7.8

1. Oct 27, 2010
    I've just bought the game yesterday, and was amazed by the possibilities offered from this game. I'm a heavy music based VG user. I bought most of the GH franchise and RB franchise and I can testify this ROCK BAND 3 is simply the final countdown to music simulation. In terms of music content, Rock Band has a very strong tracklist with massive tracks from all period of time and wouldI've just bought the game yesterday, and was amazed by the possibilities offered from this game. I'm a heavy music based VG user. I bought most of the GH franchise and RB franchise and I can testify this ROCK BAND 3 is simply the final countdown to music simulation. In terms of music content, Rock Band has a very strong tracklist with massive tracks from all period of time and would satisfy any rock fans. (From I love rock n roll, smoke on the water, bohemian rhapsody, break on through to Just like heaven walk of life and many many more). Taking into account more thant 2000 tracks are available, RB buries competitors away, giving you the chance to localize the game upon your music tastes. You can also transfer your previous RB games library so it's pretty fair from HARMONIX supplying this function even though competitors do so;

In terms of graphic environment, difficult to say since personal tastes may vary. As a drummer in a real band, I'm amazed by accurate references to the indie real world of amateur musicians. Quite immersive. In terms of music teaching method, well we can only trust Harmonix since pro guitars are not available yet. It seems they made it, allowing you to learn these classical rock tracks on a real guitar. As a drummer, I can say I would have loved to have this game when learning drums, working accuracy, tempo, and rock rhythms in a funny way. I guess it's the same with guitars and keys so, thanks for that.

About tech specs,
    I'm a drummer for real and this time I can plug my Roland V Drums to play the game, only buying a MIDI converter. With this converter and the fender mustang, I will be able to play guitar in my home studio in MIDI or for real if I go with the fender SQUIER. I can also plug my midi keyboards. That's really amazing and even though is not of mass concerns is the absolute effort HARMONIX should have a reward for. When competitors fill shelves with same games with different tracklists, HARMONIX tends to offer a full compatibility between VG and music worlds. About the price, this is the only negative point. For a full experience, I need to buy the drums, the two guitars, the keys, the midi converter and the game. That leads to a final 1000 USD invoice, which makes ROCK BAND maybe the most expensive game in the world, even compared to WOW subscription model (it would stand for at least 7 years subscription), not taking into account DLC's. SUM UP : More than 2000 tracks available, the fun of casual game, the ability to learn instruments for real, full customization of music, this is the perfect game ever made for sure. Even though perfection has a price...
  2. Oct 31, 2010
    There isn't much terribly new to the series with this iteration, but the game itself is tighter, more streamlined, more responsive and easier to pick up and features some very good tunes. The only thing that bugs me is the expense! Oh my god, after paying for all of the instruments you can expect to eat rice and beans for a month. But at least you will have a fun game to play. Overall I'dThere isn't much terribly new to the series with this iteration, but the game itself is tighter, more streamlined, more responsive and easier to pick up and features some very good tunes. The only thing that bugs me is the expense! Oh my god, after paying for all of the instruments you can expect to eat rice and beans for a month. But at least you will have a fun game to play. Overall I'd say that the game gets a 9 from a fan of the series, but it might be a bit lower for you if you aren't into the RB games like I am. Expand
  3. Nov 4, 2010
    Look..ok everyone is entitled to their opinion...some on here say this is rubbish some say is mediocre..so heres mine..THIS GAME ROCKS!!...the structure and layout of the game is just awesome, it is without a doubt the best of the series...ok some of the multiplayer elements of the last two games are not there but the emphasis here is BAND PLAY..get a band together online or off..and go onLook..ok everyone is entitled to their opinion...some on here say this is rubbish some say is mediocre..so heres mine..THIS GAME ROCKS!!...the structure and layout of the game is just awesome, it is without a doubt the best of the series...ok some of the multiplayer elements of the last two games are not there but the emphasis here is BAND PLAY..get a band together online or off..and go on the career AS A BAND..you can do this single player as well obviously. I think the setlist is just brilliant with songs from all decades form the 60's to modern day and you have the option of importing most of your previous songs from RB1 and RB2.you have tons of new options ..like switching difficulty on the fly ..changing instruments..it just goes on .what more do you want?..i cant praise this game enough...if you liked RB1 or 2 then this is must buy..get some friends or family round get the beers in and go on a great musical journey. BUY IT!! Expand
  4. Oct 30, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The thing that I mast like about the game is the music these are really good music to rock too with friends are on your own the tricks listed below are a few of them.All tracks are original master recordings should I point out.
    Rock Band 3 tracks: * Marilyn Manson â
  5. Nov 13, 2010
    Pure music game perfection. The track listing is a varied affair which offers something for everybody. The standard 5 coloured fret is here in all its eye-strain-inducing glory. For those of us who have been playing this genre since the start, we now have something new to challenge us, The Pro-Mode! This is for all of us longing to play an instrument without the effort of reading sheetPure music game perfection. The track listing is a varied affair which offers something for everybody. The standard 5 coloured fret is here in all its eye-strain-inducing glory. For those of us who have been playing this genre since the start, we now have something new to challenge us, The Pro-Mode! This is for all of us longing to play an instrument without the effort of reading sheet music. It works effortlessly. With 80+ songs on disc and over 1400 online this is the definitive music game, period. Expand
  6. Nov 25, 2010
    Great game for a first timer to the music genre, or someone upgrading from 1 or 2. This has more songs than the others, support for new instruments, and a re-designed career type mode. This would be a great addition to anyone's collection.
  7. Nov 26, 2010
    My first RB game, i only bought for ther pro mode. keyboards fun but waiting on the pro guitars to be available... still a month latrer and no sign.

