• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2006
8.1

1. LuizO.
    Jun 2, 2008
    The game is one of the best FPS games I've played (not many as I'm not a super fan of the genre), with an engaging story telling, mixing animation and great artwork. Voice acting is also great, specially Rachel Parker, a Captain he helps rescuing from the Chimera. Rachel follows Nathan over the radio during the hole game, giving him directions and tips of what to do. Here are my The game is one of the best FPS games I've played (not many as I'm not a super fan of the genre), with an engaging story telling, mixing animation and great artwork. Voice acting is also great, specially Rachel Parker, a Captain he helps rescuing from the Chimera. Rachel follows Nathan over the radio during the hole game, giving him directions and tips of what to do. Here are my scores: Graphics:8.0 The game looks gorgeous, I'd say it really shows the PS2 and the XBox are in an old generation of consoles, but it turns out that it is also far from using the full power of the PS3. The expressions on Nathan Hale's face are not really involving, for a guy who is going through some really had times, he lacks some personality in his expressions. The colors in the game are pale, giving it a gloomy feel that you would expect in a game picturing a war in England during the 50's, it really makes you feel like you are in seeing images from the past, just brilliant. The models for the weapons, the chimera, the vehicles, the buildings and the other environmental stuff are very well rendered and detailed, there is a part of the game where it is snowing, if you spin around, you will really get a very nice sense of relative movement. One thing that was really bad is that while playing, your character is not a fully rendered body, but just a gun and and a hand, you might be asking, how did I noticed that if the game is in first person, well try to find a corner than look all the way down, you will understand. Story: 9.0 This is the best part, because during the entire game they keep showing you bits and peaces of a whole, that you will still be unaware in the end of the game. This gives them a lot of ground to work on more titles that unfold the real background behind the chimera. Even though the animations of Hale look too plain and without feeling, it's Rachel who tells the story, with her very truthful British accent and emotion enough for you to forget about the rest. The story makes you want go through the game just to see how it will turn out and leaves you wanting to know the answers to a lot of questions. As this is a franchise, this is actually a good thing. Sound: 7.5 The battle field does sound like it should and the quiet areas to, what it does bad is that if you step slowly on a surface it will make the same noise as if you were jumping. While this is great to give you the scares if you are trying sneak in quiet scenarios, it detracts a lot from the realism you expect in the sound of today games. The surround sound works well, but it's just a good sounding game, not great, not superb, not perfect. Gameplay: 8.5 Fun, rewarding and fast paced. I am not super into FPS games, I'm more of a sneaking kind of guy, but in Resistance, I have to admit that I really enjoyed going berserk at the times the game forced me to. If you, on the other hand, love to go crazy shooting all that moves, you will love this game, specially because friendly fire is ON. The AI is great at times, the enemies will take cover when under fire and will attack you with grenades while you are under cover, but there are many times when you are able to shoot a chimera slowly to death without seeing any sort of reaction. Some chimera have different behavior, being more aggressive and visceral, trying to attack you no matter what, these are the best times to use your good and old shotgun. When playing coop, the game does some funny (weird) stuff, as it is check point triggered, when you hit a check point area, the game will force your buddy there by teleporting him there and as the campaign is the same as the single player, only in vertical split screen mode, the game totally ignores the other character, story wise, as if he never existed. Generally, if you are covered, you don't have to worry about enemies shooting at you, unless they guys are shooting with a weapon called Auger, which can go through anything. This really adds to the game play, forcing you take action instead of hiding when you have these kinds of enemies around. Sniping is just great, with special headshot animations and a special effect that I will not spoil here. There is also different animations when you kill them by shooting their legs, the effect is really good. One other problem I noticed, is that you cannot hold the grenade for a while to maximize the damage, but at the same time it was cool to see chimeras jumping away in order to scape my grenades. I wish Hale could do that too. There are lots of unlockables in the game which became available (you get a message on scree) when you accomplish certain things, too bad trophies are yet to come. Interactivity: 7.0 Yeah, I can play PS2 games where I go through vegetation or other things without it moving, but on the PS3... sorry guys, I want you to animate the environment, it could be a simple animation like the ones we had in Metal Gear Solid 3, but yes, I want the environment to interact with me, when I throw an RPG in a wall, it is ok with me if it doesn't collapse, but I need it to show some damage. I really hope to see a game where you can shoot a tree to make it fall over a house giving you an alternative way to access another area of the map without making the game a sandbox. Multiplayer: 7.5 The offline campaign is super fun to play with a friend, even though, as I already said, the game pretends Nathan's friend is not there, but the choice of making it Vertical splitscreen wasn't really for my taste, I know this is a compromise, either horizontal or vertical, you will end up loosing area, but I personally rather see my enemies than a little bit more of the sky. On the online part, it is a lot like Quake, you got a good variety of weapons, energy packs, ammo... and many guys to shoot but I have to tell you, I was destroyed in the matches I've participated, so it wasn't really fun for me. Expand
