign, graphics, story, and settings. Great to see co-op, 40 player online, and the online ranking system is nice. Very high replay value.
  50. BillG.
    Jan 3, 2007
    This game is the best thing I've ever played! Awesome graphics and gameplay. I like everything about it and thats why I give it a 10!
  51. Barry
    Oct 4, 2007
    Awesome. Great graphics (even better than Halo 3's and it's been out many more months) and the gameplay is sound.. multiplayer is a blast, probably the best the PS3 for a good few months.
  52. AdrianG.
    Feb 24, 2007
    Best game of 2007 without thought. I have played it for weeks and haven't gotten bored. Single Mode is a lot of fun trying to find the intel documents, and finishing hard and superhuman mode. On online, it is the best out of all games in history.
  53. Fboyguy
    Feb 7, 2007
    This game is a disgrace why because it tries to be like half life,gears of war,doom 3 and return to castle wolfenstein and fails terribly.The only reason sony put out this game is because they wanted to beat gears of war and the xbox 360 but the 360 has already beat theps3 in the console wars because of its technology and games,also this game is the only one exclusivly for the ps3 that isThis game is a disgrace why because it tries to be like half life,gears of war,doom 3 and return to castle wolfenstein and fails terribly.The only reason sony put out this game is because they wanted to beat gears of war and the xbox 360 but the 360 has already beat theps3 in the console wars because of its technology and games,also this game is the only one exclusivly for the ps3 that is getting good reviews but its not winning any awards ,Look at gears of war its won alot of awards game of the year,best action,and also best graphics but this game looks like it could be on the ps2.Overall dont buy the ps3 because of this game or metal gear solid 4 either because this game is coming out on the pc in march with the same graphics and the same gameplay and mgs4 is going to come out on the xbox 360 bout a year after it comes out on the ps3 and the xbox360 version will have extras on it so save some money and dont buy the ps3 and get a xbox 360 it has gears of war,oblivion,mass effect,fable2,and assasins creed which is also coming out on the ps3 but the xbox 360 version will be better.Trust me.DONT BUY A PS3! Expand
  54. Joe
    Feb 7, 2007
    The best fps ever and it was a launch title to top it all of, its so dark in atmosphere and yet so bright and enjoyable with the unique weapons that insomniac are notorious for, in lenght it will have you playing for days ... different levels in England are designed well and change in scenery so things dont seem samey lol, their are many different kinds of the chimeran race to fight, many The best fps ever and it was a launch title to top it all of, its so dark in atmosphere and yet so bright and enjoyable with the unique weapons that insomniac are notorious for, in lenght it will have you playing for days ... different levels in England are designed well and change in scenery so things dont seem samey lol, their are many different kinds of the chimeran race to fight, many vehicles and when moving with a team you feel so involved with the great sound coming from your squad aswell as the scary screams coming from your enemie as they jump from the ceiling making u **** ur pants, great game not to mention ALOT of fun online (40players !!) .... im gonna say it .... BEATS HALO IMO haha, one of the many reasons to get a ps3 and from day 1 it can be urz ! haha this is a true killer app. Expand
  55. Bear
    Mar 23, 2007
    Average, average, average. Does nothing to move this most stagnant of genres forwards. All the PlayStation worshiping casual gamers will think it's the second coming, but it really is lagging behind many of the big-name shooters we've seen over the past few years.
  56. LiboW.
    Mar 5, 2007
    My opinion may not do the ENTIRE game justice, but just playing it for 2 days at my friend's house, the game gave me a mediocre "another-one-of-those" FPS feelings (like how prey used innovative weapons and gravity but still fell short). The only reason I'm voting here is that, there's something very fishy about these grammatically correct, perfectly capitalized, My opinion may not do the ENTIRE game justice, but just playing it for 2 days at my friend's house, the game gave me a mediocre "another-one-of-those" FPS feelings (like how prey used innovative weapons and gravity but still fell short). The only reason I'm voting here is that, there's something very fishy about these grammatically correct, perfectly capitalized, back-of-the-box descriptive "reviews". Smells of SCEA.... Expand
  57. Timski
    Apr 2, 2007
    Look, Xbox360 is old news. This game kicks ass on a machine that doesn't sound like a hoover when running. Live with it.
