• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2006
8.1

1. ChanseW.
    Jun 27, 2008
    One thing about shooters is that throughout the game most players think they will be safe behind cover. Yet Insomniac's Resistance:Fall of Man throws that whole idea out the proverbial window with the implementation of clever weaponry and a campaign that...although dull at times...still provides a solid playthrough. Not to mention the multiplaye, which with its Call of Duty esque One thing about shooters is that throughout the game most players think they will be safe behind cover. Yet Insomniac's Resistance:Fall of Man throws that whole idea out the proverbial window with the implementation of clever weaponry and a campaign that...although dull at times...still provides a solid playthrough. Not to mention the multiplaye, which with its Call of Duty esque rewards system as one progresses though the ranks and a still active online community provide hours of gaming. Graphically it is a bit weak, although it must be taken into account that this was a PS3 launch title. Furthermore it was Insomniac's first shot at a shooter (no pun intended). About 3/4 of the way through the game ramps up in difficulty and the color palette becomes trite, but until then it holds your attention. A 'alternate universe' storyline provide a better backdrop than any other WWII shooter, and while the cutscenes between levels are simply boring slideshows, the gameplay in between is action-packed. The game is certainly a must play for any PS3 owner or shooter fan, and although it may not have the same credentials as a Call of Duty or Halo, give it a shot...you will like it. Expand
  2. anthonyL
    May 26, 2009
    Solid shooting. A little easy at times, with no recoil whatsoever with the guns and no hand tremors for the sniper. AI however was not great. Superhuman provided a good challenge though. The story was well done, presented like a documentary. The presence of the chimera provided a eerie atmosphere which suited the game and its environments. Online was very well done with customisable 40 Solid shooting. A little easy at times, with no recoil whatsoever with the guns and no hand tremors for the sniper. AI however was not great. Superhuman provided a good challenge though. The story was well done, presented like a documentary. The presence of the chimera provided a eerie atmosphere which suited the game and its environments. Online was very well done with customisable 40 player matches. Expand
  3. FeenixErazona
    Dec 26, 2006
    I never liked alien/monster shooter games at all but I gave this game a fair chance and I found myself continuing on to the next level with no hesitation whotsoever! The graphics up front seemed kinda lacking but as you progress through the game the levels become so detailed with rich graphics, I dont think Microsoft could could even dream of producing equal quality images. The game I never liked alien/monster shooter games at all but I gave this game a fair chance and I found myself continuing on to the next level with no hesitation whotsoever! The graphics up front seemed kinda lacking but as you progress through the game the levels become so detailed with rich graphics, I dont think Microsoft could could even dream of producing equal quality images. The game seemed to go by fast but all in all its not exactly a real short game. I dont know much about this genre as I do not care for alien/monster shooters but this game was a real great launch title in my opinioin. The multiplayer hump has been well over came with the great online gameplay. Thumbs up! Expand
  4. Dec 18, 2013
    Good fps, has some character to it, looks more then decent and it's fun to use all the different weapons on the variety of enemies. I don't play a lof of fps's but this played well and the controls were good. I liked the healing system as well.
  5. Dec 21, 2013
    I recently completed this game as of the end of 2013. Despite this being an old game, I had a lot of fun playing it. This series has the most unique weapons that are just fun to play with. The guns in other shooters are all the same, so this is a pleasant change of pace.

I really got into the whole universe created here.. I always enjoy a good alternate universe story. The story was a little hard to follow though, and the game dragged on longer than it probably should have. Those are my only gripes with the game though.. All other aspects are well done including graphics and sound. Overall I highly recommend.
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game, however it borrows some ideas from half-life. Not a bad thing, because half-life is great, as is half-life 2. This game is fun to play with lots of interesting enemies and weapons. The mulitplayer is fun but it is fairly generic. Co-op is good, but not top notch and is only good for 1 playthrough. Lack of motion controls hinders you from experiencing the intensity of theGreat game, however it borrows some ideas from half-life. Not a bad thing, because half-life is great, as is half-life 2. This game is fun to play with lots of interesting enemies and weapons. The mulitplayer is fun but it is fairly generic. Co-op is good, but not top notch and is only good for 1 playthrough. Lack of motion controls hinders you from experiencing the intensity of the firefights, and lack of trophy support gives it slightly less replay value. Expand
  7. Jan 22, 2014
    Resistance has the best and most fascinating alternate history setting I know. Resistance Fall of Man is a very good game, and about the only game that revolves around Human-alien war which is something I really like and I really like science fiction, there is no other game that portrays war in Britain, and more importantly, there is no other game that realistically features Human fightingResistance has the best and most fascinating alternate history setting I know. Resistance Fall of Man is a very good game, and about the only game that revolves around Human-alien war which is something I really like and I really like science fiction, there is no other game that portrays war in Britain, and more importantly, there is no other game that realistically features Human fighting against aliens and that is something I really like.

