• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2006
8.1

1. BergF.
    Jan 3, 2007
    Best game ever play by far! Fun factor is amazingly strong! The graphics look so real!
  2. HatoraiH.
    Apr 5, 2007
    Best game graphics of the year, fun and inspiring gameplay with an exceptional insensitivity rate. Have never played a game this good before. GO BUY IT!
  3. BobJ.
    Feb 4, 2007
    People say that there is no reason to buy a PS3, cause there aren't any good games out. Well, this one game right here is all you need. I'm on my 3rd playthrough on the campaign, and I've played over 100 online games. Yet and every time I start it up, it still feels new. This IS the reason to get a PS3.
  4. JohnT.
    Feb 8, 2007
    Highly entertaining shooter with a strong multiplayer and co-op to boot. A long list of stylish weapons makes for some very action packed gameplay.
  5. TerryJ.
    Dec 1, 2007
    Awesome campaign, graphics, story, and settings. Great to see co-op, 40 player online, and the online ranking system is nice. Very high replay value.
  6. BillG.
    Jan 3, 2007
    This game is the best thing I've ever played! Awesome graphics and gameplay. I like everything about it and thats why I give it a 10!
  7. AdrianG.
    Feb 24, 2007
    Best game of 2007 without thought. I have played it for weeks and haven't gotten bored. Single Mode is a lot of fun trying to find the intel documents, and finishing hard and superhuman mode. On online, it is the best out of all games in history.
  8. Joe
    Feb 7, 2007
    The best fps ever and it was a launch title to top it all of, its so dark in atmosphere and yet so bright and enjoyable with the unique weapons that insomniac are notorious for, in lenght it will have you playing for days ... different levels in England are designed well and change in scenery so things dont seem samey lol, their are many different kinds of the chimeran race to fight, many The best fps ever and it was a launch title to top it all of, its so dark in atmosphere and yet so bright and enjoyable with the unique weapons that insomniac are notorious for, in lenght it will have you playing for days ... different levels in England are designed well and change in scenery so things dont seem samey lol, their are many different kinds of the chimeran race to fight, many vehicles and when moving with a team you feel so involved with the great sound coming from your squad aswell as the scary screams coming from your enemie as they jump from the ceiling making u **** ur pants, great game not to mention ALOT of fun online (40players !!) .... im gonna say it .... BEATS HALO IMO haha, one of the many reasons to get a ps3 and from day 1 it can be urz ! haha this is a true killer app. Expand
  9. Timski
    Apr 2, 2007
    Look, Xbox360 is old news. This game kicks ass on a machine that doesn't sound like a hoover when running. Live with it.
  10. ScottH.
    Jun 1, 2007
    The game is a excellent games and is awsome online.
  11. SeanT.
    Jul 4, 2007
    The best on-line multiplayer game. Excellent single player and cooperative storyline. Good graphics and fast paced action.
  12. IgorK.
    Aug 24, 2007
    This game is great! Me and my friend are still playing in cooperative mode and we can't stop. Only lack of electricity will make us to stop playing it! Developer did a good work.
  13. DensyD.
    Sep 11, 2007
    What a great game! I've avoided first person shooters since Quake 2 ate up my sophomore year of college, so I bought this game with trepedation... and have been absolutely enthralled with it! What fun! True, I've played on easy - and had a fun time - but it's a marvelous game, with beautiful graphics. I've jumped and dodged around my living room while playing due to What a great game! I've avoided first person shooters since Quake 2 ate up my sophomore year of college, so I bought this game with trepedation... and have been absolutely enthralled with it! What fun! True, I've played on easy - and had a fun time - but it's a marvelous game, with beautiful graphics. I've jumped and dodged around my living room while playing due to the excitement of the scenes! The online play is WAY too cool, also.!!!! Expand
  14. AaroS.
    Jan 3, 2008
    The second best PS3 game ever (Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction FTW). It has everthing that awesome game needs and you want to play this game more, more and more. the online game is awesome as well as the campaing mode which has exellent story. Insomniac Games gives you super cool weapons that you'll love to use! 40 players online matches are just FANTASTIC! You got an The second best PS3 game ever (Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction FTW). It has everthing that awesome game needs and you want to play this game more, more and more. the online game is awesome as well as the campaing mode which has exellent story. Insomniac Games gives you super cool weapons that you'll love to use! 40 players online matches are just FANTASTIC! You got an awesome ranking system and many patches will make your play time even better. There are also two different map-packs which you can buy easily. This is the game that deserves 10 out of 10! Expand
  15. ChrisL.
    Feb 11, 2008
    It is a brilliant game, it is fun and the gun selection is great because you can use the chimeran guns as well. I hope the new game Resistance 2 will be just as good.
  16. JoeT.
    Mar 8, 2009
    This game is perfect. A little humor, a few explosions. I can only think of one other thing it could use but thats not appropriate for all ages. Addictive would be an understatement.
  17. TerranceC.
    Nov 12, 2006
    What can I say? Its an extremely polished experience from start to finish. Totally engrossing.
    Nov 19, 2006
    Amazing graphics, amazing gameplay. What more could you want? This is simply one of the best console first person shooters I've played. Awesome game.