poor.
  8. Jan 17, 2011
    Having a keyboard peripheral makes you feel like a professional pianist mostly thanks to Pro Mode. And having it to pay both guitar and bass is a unique twist. The game let's you use old Rock Band tracks from RBN which is a nice treat for old fans as well as new ones. A must-buy for music lovers.
  9. Jan 30, 2011
    This has got to be one of the best party (music) games I've played in terms of fun factor. There's a great selection of songs from almost every genre and tons of DLC. The keyboard and Pro-mode gives it greater value.
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    Undoubtedly the best music game to date.
    The only thing bad that could have improved the graphics a bit, which are a little outdated ...
    The online is a bit bad I invitation.
    And although it is a sad port to xbox360 ... to me a lot is flawed.
  11. Feb 20, 2012
    Great game, I love it, has a ton of great songs and an awesome game to play with friends at a party or friends over Playstation Network, also a variety of downloadable song genres, even rap and pop music.
  12. Sep 30, 2014
    The best rhythm game ever created. Prior to playing this I was very much on the side of Guitar Hero in the ongoing war between Guitar Hero and Rock Band, but after playing this my opinion completely swayed. The variety in genres of music this game covers is amazing. A much more diverse and open experience than Guitar Hero.
  13. Jan 31, 2015
    This is the definitive entry in the music game genre. For those with the normal instruments, it is an excellent addition to the previous GH/RB games and the new keyboard is an excellent fit. On top of that, it offers Pro controller gameplay (effectively real instruments).

1. As a standalone game it's the best music game available, even though it arguably has the weaker soundtrack compared to Rock Band and Rock Band 2. But it feels a little hollow as a standalone game; it needs you to build a massive library to fully exploit it. [January 2011 p76]
  2. Jan 13, 2011
    Rock Band 3 have an amazing track list, an exciting new support for instruments and many challenges and rewards that will keep us busy for months. This is the best iteration in any musical saga to date. A must-have.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    If Rock Band is an every-Friday-night thing for you, then grabbing Rock Band 3 would be a good call as the evolution the fanchise has made will be much appreciated by fans. If not, then you might want to pass.