The story is fantastic and well imagined, and there is a big alternate history background to it, the Russian Revolution fails so there is no Communism or Soviet Union, the first World War plays out differently and so World War II never happened. Also, Russia closes it's borders in 1921 and is still an empire; still ruled by Tsar as the aliens take over the massive country and there are a load of other historical changes as well. You should read the whole fictional history on Resistance Wiki.

The story is narrated by a female soldier called Rachel Parker, telling you about what's happening, what goes on and what happened, and you get to see photos of events shown in no colour, making it look more realistic, of course they are a bit too blurred and unclear though.

The weapons are very good, and there are skill-points similar to Ratchet & Clank, it's just stupid that Insomniac didn't do any trophies to this game. The NPC soldiers beside you are OK... depending on the difficulty and there are times where they are terrible and barely fight the aliens which does bring down the game at times, and there are times where they fight and kill the enemies. I just don't understand why people can make up smart enemies but not NPC allies around you.

The story in this game in single player is about Europe being invaded and overrun by frightening aliens and eventually invading Britain, and they came out of Russia. The US and British forces come together to fight off and drive the Chimera out of Britain. You are Nathan Hale and you partake in the fight for Britain as you fight along soldiers or alone a lot of the time.

As for the multiplayer, I never went online on the Ps3 until recently and I like it so much, sadly, because this is an old game, nobody plays it and when I get into servers, whoever makes up the server puts on stupid settings like 1 shot kill and takes away much of the weapons, I don't understand why they want to do that, whoever hosts the games. They are custom and not ranked though, you can't get any ranked games now. Playing 40 player battles would be enjoyable, but it's too late for that now. But I am not judging or rating this game by today's standards.

This game has a very good feel to me and an engaging story which may leave you with questions such as how this all happened, what happens to Britain and western Europe after, what happened to Europe during the invasion and what happened to Russia. I just absolutely wish Resistance was made in this generation, right now, rather than 7 years ago, I would love this game to have really realistic graphics like other games, and much better A.I. Resistance is not flawless, but it has a fantastic setup, but sadly, its sequels were poorly handled and has lots of problems.
  8. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 7 out of 10, Graphics: 8 out of 10, Fun: 8 out of 10, Controls: 7 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 7 out of 10, Re-play: 7 out of 10, Value: 8 out of 10
  9. AlanK.
    Dec 29, 2006
    The game itself has great graphics and an easy to use camera angle system; however, I found the game itself to be fairly easy to beat. In fact I was able to master the game in about 10 hours. The multi-player action on this game is also a little sub-par meaning that the map dose not indicate where your competition is located until you are in a close proximity; making it quite difficult The game itself has great graphics and an easy to use camera angle system; however, I found the game itself to be fairly easy to beat. In fact I was able to master the game in about 10 hours. The multi-player action on this game is also a little sub-par meaning that the map dose not indicate where your competition is located until you are in a close proximity; making it quite difficult for beginners to locate the competition. Expand
  10. JoeH.
    Jul 31, 2008
    Clearly a launch title, this is a little lacking in the graphics department. The game play is a little repetitive in places all though there are also some really quite inventive and fun parts. The real niggle though is changing weapons (very poorly implemented) and the choice of weapons. Sure there are quite a lot of weapons but I've only really used about 4 or 5 of them, the rest Clearly a launch title, this is a little lacking in the graphics department. The game play is a little repetitive in places all though there are also some really quite inventive and fun parts. The real niggle though is changing weapons (very poorly implemented) and the choice of weapons. Sure there are quite a lot of weapons but I've only really used about 4 or 5 of them, the rest are rather pointless. Those giving this game a 0, 1 and 10 have ulterior motives, for me it Expand
  11. Notafanboy
    Jul 9, 2008
    This game reminds me of Halo 3. Yes, it's fun to play and is good, but was overhyped to the max and doesn't bring anything new to the FPS genre. Just like Halo, if it weren't as hyped up as it was, it would be in the middle of the FPS ladder. Somewhat disappointing.
