5.6

1. Jan 7, 2012
    Great game. Having played just about everything on PSN - Rocketbirds comes as quite refreshing. Gameplay is pretty standard, although refined version of what Flashback offered. It's not particularly challenging but the puzzles should at least make you think and the weapons / gadgets are satisfying to use and unlock / collect. Production values, for what it is, are also pretty amazing. TheGreat game. Having played just about everything on PSN - Rocketbirds comes as quite refreshing. Gameplay is pretty standard, although refined version of what Flashback offered. It's not particularly challenging but the puzzles should at least make you think and the weapons / gadgets are satisfying to use and unlock / collect. Production values, for what it is, are also pretty amazing. The game has it's own original OST sung by New World Revolution, along with a full series of animated music videos which tell the games relatively simple story. Visually the game has some very pretty HD backgrounds and the overall grim artstyle manages to convey a solemn tone despite the very arcady gameplay and sometimes silly dialogue. Overall it manages to be a unique experience. It doesn't innovate, but it refines and manages to pull all the pieces together into something with it's own style. For £5 you can't really go wrong with this on PSN. Expand
  2. Jan 20, 2012
    Wow, what a surprise! At first, I thought this was just an average air fighting game (per the PSN preview). But I decided to look into it and discovered that Rocketbirds HBC is a 2D adventure game. It reminds me of Flashback, which blew my mind back in the day, but with a simpler approach. Yes, there's actually the air fighting part, but this is just to fill in some gaps. The main heart ofWow, what a surprise! At first, I thought this was just an average air fighting game (per the PSN preview). But I decided to look into it and discovered that Rocketbirds HBC is a 2D adventure game. It reminds me of Flashback, which blew my mind back in the day, but with a simpler approach. Yes, there's actually the air fighting part, but this is just to fill in some gaps. The main heart of the game let us control a chicken-soldier in a very traditional 2D platforming way (like the old Prince of Persia, as well). This is currently under discount at the PSN and it turned out to be a great surprise. Nice graphics, easy to pick gameplay and even a couple of surprises in the way. Great indie game. Expand
  3. Oct 19, 2011
    Run forward, push a box, jump, shoot a guy. Been there, done that. Good graphics and sound. A block of man-chicken isn't the most graceful character for this type of game. Its perfectly playable and graphically sound, but something in the back of your mind wants you to stop playing. Heed the call, its a little boring.
  4. Dec 18, 2013
    Really fun, but the controls are very limited. Games like shank took this up a notch. But this game is funnier. The worst part to me was that the game was really easy, but the end boss was so difficult I couldn't defeat him.

1. Jan 10, 2012
    An entertaining and hilariously violent 2D platformer slash action adventure. Gameplay-wise it doesn't do anything new, but what is does, it does it well. [Jan 2012]
  2. Although you kill loads of evil penguins along the way, the gameplay is mainly centered around rather basic environment puzzles that get boring quite quickly. [Nov 2011, p.98]
  3. Dec 17, 2011