  2. IndiS.
    Nov 2, 2007
    Insomniac games made another game that looks awesome such as the storyline, co-operative, multiplayer, online, clan, medals and finally skill points but there's still more. Plus there's updates for Resistance: Fall of Man when you play online to make a little improvement but it will come in future or game items from the PlayStation store if there are any. If your not sure about Insomniac games made another game that looks awesome such as the storyline, co-operative, multiplayer, online, clan, medals and finally skill points but there's still more. Plus there's updates for Resistance: Fall of Man when you play online to make a little improvement but it will come in future or game items from the PlayStation store if there are any. If your not sure about this game download the demo from the PlayStation store and see how you feel about this game. Expand
  3. MarkK.
    Apr 29, 2007
    A truly engaging game, driven with quite a well narrated story. While I thought Gears of War was better all-round, Resistance outshone it in the narrative and did a good job of establishing an identity that hopefully will develop with a sequel. Recommended wholeheartedly.
  4. DanB
    May 3, 2007
    This is way more enjoyable (and varied) than say, Gears of Bore or Halo 2. Some of the graphics are superb and multiplayer is awesome. The PS3 is running this without breaking a sweat too!! Consider that its a launch title (think the forgettable Perfect Dark Z) and imagine what Resistance 2 is going to be like.......buy this now.........
  5. VersemS.
    Jun 26, 2007
    This game was the beginning step to the rise of the Playstation 3 with good graphics and story. It had great level design and the Chimeran weapons are quite creative. The use of the SIXAXIS is pretty exciting when an enemy jumps onto you. The online multiplayer supports up to 40 players while offline you have 4 which is really fun with some friends. Resistance: Fall of Man is a great FPS This game was the beginning step to the rise of the Playstation 3 with good graphics and story. It had great level design and the Chimeran weapons are quite creative. The use of the SIXAXIS is pretty exciting when an enemy jumps onto you. The online multiplayer supports up to 40 players while offline you have 4 which is really fun with some friends. Resistance: Fall of Man is a great FPS and once you begin you can find yourself playing for hours. Expand
  6. Jul 10, 2011
    In my fun factor, Resistance is like a rival for Gears of War, i had fun but not blown away. The story is nice, the arsenal weapons are in a large scale. Strong title for the PS3 and also the Halo for the PS3, i;m happy that Sony created a good rival.
  7. Jan 26, 2012
    This game is definitely one of the best fps games I've ever played. Right up there with Halo,Bioshock,Doom, and Medal of honor witch are my favorite fps franchises. Resistance has a huge place in history. Despite graphics not at its best. It was a great game.
  8. JoeT.
    Mar 8, 2009
    This game is perfect. A little humor, a few explosions. I can only think of one other thing it could use but thats not appropriate for all ages. Addictive would be an understatement.
  9. Timski
    Apr 2, 2007
    Look, Xbox360 is old news. This game kicks ass on a machine that doesn't sound like a hoover when running. Live with it.
  10. ChuckieA.
    Feb 14, 2007
    I recently finished the entire game & felt very Satisfied to what it had to offer, then i tried the online play. WOW!!! Incredible!! I could not tell you how amazing it is to play against 40 other players at once, you have to see for yourself.