  12. M
    Oct 27, 2007
    Great gameplay but the story lets it down. Yet again the world is in trouble and America has to save everyone else! The player can't even choose to play as a Brit, even though we're supposed to be fighting side by side with the Americans. And I wonder whose great idea it was to feature Manchester Cathedral... But apart from that it's worthy of a 7/10.
  13. StevenMoore
    May 3, 2007
    After completing the game, it's just nothing special. It tries hard to be Half Life 1, 2, Doom 3 and Halo 2 all in one but it just comes up a bit short, which is a shame considering the effort that has been put into this title. Graphically it's rather bland with flat lighting and some ugly textures, though the levels are enormous and show that the PS3 has massive potential. IfAfter completing the game, it's just nothing special. It tries hard to be Half Life 1, 2, Doom 3 and Halo 2 all in one but it just comes up a bit short, which is a shame considering the effort that has been put into this title. Graphically it's rather bland with flat lighting and some ugly textures, though the levels are enormous and show that the PS3 has massive potential. If you have a PS3 you'll doubtless pick it up and enjoy it, in a couple of years it'll still be high on the average score lists simply because nothing better was available at the time. Expand
  14. JesseM
    Oct 26, 2008
    Solid shooter but nothing else. Storyline was not deep enough also there were no characters in the game I could really get attached to. I hate Parker. What bothered me was that the story line is not told from the main characters point of view. Instead it is told from some bitch named Parker. Another thing that bothered me was that the main character Nathan Hale only talks once in the Solid shooter but nothing else. Storyline was not deep enough also there were no characters in the game I could really get attached to. I hate Parker. What bothered me was that the story line is not told from the main characters point of view. Instead it is told from some bitch named Parker. Another thing that bothered me was that the main character Nathan Hale only talks once in the whole game I believe and is not someone you can get attached to. The graphics are good and show big tremendous battles, but I experienced some slow down. The gameplay was solid and there were many neat guns in the game. I did not like though how the game kept throwing the same enemies at you though. It takes a while before you fight a different enemies other than the typical Chimera foot solider. All and all Resistance is fun while it last's and the multilayer will probaley interest you for a bit but in the end I would only pick this game up for around 20 to 30 bucks. Cheers. Expand
  15. Rol
    Dec 22, 2006
    Good in places, but too patchy to be anything but mundane as it adds little to the genre. The graphics are sharp but lack that something extra to say this is a good looking game. Taken on singleplayer I'll give it 6 but the multiplayer is good fun and would get an 8. Not bad but won't silence any critics of the PS3 either.
  16. ThomasB.
    Mar 25, 2007
    All in all, it's a solid and enjoyable launch game (PAL gamer), especially online (which is obviously free through PlayStation Network) and in co-operative campaign mode. While not visually stunning, it was easy to pick up and play, especially for someone like myself who rarely plays FPS games. I'm not sure if it's a reason to buy a PlayStation 3, but the game is a must for All in all, it's a solid and enjoyable launch game (PAL gamer), especially online (which is obviously free through PlayStation Network) and in co-operative campaign mode. While not visually stunning, it was easy to pick up and play, especially for someone like myself who rarely plays FPS games. I'm not sure if it's a reason to buy a PlayStation 3, but the game is a must for owners, if only for online action. Expand
  17. Aug 11, 2010
    Whilst it adds entirely nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics - what do you expect from a genre so unambiguously entitled 'FPS'? - the overriding notion of the impending desolation of Earth is as refreshing as the genuinely hopeless fight through a ruined United Kingdom. Bonus points for pissing off the Church of England with its Manchester Cathedral sceneWhilst it adds entirely nothing new in terms of gameplay mechanics - what do you expect from a genre so unambiguously entitled 'FPS'? - the overriding notion of the impending desolation of Earth is as refreshing as the genuinely hopeless fight through a ruined United Kingdom. Bonus points for pissing off the Church of England with its Manchester Cathedral scene (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/6736809.stm). Expand
  18. Sep 19, 2010
    Resistance Fall of Man (RES) is a good game, no doubt. Above all the features online are perfects, no track of lag or problem. If you play with your friends, RES will conquer you. But the campaign isn't so good as the online: the checkpoints are very very distant and the story doesn't appear so intriguing. But, all things considered, we are talking about a good game.