  19. RoyD.
    Nov 21, 2006
    I played this game with a Japanese import (no ps3's available in aus just yet) and seriously it was the best of all five games that came with it in the mail. It wasn't just better, it was undenaibly better. I also have an xbox and as a devoted halo 2 player (came second in the australia wide tournament) i am already starting to think that this game is better then halo. And I played this game with a Japanese import (no ps3's available in aus just yet) and seriously it was the best of all five games that came with it in the mail. It wasn't just better, it was undenaibly better. I also have an xbox and as a devoted halo 2 player (came second in the australia wide tournament) i am already starting to think that this game is better then halo. And i've only played it one time through. Well done insomniac on creating the rare b ut very much enjoyabloe killer app. Expand
  20. SonnyC.
    Dec 11, 2006
    This game is completely awesome! The replay value is great. I love how you are encouraged to play the game again by getting a new arsenal of cool weapons. The character AI is splendid. The physics are the best I've seen in any console game (OMG the ragdolls!). The story is awesome and it leaves me hoping they make a sequel (the story seems open ended enough to allow for one.) For the This game is completely awesome! The replay value is great. I love how you are encouraged to play the game again by getting a new arsenal of cool weapons. The character AI is splendid. The physics are the best I've seen in any console game (OMG the ragdolls!). The story is awesome and it leaves me hoping they make a sequel (the story seems open ended enough to allow for one.) For the people that gave this game low scores: Did you even play the game or did you watch YouTube videos to come up with your verdict? Or... Did you decide to give a low rating because you hate Sony. Thanks for your immature "opinion". Insomniac: Great Job. Just like the Ratchet series, you've managed to pull the sort of masterpiece that you have a distint history of doing. Congratulations on a job well done. The graphics in some of the later levels... OMG.. Expand
  21. IndiS.
    Nov 2, 2007
    Insomniac games made another game that looks awesome such as the storyline, co-operative, multiplayer, online, clan, medals and finally skill points but there's still more. Plus there's updates for Resistance: Fall of Man when you play online to make a little improvement but it will come in future or game items from the PlayStation store if there are any. If your not sure about Insomniac games made another game that looks awesome such as the storyline, co-operative, multiplayer, online, clan, medals and finally skill points but there's still more. Plus there's updates for Resistance: Fall of Man when you play online to make a little improvement but it will come in future or game items from the PlayStation store if there are any. If your not sure about this game download the demo from the PlayStation store and see how you feel about this game. Expand
  22. J.K.
    Nov 7, 2007
    This game has the best co-op mode I have seen.
  23. J
    Dec 4, 2007
    This is by far one of the best games I have ever played. The story line is awesome and the weapons are too. I've played a lot of FPS's including Doom and the Halo series, and nothing else even comes close. If you own a PS3, you need to get this game!
  24. MorganC.
    Jan 7, 2007
    This is, by a long shot, the best shooter I have ever played. Outshines either Halo by a great deal, for those who compare the two.
  25. ChuckieA.
    Feb 14, 2007
    I recently finished the entire game & felt very Satisfied to what it had to offer, then i tried the online play. WOW!!! Incredible!! I could not tell you how amazing it is to play against 40 other players at once, you have to see for yourself.
  26. JoshuaS.
    Feb 7, 2007
    This next-gen shooter really has improved my outlook on the FPS genre. Although it comes as one of very few choices for this console the sheer power of the graphics of this game as well as the unique spin on the very overplayed WW2-ERA shooters really boosted the ratings. With the addition of game updates, integrated online play, and a ranking system I believe this is one of the best This next-gen shooter really has improved my outlook on the FPS genre. Although it comes as one of very few choices for this console the sheer power of the graphics of this game as well as the unique spin on the very overplayed WW2-ERA shooters really boosted the ratings. With the addition of game updates, integrated online play, and a ranking system I believe this is one of the best shooter games you'll find, to rival Gears of War. Expand
  27. ZackZack
    Mar 29, 2007
    Pretty good game, decent story, pretty good gameplay, and awesome graphics, however, I think that the PS3 can, and will do much, much better.
  28. DillonK.
    Apr 21, 2007
    I loved this game. The controls were well laid out and the graphics were excellent! The AI is rather good and that
  29. LukeB.
    Jun 5, 2007
    Great game. great graphics, great online what more could you ask for.
  30. DaveG.
    Aug 28, 2007
    Pure class to play- and great online play to match! Very invigorating storyline and just good overall.
  31. RandyS.
    Sep 27, 2007
    This is the shit, it's better than Halo 2 and 1...The computer AI is smart as hell...This game will keep you on your toes.
  32. DavidO.
    Sep 28, 2007
    Fun, but way over rated and unoriginal. Too much hype, not enough new things. Lame single player.
  33. ChuckieA.
  34. EmmettT.
    Jan 31, 2008
    This game rocks, Yes halo and gears are real nice games with good multiplayer but there not good enough to say that they are better then this game. And the same goes for this game to say that it is better. Most of these people that complain about it can not play it and get mad so they put bad reviews.
  35. AndrewR.
    Feb 15, 2008
    This was the best game at the time, and there is nothing stoping that.. People keep comparing it to Halo blah blah blah... quit trying to compare and play it!!! then give your input... Halo has gone trough 3 games this was a first work, just you wait until Resistance 2 comes out... look out Halo.