  58. MarkK.
    Apr 29, 2007
    A truly engaging game, driven with quite a well narrated story. While I thought Gears of War was better all-round, Resistance outshone it in the narrative and did a good job of establishing an identity that hopefully will develop with a sequel. Recommended wholeheartedly.
  59. TreyM.
    Apr 3, 2007
    If your rating this against Halo then your being a biased fanbou/girl. This game is not Halo, it is not Half-Life and it is not Call of Duty. It borrows elements from all of the games and makes one amazing game. The narration was compelling and the graphics were stunning. The end left ou wanting more and left you KNOWING you would get more. Multiplayer mode was also very entertaining, If your rating this against Halo then your being a biased fanbou/girl. This game is not Halo, it is not Half-Life and it is not Call of Duty. It borrows elements from all of the games and makes one amazing game. The narration was compelling and the graphics were stunning. The end left ou wanting more and left you KNOWING you would get more. Multiplayer mode was also very entertaining, though it could use more open maps. The weapons were my favorite aspect of the game, each one making you think of a strategy! Get this game PS3 owners. The End. Expand
  60. DarylL.
    May 11, 2007
    Graphically its certainly impressive, a great launch title for the PS3 to boast the technical capabilities we can expect to see in the future. The co-op mode in particular is great fun, along with Internet play options gives Resistance that extra longevity. Its not a groundbreaking game as theres something missing to distinguish itself from the vast competition of FPS games available at Graphically its certainly impressive, a great launch title for the PS3 to boast the technical capabilities we can expect to see in the future. The co-op mode in particular is great fun, along with Internet play options gives Resistance that extra longevity. Its not a groundbreaking game as theres something missing to distinguish itself from the vast competition of FPS games available at the moment. This leaves the single player with a sense of 'seen it all before' thus is unlikely to give anyone any great incentive to do it all over again. You do get to unlock you weapons when completed but personally i think its more fun using them against humans on the net rather than going through that game again. Having said that its still a top game, with the restricted choice of games out on the PS3 at the moment this is probably the must buy for any action seeker. Expand
  61. DanB
    May 3, 2007
    This is way more enjoyable (and varied) than say, Gears of Bore or Halo 2. Some of the graphics are superb and multiplayer is awesome. The PS3 is running this without breaking a sweat too!! Consider that its a launch title (think the forgettable Perfect Dark Z) and imagine what Resistance 2 is going to be like.......buy this now.........
  62. Dan
    May 6, 2007
    I think this is a great launch game for the ps3. It is a solid FPS and boasts crisp graphics and a compelling storyline. Even on a standard TV, the game is beautifully realised with some excellent attention to detail. The levels are generally well planned and the AI, whilst not exceptional, will offer even the most experienced of a gamers a run for their money. All this, coupled with a I think this is a great launch game for the ps3. It is a solid FPS and boasts crisp graphics and a compelling storyline. Even on a standard TV, the game is beautifully realised with some excellent attention to detail. The levels are generally well planned and the AI, whilst not exceptional, will offer even the most experienced of a gamers a run for their money. All this, coupled with a very efficient online mode represent very good value. Well done Insomnia, it will be interesting to see what happens next on this platform as the programmers tap into the power of PS3. Sony were right to delay the launch of their console rather than rush to the production lines like Microsoft. Liittle wonder that, Microsoft are already working on an upgraded 360 system. Expand
  63. ScottH.
    Jun 1, 2007
    The game is a excellent games and is awsome online.
  64. AnonymousMC
    Jul 10, 2007
    For a first generation game on the next generation console system, this game really finds its niche. Great multiplayer options really makes this game shine. My only problem is that the campaign never really surprises you. If you are used to playing FPS's, especially great ones like Half-Life, then you will be expecting ambushes around every corner. Unfortunatly, the most surprisingFor a first generation game on the next generation console system, this game really finds its niche. Great multiplayer options really makes this game shine. My only problem is that the campaign never really surprises you. If you are used to playing FPS's, especially great ones like Half-Life, then you will be expecting ambushes around every corner. Unfortunatly, the most surprising moments are when you actually fight a harder enemy. Again, unfortunatly, you end up fighting that monster the next level. What makes this game good, however, is the weapons. Every weapon feels unique and well thought out. With great checks and balances, along with creative secondary fires, it's hard to figure out why the carbine seems to be the best weapon to use...And why the story line is in 1951.