  19. Nov 13, 2012
    Pretty generic and can be a little frustrating at times but overall it's a pretty decent experience. Graphics shine when in and around chimera structures, otherwise, they can look pretty bland and ugly. Guns are the highlight of this game and enemy AI are surprisingly smart. At a 8$ price tag, i recommend it.
  20. May 27, 2013
    This was the first FPS i ever played. At that time i found it amazing. I will now give a honest review. So it is pretty much a basic shooter. You have a gun and have to move forward and shoot every alien there is in your way. And then there is some special levels where you have to control a tank. Or other things. You get new guns with new special abilities and you can carry all the guns.This was the first FPS i ever played. At that time i found it amazing. I will now give a honest review. So it is pretty much a basic shooter. You have a gun and have to move forward and shoot every alien there is in your way. And then there is some special levels where you have to control a tank. Or other things. You get new guns with new special abilities and you can carry all the guns. The story is the standard the aliens are taking over the world story and the person you play as have a strange connection to them that we all know so well. So what makes me give it a 7 out of 10? Well, the atmosphere is very good. In the game there is some levels where you are alone. And the dark corridors and creepy music fits the game very well at those points of the game... Actually the music and the atmospher just fits the game in general. And the enemy variation is great. I loved and still love how there suddenly comes a new enemy out you've never seen before and have to kill. There was some awesome scary moments where some slow enemys could come up behind you and jump in your face. But i did also feel that there was to few if them. One of the things i loved most of the game was that there was a coop mode. So you could play the cool campaing with one of your friends. There is also a multiplayer mode but it is not really that good. It was just to out dated. But i did love playing vs mode with my friends. Pretty much multiplayer just only with you and your friends. Expand
  21. Jul 20, 2014
    Resistance :FOM is a nice FPS, nothing more, nothing less. It contains cliches, and some of the levels are very repetitive, some interior elements are seen over and over, but its a good experience all-together.
  22. MarcF.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Very very average game. by itself its a decent game, but when you match it up with other competing next gen games, it really isnt good at all. the graphics are okay, maybe on par with half life 2 which came out in 2003. no character development, horrible story, but ok its a shooter. however, some things are inexcusable for a next gen game. the enemy ai is completely retarded, and the game Very very average game. by itself its a decent game, but when you match it up with other competing next gen games, it really isnt good at all. the graphics are okay, maybe on par with half life 2 which came out in 2003. no character development, horrible story, but ok its a shooter. however, some things are inexcusable for a next gen game. the enemy ai is completely retarded, and the game is very repetitive. playstation 3 is really going down the tubes if this is the killer app. i see a lot of fanboys giving it a 10, but i really do not think it deserves anywhere near that score, even as a ps3 owner. you guys need to wake up and play the good games out there. get halo 3, gears of war, the orange box, graw 2, lost planet, oblivion, dead rising, crackdown, the outfit. try something original, this game is stale, and mutliplayer is lame. ok 40 players but it sucks. from personal experience, if youre a serious gamer looking to pick up a console, save your money and get a 360 cuz theres no good multiplayer gaems out on the ps3 yet. and the unified friends list / achievements across all games seal the deal. my 2 cents. Expand
  23. TiagoB.
    Sep 11, 2007
    It's not impressive, it's not a breath of fresh air. It's just another FPS...
  24. ElliottP.
    Nov 25, 2006
    This doesn't live up to the Sony hype. Resistance is a subpar shooter with neat weapons. Wait for Halo 3.
  25. Matthias
    Sep 29, 2007
    These 10 out of 10 reviews dont make too much sense to me. Well for sure this game isnt the worsed game ever, but still it isnt really good. Just another Fps kind game you most likely want to get second hand or budget, than play and re-sell it. Well 6 out of 10 from me, mediocre rating for something i felt to be a mediocre game.
  26. Mar 13, 2011
    this game was pretty good when i played it the first time though but is a chore to go through again and good graphics cant make up for the lack of replay value and there is no one online with this game any more so there is no point in buying it. borrow from a friend or rent it
  27. Jun 17, 2011
    Good concept and storyline but it's a case of been there done that. Nothing new in this game to separate it from the rest. Worth a play through but wouldn't be going back for more.
  28. Feb 26, 2012
    This game was decent. Fun, but not very appealing. When it first came out it seemed pretty cool, then slowly grew boring and dull. Story just seemed disappointing. Wouldn't recommend it.