  36. SpencerT
    Sep 19, 2008
    While graphically not as stunning as, say, Uncharted or Metal Gear Solid 4, the unique setting, rich and gripping storyline, just plain fun guns, terrifying and brilliant enemy design, cunning AI and vibrant and fun multiplayer make this a brilliant game. In addition, between the Skill points, unlockable weapons and collectable intel, here is ample material to allow much replay value.
  37. TravisM.
    Sep 8, 2008
    This game is by far one of the best PS3 games ever, Starts rather bland with a great story building behind it. Midway, The game's narrative starts to drive the game and the level design gets way better, As a cross platform gamer, Owning all three modern consoles.. I can say this is better than Halo 3, And most 360 FPS's. Don't let your console pride blind you from great games.
  38. AlanH.
    Nov 23, 2006
    Being one of the lucky ones to pick up a Playstation 3 without being shot in the face by one of those deranged maniacs, I picked up this game because of all the hype. Some people were wondering if it lived up to it... and it did. As you probably have seen already while scrolling down to the Readers Review section, you've probably noticed that almost all the scores for this game were Being one of the lucky ones to pick up a Playstation 3 without being shot in the face by one of those deranged maniacs, I picked up this game because of all the hype. Some people were wondering if it lived up to it... and it did. As you probably have seen already while scrolling down to the Readers Review section, you've probably noticed that almost all the scores for this game were nineties. This game is one of the greatest first person shooters ever made. It rivals that of Halo with its massive forty player online multiplayer. The graphics are amazing and the story, though basic, is wonderfully told by a third person narrative perspected. The sound is also great. But I think the real protagonist of this game is the weapons. Insomniac, famed creators of the Rachet and Clank series, already had experience creating exotic and many awe inspiring weapons. they gave this FPS that same five-star treatment with its weapons as well and out came weapons such as the Bullseye, Auger, and many other weapons. I would like to congratulate not only Insomniac for creating this great first person shooter, but also Sony for creating the Playstation 3, a system powerful and worthy enough to endure this wonderful game. Thank you. Expand
  39. TravisM.
    Dec 11, 2006
    Amazing game. 360 fanboys give it no just, and I wouldn't doubt they don't even own the console or game. Great graphics and even better gameplay. Controls are smooth. To me, either you love this game or you clearly haven't actually played it.
  40. SeanF.
    Dec 5, 2006
    Awesome graphics, intricate gaming design, and multiplayer options that rival Halo 2, this game has surpassesed everyone else. And it only uses 1% of the PS3's processing power. Keep it up Sony!
  41. ChrisH.
    Oct 12, 2007
    This game is just WOW. graphics are better then halo3 and online.....40 Players! as when i play halo 3 online, theres only a max of 16 players (but i play the 5v5 slayer and skirmish). The weopens are original, the monsters are original, the game is original. Pick up the game ASAP.
  42. NJ
    Oct 19, 2007
    Awesome online play 40 players and great single player. The first true nextgen game for any system. Love it.
  43. Sean
    Dec 29, 2007
    This game is the best game i have ever plsyed and if you have a ps3 You need this game. the online play is perfect because it is never the same andlots of settings. Capaign is excelent also and very long. if you have Halo3, its time to throw it. out and buy an Ps3 and this game. I play online look for me my user name is Havok R519 or Havok R505.
  44. Andrew
    Feb 17, 2007
    This is the best game I have ever owned an anyone who gave it a 0 has never played it before and must be an Xbox 360 owner who is only jealous that he can't afford a PS3.
  45. Alexandre
    Feb 21, 2007
    This game justifies the cost of the PS3. Hands down the best fps I've played in years.
  46. IsaacB.
    Mar 19, 2007
    Best first person shooter ever, hands down. Original storyline (neither World War 2, nor Sci-Fi, but something in between), great multiplayer (up to 40 characters!), great gameplay, nice graphics for a launch title.
  47. ShamusM.
    Aug 29, 2007
    INTENSE gameplay, spectacular graphics, the most intriguing game i have ever played in my life!!! Great story line great weapons and a great overall first person shooter. BUY IT NOW!!!!! ;)
  48. DensyD.
  49. VitoA.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Considering this game was a release title which kick started the next chapter in Sony's success story; this game lives up to the expectations in every possible way. Insomniac are truly a great team of developers and are tribute to true workmanship and skill. They don't complain about the supposed difficulty of coding on the Playstation 3 like many other developers. What they do Considering this game was a release title which kick started the next chapter in Sony's success story; this game lives up to the expectations in every possible way. Insomniac are truly a great team of developers and are tribute to true workmanship and skill. They don't complain about the supposed difficulty of coding on the Playstation 3 like many other developers. What they do is release 2 quality games within a year and then already preview the sequel to this game which looks spectacular. I praise this game in the highest! Very satisfying. Expand
  50. EdK.
    Nov 12, 2006
    Amazing game! The complete package with a killer Single player/Co-op game and the best online multiplayer out on any console.