Positives: Great weapon system, narration, and multiplayer.
    Negatives: Mediocre incorporation of weapons in the campaign, lackluster differences in enemies, and the lack of surprises
    Overall: A great fix for people wanting an FPS on their PS3. The campaign is enjoyable, but leaves something to be desired. The multiplayer picks up what the campaign left out.
    Bottom Line: If you have a PS3 and enjoy FPS's, then buy this game. You won't be dissapointed.
  65. SeanT.
    Jul 4, 2007
    The best on-line multiplayer game. Excellent single player and cooperative storyline. Good graphics and fast paced action.
  66. IgorK.
    Aug 24, 2007
    This game is great! Me and my friend are still playing in cooperative mode and we can't stop. Only lack of electricity will make us to stop playing it! Developer did a good work.
  67. DensyD.
    Sep 11, 2007
    What a great game! I've avoided first person shooters since Quake 2 ate up my sophomore year of college, so I bought this game with trepedation... and have been absolutely enthralled with it! What fun! True, I've played on easy - and had a fun time - but it's a marvelous game, with beautiful graphics. I've jumped and dodged around my living room while playing due to What a great game! I've avoided first person shooters since Quake 2 ate up my sophomore year of college, so I bought this game with trepedation... and have been absolutely enthralled with it! What fun! True, I've played on easy - and had a fun time - but it's a marvelous game, with beautiful graphics. I've jumped and dodged around my living room while playing due to the excitement of the scenes! The online play is WAY too cool, also.!!!! Expand
  68. AaroS.
    Jan 3, 2008
    The second best PS3 game ever (Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction FTW). It has everthing that awesome game needs and you want to play this game more, more and more. the online game is awesome as well as the campaing mode which has exellent story. Insomniac Games gives you super cool weapons that you'll love to use! 40 players online matches are just FANTASTIC! You got an The second best PS3 game ever (Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction FTW). It has everthing that awesome game needs and you want to play this game more, more and more. the online game is awesome as well as the campaing mode which has exellent story. Insomniac Games gives you super cool weapons that you'll love to use! 40 players online matches are just FANTASTIC! You got an awesome ranking system and many patches will make your play time even better. There are also two different map-packs which you can buy easily. This is the game that deserves 10 out of 10! Expand
  69. AaronB.
    Oct 8, 2008
    Wow!!! an amazing experience! this game contains so much action! though this game reminds me of war of the worlds movie. the online of this game is epic !!! this game is a must have for all ps3 users just one amazing experience!!!
  70. ZackaryS.
    Oct 9, 2008
    This game is the reason i bought a PS3 and i was not disappointed. its a very good game its in my top 15 fav the only thing thats i don't like is some of the online components but its still a very strong excellent titles.
  71. ChrisL.
    Feb 11, 2008
    It is a brilliant game, it is fun and the gun selection is great because you can use the chimeran guns as well. I hope the new game Resistance 2 will be just as good.
  72. MontyG.
    Feb 3, 2008
    A complete package of a game. Solid single player with a surprisingly effective narrative structure, and addictive multiplayer that steps in as the 'halo' for PS3.
  73. TonyM
    Mar 18, 2008
    The game is not worth getting, the graphics are alright and so is the plot but the AI is so dumb that it is an insult calling them AI, the flashlight is quite annoying and there is a massive similarity with Half Life 2, Gears of war, Quake 4 and Doom 3(which are all way better than this). The multiplayer is quite bad with really random maps with pointless designs
  74. danieln.
