0.9

Overwhelming dislike- based on 184 Ratings

1. Jun 27, 2013
    I gave this game a 0 not because that's what I think it deserves, but because that's the lowest I'm able to give.

DO NOT BUY.
    And if you get this game because someone gifted it to you, cease any contact with them because playing this game is worse than having nails shoved up your nostrils.
  2. Jun 29, 2013
    This game is just a pile of garbage. I am the type of person who would try to look at the bright side of everything (this game has one redeeming quality). The game falls short on many, if not all, key points of what makes a game a game. The graphics are alright in some places, but absolutely terrible in many more. The games mechanics are super clunky and unresponsive. The game also lacksThis game is just a pile of garbage. I am the type of person who would try to look at the bright side of everything (this game has one redeeming quality). The game falls short on many, if not all, key points of what makes a game a game. The graphics are alright in some places, but absolutely terrible in many more. The games mechanics are super clunky and unresponsive. The game also lacks visual and audible feedback letting you know if you're doing something right or wrong. Sound is by far the worst part of this game. It lacks a lot of sound effects, and the ones that it does have are awful. For example, this is a biker game. One of the key points of a biker game is the motorcycle. The bikes in this game literally sound like weed wackers. The game's ONE redeeming factor is the music, only because they use proprietary licenses instead of in-house music. The one redeeming factor, however, doesn't matter if music isn't played. Many a level I went through without music ever playing. Checkpointing is piss poor, story is uninspired, combat is bad, multiplayer is boring. Just don't buy this game. This is an example of a quickly put together game made solely for profit. Expand
  3. Jun 29, 2013
    Worse than anyone can imagine should be avoided by everyone on earth.

Zero gameplay, disgusting controls, production values from the toilet.

Expect returned copies to be sitting alongside ET very soon.
  4. Nov 9, 2013
    This game needs to be praised... for how terrible it is. This game is so random and muddy and the dialogue is done so terribly you would think it was a comedy. Do not ever think about this game. Its a waste of time even thinking about it let alone playing it.
  5. Mar 11, 2014
    This is the WORST F?&*ING piece of crap ever. It is a legal means of torture. This GAME is cr*p just EVERYTHING about this game sucks!
    DO NOT BUY THIS!!!
  6. ERB
    Aug 31, 2013
    I can't believe Deep Silver would make such a terrible game!The story of this game is confusing,terrible and worst.I mean at the start of this game you go riding at your motorcycle then suddenly you go kill some people with your turret and then you go ride your motorcycle again then suddenly you go beat up a guy.I mean how did that happen?how did I went there?This is so random!And theI can't believe Deep Silver would make such a terrible game!The story of this game is confusing,terrible and worst.I mean at the start of this game you go riding at your motorcycle then suddenly you go kill some people with your turret and then you go ride your motorcycle again then suddenly you go beat up a guy.I mean how did that happen?how did I went there?This is so random!And the graphics of this game is so terrible!I mean it looks like a 2004 game rather than a 2013 game.It feels outdated.

