0.9

Overwhelming dislike- based on 169 Ratings

1. Jun 27, 2013
    I gave this game a 0 not because that's what I think it deserves, but because that's the lowest I'm able to give.

DO NOT BUY.
    And if you get this game because someone gifted it to you, cease any contact with them because playing this game is worse than having nails shoved up your nostrils.
  2. Nov 4, 2013
    Ride to Hell Retribution is the best worst game ever made. Your character will randomly explode for no apparent reason. The driving mechanics are sloppy and make the gameplay even more bewildering than it already is. The graphics and textures feel like they're from a bad ps2 game. The cutscenes are laughably bad as are the fully clothed "sex scenes." Combat in the game consists of a threeRide to Hell Retribution is the best worst game ever made. Your character will randomly explode for no apparent reason. The driving mechanics are sloppy and make the gameplay even more bewildering than it already is. The graphics and textures feel like they're from a bad ps2 game. The cutscenes are laughably bad as are the fully clothed "sex scenes." Combat in the game consists of a three combo punching headbutt and kick style that's shallow and ridiculous, and every cutscene starts without all the textures loaded in. The game sometimes crashes behind load screens, dear God, if I keep listing all the problems this game has this review will never end. It is quite possibly the worst game I've ever played, and that's why you should buy it. I got it for $10 and everytime I show it to my friends we all laugh and have a great time. You have to see it to believe it. If The Room or Troll 2 was to have a videogame equivalent, it would be Ride to Hell Retribution. I'm giving it a 9 only because of the entertainment value otherwise it'd be a zero. Expand
  3. Jun 28, 2013
    Well, Ride to Hell: Retribution does what it says, it's your retribution for riding to hell, a true ride to hell.

Oh, and to reach the 150 min I can add that citizenkaneofvi rated all three PC, PS3 and X360 versions 10, since I love justice I'm gonna bulldoze it's 10s on all the platforms.

What a missed chance of an interesting idea.
  4. Jun 29, 2013
    This game is just a pile of garbage. I am the type of person who would try to look at the bright side of everything (this game has one redeeming quality). The game falls short on many, if not all, key points of what makes a game a game. The graphics are alright in some places, but absolutely terrible in many more. The games mechanics are super clunky and unresponsive. The game also lacksThis game is just a pile of garbage. I am the type of person who would try to look at the bright side of everything (this game has one redeeming quality). The game falls short on many, if not all, key points of what makes a game a game. The graphics are alright in some places, but absolutely terrible in many more. The games mechanics are super clunky and unresponsive. The game also lacks visual and audible feedback letting you know if you're doing something right or wrong. Sound is by far the worst part of this game. It lacks a lot of sound effects, and the ones that it does have are awful. For example, this is a biker game. One of the key points of a biker game is the motorcycle. The bikes in this game literally sound like weed wackers. The game's ONE redeeming factor is the music, only because they use proprietary licenses instead of in-house music. The one redeeming factor, however, doesn't matter if music isn't played. Many a level I went through without music ever playing. Checkpointing is piss poor, story is uninspired, combat is bad, multiplayer is boring. Just don't buy this game. This is an example of a quickly put together game made solely for profit. Expand
  5. Jun 29, 2013
    Worse than anyone can imagine should be avoided by everyone on earth.

Zero gameplay, disgusting controls, production values from the toilet.

Expect returned copies to be sitting alongside ET very soon.
  6. ERB
    Aug 31, 2013
    I can't believe Deep Silver would make such a terrible game!The story of this game is confusing,terrible and worst.I mean at the start of this game you go riding at your motorcycle then suddenly you go kill some people with your turret and then you go ride your motorcycle again then suddenly you go beat up a guy.I mean how did that happen?how did I went there?This is so random!And theI can't believe Deep Silver would make such a terrible game!The story of this game is confusing,terrible and worst.I mean at the start of this game you go riding at your motorcycle then suddenly you go kill some people with your turret and then you go ride your motorcycle again then suddenly you go beat up a guy.I mean how did that happen?how did I went there?This is so random!And the graphics of this game is so terrible!I mean it looks like a 2004 game rather than a 2013 game.It feels outdated.

