8.4

1. SleepyJT
    Mar 2, 2009
    my roommate invites people over after they've been out at the bars to play this game, they play the same songs over and over. I hate this game. It's boring and repetitive.
  2. CurtO
    Jul 18, 2008
    The game is ok for beginners to learn. The Instruments suck to high heaven. I am a rofessional drummer of 30 + years and when my 11 yr old grandson at 90 #'s breaks the foot pedal on the drums when he is playing sitting down barefooted you know the quality of the plastic foot pedal is crap. I was watching him when he was playing and he was not pounding it or anything like that.. You The game is ok for beginners to learn. The Instruments suck to high heaven. I am a rofessional drummer of 30 + years and when my 11 yr old grandson at 90 #'s breaks the foot pedal on the drums when he is playing sitting down barefooted you know the quality of the plastic foot pedal is crap. I was watching him when he was playing and he was not pounding it or anything like that.. You would think for the money you pay at least the foot pedal would withstand being pressed better. Other than that I can see where this would be good for a beginner and timing issues. Outside of that it has a long way before you learn more about that stringed instruments. Sony do a better job on the plastic parts and it might be worth it. Hell raise the price 25 dollars and build better equipment!!!!!! Collapse
    Nov 24, 2007
    Game seems to be good but there is one glaring flaw. The SIXAXIS controller cannot be used to play the instruments. It is common notion that there will be people going to play it using SIXAXIS. And they even released a disc-only package. But that's the point of releasing that if it needs instruments? They should have warned in their website that SIXAXIS play is not possible.
  4. Sep 23, 2013
    for those who are CASUAL players, you know, you might have reached medium in the old games and only easy in the GH series This game blows. Great music selection, but on Easy the notes are sparse, on normal they are ok, but in BOTH modes all 5 buttons are active... *SURPRISE* some of us aren't that good with the last two buttons and if so, you're going to suck at this one immediately.

Rock Band is a great game. The presentation elements are top-notch and take music games to a new level; consider the bar raised.
  2. Rock Band has one thing going for it: the necessity to having friends to play and the willingness to work together. It may not be enough for everyone to drop 170 bucks on the game and equipment, but I can say if you even remotely have thought about this game, it is worth it.
  3. It’s a tool set that will be revitalized every time a new song pack is released, and with all the improvements over the Guitar Hero formula, one that will eventually become the de facto standard in music and rhythm games. For those who can foot the bill, Rock Band delivers a gaming experience that’s simply like no other.