tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. Mar 2, 2012
    I previously rated this game as a 9 but would like to amend my opinion after countless games. I've played now well over 200 games and have noticed that this game contains one very important flaw that essentially ruins this game. Rather than roll the dice individually every battle the game has a fast battle option to do all your dice rolls to completion. This feature consistently seems to be flawed with roll memory or a glitch resulting in fantastic triumphs or devastating losses. The battles seem more often than not non random as opposed to successive individual die rolls. With inididual rolls you'de never lose when attacking 2 troops with 10 but in fast battle this happens, and happens a lot. Somewhere in the programming the randomness is lost and you get different results than if you repeatedly rolled successively. Further it seems there is another flaw if you get a good dice roll then quickly attack another territiory, again it seems there is dice roll memory allowing players to run the table while attacking. These features lead to a lot of uneven gameplay and as a result a lot of players quiting online. It's still a fun game to play but these features ruin a lot of online games. Essentially I feel the software has problems relating to randomness which essentially means programming laziness allowing this game to be either cheated or just plain broken, and thus the huge reduction in score. I am tempted to give the game a 4 rating as negative, but bumped my score to cautionary "5" as this problem does not exist every game. Regardless I find the game broken too many times to be positive in nature about it. Expand
  2. Jan 7, 2012
    RISK the board game is fun if you can find people to play it with you. RISK: Factions is fun because you can find people online and also use bots if you can't find any, plus it has extra maps. If you like risk, you should buy it.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Feb 20, 2011
    A very enjoyable take on the classic board game, which is only let down by occasionally laggy online games and an overall lack of objectives to complete. [Issue#202, p.97]
  2. Feb 16, 2011
    Perhaps the best thing about Risk: Factions is how quickly matches move.