    Jun 13, 2008
    The graphic are quite good but not superb which for me is the only reason this game doesn't get 10 out of 10. The storying line has quite a few twists and is quite detailed. The storyline is also a breath of fresh air, this game is superb considering that this is a release title and this game won't be topped for a while
  75. JoeH.
    Jul 31, 2008
    Clearly a launch title, this is a little lacking in the graphics department. The game play is a little repetitive in places all though there are also some really quite inventive and fun parts. The real niggle though is changing weapons (very poorly implemented) and the choice of weapons. Sure there are quite a lot of weapons but I've only really used about 4 or 5 of them, the rest Clearly a launch title, this is a little lacking in the graphics department. The game play is a little repetitive in places all though there are also some really quite inventive and fun parts. The real niggle though is changing weapons (very poorly implemented) and the choice of weapons. Sure there are quite a lot of weapons but I've only really used about 4 or 5 of them, the rest are rather pointless. Those giving this game a 0, 1 and 10 have ulterior motives, for me it Expand
  76. Notafanboy
    Jul 9, 2008
    This game reminds me of Halo 3. Yes, it's fun to play and is good, but was overhyped to the max and doesn't bring anything new to the FPS genre. Just like Halo, if it weren't as hyped up as it was, it would be in the middle of the FPS ladder. Somewhat disappointing.
  77. JoeT.
    Mar 8, 2009
    This game is perfect. A little humor, a few explosions. I can only think of one other thing it could use but thats not appropriate for all ages. Addictive would be an understatement.
  78. TerranceC.
    Nov 12, 2006
    What can I say? Its an extremely polished experience from start to finish. Totally engrossing.
  79. ACE5
    Nov 17, 2006
    "Is this it...is this the best you could conjure up, Sarumann...er... Sony!" This was an action packed game all the way through, but for some reason I felt like I was playing a altered and updated version of serious sam. But overall still a good game.
    Nov 19, 2006
    Amazing graphics, amazing gameplay. What more could you want? This is simply one of the best console first person shooters I've played. Awesome game.
  81. RoyD.
    Nov 21, 2006
    I played this game with a Japanese import (no ps3's available in aus just yet) and seriously it was the best of all five games that came with it in the mail. It wasn't just better, it was undenaibly better. I also have an xbox and as a devoted halo 2 player (came second in the australia wide tournament) i am already starting to think that this game is better then halo. And I played this game with a Japanese import (no ps3's available in aus just yet) and seriously it was the best of all five games that came with it in the mail. It wasn't just better, it was undenaibly better. I also have an xbox and as a devoted halo 2 player (came second in the australia wide tournament) i am already starting to think that this game is better then halo. And i've only played it one time through. Well done insomniac on creating the rare b ut very much enjoyabloe killer app. Expand
  82. PeterW.
    Nov 20, 2006
    The graphics are mediocre at best and the game play was not very interesting.
  83. SonnyC.
    Dec 11, 2006
    This game is completely awesome! The replay value is great. I love how you are encouraged to play the game again by getting a new arsenal of cool weapons. The character AI is splendid. The physics are the best I've seen in any console game (OMG the ragdolls!). The story is awesome and it leaves me hoping they make a sequel (the story seems open ended enough to allow for one.) For the This game is completely awesome! The replay value is great. I love how you are encouraged to play the game again by getting a new arsenal of cool weapons. The character AI is splendid. The physics are the best I've seen in any console game (OMG the ragdolls!). The story is awesome and it leaves me hoping they make a sequel (the story seems open ended enough to allow for one.) For the people that gave this game low scores: Did you even play the game or did you watch YouTube videos to come up with your verdict? Or... Did you decide to give a low rating because you hate Sony. Thanks for your immature "opinion". Insomniac: Great Job. Just like the Ratchet series, you've managed to pull the sort of masterpiece that you have a distint history of doing. Congratulations on a job well done. The graphics in some of the later levels... OMG.. Expand
  84. JohnC.
    Dec 21, 2006
    Well, well, a tru next-generation game - NOT! Lame, basic FPS and short, too short!!! Is The awsome media format - the Blu-Ray - needed for a game of this extent ???
    And Sony fanatics, don't really have much shame anymore, saying that the game uses only 1% of the machine ??? NExt time they'll be sayng one doesn't need to turn on the power...
    Shesh...!