  11. Jun 9, 2013
    As no surprise developer Insomniac games crafted a flawless shooter incorporating an immersive world, tight and satisfying gunplay, exceptional writing, top notch voice acting, and enough creative weaponry to make Charlton Heston jealous. However, what does come as a surprise is that this game does not include Ratchet or a lovable robot sidekick named Clank nor does it support a lavishlyAs no surprise developer Insomniac games crafted a flawless shooter incorporating an immersive world, tight and satisfying gunplay, exceptional writing, top notch voice acting, and enough creative weaponry to make Charlton Heston jealous. However, what does come as a surprise is that this game does not include Ratchet or a lovable robot sidekick named Clank nor does it support a lavishly comedic and cartoony overworld. This game is Resistance Fall of Man and it kicks serious human/alien hybrid butt! Hats off to Insomniac for having the versatility and skill to step outside their comfort zone of colorful characters and sarcastic one liners set in an E rated third person world to go with something a little more dark, a little more adult. In terms of setting and characters Resistance is the antithesis of Ratchet and Clank, it is a gloomy albeit spectacular setting splashed with a fittingly washed out color pallet of grey and greyer. The world is beautifully ugly with its war torn colorless version of alternate history WWII England. The art direction while mired by some wonderfully depicts the bleak desperateness of war with crumbling buildings, dilapidated 1940's cars lining the streets, and vicious alien hybrids snarling about. Yes, a wonderfully rendered and possibly the best alternate history WWII setting ever created. With a frighteningly scary and ferocious antagonist dubbed (the Chimera) an alien/human hybrid originating from a virus within the walls of a fictional Russia finally breaking out after a ten year incubation period and deadset on devouring europe. These fierce enemies are daunting and numerous while physically imposing they stand seven feet tall with claws and razor sharp teeth, all this with the adeptness to accurately shoot superior weaponry, organize, and sometimes even out think their opponents. The Chimera shine as an all time foe with advanced AI and a varied attack from flanking to simply rushing the opponent with the ferocity of an angry, drunken ex husband. These killing machines come in many different sub species each designed to excel in different areas offering a multitude of ways to kill you. You are the protagonist American soldier and soon to be legend Nathan Hale and you are a badass. Hale is a great character though a little stiff and lacking emotion those are likely traits one would need to survive in that hell. Early into the game a great plot twist arises as you become the sole survivor. Hale is supported in battle by a bastion of nondescript british soldiers who ultimately become human target practice. In contrast his allies shine in a feisty british army captain who teams with Hale in many of the games missions but the real star is Rachel Parker. As british intelligence Rachel Parker narrates the entirety of the game as if she is telling a vaunted story. With a beautifully accented voice and convincing dialogue she also appears in many cutscenes and steals the show.The single player is paced well and comes in at a respectable ten plus hours with few huge boss fights but many mini boss fights. The combat is fast and aggressive and starkly different from Gears of War style fps's with much of the games cover at least semi destructable, and dont take cover behind cars for too long as they will eventually blow up. Surely Insomniac has influenced a generation of developers with the amazing weapon creativity and pure funness they are to weild with new deadlier and weirder guns which can only be found in multiple play throughs As well the game boasts a Ratchet e Clank type skill point system where you are rewarded for completing a variety of objectives from killing enemies with a certain gun to finding all 37 intel items to turning foes into meat cubes.It also includes a 12 gun weapon wheel letting you carry a small armory with you which is needless to say awsome considering just how cool these weapons are, and you will need them all as they are all unique.This game is not a typical WWII fps or a sterile Halo game, it has realism and truly interesting subject matter unlike the steriod infused fun but rather ungripping tale that is Gears of War. It is more interesting than Call of Duty and has a MUCH better gun arsenal than any of them. Besides one gun in Gears of War all other AAA FPS guns pale in comparison to most of the Resistance guns. If you claim to be a ps3 fan it should have been a day1 buy. The multiplayer is solid and lag free and supports great perks as well as on or offline coop. 9.75/10 for originality and interesting subject matter, great innovative guns, satisfying art direction, great voice acting, tight gun play, fun skill point system, replayability, and well conceived multiplayer. This game is timeless and will hold up in any generation congrats to Insomniac for flipping the script on us and crafting a great new IP and creating a new fascinating world of fiction. Expand
  12. BergF.
    Jan 3, 2007
    Best game ever play by far! Fun factor is amazingly strong! The graphics look so real!
  13. HatoraiH.
    Apr 5, 2007
    Best game graphics of the year, fun and inspiring gameplay with an exceptional insensitivity rate. Have never played a game this good before. GO BUY IT!
  14. BobM.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Simply the best FPS graphics in gaming history. Great gameplay and storyline!!!