And not just that the game play of this game is so messy and terrible I would rather not finish the game because its to boring!And I also hate this game because the enemies of this game is so easy!I mean almost all the enemies of this game are dumb I mean its like they just wanted to die rather than to kill you!I mean they always charge at you and you can easily kill them because they move so slow[Except for other enemies of this game].And not just that the voice acting is so bad that I almost want to laught at it except that this game is not funny!But one thing for sure that this game didn't get a score of 0 from me its because Its a PS3 game.I always loved PS3 games because almost all PS3 games I've played is so cool and awesome[except for this one].And I couldn't believe why I bought this game.Maybe because the title of this game is awesome.But I should tell you this guys"Don't ever buy this stupid game"Its not even worth your money and time.[So far this is the longest game review I've ever had.]
  7. Oct 13, 2013
    Ride To Hell Is not even a game worth buying. Its so bad, I would use this for naughty kids on Christmas, instead of coal. It is a disaster of a game. Garbage, please don't go out and buy this! Its for your own good...
  8. Mar 15, 2014
    This failure will make your soul cry in agony. Dont Play it, Dont buy it, dont think about it, never think about it, if you want to end a friendship give your friend this failure
  9. Apr 27, 2014
    This game is a crime, It is absolutely unplayable. The graphics are awful, the game play is awful, the story is awful and don't get my me started on the voice acting. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!
  10. Aug 20, 2014
    Ride to hell lives up to its title, this game gives the complete exp of hell to you in one game. Playing this game is very bad.STAY AWAY. Enjoying it and calling it a good game is sin in itself. It is funny for the first few minutes because of laughable physics, awful driving mechanic, screwed up bike sound effects and horrible voice acting but soon becomes repetitive. This game hasRide to hell lives up to its title, this game gives the complete exp of hell to you in one game. Playing this game is very bad.STAY AWAY. Enjoying it and calling it a good game is sin in itself. It is funny for the first few minutes because of laughable physics, awful driving mechanic, screwed up bike sound effects and horrible voice acting but soon becomes repetitive. This game has extremely bad graphics and the most insulting sex scenes in a game it will make you feel ashamed about yourself for playing the game. It is just bad DONT PLAY RIDE TO HELL : RETRIBUTION EVER. Expand
  11. Sep 12, 2014
    FLY OF TO THE WALL AND EXPLODE LY OF TO THE WALL AND EXPLODE LY OF DFSADFADAdsdasdTO THE WALL AND EXPLODE LY OF TO THE WALL AND EXPLODE LY OF TO THE WALL AND EXPLODE
  12. Jul 15, 2014
    This game is quite possibly one of, if not the worst game ever made. Mechanically it's simply broken with controls that don't work, characters and objects that just explode for no reason, gameplay that lacks any real pacing, and enough graphics and audio glitches; including entire sections that lack background sounds or sound effects completely, that I consider this a defective product andThis game is quite possibly one of, if not the worst game ever made. Mechanically it's simply broken with controls that don't work, characters and objects that just explode for no reason, gameplay that lacks any real pacing, and enough graphics and audio glitches; including entire sections that lack background sounds or sound effects completely, that I consider this a defective product and demanded a full refund.

Worse than all that though is this game is outright offensive. Glorifying violence and sex on the most base and childish levels, you literally save women from thugs regularly for which they reward you with sex, fully clothed sex mind you... we can't have nudity now can we.

This debased and disgusting game is an insult to everyone. It's insulting to women, treating them as nothing but sex objects and trophies, it's insulting to men depicting us all as violent thugs who only do things if there's a promise of sex at the end, it's insulting to gamers that the developers presume we're all such pathetic lonely sad-acts that this hamfisted shoehorning of sex into the game would be appealing, and it's insulting to society that they dared to release this at retail and charge money for it. I sincerely hope that anyone involved in this abysmal game never works in this industry again, they should all be ashamed of themselves.
  13. Jun 28, 2013
    Well, Ride to Hell: Retribution does what it says, it's your retribution for riding to hell, a true ride to hell.

Oh, and to reach the 150 min I can add that citizenkaneofvi rated all three PC, PS3 and X360 versions 10, since I love justice I'm gonna bulldoze it's 10s on all the platforms.

What a missed chance of an interesting idea.
  14. Nov 4, 2013
    Ride to Hell Retribution is the best worst game ever made. Your character will randomly explode for no apparent reason. The driving mechanics are sloppy and make the gameplay even more bewildering than it already is. The graphics and textures feel like they're from a bad ps2 game. The cutscenes are laughably bad as are the fully clothed "sex scenes." Combat in the game consists of a threeRide to Hell Retribution is the best worst game ever made. Your character will randomly explode for no apparent reason. The driving mechanics are sloppy and make the gameplay even more bewildering than it already is. The graphics and textures feel like they're from a bad ps2 game. The cutscenes are laughably bad as are the fully clothed "sex scenes." Combat in the game consists of a three combo punching headbutt and kick style that's shallow and ridiculous, and every cutscene starts without all the textures loaded in. The game sometimes crashes behind load screens, dear God, if I keep listing all the problems this game has this review will never end. It is quite possibly the worst game I've ever played, and that's why you should buy it. I got it for $10 and everytime I show it to my friends we all laugh and have a great time. You have to see it to believe it. If The Room or Troll 2 was to have a videogame equivalent, it would be Ride to Hell Retribution. I'm giving it a 9 only because of the entertainment value otherwise it'd be a zero. Expand
  15. Aug 3, 2013
    This game suffers from Duke Nukem forever sindrom.Ride to hell was suposed to be relesed in 2009 so that is why this game is on unreal engine 3 .Creators of the game had problems with money,so they did this game without testing is just to put it in stores for in my contry high price 60
  16. Jan 8, 2014
    Worst piece of crap i ever seen and since it still out still cost 69 bucks for game that totally broken make brink game of the year to this rubbish