  85. DaveB.
    Dec 3, 2006
    I'm generally a Noob when it comes to first-person shooters, So I didn't really know what to expect from it. I have to say I was impressed with the smoothness of movement, the visuals, and the controls.
  86. ChaseR.
    Dec 6, 2006
    I am not to sure about what the nay sayers are talking about. The attention to detail regarding graphics, smoothness of motion and effects, AI's ((Hard Mode)), and the feel of this game are great. Especially the graphics! ((If you don't agree you need to get a high def TV obviously)) Its almost like watching a movie during game play. It can give a actual challenge on campaign I am not to sure about what the nay sayers are talking about. The attention to detail regarding graphics, smoothness of motion and effects, AI's ((Hard Mode)), and the feel of this game are great. Especially the graphics! ((If you don't agree you need to get a high def TV obviously)) Its almost like watching a movie during game play. It can give a actual challenge on campaign mode to even the better gamers. Last but not least the online gaming is great also. Fast pace run and gun action with all the fun details that only Resistance offers. BTW> Blue Ray is the future! This game literally takes nothing out of the processing power of the PS3! 360 is nothing....... Expand
  87. IndiS.
    Nov 2, 2007
    Insomniac games made another game that looks awesome such as the storyline, co-operative, multiplayer, online, clan, medals and finally skill points but there's still more. Plus there's updates for Resistance: Fall of Man when you play online to make a little improvement but it will come in future or game items from the PlayStation store if there are any. If your not sure about Insomniac games made another game that looks awesome such as the storyline, co-operative, multiplayer, online, clan, medals and finally skill points but there's still more. Plus there's updates for Resistance: Fall of Man when you play online to make a little improvement but it will come in future or game items from the PlayStation store if there are any. If your not sure about this game download the demo from the PlayStation store and see how you feel about this game. Expand
  88. DavidK.
    Nov 29, 2007
    Its obvious that from the list of games we were given to try from Marc.F thats hes a Xbox fan"BOY" that aside i agree that this game is not great, but i also beliave that, the games story is excellent i just think that they executed the story soo badly, and i feel the solo campaing is not worth it, if you get it GET online. which in my opinion, is much like Halo 1,2, and 3, they are PANTS Its obvious that from the list of games we were given to try from Marc.F thats hes a Xbox fan"BOY" that aside i agree that this game is not great, but i also beliave that, the games story is excellent i just think that they executed the story soo badly, and i feel the solo campaing is not worth it, if you get it GET online. which in my opinion, is much like Halo 1,2, and 3, they are PANTS unless online. so i gave this game an 8, graphics.....you probably wont even give a wow, as they are lacking in finer details, Solo campaingn. ok but not worth it unless you have online. ONline = really good fun, one great online game, still not the best though. Expand
  89. J.K.
    Nov 7, 2007
    This game has the best co-op mode I have seen.
  90. JacoboT.
    Dec 18, 2007
    This game is horrible. Nothing makes it stand out. It pales in comparison to most FPS's. Its graphics are nothing special. this is a reason not to buy a PS3, Gears of War is much better than Resistance: Fall of Man, graphicly and 150% gameplay. I expected more from this game, but it sucked, not even worth renting.
  91. SamH.
    Dec 23, 2007
    I was extremely sad when i got home after paying £45!!!! for this peice of junk. it was truely awful and i hated every moment. the graphics are very ordinary and the art is dull , even on my 1080p 40 inch samsung. most people who think this game is good should play gears of war or halo 3 , they make this shooter seem so ordinary in all ways possible.
  92. J
    Dec 4, 2007
    This is by far one of the best games I have ever played. The story line is awesome and the weapons are too. I've played a lot of FPS's including Doom and the Halo series, and nothing else even comes close. If you own a PS3, you need to get this game!