  15. MathewD.
    Jan 4, 2007
    I give it an 9 because the map is hard to understand and along with the radar. The game was made where the alliens(or whatever they are) have fast speed and can see heat through walls as an advantage, and humans can see people on the radar on the map as an advantage over them, and they can also crouch. So can it be an advantage if you can not read the map very well. Other than that it was I give it an 9 because the map is hard to understand and along with the radar. The game was made where the alliens(or whatever they are) have fast speed and can see heat through walls as an advantage, and humans can see people on the radar on the map as an advantage over them, and they can also crouch. So can it be an advantage if you can not read the map very well. Other than that it was a very very good game, I would give it a 10 for graphics and storyline, and an 8 for the screen and player view (radar, map etc.). Expand
  16. KurtisH.
    Jan 7, 2007
    Great game. Nice story line and gameplay. I hate FPS's but this game rocks.
  17. BobJ.
    Feb 4, 2007
    People say that there is no reason to buy a PS3, cause there aren't any good games out. Well, this one game right here is all you need. I'm on my 3rd playthrough on the campaign, and I've played over 100 online games. Yet and every time I start it up, it still feels new. This IS the reason to get a PS3.
  18. JohnT.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Highly entertaining shooter with a strong multiplayer and co-op to boot. A long list of stylish weapons makes for some very action packed gameplay.
  19. JoshS.
    Mar 30, 2007
    I bought the game yesterday after general release of the PS3 a week ago. Despite already completing it, it leaves me aching for more, the content and the storyline is genius. You can keep on playing and playing and find new things out during the way. Even if the enemies were a bit repetitive and the graphics wre not the best and do not do the PS3 justice, it is the best game for the PS3 I bought the game yesterday after general release of the PS3 a week ago. Despite already completing it, it leaves me aching for more, the content and the storyline is genius. You can keep on playing and playing and find new things out during the way. Even if the enemies were a bit repetitive and the graphics wre not the best and do not do the PS3 justice, it is the best game for the PS3 at the moment. All who own a PS3, buy this game! Expand
  20. RodB.
    Mar 5, 2007
    This game has all the elements that make a great game and it avoids pitfalls that ruin many an otherwise good game. It has good sound effects with no annoying repetition; great graphics with interaction possible with many of the game elements; engaging plot that is well developed and tastefully narrated. If you like FPS games, you will like this one.
  21. TerryJ.
    Dec 1, 2007
    Awesome campaign, graphics, story, and settings. Great to see co-op, 40 player online, and the online ranking system is nice. Very high replay value.
  22. BillG.
    Jan 3, 2007
    This game is the best thing I've ever played! Awesome graphics and gameplay. I like everything about it and thats why I give it a 10!
  23. Barry
    Oct 4, 2007
    Awesome. Great graphics (even better than Halo 3's and it's been out many more months) and the gameplay is sound.. multiplayer is a blast, probably the best the PS3 for a good few months.
  24. AdrianG.
    Feb 24, 2007
    Best game of 2007 without thought. I have played it for weeks and haven't gotten bored. Single Mode is a lot of fun trying to find the intel documents, and finishing hard and superhuman mode. On online, it is the best out of all games in history.
  25. Joe
    Feb 7, 2007
    The best fps ever and it was a launch title to top it all of, its so dark in atmosphere and yet so bright and enjoyable with the unique weapons that insomniac are notorious for, in lenght it will have you playing for days ... different levels in England are designed well and change in scenery so things dont seem samey lol, their are many different kinds of the chimeran race to fight, many The best fps ever and it was a launch title to top it all of, its so dark in atmosphere and yet so bright and enjoyable with the unique weapons that insomniac are notorious for, in lenght it will have you playing for days ... different levels in England are designed well and change in scenery so things dont seem samey lol, their are many different kinds of the chimeran race to fight, many vehicles and when moving with a team you feel so involved with the great sound coming from your squad aswell as the scary screams coming from your enemie as they jump from the ceiling making u **** ur pants, great game not to mention ALOT of fun online (40players !!) .... im gonna say it .... BEATS HALO IMO haha, one of the many reasons to get a ps3 and from day 1 it can be urz ! haha this is a true killer app. Expand
  26. TreyM.
    Apr 3, 2007
    If your rating this against Halo then your being a biased fanbou/girl. This game is not Halo, it is not Half-Life and it is not Call of Duty. It borrows elements from all of the games and makes one amazing game. The narration was compelling and the graphics were stunning. The end left ou wanting more and left you KNOWING you would get more. Multiplayer mode was also very entertaining, If your rating this against Halo then your being a biased fanbou/girl. This game is not Halo, it is not Half-Life and it is not Call of Duty. It borrows elements from all of the games and makes one amazing game. The narration was compelling and the graphics were stunning. The end left ou wanting more and left you KNOWING you would get more. Multiplayer mode was also very entertaining, though it could use more open maps. The weapons were my favorite aspect of the game, each one making you think of a strategy! Get this game PS3 owners. The End. Expand