  51. CliffB.
    Nov 18, 2006
    Finally a chance to play it first hand, and what can I say... This is a pretty damn amazing achievement - the quality of the graphics, complex animation blending system, realistic deformation and ragdoll physics, density of particle effects, glass simulation, etc, etc...Once you get to sit down and play it the graphics turn out to be way better than I was expecting - if anything this game Finally a chance to play it first hand, and what can I say... This is a pretty damn amazing achievement - the quality of the graphics, complex animation blending system, realistic deformation and ragdoll physics, density of particle effects, glass simulation, etc, etc...Once you get to sit down and play it the graphics turn out to be way better than I was expecting - if anything this game has been unfairly underrated in this department. There are some of the most spectaular environments I've ever seen in a game, especially when you get to the huge alien interiors towards the end. Gameplay is great, as you would expect from Insomniac - the pacing is perfect and builds nicely as you progress through the game - by the end of it the whole experience gives you that feeling of adventure like when you've read a great novel and intrigued to find out about what the Chimera are, where they came from, and where do the "Cloven" fit in to it all. I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but I hear that's one of the best things about it. Just mind-blowing what they pulled off here, especially for a launch title. Expand
  52. GarricB.
    Nov 18, 2006
    This game is a killer app. The controls are superb, the story seems interesting, and the different types of weapons keeps the game fresh. The multiplayer is second to none for console games with 40 players online with no lag. The battles in the game are fast and frentic, both in story and online. This game should already be an instant classic.
  53. KennethM.
    Dec 25, 2006
    Easily the best console FPS. Normally I'll only ever play them on the PC, but this whoops the crap out of Halo, etc
  54. FrancoF.
    Dec 31, 2006
    This is hands down better than any 360 launch title and even Gears of War. A real alternative to Halo.
  55. Nov 1, 2011
    Game is pretty darn good. One of the exclusives that PS3 fanboys got to get. What else can I say about this game? A lot. Like what? Well, to make an essay short. This game offers the creeps and the humor. It doesn't care whether the jokes or scare factors are uncalled for, it'll give you the run of your life. Look back on it, say you enjoyed it and move on to the next level. Amazing. YouGame is pretty darn good. One of the exclusives that PS3 fanboys got to get. What else can I say about this game? A lot. Like what? Well, to make an essay short. This game offers the creeps and the humor. It doesn't care whether the jokes or scare factors are uncalled for, it'll give you the run of your life. Look back on it, say you enjoyed it and move on to the next level. Amazing. You cannot give this game a shrug because you will regret it. The multiplayer is a blast! I repeat, a blast! Since its on the PS3's online network, which consists of a much more mature and grown-up audience, not to mention most Resistance players derive from Europe, there are no trollers. And we all hate trolls, whether you are a troll yourself or not. The campaign and multiplayer is a dual combo that will leave you playing this game for weeks. Maybe months. Maybe years, well that is until its sequel comes out. Until then, this game is the game to play! Expand
  56. Mar 25, 2013
    10-Presentation; The plot, setting, and characters are a success.
    10-Graphics; The art style may lack variety, but everything is so well done.
    8.5-Sound; Music is hit or miss, but the voice acting and sound effects are excellent. 10-Game play; The levels, controls, mechanics, and AI are excellent. 10-Lasting value; There's co-op, 16 hour campaign, 40 player multiplayer, tons of weapons
    10-Presentation; The plot, setting, and characters are a success.
    10-Graphics; The art style may lack variety, but everything is so well done.
    10-Game play; The levels, controls, mechanics, and AI are excellent.
    10-Lasting value; There's co-op, 16 hour campaign, 40 player multiplayer, tons of weapons and modes, and tons to unlock.
    Overall-10/10
  57. Feb 10, 2013
    Short version: one of the greatest games of all time!

Long version: The alternate-history storyline was really good and imaginative, and the color palette really made me feel like I was in WW2-era Europe. The weapons were a great mix of realistic and over-the-top sci-fi, and great fun to shoot. The enemy designs were awesome, and the level design was greatly varied to keep things
    Short version: one of the greatest games of all time!

Long version:
    The alternate-history storyline was really good and imaginative, and the color palette really made me feel like I was in WW2-era Europe. The weapons were a great mix of realistic and over-the-top sci-fi, and great fun to shoot. The enemy designs were awesome, and the level design was greatly varied to keep things interesting: some were very battle-action-oriented, and others were more creepy and tense. Then the developers made a great game into a super-awesome game by including unlimited weapons, vehicle segments, health packs, split-screen co-op (rare these days), and 4-way split-screen multiplayer (ultra-rare). And the soundtrack is excellent and fits the game perfectly with its militaristic sci-fi vibe! This is the game that got me back into FPS gaming.