  93. StevenM.
    Jan 27, 2007
    This game is a decent FPS. It brings absolutely nothing new to the table though. The story is pretty lame, the guns are cool but un-balanced, and the multiplayer is a bit too frantic for 40 people. Plus, the PS3 controller is terrible for shooters. The lack of rumble and poor placement of the analog sticks really detract from the gameplay. Playing this game with a keyboard and mouse, or This game is a decent FPS. It brings absolutely nothing new to the table though. The story is pretty lame, the guns are cool but un-balanced, and the multiplayer is a bit too frantic for 40 people. Plus, the PS3 controller is terrible for shooters. The lack of rumble and poor placement of the analog sticks really detract from the gameplay. Playing this game with a keyboard and mouse, or even the 360 controller probably would've made a huge difference. The graphics are nothing to get excited about. Actually, if you are expecting to be blown away, you are going to be very disappointed. I showed this to my brother and he actually chuckled and said "You paid over 600 dollars for THAT?" It's not terrible, but it won't knock your socks off either. It's not a top of the line shooter like Half Life 2, Halo, or Doom 3, but it's close. Expand
  94. M
    Oct 27, 2007
    Great gameplay but the story lets it down. Yet again the world is in trouble and America has to save everyone else! The player can't even choose to play as a Brit, even though we're supposed to be fighting side by side with the Americans. And I wonder whose great idea it was to feature Manchester Cathedral... But apart from that it's worthy of a 7/10.
  95. SonytheGreatBetrayer
    Jan 6, 2007
    All my frined went out and payed a butt load on the PS3. I've played this game a lot, and I've had time to think. Not at all the "must have" title for a PS3. In fact a PS3 isn't a "must have" right now. The Wii's just fun and 360 has Gears, Ranbow 6 LV, and more. Buy a Wii or a 360.
  96. MorganC.
    Jan 7, 2007
    This is, by a long shot, the best shooter I have ever played. Outshines either Halo by a great deal, for those who compare the two.
  97. ChuckieA.
    Feb 14, 2007
    I recently finished the entire game & felt very Satisfied to what it had to offer, then i tried the online play. WOW!!! Incredible!! I could not tell you how amazing it is to play against 40 other players at once, you have to see for yourself.
  98. Chris
    Feb 18, 2007
    Looks really nice, but it doesn't draw me in. I find myself losing interest in it after only having it for a week.
  99. JoshuaS.
    Feb 7, 2007
    This next-gen shooter really has improved my outlook on the FPS genre. Although it comes as one of very few choices for this console the sheer power of the graphics of this game as well as the unique spin on the very overplayed WW2-ERA shooters really boosted the ratings. With the addition of game updates, integrated online play, and a ranking system I believe this is one of the best This next-gen shooter really has improved my outlook on the FPS genre. Although it comes as one of very few choices for this console the sheer power of the graphics of this game as well as the unique spin on the very overplayed WW2-ERA shooters really boosted the ratings. With the addition of game updates, integrated online play, and a ranking system I believe this is one of the best shooter games you'll find, to rival Gears of War. Expand
  100. Jitty
    Mar 12, 2007
    I've been playing this game for weeks and I beat the game on medium and am working on hard. And I'd have to say that this game is... very fun, isn't revolutionary but it doesn't need to be. It's a fun, solid shooter. And I would recommend it to almost anyone who is willing to try it with an open mind. I give it a 9.0 because some of the textures weren't good I've been playing this game for weeks and I beat the game on medium and am working on hard. And I'd have to say that this game is... very fun, isn't revolutionary but it doesn't need to be. It's a fun, solid shooter. And I would recommend it to almost anyone who is willing to try it with an open mind. I give it a 9.0 because some of the textures weren't good and because yes, it wasn't revolutionary. Expand
  101. Sep 29, 2013

From start to finish, Fall of Man is one hell of an outstanding roller coaster ride that every last PS3 owner needs for day one...Above all else, it's the multiplayer elements that truly ascend this one to the next level. It's a must have for sure.
  2. When you kill an enemy it doesn't disappear and when you blow up part of the near fully destructible environments the pieces don't go away either. The obvious power of the PS3 and the masterful coding work of the developers let everything stay on screen all the time while never taking a frame hit. This is an incredible accomplishment for a launch game on any system. [JPN Import]
    Resistance falls a little short of being the hoped-for "Halo-killer," but with a package that would be considered complete by any standards, it delivers a launch classic, and it lives up to its billing as the PS3's killer app.