  29. Sep 10, 2014
    Meh. Repetitive, just another mindless shootemup. The story was interesting at first, but became stale as the story progresses. The weapons were meh, the enemies were meh. The gameplay was ok, but nothing special. The lack of online for resistance has stopped me from buying future iterations of this franchise. Shame, the online looks great from what I've seen on youtube, it would've savedMeh. Repetitive, just another mindless shootemup. The story was interesting at first, but became stale as the story progresses. The weapons were meh, the enemies were meh. The gameplay was ok, but nothing special. The lack of online for resistance has stopped me from buying future iterations of this franchise. Shame, the online looks great from what I've seen on youtube, it would've saved this game from being below average and scored a 7 or even an 8 from me, but nope, no online. Expand
  30. May 28, 2012
    This game was okay ,nothing special.
  31. Jun 8, 2013
    This game is funny and I mean that in its hard to think of the reason why its getting a 6/10. It has all the ideas for a great shooter and in many places it is and its alot of fun. The Chimera are a good enemy idea and can occasionally give you a jump plus the weapons are creative aswell. The story is ok but not brilliant but the biggest let down is probably just some sections of the gameThis game is funny and I mean that in its hard to think of the reason why its getting a 6/10. It has all the ideas for a great shooter and in many places it is and its alot of fun. The Chimera are a good enemy idea and can occasionally give you a jump plus the weapons are creative aswell. The story is ok but not brilliant but the biggest let down is probably just some sections of the game which are sort of boring I suppose. Nathan Hale isn't very interesting here and some levels aren't designed well. A good game but not brilliant Expand
  32. Mar 29, 2015
    Weird campaign,disappointing graphics,bad controls and a glitchy multiplayer are the reasons Resistance : Fall of Man is not that good of a game.But,I have to give the game credit for the original and interesting story.
  33. Jul 1, 2014
    I think I played this one too late, the voice acting and story felt very cheesy and the visuals were pretty bad too. I liked the premise of an alien attack during World War 2 and shooting around was a lot of fun (especially with a friend) for a while but things got boring pretty quickly for me.
  34. Bear
    Mar 23, 2007
    Average, average, average. Does nothing to move this most stagnant of genres forwards. All the PlayStation worshiping casual gamers will think it's the second coming, but it really is lagging behind many of the big-name shooters we've seen over the past few years.
  35. LiboW.
    Mar 5, 2007
    My opinion may not do the ENTIRE game justice, but just playing it for 2 days at my friend's house, the game gave me a mediocre "another-one-of-those" FPS feelings (like how prey used innovative weapons and gravity but still fell short). The only reason I'm voting here is that, there's something very fishy about these grammatically correct, perfectly capitalized, My opinion may not do the ENTIRE game justice, but just playing it for 2 days at my friend's house, the game gave me a mediocre "another-one-of-those" FPS feelings (like how prey used innovative weapons and gravity but still fell short). The only reason I'm voting here is that, there's something very fishy about these grammatically correct, perfectly capitalized, back-of-the-box descriptive "reviews". Smells of SCEA.... Expand
  36. PeterW.
    Nov 20, 2006
    The graphics are mediocre at best and the game play was not very interesting.
  37. JacoboT.
    Dec 18, 2007
    This game is horrible. Nothing makes it stand out. It pales in comparison to most FPS's. Its graphics are nothing special. this is a reason not to buy a PS3, Gears of War is much better than Resistance: Fall of Man, graphicly and 150% gameplay. I expected more from this game, but it sucked, not even worth renting.
  38. Chris
    Feb 18, 2007
    Looks really nice, but it doesn't draw me in. I find myself losing interest in it after only having it for a week.
  39. schlittmehr
    Sep 14, 2008
    I really dont understand how this game can have a higher user rating than a game like gta 4! Its not a bad game, but what it is is very average, people sometimes put it on a par with halo 3, which i would agree with, but then halo 3 is really very average too! Resistance is a mediocre fps in a sea of mediocre fps's, i wont say it wasnt worth the money, but thats mainly because i only I really dont understand how this game can have a higher user rating than a game like gta 4! Its not a bad game, but what it is is very average, people sometimes put it on a par with halo 3, which i would agree with, but then halo 3 is really very average too! Resistance is a mediocre fps in a sea of mediocre fps's, i wont say it wasnt worth the money, but thats mainly because i only spent 18 quid on it! The gameplay has some nice moments, and the addition of 2 player coop is helpful as its something lacking in other fps titles. Expand
  40. NeonSighs
    Nov 11, 2006
    Unfortunately Fall of Man can be a bore to play. The Ai is predictable, level design is linear and distinctly average, and players are asked to walk through some sections of the level (without fireing a single shot) as a cheap way of prolonging the length of the game.