i seen game play it lucky i never bought it who want to buy a game that crap Deep sliver should of just waited play game once it was finish even if it was still in bloody complete they should of just Trashed it already
  17. Sep 12, 2014
    FLY OFF TO THE WALL AND EXPLODE also, potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad
  18. Apr 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Deep silver has had a difficult history in making games. But who would have thought they would set the bar so high that no upcoming game with any anticipation could possibly match it? Ride to Hell: Retribution is a genre defying masterpiece that combine all gaming elements such as third person shooting, free roaming environments, beat em' up, action adventure, rock and roll themes. The story is by far the most complex and detailed masterpiece I've ever seen in a game. Jake Conway who has recently been divorced for two years, awakes one day to find his peaceful home town being invaded by a small army of American cyborgs claiming the world would be a better place if it we're run by a gigantic mother core they are planning to insert in the Earths core. And thus begins an epic tale of redemption and battle for freedom. Since I can give away plot points ,I was intrigued to find that the robots were actually attacking them because they found that the human race was secretly hiding them, and trying to weaponise them against enemy forces. I was also extremely shaken by the cut scene where Jake ruthlessly guns down dozens of robots and then he takes a sewing pin, pulls out their robotic cores, puts it on the end of a long metal pole and pretends to be a predator. Since it's a sandbox game, there are over a hundred vehicles to choose from. All of which are brilliantly designed to the tiny amount of smoke coming from the exhaust, to the reflection of the sun on the roof. Also you can customise them of course. I found a hilarious customisation where you can put colourful banner on the side of the car saying "Deep Silver are the best!!!" It's actually quite hard to pinpoint my favourite part of this masterpiece. Perhaps the part where Jake and a robot the size of the Empire State Building battle on the sun. Or maybe the part where Jake's brother swallows a radioactive LEGO brick and breaks up into a thousand Lego men which is used to take down a boss by disassembling it chip by chip. My one criticism with Ride to Hell is the beginning where Jake shows sympathy towards his uncle who has treated him wrongly for nine years. But I suppose Deep Silver shows this as some sort of character development. I heard that there may be two more games from this one. This worries me, because I mentioned that they have. Set the bar very high. But I'm confident that the Ride to Hell franchise will go down in history as "the game that changed the world."

(PS this is a joke)
  19. Mar 14, 2014
    This may just be the best game that has ever appeared in the history of mankind. There are no words for this game other than there few : amazing, hellaswag
  20. Feb 18, 2014
    Don't get me wrong this game is absolutely terrible. The physics make no sense and this causes some hilarious glitches. I invited friends round and played the first 3 hours of the game together and I can honestly say I have never had more fun playing a game. The storyline makes no sense and for some utterly ridiculous reason the characters never use any names. At the start the "brother" ofDon't get me wrong this game is absolutely terrible. The physics make no sense and this causes some hilarious glitches. I invited friends round and played the first 3 hours of the game together and I can honestly say I have never had more fun playing a game. The storyline makes no sense and for some utterly ridiculous reason the characters never use any names. At the start the "brother" of Jake is describing a girl and says she likes "bands". not any specific type of bands just bands in general. This lack of description is actually humerous.

Buy this game if you want to have a laugh with friends but if you are on your own make sure you play with a cyanide capsule.
  21. Apr 12, 2014
    It is the greatest game of all time.it is worth the seventy dollars to buy it like the guy form celvenang im soory that the guy did not have to heal roanlf mragcdonald
  22. Jul 15, 2013
    Not the best game i've ever played, but not the worst either, i have neither clawed out my eyes, or worshipped. Should have got the price right, it's budget baby.
  23. Sis
    Dec 16, 2013
    My favorite game of all time. Ratchet & Clank, because this is the biggest masterpiece I have ever seen. Why, because it has MC's and guns! Rock on!!
  24. Feb 7, 2015
    Ride to Hell: Retribution got absolutely panned when it came out. Not quite content to dub it as the worst game of 2013, many companies since then have declared it to be one of the worst games of all time. Five minutes into playing this game, I immediately saw why.

Right off the bat, simply looking at the game will let you know how poorly made it is. The graphics are absolutely terrible, consisting of blurry backgrounds, terrible character models (of which there are only five for all females), and has constant texture pop-in every time a scene loads. Sometimes the textures fail to appear before a cutscene ends, which is confusing considering the lack of detail in every environment, character, and enemy should prevent this from happening.