And not just that the game play of this game is so messy and terrible I would rather not finish the game because its to boring!And I also hate this game because the enemies of this game is so easy!I mean almost all the enemies of this game are dumb I mean its like they just wanted to die rather than to kill you!I mean they always charge at you and you can easily kill them because they move so slow[Except for other enemies of this game].And not just that the voice acting is so bad that I almost want to laught at it except that this game is not funny!But one thing for sure that this game didn't get a score of 0 from me its because Its a PS3 game.I always loved PS3 games because almost all PS3 games I've played is so cool and awesome[except for this one].And I couldn't believe why I bought this game.Maybe because the title of this game is awesome.But I should tell you this guys"Don't ever buy this stupid game"Its not even worth your money and time.[So far this is the longest game review I've ever had.]
  7. Nov 9, 2013
    This game needs to be praised... for how terrible it is. This game is so random and muddy and the dialogue is done so terribly you would think it was a comedy. Do not ever think about this game. Its a waste of time even thinking about it let alone playing it.
  8. Mar 11, 2014
    This is the WORST F?&*ING piece of crap ever. It is a legal means of torture. This GAME is cr*p just EVERYTHING about this game sucks!
    DO NOT BUY THIS!!!
  9. Mar 15, 2014
    This failure will make your soul cry in agony. Dont Play it, Dont buy it, dont think about it, never think about it, if you want to end a friendship give your friend this failure
  10. Aug 3, 2013
    This game suffers from Duke Nukem forever sindrom.Ride to hell was suposed to be relesed in 2009 so that is why this game is on unreal engine 3 .Creators of the game had problems with money,so they did this game without testing is just to put it in stores for in my contry high price 60
  11. Oct 13, 2013
    Ride To Hell Is not even a game worth buying. Its so bad, I would use this for naughty kids on Christmas, instead of coal. It is a disaster of a game. Garbage, please don't go out and buy this! Its for your own good...
  12. Apr 27, 2014
    This game is a crime, It is absolutely unplayable. The graphics are awful, the game play is awful, the story is awful and don't get my me started on the voice acting. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!
  13. Apr 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Deep silver has had a difficult history in making games. But who would have thought they would set the bar so high that no upcoming game with any anticipation could possibly match it? Ride to Hell: Retribution is a genre defying masterpiece that combine all gaming elements such as third person shooting, free roaming environments, beat em' up, action adventure, rock and roll themes. The story is by far the most complex and detailed masterpiece I've ever seen in a game. Jake Conway who has recently been divorced for two years, awakes one day to find his peaceful home town being invaded by a small army of American cyborgs claiming the world would be a better place if it we're run by a gigantic mother core they are planning to insert in the Earths core. And thus begins an epic tale of redemption and battle for freedom. Since I can give away plot points ,I was intrigued to find that the robots were actually attacking them because they found that the human race was secretly hiding them, and trying to weaponise them against enemy forces. I was also extremely shaken by the cut scene where Jake ruthlessly guns down dozens of robots and then he takes a sewing pin, pulls out their robotic cores, puts it on the end of a long metal pole and pretends to be a predator. Since it's a sandbox game, there are over a hundred vehicles to choose from. All of which are brilliantly designed to the tiny amount of smoke coming from the exhaust, to the reflection of the sun on the roof. Also you can customise them of course. I found a hilarious customisation where you can put colourful banner on the side of the car saying "Deep Silver are the best!!!" It's actually quite hard to pinpoint my favourite part of this masterpiece. Perhaps the part where Jake and a robot the size of the Empire State Building battle on the sun. Or maybe the part where Jake's brother swallows a radioactive LEGO brick and breaks up into a thousand Lego men which is used to take down a boss by disassembling it chip by chip. My one criticism with Ride to Hell is the beginning where Jake shows sympathy towards his uncle who has treated him wrongly for nine years. But I suppose Deep Silver shows this as some sort of character development. I heard that there may be two more games from this one. This worries me, because I mentioned that they have. Set the bar very high. But I'm confident that the Ride to Hell franchise will go down in history as "the game that changed the world."

(PS this is a joke)
  14. Feb 18, 2014
    Don't get me wrong this game is absolutely terrible. The physics make no sense and this causes some hilarious glitches. I invited friends round and played the first 3 hours of the game together and I can honestly say I have never had more fun playing a game. The storyline makes no sense and for some utterly ridiculous reason the characters never use any names. At the start the "brother" ofDon't get me wrong this game is absolutely terrible. The physics make no sense and this causes some hilarious glitches. I invited friends round and played the first 3 hours of the game together and I can honestly say I have never had more fun playing a game. The storyline makes no sense and for some utterly ridiculous reason the characters never use any names. At the start the "brother" of Jake is describing a girl and says she likes "bands". not any specific type of bands just bands in general. This lack of description is actually humerous.