The visuals are solid throughout, but do not meet the expectations or the hype the publisher conjured prior to launch.
  41. JackH
    Oct 22, 2008
    This is the only game in my PS3 library of 10 games that i HAVE NOT FINISHED...it didn't hold me at all...i mean come on...aliens invading the world? been there...way past done that. I spent a good bit of time online playing this game, which was fun, but when the far superior Call of Duty 4 came out i quit doing this game online. The single player story is just too boring and whored This is the only game in my PS3 library of 10 games that i HAVE NOT FINISHED...it didn't hold me at all...i mean come on...aliens invading the world? been there...way past done that. I spent a good bit of time online playing this game, which was fun, but when the far superior Call of Duty 4 came out i quit doing this game online. The single player story is just too boring and whored out. I know when it comes to shooters there isn't a lot to work with story-wise, but please...try harder. Call of Duty 4 and Dead Space are excellent shooting games that have very cool stories...call of duty 4 reigns supreme. Expand
  42. CS
    Feb 26, 2008
    This is a completely sub-par, average title at best, that brings 0% new to the table. Multiplayer is very poorly designed. I think majority of these reviews were when it first came out and no one had a PS3 game to compare too.
  43. AdamBaldovinos
    Dec 21, 2006
    I own a PS3 and have been waiting for a good game. The only game decent game is Resistance and everyone knows that, even if you dont have a PS3 or even played one. All in All Resistance is the Hyundai of Gears Of War and you know that all you PS3 fans. So save yourself a couple hundred and get a 360 until a good game comes out for the PS3 like MGS4, GTA 5, AC. Trust me its a waste of moneyI own a PS3 and have been waiting for a good game. The only game decent game is Resistance and everyone knows that, even if you dont have a PS3 or even played one. All in All Resistance is the Hyundai of Gears Of War and you know that all you PS3 fans. So save yourself a couple hundred and get a 360 until a good game comes out for the PS3 like MGS4, GTA 5, AC. Trust me its a waste of money until a good game comes out. Expand
  44. Aug 27, 2010
    It was a pretty generic game and felt pretty damn unpolished in terms of gameplay and mechanics. The story was pretty interesting and the campaign is pretty long, but the narrative made playing the game a painfully long experience. As mentioned, the gameplay is generic and very repetitive, compounded with the poor narrative makes the single player experience tolerable for about 3 hours. AsIt was a pretty generic game and felt pretty damn unpolished in terms of gameplay and mechanics. The story was pretty interesting and the campaign is pretty long, but the narrative made playing the game a painfully long experience. As mentioned, the gameplay is generic and very repetitive, compounded with the poor narrative makes the single player experience tolerable for about 3 hours. As for multiplayer, I had not played it, so I cannot comment on that. Expand
  45. Aug 27, 2011
    Graphics are ok but overall game seems repetitive. AI is a joke, not a great game I guess. Played just the demo though. However, I'll definitely sequel seems much better. Maybe I'll buy the special edition that comes with both games just in case, apparently multiplayer is awesome.... ya right!
  46. Oct 6, 2011
    Granted, this is a launch title and it's now 2011, and we've been spoiled with call of duty and the like, but I found this to be worthy of a 5/10. I won't hate on the story, its the reason I bought it, I love the alternate history stuff. Its the GAMEPLAY. Horrible. Felt cartoonish, slow moving enemy bullets, poor AI animation, useless friendly AI. At no point did I get sucked in, theGranted, this is a launch title and it's now 2011, and we've been spoiled with call of duty and the like, but I found this to be worthy of a 5/10. I won't hate on the story, its the reason I bought it, I love the alternate history stuff. Its the GAMEPLAY. Horrible. Felt cartoonish, slow moving enemy bullets, poor AI animation, useless friendly AI. At no point did I get sucked in, the gunplay was too bad. In COD or nearly any other fps, you get sucked in and forget you're holding a controller. Not here. Ruined a good idea with a VERY mediocre game. :-[ I will play through the rest to play the sequels because I love the idea of this universe so much. Hope the sequels are better. MUCH better. Expand
  47. Jul 21, 2012
    This game was decent, it has no unique story, no special weapons, no cool cut scenes, no great graphics, no nothing special. Seriously, it is not a good game nor a bad one. If you can, just rent the game, finish it and return it. It is short.