  58. Jun 9, 2013
    As no surprise developer Insomniac games crafted a flawless shooter incorporating an immersive world, tight and satisfying gunplay, exceptional writing, top notch voice acting, and enough creative weaponry to make Charlton Heston jealous. However, what does come as a surprise is that this game does not include Ratchet or a lovable robot sidekick named Clank nor does it support a lavishlyAs no surprise developer Insomniac games crafted a flawless shooter incorporating an immersive world, tight and satisfying gunplay, exceptional writing, top notch voice acting, and enough creative weaponry to make Charlton Heston jealous. However, what does come as a surprise is that this game does not include Ratchet or a lovable robot sidekick named Clank nor does it support a lavishly comedic and cartoony overworld. This game is Resistance Fall of Man and it kicks serious human/alien hybrid butt! Hats off to Insomniac for having the versatility and skill to step outside their comfort zone of colorful characters and sarcastic one liners set in an E rated third person world to go with something a little more dark, a little more adult. In terms of setting and characters Resistance is the antithesis of Ratchet and Clank, it is a gloomy albeit spectacular setting splashed with a fittingly washed out color pallet of grey and greyer. The world is beautifully ugly with its war torn colorless version of alternate history WWII England. The art direction while mired by some wonderfully depicts the bleak desperateness of war with crumbling buildings, dilapidated 1940's cars lining the streets, and vicious alien hybrids snarling about. Yes, a wonderfully rendered and possibly the best alternate history WWII setting ever created. With a frighteningly scary and ferocious antagonist dubbed (the Chimera) an alien/human hybrid originating from a virus within the walls of a fictional Russia finally breaking out after a ten year incubation period and deadset on devouring europe. These fierce enemies are daunting and numerous while physically imposing they stand seven feet tall with claws and razor sharp teeth, all this with the adeptness to accurately shoot superior weaponry, organize, and sometimes even out think their opponents. The Chimera shine as an all time foe with advanced AI and a varied attack from flanking to simply rushing the opponent with the ferocity of an angry, drunken ex husband. These killing machines come in many different sub species each designed to excel in different areas offering a multitude of ways to kill you. You are the protagonist American soldier and soon to be legend Nathan Hale and you are a badass. Hale is a great character though a little stiff and lacking emotion those are likely traits one would need to survive in that hell. Early into the game a great plot twist arises as you become the sole survivor. Hale is supported in battle by a bastion of nondescript british soldiers who ultimately become human target practice. In contrast his allies shine in a feisty british army captain who teams with Hale in many of the games missions but the real star is Rachel Parker. As british intelligence Rachel Parker narrates the entirety of the game as if she is telling a vaunted story. With a beautifully accented voice and convincing dialogue she also appears in many cutscenes and steals the show.The single player is paced well and comes in at a respectable ten plus hours with few huge boss fights but many mini boss fights. The combat is fast and aggressive and starkly different from Gears of War style fps's with much of the games cover at least semi destructable, and dont take cover behind cars for too long as they will eventually blow up. Surely Insomniac has influenced a generation of developers with the amazing weapon creativity and pure funness they are to weild with new deadlier and weirder guns which can only be found in multiple play throughs As well the game boasts a Ratchet e Clank type skill point system where you are rewarded for completing a variety of objectives from killing enemies with a certain gun to finding all 37 intel items to turning foes into meat cubes.It also includes a 12 gun weapon wheel letting you carry a small armory with you which is needless to say awsome considering just how cool these weapons are, and you will need them all as they are all unique.This game is not a typical WWII fps or a sterile Halo game, it has realism and truly interesting subject matter unlike the steriod infused fun but rather ungripping tale that is Gears of War. It is more interesting than Call of Duty and has a MUCH better gun arsenal than any of them. Besides one gun in Gears of War all other AAA FPS guns pale in comparison to most of the Resistance guns. If you claim to be a ps3 fan it should have been a day1 buy. The multiplayer is solid and lag free and supports great perks as well as on or offline coop. 9.75/10 for originality and interesting subject matter, great innovative guns, satisfying art direction, great voice acting, tight gun play, fun skill point system, replayability, and well conceived multiplayer. This game is timeless and will hold up in any generation congrats to Insomniac for flipping the script on us and crafting a great new IP and creating a new fascinating world of fiction. Expand
  59. May 30, 2014
    If you want to play an original and traditional first person shooter though have a less outdated feel whilst playing, then Resistance: Fall of Man is for you. This game is hard...really hard, and enjoys to keep the action short and sweet, but with a huge bang. Resistance is a long game for its genre, and is full of collectibles and achievements which obtain skill points to unlock goodiesIf you want to play an original and traditional first person shooter though have a less outdated feel whilst playing, then Resistance: Fall of Man is for you. This game is hard...really hard, and enjoys to keep the action short and sweet, but with a huge bang. Resistance is a long game for its genre, and is full of collectibles and achievements which obtain skill points to unlock goodies such as concept art. While the M.P. may be gone forever, the offline M.P. and offline cooperative mode for campaign are both worth a purchase. Resistance: Fall of Man is one of the best first-person shooters of all time. Expand
  60. BobM.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Simply the best FPS graphics in gaming history. Great gameplay and storyline!!!
  61. MathewD.
    Jan 4, 2007
    I give it an 9 because the map is hard to understand and along with the radar. The game was made where the alliens(or whatever they are) have fast speed and can see heat through walls as an advantage, and humans can see people on the radar on the map as an advantage over them, and they can also crouch. So can it be an advantage if you can not read the map very well. Other than that it was I give it an 9 because the map is hard to understand and along with the radar. The game was made where the alliens(or whatever they are) have fast speed and can see heat through walls as an advantage, and humans can see people on the radar on the map as an advantage over them, and they can also crouch. So can it be an advantage if you can not read the map very well. Other than that it was a very very good game, I would give it a 10 for graphics and storyline, and an 8 for the screen and player view (radar, map etc.). Expand
  62. KurtisH.
    Jan 7, 2007
    Great game. Nice story line and gameplay. I hate FPS's but this game rocks.
  63. RodB.
    Mar 5, 2007
    This game has all the elements that make a great game and it avoids pitfalls that ruin many an otherwise good game. It has good sound effects with no annoying repetition; great graphics with interaction possible with many of the game elements; engaging plot that is well developed and tastefully narrated. If you like FPS games, you will like this one.
