7.3

1. KritUnhawat
    Dec 18, 2008
    I picked up the game yesterday (the release date). I was so looking forward for this game. my feed back? this game is the worst game I played in a long time. Far worse than that over hyped GTA4, in my oppinion. game contorl are off, boring story telling, the graphic that bugs your eyes, the cut scenes which are worse than the last gen. FF7 on PS1 even has better looking cut scenes thanI picked up the game yesterday (the release date). I was so looking forward for this game. my feed back? this game is the worst game I played in a long time. Far worse than that over hyped GTA4, in my oppinion. game contorl are off, boring story telling, the graphic that bugs your eyes, the cut scenes which are worse than the last gen. FF7 on PS1 even has better looking cut scenes than this game. WHY DID YOU MESS THIS UP CODEMASTER!!!!!??? Expand

1. Rise of the Argonauts has its share of flaws, nevertheless it really draws you into a compelling storyline of glory and romance. The combat system appears to be very simplistic but actually offers fresh new combos and a very decent RPG-system. The conversations between Jason and his Argonauts are interesting enough, even though the game sometimes offers you voice samples that are hard to understand. Add gameplay that offers less freedom than your average prison, a lack of a decent HUD and some minor bugs and you'll get a game that needs some courage to be played.
    Absolutely nothing about Rise of the Argonauts stands out as special, and just when you think the game's about to take a turn for the better (at least in terms of reworking the Jason and the Argonauts story), its fundamental and technical problems -- including some annoying loading times in the Xbox 360 version -- bring it way back down.
    The problem is how the game's put together – so much has been stripped from what we traditionally think of as an RPG and an action game that the result feels like an awkward, neutered hybrid bloated by hours and hours of static dialogue sequences.