  48. AtomHeart
    Dec 1, 2006
    As the supposed premier (and only...) launch game for the PS3, this is a mediocre game and with that a colossal dissapointment.
  49. Aug 31, 2011
    Can't stand this game. It has co-op, sure. But waiting THIRTY seconds to respawn?? Come-on... And why doesn't health regenerate EVER? Even on easy this game is extremely hard. Probably harder than any other game on PS3 and I have a lot of games.
  50. JohnC.
    Dec 21, 2006
    Well, well, a tru next-generation game - NOT! Lame, basic FPS and short, too short!!! Is The awsome media format - the Blu-Ray - needed for a game of this extent ???
    And Sony fanatics, don't really have much shame anymore, saying that the game uses only 1% of the machine ??? NExt time they'll be sayng one doesn't need to turn on the power...
    Shesh...!
  51. SamH.
    Dec 23, 2007
    I was extremely sad when i got home after paying £45!!!! for this peice of junk. it was truely awful and i hated every moment. the graphics are very ordinary and the art is dull , even on my 1080p 40 inch samsung. most people who think this game is good should play gears of war or halo 3 , they make this shooter seem so ordinary in all ways possible.
  52. DerekR.
    Dec 13, 2007
    Billed as a killer must have PS3 title I was expecting much, MUCH more. Its frankly just another dull FPS. the graphics are a good point and have a real vintage look about them in keeping with its setting, but the lack of shine and polish gets a little oppressive after a while. Gameplay was originally slightly marred by the lack of rumble (which has now been fixed, not too soon Sony) but Billed as a killer must have PS3 title I was expecting much, MUCH more. Its frankly just another dull FPS. the graphics are a good point and have a real vintage look about them in keeping with its setting, but the lack of shine and polish gets a little oppressive after a while. Gameplay was originally slightly marred by the lack of rumble (which has now been fixed, not too soon Sony) but the actions of the enemies who will stand still while you gun them down is laughable, it has the obligatory minor enemies (a sort of dog like version of Half Lifes head crabs) to break up the monotonous waves of chimera. You amass a wide range of different looking weapons that unfortunately have very little variation in power. The level design is a high point, some good interior and exterior sections, not overly loaded with endless tunnels and mazes, the few vehicle sections scattered throughout are regretfully poor, most noticeably the Tank sections. This is a launch title so it wasn't going to have the same standard of polish that you might expect to see after the console has found its feet but still this is a mediocre offering and hasn't helped the slow start for the PS3. Expand
  53. ChebouryDmytryk
    Nov 21, 2006
    I am allowed to be too critical when reviewing Resistance Fall Of Men? Absolutely! After all the bragging, ostentatious palaver with a lengthy panegyric from Kutaragi & Sons about their Super Computer being the only true Next-Gen system at the expense of some + $600 I was expecting some truly ground breaking visuals, gameplay and Sixaxsis implementation! What I got was a chopped up gameI am allowed to be too critical when reviewing Resistance Fall Of Men? Absolutely! After all the bragging, ostentatious palaver with a lengthy panegyric from Kutaragi & Sons about their Super Computer being the only true Next-Gen system at the expense of some + $600 I was expecting some truly ground breaking visuals, gameplay and Sixaxsis implementation! What I got was a chopped up game story with subpar visuals and tacked on Sixaxsis controls! Sure the game has some strong points but so does Genji... and a bunch of other Sony trite! I will not even get into the gripe I have with the system itself! Sorry this shiiit is better off where it came from... the land of the rising Doom! I guess what needs to be done is what 200.000 other PS3 owners are doing... sell it on Ebay make some profit, get the Wii & Xbox 360!Shame on you Sony! Expand
  54. TonyM
    Mar 18, 2008
    The game is not worth getting, the graphics are alright and so is the plot but the AI is so dumb that it is an insult calling them AI, the flashlight is quite annoying and there is a massive similarity with Half Life 2, Gears of war, Quake 4 and Doom 3(which are all way better than this). The multiplayer is quite bad with really random maps with pointless designs
  55. SonytheGreatBetrayer
    Jan 6, 2007
    All my frined went out and payed a butt load on the PS3. I've played this game a lot, and I've had time to think. Not at all the "must have" title for a PS3. In fact a PS3 isn't a "must have" right now. The Wii's just fun and 360 has Gears, Ranbow 6 LV, and more. Buy a Wii or a 360.