  64. Barry
    Oct 4, 2007
    Awesome. Great graphics (even better than Halo 3's and it's been out many more months) and the gameplay is sound.. multiplayer is a blast, probably the best the PS3 for a good few months.
  65. MarkK.
    Apr 29, 2007
    A truly engaging game, driven with quite a well narrated story. While I thought Gears of War was better all-round, Resistance outshone it in the narrative and did a good job of establishing an identity that hopefully will develop with a sequel. Recommended wholeheartedly.
  66. TreyM.
    Apr 3, 2007
    If your rating this against Halo then your being a biased fanbou/girl. This game is not Halo, it is not Half-Life and it is not Call of Duty. It borrows elements from all of the games and makes one amazing game. The narration was compelling and the graphics were stunning. The end left ou wanting more and left you KNOWING you would get more. Multiplayer mode was also very entertaining, If your rating this against Halo then your being a biased fanbou/girl. This game is not Halo, it is not Half-Life and it is not Call of Duty. It borrows elements from all of the games and makes one amazing game. The narration was compelling and the graphics were stunning. The end left ou wanting more and left you KNOWING you would get more. Multiplayer mode was also very entertaining, though it could use more open maps. The weapons were my favorite aspect of the game, each one making you think of a strategy! Get this game PS3 owners. The End. Expand
  67. DanB
    May 3, 2007
    This is way more enjoyable (and varied) than say, Gears of Bore or Halo 2. Some of the graphics are superb and multiplayer is awesome. The PS3 is running this without breaking a sweat too!! Consider that its a launch title (think the forgettable Perfect Dark Z) and imagine what Resistance 2 is going to be like.......buy this now.........
  68. Dan
    May 6, 2007
    I think this is a great launch game for the ps3. It is a solid FPS and boasts crisp graphics and a compelling storyline. Even on a standard TV, the game is beautifully realised with some excellent attention to detail. The levels are generally well planned and the AI, whilst not exceptional, will offer even the most experienced of a gamers a run for their money. All this, coupled with a I think this is a great launch game for the ps3. It is a solid FPS and boasts crisp graphics and a compelling storyline. Even on a standard TV, the game is beautifully realised with some excellent attention to detail. The levels are generally well planned and the AI, whilst not exceptional, will offer even the most experienced of a gamers a run for their money. All this, coupled with a very efficient online mode represent very good value. Well done Insomnia, it will be interesting to see what happens next on this platform as the programmers tap into the power of PS3. Sony were right to delay the launch of their console rather than rush to the production lines like Microsoft. Liittle wonder that, Microsoft are already working on an upgraded 360 system. Expand
  69. AaronB.
    Oct 8, 2008
    Wow!!! an amazing experience! this game contains so much action! though this game reminds me of war of the worlds movie. the online of this game is epic !!! this game is a must have for all ps3 users just one amazing experience!!!
  70. ZackaryS.
    Oct 9, 2008
    This game is the reason i bought a PS3 and i was not disappointed. its a very good game its in my top 15 fav the only thing thats i don't like is some of the online components but its still a very strong excellent titles.
  71. MontyG.
    Feb 3, 2008
    A complete package of a game. Solid single player with a surprisingly effective narrative structure, and addictive multiplayer that steps in as the 'halo' for PS3.
  72. danieln.
    Jun 13, 2008
    The graphic are quite good but not superb which for me is the only reason this game doesn't get 10 out of 10. The storying line has quite a few twists and is quite detailed. The storyline is also a breath of fresh air, this game is superb considering that this is a release title and this game won't be topped for a while
  73. DaveB.
    Dec 3, 2006
    I'm generally a Noob when it comes to first-person shooters, So I didn't really know what to expect from it. I have to say I was impressed with the smoothness of movement, the visuals, and the controls.
  74. ChaseR.
    Dec 6, 2006
    I am not to sure about what the nay sayers are talking about. The attention to detail regarding graphics, smoothness of motion and effects, AI's ((Hard Mode)), and the feel of this game are great. Especially the graphics! ((If you don't agree you need to get a high def TV obviously)) Its almost like watching a movie during game play. It can give a actual challenge on campaign I am not to sure about what the nay sayers are talking about. The attention to detail regarding graphics, smoothness of motion and effects, AI's ((Hard Mode)), and the feel of this game are great. Especially the graphics! ((If you don't agree you need to get a high def TV obviously)) Its almost like watching a movie during game play. It can give a actual challenge on campaign mode to even the better gamers. Last but not least the online gaming is great also. Fast pace run and gun action with all the fun details that only Resistance offers. BTW> Blue Ray is the future! This game literally takes nothing out of the processing power of the PS3! 360 is nothing....... Expand
  75. Jitty
    Mar 12, 2007
    I've been playing this game for weeks and I beat the game on medium and am working on hard. And I'd have to say that this game is... very fun, isn't revolutionary but it doesn't need to be. It's a fun, solid shooter. And I would recommend it to almost anyone who is willing to try it with an open mind. I give it a 9.0 because some of the textures weren't good I've been playing this game for weeks and I beat the game on medium and am working on hard. And I'd have to say that this game is... very fun, isn't revolutionary but it doesn't need to be. It's a fun, solid shooter. And I would recommend it to almost anyone who is willing to try it with an open mind. I give it a 9.0 because some of the textures weren't good and because yes, it wasn't revolutionary. Expand