  27. DarylL.
    May 11, 2007
    Graphically its certainly impressive, a great launch title for the PS3 to boast the technical capabilities we can expect to see in the future. The co-op mode in particular is great fun, along with Internet play options gives Resistance that extra longevity. Its not a groundbreaking game as theres something missing to distinguish itself from the vast competition of FPS games available at Graphically its certainly impressive, a great launch title for the PS3 to boast the technical capabilities we can expect to see in the future. The co-op mode in particular is great fun, along with Internet play options gives Resistance that extra longevity. Its not a groundbreaking game as theres something missing to distinguish itself from the vast competition of FPS games available at the moment. This leaves the single player with a sense of 'seen it all before' thus is unlikely to give anyone any great incentive to do it all over again. You do get to unlock you weapons when completed but personally i think its more fun using them against humans on the net rather than going through that game again. Having said that its still a top game, with the restricted choice of games out on the PS3 at the moment this is probably the must buy for any action seeker. Expand
  28. Dan
    May 6, 2007
    I think this is a great launch game for the ps3. It is a solid FPS and boasts crisp graphics and a compelling storyline. Even on a standard TV, the game is beautifully realised with some excellent attention to detail. The levels are generally well planned and the AI, whilst not exceptional, will offer even the most experienced of a gamers a run for their money. All this, coupled with a I think this is a great launch game for the ps3. It is a solid FPS and boasts crisp graphics and a compelling storyline. Even on a standard TV, the game is beautifully realised with some excellent attention to detail. The levels are generally well planned and the AI, whilst not exceptional, will offer even the most experienced of a gamers a run for their money. All this, coupled with a very efficient online mode represent very good value. Well done Insomnia, it will be interesting to see what happens next on this platform as the programmers tap into the power of PS3. Sony were right to delay the launch of their console rather than rush to the production lines like Microsoft. Liittle wonder that, Microsoft are already working on an upgraded 360 system. Expand
  29. ScottH.
    Jun 1, 2007
    The game is a excellent games and is awsome online.
  30. AnonymousMC
    Jul 10, 2007
    For a first generation game on the next generation console system, this game really finds its niche. Great multiplayer options really makes this game shine. My only problem is that the campaign never really surprises you. If you are used to playing FPS's, especially great ones like Half-Life, then you will be expecting ambushes around every corner. Unfortunatly, the most surprisingFor a first generation game on the next generation console system, this game really finds its niche. Great multiplayer options really makes this game shine. My only problem is that the campaign never really surprises you. If you are used to playing FPS's, especially great ones like Half-Life, then you will be expecting ambushes around every corner. Unfortunatly, the most surprising moments are when you actually fight a harder enemy. Again, unfortunatly, you end up fighting that monster the next level. What makes this game good, however, is the weapons. Every weapon feels unique and well thought out. With great checks and balances, along with creative secondary fires, it's hard to figure out why the carbine seems to be the best weapon to use...And why the story line is in 1951.

Positives: Great weapon system, narration, and multiplayer.
    Negatives: Mediocre incorporation of weapons in the campaign, lackluster differences in enemies, and the lack of surprises
    Overall: A great fix for people wanting an FPS on their PS3. The campaign is enjoyable, but leaves something to be desired. The multiplayer picks up what the campaign left out.
    Bottom Line: If you have a PS3 and enjoy FPS's, then buy this game. You won't be dissapointed.

From start to finish, Fall of Man is one hell of an outstanding roller coaster ride that every last PS3 owner needs for day one...Above all else, it's the multiplayer elements that truly ascend this one to the next level. It's a must have for sure.
  2. When you kill an enemy it doesn't disappear and when you blow up part of the near fully destructible environments the pieces don't go away either. The obvious power of the PS3 and the masterful coding work of the developers let everything stay on screen all the time while never taking a frame hit. This is an incredible accomplishment for a launch game on any system. [JPN Import]
    Resistance falls a little short of being the hoped-for "Halo-killer," but with a package that would be considered complete by any standards, it delivers a launch classic, and it lives up to its billing as the PS3's killer app.