  56. CharafB.
    Aug 17, 2008
    This game sucks really soo much that when i taught that this would be good game in shop but in home i tested it and graphics look really bad no good textures and sad multiplayer so i didnt like it.only good thing was the sounds in game i liked them but all the other was so bad that i bought xbox360 and halo 3 and i think their much better .
  57. Sep 26, 2011
    Auger is the worst weapon idea ever created. Everything about this game (story, gameplay, graphics, sounds/music) felt dated and poorly done even for 2006.
  58. TonyF.
    Nov 28, 2006
    Very Dissappointing Game. Expected good graphics and gameplay. But got neither
  59. CliffgayB.
    Nov 29, 2006
    The game didn't live up to the hype. I would rather go play my 360 and play call of duty for the original xbox. Or maybe even some Fuzion Frenzy cause this game is horrible and don't waste your money.
  60. Pete
    Nov 24, 2007
    It's "Gears of War-lite" for all you sony fanboys.
  61. KDep
    Dec 13, 2006
    Not very impressive. Standard FPS game. Nice looking, but nothing else otherwise. Just more of the same tried (tired) and true humans vs. aliens. I wasn't very enthused and I won't be looking forward to the next one. I WASTED $600 on this piece of crap... PS3 is going on ebay tomorrow.
  62. Fboyguy
    Feb 7, 2007
    This game is a disgrace why because it tries to be like half life,gears of war,doom 3 and return to castle wolfenstein and fails terribly.The only reason sony put out this game is because they wanted to beat gears of war and the xbox 360 but the 360 has already beat theps3 in the console wars because of its technology and games,also this game is the only one exclusivly for the ps3 that isThis game is a disgrace why because it tries to be like half life,gears of war,doom 3 and return to castle wolfenstein and fails terribly.The only reason sony put out this game is because they wanted to beat gears of war and the xbox 360 but the 360 has already beat theps3 in the console wars because of its technology and games,also this game is the only one exclusivly for the ps3 that is getting good reviews but its not winning any awards ,Look at gears of war its won alot of awards game of the year,best action,and also best graphics but this game looks like it could be on the ps2.Overall dont buy the ps3 because of this game or metal gear solid 4 either because this game is coming out on the pc in march with the same graphics and the same gameplay and mgs4 is going to come out on the xbox 360 bout a year after it comes out on the ps3 and the xbox360 version will have extras on it so save some money and dont buy the ps3 and get a xbox 360 it has gears of war,oblivion,mass effect,fable2,and assasins creed which is also coming out on the ps3 but the xbox 360 version will be better.Trust me.DONT BUY A PS3! Expand
  63. JoelC.
    Nov 29, 2006
    This game blows. The PS3 is overpriced, and not selling well at all. Sony really screwed up this generation of consoles. Too bad, the PS2 was great. I've played this game and can't see any reason to spend $600 on junk for a machine. Hey Sony, try thinking outside the box and innovating, not copying. Get the Wii folks, I've never had so much fun in gaming.
  64. MattW.
    Dec 11, 2006
    I thought this book was terrible. The character development was misleading. The plot left a lot of questions unanswered like will martha find out who stole her shrubbery. I cant believe that this is going to be the first of a trilogy. I hope the squirrels are back for the next book. The only good part if you ask me. The PS3 is disappointing and if this is the best book on offer then I am I thought this book was terrible. The character development was misleading. The plot left a lot of questions unanswered like will martha find out who stole her shrubbery. I cant believe that this is going to be the first of a trilogy. I hope the squirrels are back for the next book. The only good part if you ask me. The PS3 is disappointing and if this is the best book on offer then I am Tomato Johnson, the NY private eye with a blue hat. 0/10 Expand

From start to finish, Fall of Man is one hell of an outstanding roller coaster ride that every last PS3 owner needs for day one...Above all else, it's the multiplayer elements that truly ascend this one to the next level. It's a must have for sure.
  2. When you kill an enemy it doesn't disappear and when you blow up part of the near fully destructible environments the pieces don't go away either. The obvious power of the PS3 and the masterful coding work of the developers let everything stay on screen all the time while never taking a frame hit. This is an incredible accomplishment for a launch game on any system. [JPN Import]
    Resistance falls a little short of being the hoped-for "Halo-killer," but with a package that would be considered complete by any standards, it delivers a launch classic, and it lives up to its billing as the PS3's killer app.