  76. VersemS.
    Jun 26, 2007
    This game was the beginning step to the rise of the Playstation 3 with good graphics and story. It had great level design and the Chimeran weapons are quite creative. The use of the SIXAXIS is pretty exciting when an enemy jumps onto you. The online multiplayer supports up to 40 players while offline you have 4 which is really fun with some friends. Resistance: Fall of Man is a great FPS This game was the beginning step to the rise of the Playstation 3 with good graphics and story. It had great level design and the Chimeran weapons are quite creative. The use of the SIXAXIS is pretty exciting when an enemy jumps onto you. The online multiplayer supports up to 40 players while offline you have 4 which is really fun with some friends. Resistance: Fall of Man is a great FPS and once you begin you can find yourself playing for hours. Expand
  77. AndrewT.
    Jul 10, 2007
    I love this game i could play multiplayer with friends everyday, i think the best game i ever played.
  78. RickS.
    Jul 5, 2007
    I've clocked this games in every mode and every level including superhuman, I have thousands of on-line kills and I STILL want to play it.
  79. LukeR.
    Apr 28, 2008
    A very good game that got me into FPS again. It was also my first game online and boy is it hectic and fun. The single player is entertaining but the most fun is in the multiplayer.
  80. Knightmare!
    Dec 6, 2006
    Well, well!! apparently some individuales didn't do their homework, or just did'nt pay attention. The game is awesome compared to some other games. Pay attention to detail! and there is enough of it in this game. Things you would not be able to see in ps2 games you would see in this game. Like the reflective walls in the underground processing base of the chimera. With closer Well, well!! apparently some individuales didn't do their homework, or just did'nt pay attention. The game is awesome compared to some other games. Pay attention to detail! and there is enough of it in this game. Things you would not be able to see in ps2 games you would see in this game. Like the reflective walls in the underground processing base of the chimera. With closer look see you could see the excellent detail that was put in. And the character models of the enemy look really good up close. There are things about the game that are frantic and fun to say the least. and to play co-op in story mode on a big screen high def TV is bananas! So all you youngstas leavin "1's" need to leave the "PS3's" to the grown folks and stick with your Halo's. Expand
  81. AidanS.
    Jan 19, 2007
    I'm not a huge fan of most FPS, but this is one of my favorite games in the last 5 or 6 years. The great weapons (you unlock more and more as you beat it) and the amazingly detailed levels really make the game a blast. Just unlocked superhuman difficulty and plan on beating it on that. Multiplayer is fun and unique. I wouldn't say the game is as good as HL2, but I enjoyed it I'm not a huge fan of most FPS, but this is one of my favorite games in the last 5 or 6 years. The great weapons (you unlock more and more as you beat it) and the amazingly detailed levels really make the game a blast. Just unlocked superhuman difficulty and plan on beating it on that. Multiplayer is fun and unique. I wouldn't say the game is as good as HL2, but I enjoyed it more than any others. Highly recomended to anyone, amazing for a launch title and huge congrats to Insomniac for making a great game on their first attempt at a FPS. Collapse
  82. M.M.
    Dec 30, 2007
    This is a great FPS. Intruiging storyline, outstanding co-op and multiplayer modes, comprehensive online too, creative and tactical weapons and excellent atmosphere and level design all combine to make this a must-play game. And all this from a launch title! One of the best FPS games I have played. Highly Recommended.
  83. AlecB.
    Dec 28, 2006
    This is easily the best ps3 game out right now. The action is intense and gory. Action packed all the way from start to finish. Resistance and Call of Duty 3 are really the only games I play for PS3.
  84. Sep 27, 2010
    the first game i got for my PS3 was this game. its a very fun FPS game thats fairly long compared to most about 10-12 hours. the gun selection is insane you get around 18 guns and 5 differnt granade types some like the backlash grenade are just sick idea's and are cool to use. i like the fact you are not limeted to just a few guns which has become the current trend in alot of FPS games . ithe first game i got for my PS3 was this game. its a very fun FPS game thats fairly long compared to most about 10-12 hours. the gun selection is insane you get around 18 guns and 5 differnt granade types some like the backlash grenade are just sick idea's and are cool to use. i like the fact you are not limeted to just a few guns which has become the current trend in alot of FPS games . i love carrying a arsenal into battle with me . the story is fairly intresting but will leave you with some question marks . the graphics are ok they are not mind blowing but this is a PS3 launch game. the enimy AI is pretty smart they will ducj and dive for cover or out of the way of your grenades . yjeu will try and suppress you and rush or come at you guns a blazing . the best way you can describe this game is it takes all the cool things done in fps games and hybrids them into one game. that being said its also one of the flaws the game is alot of fun but theres nothing really that seperates it from any thing els . the online also did nothing for me i played it for a few jours and felt no reason to do it again . the story mode was alot of fun though played through it a few times and enjoyed it. Expand
  85. Oct 19, 2010
    Fantastic game. The single player creates a great story that gives you the sense you are fighting a war you cannot win. However, the game really earns this score due to it's expansive multiplayer. Very balanced gameplay with a large variety of great maps and fun weapons make the online a great experience.