Buy this game if you want to have a laugh with friends but if you are on your own make sure you play with a cyanide capsule.
  15. Jan 8, 2014
    Worst piece of crap i ever seen and since it still out still cost 69 bucks for game that totally broken make brink game of the year to this rubbish

i seen game play it lucky i never bought it who want to buy a game that crap Deep sliver should of just waited play game once it was finish even if it was still in bloody complete they should of just Trashed it already
  16. Apr 12, 2014
    It is the greatest game of all time.it is worth the seventy dollars to buy it like the guy form celvenang im soory that the guy did not have to heal roanlf mragcdonald
  17. Jul 15, 2013
    Not the best game i've ever played, but not the worst either, i have neither clawed out my eyes, or worshipped. Should have got the price right, it's budget baby.
  18. Sis
    Dec 16, 2013
    My favorite game of all time. Ratchet & Clank, because this is the biggest masterpiece I have ever seen. Why, because it has MC's and guns! Rock on!!
  19. Mar 14, 2014
    This may just be the best game that has ever appeared in the history of mankind. There are no words for this game other than there few : amazing, hellaswag
  20. Jul 15, 2014
    This game is quite possibly one of, if not the worst game ever made. Mechanically it's simply broken with controls that don't work, characters and objects that just explode for no reason, gameplay that lacks any real pacing, and enough graphics and audio glitches; including entire sections that lack background sounds or sound effects completely, that I consider this a defective product andThis game is quite possibly one of, if not the worst game ever made. Mechanically it's simply broken with controls that don't work, characters and objects that just explode for no reason, gameplay that lacks any real pacing, and enough graphics and audio glitches; including entire sections that lack background sounds or sound effects completely, that I consider this a defective product and demanded a full refund.

Worse than all that though is this game is outright offensive. Glorifying violence and sex on the most base and childish levels, you literally save women from thugs regularly for which they reward you with sex, fully clothed sex mind you... we can't have nudity now can we.

This debased and disgusting game is an insult to everyone. It's insulting to women, treating them as nothing but sex objects and trophies, it's insulting to men depicting us all as violent thugs who only do things if there's a promise of sex at the end, it's insulting to gamers that the developers presume we're all such pathetic lonely sad-acts that this hamfisted shoehorning of sex into the game would be appealing, and it's insulting to society that they dared to release this at retail and charge money for it. I sincerely hope that anyone involved in this abysmal game never works in this industry again, they should all be ashamed of themselves.
  21. Aug 20, 2014
    Ride to hell lives up to its title, this game gives the complete exp of hell to you in one game. Playing this game is very bad.STAY AWAY. Enjoying it and calling it a good game is sin in itself. It is funny for the first few minutes because of laughable physics, awful driving mechanic, screwed up bike sound effects and horrible voice acting but soon becomes repetitive. This game hasRide to hell lives up to its title, this game gives the complete exp of hell to you in one game. Playing this game is very bad.STAY AWAY. Enjoying it and calling it a good game is sin in itself. It is funny for the first few minutes because of laughable physics, awful driving mechanic, screwed up bike sound effects and horrible voice acting but soon becomes repetitive. This game has extremely bad graphics and the most insulting sex scenes in a game it will make you feel ashamed about yourself for playing the game. It is just bad DONT PLAY RIDE TO HELL : RETRIBUTION EVER. Expand
  22. Feb 21, 2014
    Ride to Hell: Retribution is one of those games that gets a lot of flack for how bad it is, and is often called the worst game of 2013. After hearing so much about it, I had to play the game myself to see how bad it truly is. After my time with it, I can honestly say that every bit of bad press is one hundred percent well earned.

First off, the graphics are horrible in every way.

First off, the graphics are horrible in every way. Character models are cheap, facial animations are terrible, backgrounds are bland, and there's lack of detail in everything. Plus, there is texture pop-in any time an image appears on screen, whether it be a cut-scene or gameplay. The lack of imagination is also very apparent in the character models as well, with only a total of 5 character models for girls and henchmen.

Next is the sound. The soundtrack is ultimately very poor with probably two soundtracks in the whole game that I would consider tolerable. The rest of the soundtracks are bad attempts at metal and rock music. Sound effects are even worse. Throughout the game, there are multiple sound effects missing, in both gameplay and cut-scenes. During driving sequences, the only sound effects being made are from your bike and the vehicles of your enemies. Besides that, nothing has any sound. Not even the vehicles on the road next to you sound like they have engines. Worse so, whatever sound effects the game does have are terrible. The Motorcycle engine sounds are so poorly done, they sound more like weed whackers then bikes.