The sound design is horrendous. The voice acting is so terrible that it could easily give the original Resident Evil a run for it's money, and the motorcycles in the game sound closer to weed-whackers rather than something resembling a bike. If a sound effect doesn't sound terrible to you, it's probably because it's not actually in the game. Many sound effects are straight up missing, leaving you confused as to why a vehicle is actually running considering the engine doesn't seem to be turned on as you pass it.

Despite the obvious lack of production value in the graphics and sound design, Retribution could've made all of it up if it had the gameplay done right, but unsurprisingly, the game got all of that wrong as well.

The shooting feels lazily made, with aiming that is so claustrophobic and stiff that precision doesn't is non-existent. This only serves to screw you considering every enemy is a walking bullet sponge that will only go down realistically with a single headshot. With the terrible aiming in place, trying to accomplish this on every enemy becomes a challenge in its own. The cover system barely works as it only serves to leave your head completely exposed, meaning taking cover while you're low on health only helps to seal your fate. It also doesn't help that the cover and dodge move are linked to the same button, so trying to dodge a grenade will often cause you to stay in place of it's destination. Speaking of which, any explosion near your character causes him to exit cover like an idiot and leave himself exposed to enemy fire while he dazedly stumbles around. Each flaw is bad by itself, but it only gets worse when they all come to a head, creating punishingly difficult sections where your only hope is for the enemy A.I. to mess up and make your job easier (This is literally why I beat the final level of the game, since the one enemy who had been killing me decided to fire his rocket launcher at a pole instead).

Melee combat is just a poor imitation of the Arkham games that barely works, causing you to shoot down any enemies attempting to fist fight you instead or dropping your guns and leaving yourself exposed to enemy fire. Plus, fighting is littered with quick time events that are so easy the lack of challenge is just insulting to your intelligence.

This all being said, the game is rarely difficult, but the few times you die will only cause you to rage quit when you see just how far back the game sets you due to the terrible checkpoint system.

The only gameplay off foot are the driving sequences, in which you'll have to drive overly long distances to reach your destination, and you'll do this by dealing with the oversensitive steering and lack of a reverse button. Try to back up or get pushed back an inch by crashing into an obstacle at break-neck speeds and the game will simply reset you on the track. Have this happen too much and the game will kill you off by throwing you into the side of the track and have your bike explode against your will.

The one good thing this game probably has is the decent bike customization, with an extensive array of options, but when you're put on a linear track where seeing the side of your bike usually means you're dead, it's kind of hard to care about customizing your bike considering there's little pay off or reason to due so. The terrible graphics only make the decision easier.

By the time you finish Retribution, the game's cliched story and characters leave you less than satisfied. Any important death or plot twist leaves you unfazed, and by the end you won't care about any of the characters involved. My own character could've died at the end and I probably wouldn't have even batted an eye, or I would've simply smiled out of happiness.

Overall, after experiencing the game for myself, suffering through it's terrible graphics, sound design, story, and gameplay, I can honestly say that all of the hate going towards Ride to Hell is one hundred percent justified. Unlike other games that fail to function or have mechanics that don't work, Ride to Hell actually manages to work just as intended, which only makes it all the more sad that the game is actually functioning the way it was meant to.
  25. May 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Anyone who says this game is awesome is OUT OF THEIR **** MIND! I mean honestly this game is really horrible. Everything about it sucks! The Story is doesn't make any sense, the combat sucks, the sound effects are horrendous, and the voice acting, Oh my god its terrible. So do not ever get this game. If you've seen Angry Joes review on this game he pretty much sums it up. Expand
  26. Sep 12, 2014
    This game is possibly the largest piece of S*** ever! how in Gods name can someone release this! I got for free and I still want my money back! F*** THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!
  27. Nov 8, 2014
    This game **** sucks.The graphics are horrendous and the game play is awful. Never buy it even if it pops up as a free download. That's all you need to know.
  28. Nov 21, 2014
    This game has no redeeming features and one of the worst games ever made. I brought it because it was 50p and you know, how bad can it be? Well I feel conned of my 50 pence and I might just go and return it. I deserve compensation for having 50p that I worked hard for taken away from me.
    This game is awful in every imaginable way, everything is tediously bad and the game is broken. Everything is awful, everything.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 4 Critics

1. If The Last of Us is gaming’s Citizen Kane moment, this is its Plan 9 From Outer Space. [September 2013, p73]
  2. Jul 30, 2013
    Disastrous. There are no more adjectives to describe a title like Ride to Hell: Retribution.
  3. Riding to actual Hell over 1000 miles of broken glass using your own scrotum as a toboggan would be more enjoyable.