  86. Jan 27, 2012
    Even though this game is six years old it still manages to hold it's own against other newer shooters, and that's saying a lot, the graphics do show age but the sound design is still fantastic, and the controls are tight and feel great, you can still find matches online but honestly I didn't find the multiplayer all that enjoyable but hey at least it's still got it, and the fact thatEven though this game is six years old it still manages to hold it's own against other newer shooters, and that's saying a lot, the graphics do show age but the sound design is still fantastic, and the controls are tight and feel great, you can still find matches online but honestly I didn't find the multiplayer all that enjoyable but hey at least it's still got it, and the fact that people still play it says something about how popular of a game this is, the best part of the game and the reason you should buy this is for the phenomenal campaign, while the story or characters aren't all that interesting or great, the set pieces are, and it reminds me of older shooters like Doom 3 in the way it manages to be a challenge without ever really feeling overly difficult, maybe a little frustrating in one or two parts but it never felt like the game was trying to work against me, and it helps that they give you one of the best FPS arsenals of all time, and checkpoints are generally very forgiving, especially seeing as how you get full health after you respawn at a checkpoint, and it includes two player local co-op, and new weapons are unlocked after you beat the campaign so that adds reason to play through it twice just to try out the new toys, honestly if your a fan of good challenging shooters then this is a must buy, I highly recommend. Expand
  87. Apr 12, 2011
    I played this game for the first time in 2011 and i find it still to be one of the best games on the ps3. Users who play this after the likes of Black Ops will surely whinge about how it can't compare, but in all honesty this game is brilliant. One of the best campaign's ever, cannot wait to play resistance 2 and then 3!
  88. Jul 10, 2011
    In my fun factor, Resistance is like a rival for Gears of War, i had fun but not blown away. The story is nice, the arsenal weapons are in a large scale. Strong title for the PS3 and also the Halo for the PS3, i;m happy that Sony created a good rival.
  89. May 31, 2012
    8.5 - Resistance is a fine FPS with a wonderful sense of scope. Playing for the first time almost 6 years after it's release, I finally understand the excitement revolving around the game. Great voice acting, fair character animations, and an intriguing (if unexplored) world and fiction. A fairly strong sense of pacing keeps this game from getting too dull, as some parts remind of the8.5 - Resistance is a fine FPS with a wonderful sense of scope. Playing for the first time almost 6 years after it's release, I finally understand the excitement revolving around the game. Great voice acting, fair character animations, and an intriguing (if unexplored) world and fiction. A fairly strong sense of pacing keeps this game from getting too dull, as some parts remind of the great Half Life 2. The incredible, versatile, and creative arsenal that you have at your disposal is a blast to play around with. Resistance truly gives the player tools of destruction to blast quickly through hoards of enemies, making each encounter blisteringly fast paced instead of a dull and boring. The most commendable feature of Resistance is the art direction. Aside from the surprisingly sharp graphics (that trump some games of today), the looming Chimeran structures in the distance and the incredible amounts of detail gone into the creatures and world itself is truly astounding. Browns, greys, and blacks fill the color pallet, but I only feel that this is frowned upon due to playing so many other "brown FPS" games in recent years. Insomniac has some brilliantly creative minds. There are times when Resistance begins to tear at the seams, and difficulty spikes near the end prove frustrating and cheap, but Resistance: Fall of Man is a highly polished and exciting FPS that delivers all the intensity, intrigue, and chaos of a top tier FPS. And it's so cheap now, it's almost a crime not to give it a try! Expand
  90. Jan 26, 2012
    This game is definitely one of the best fps games I've ever played. Right up there with Halo,Bioshock,Doom, and Medal of honor witch are my favorite fps franchises. Resistance has a huge place in history. Despite graphics not at its best. It was a great game.
  91. Sep 29, 2013
    "Resistance: Fall of Man" es un first person shooter de ciencia ficción inteligente que, en un minuto de juego sabe hacerte entender que, en realidad es uno de los títulos de PlayStation 2 más jugado en mucho tiempo desde 2006 que traspasó las ventas. Yo me encuentro entre esas personas; "Resistance: Fall of Man" es un juego vicioso para los que les gusten los videojuegos de disparos en"Resistance: Fall of Man" es un first person shooter de ciencia ficción inteligente que, en un minuto de juego sabe hacerte entender que, en realidad es uno de los títulos de PlayStation 2 más jugado en mucho tiempo desde 2006 que traspasó las ventas. Yo me encuentro entre esas personas; "Resistance: Fall of Man" es un juego vicioso para los que les gusten los videojuegos de disparos en primera persona tipo "Killzone". Expand

From start to finish, Fall of Man is one hell of an outstanding roller coaster ride that every last PS3 owner needs for day one...Above all else, it's the multiplayer elements that truly ascend this one to the next level. It's a must have for sure.
  2. When you kill an enemy it doesn't disappear and when you blow up part of the near fully destructible environments the pieces don't go away either. The obvious power of the PS3 and the masterful coding work of the developers let everything stay on screen all the time while never taking a frame hit. This is an incredible accomplishment for a launch game on any system. [JPN Import]
    Resistance falls a little short of being the hoped-for "Halo-killer," but with a package that would be considered complete by any standards, it delivers a launch classic, and it lives up to its billing as the PS3's killer app.