The most important part of games though are the gameplay. Despite bad sound and graphics, a game can redeem itself with good gameplay. Well, Ride to Hell screws up there as well.

The first mode of gameplay is riding your bike. The game consists of multiple poorly made bike sequences. The controls on your bike are poorly mapped, with the forward boost idiotically assigned to pushing the stick up, which can cause you to hit the boost whenever you don't want to at the worst times. Because of this, there's little to no precision in turning your bike, which means at times, you'll be bouncing back and forth between the edges of the road like a pinball in a machine. Going backwards is for some reason forbidden. Get turned around or pushed back two feet, and the game will automatically start you back a few meters back. However, every time the game does this, you end up losing health. Have it happen too many times and the game kills you by ramming your bike into a wall and exploding. The same happens with enemies. Enemies will explode for no reason. Enemies have the potential to explode without you even so much as touching them. The biker sections in this biker games are an epic fail.

Gunplay doesn't fair any better. Enemies have a ridiculous damage threshold, allowing them to take up to ten bullets in the torso without dying. The quickest way to kill them is a single headshot, which is ridiculously hard to do because the aiming mechanic is so stiff that it's hard to aim with any real precision, which is especially felt when enemies get in close range of you. Plus, having to line up headshots is way too hard because it takes too long and only becomes an inconvenience when enemies are shooting you the whole time you're trying to line up a shot. Plus, your damage threshold is unbalanced, allowing your character to take over 15 bullets in one chapter, and only being able to take 5 before dying in the other. Not to mention the horrible camera often gets positioned behind your head not allowing you to even see your enemies. Admittedly, with improved weapons that you obtain, the gunplay does get more manageable. However, it's still more of a hassle then it should be. The cover system is terrible as well with the cover button also linked to your dodge button, causing you to have no control over dodging enemies and entering cover. What's worse is there are a few sequences where all these setbacks come to a head, and result in some punishingly difficult and unfair levels.

Melee is slightly better but still bad. With a counter, the game tries to mimick Arkham City in some way, but only appears as a dumbed down, less precise version. Plus, the enemies constantly blocking your attacks is beyond frustrating, especially since the only way to open their attacks is with a kick that does little damage. Like gunplay, melee get's more manageable with a weapon but is still terrible. Quick time events are bad as well, giving you way too much of an opening to complete the button press.

There are plenty of other problems too. The checkpoint system is terrible, often setting you back 2-3 minutes back, if not longer. AI is brain dead, with enemies shooting walls, not using cover, and sometimes just standing there. It's pathetic.

Ride to Hell earns its spot as one of 2013's worst games, and is a game that gamers in general are ashamed to say exists because it makes them look bad. This game offers nothing for anybody, and should not be played by anyone out there.
  23. Sep 12, 2014
    FLY OF TO THE WALL AND EXPLODE LY OF TO THE WALL AND EXPLODE LY OF DFSADFADAdsdasdTO THE WALL AND EXPLODE LY OF TO THE WALL AND EXPLODE LY OF TO THE WALL AND EXPLODE
  24. May 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Anyone who says this game is awesome is OUT OF THEIR **** MIND! I mean honestly this game is really horrible. Everything about it sucks! The Story is doesn't make any sense, the combat sucks, the sound effects are horrendous, and the voice acting, Oh my god its terrible. So do not ever get this game. If you've seen Angry Joes review on this game he pretty much sums it up. Expand
  25. Sep 12, 2014
    This game is possibly the largest piece of S*** ever! how in Gods name can someone release this! I got for free and I still want my money back! F*** THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!
  26. Sep 12, 2014
    FLY OFF TO THE WALL AND EXPLODE also, potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad potato salad
  27. Nov 8, 2014
    This game **** sucks.The graphics are horrendous and the game play is awful. Never buy it even if it pops up as a free download. That's all you need to know.
  28. Nov 21, 2014
    This game has no redeeming features and one of the worst games ever made. I brought it because it was 50p and you know, how bad can it be? Well I feel conned of my 50 pence and I might just go and return it. I deserve compensation for having 50p that I worked hard for taken away from me.
    This game is awful in every imaginable way, everything is tediously bad and the game is broken. Everything is awful, everything.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 4 Critics

1. If The Last of Us is gaming’s Citizen Kane moment, this is its Plan 9 From Outer Space. [September 2013, p73]
  2. Jul 30, 2013
    Disastrous. There are no more adjectives to describe a title like Ride to Hell: Retribution.
  3. Riding to actual Hell over 1000 miles of broken glass using your own scrotum as a toboggan would be more enjoyable.