7.1

1. Sep 14, 2014
    It is an above average action rpg with a good value. On the other side there is nothing special in this game to distinguish it from other action rpgs. The story is decent and the playable character variations are good. The gameplay is kind of repetitive at the beginning but it gets better later on. The main part of the game is collecting better weapons, armors and improve the battle skillsIt is an above average action rpg with a good value. On the other side there is nothing special in this game to distinguish it from other action rpgs. The story is decent and the playable character variations are good. The gameplay is kind of repetitive at the beginning but it gets better later on. The main part of the game is collecting better weapons, armors and improve the battle skills (The Diablo 1-3 formula). Overall Diablo does it better but this game is no waste of time. Expand
  2. Aug 8, 2014
    This is an excellent open world rpg. I've played over 100 hours of this game and still haven't finished it, or found everything there is to explore. This game has open world exploration, unique character classes, loot, 100's of hours of gameplay, my god what else could you ask for. Excellent game.
  3. Dec 18, 2013
    This game is terribly boring. Even with 2 players it's still boring. It doesn't do anything new, the gameplay is boring. The story is boring. The graphics are boring. I do like the genre though and the game works and doesn't have technical flaws.
  4. Oct 12, 2013
    The best hack and slash open world game ever made. If you like diablo 2 and open world games, this game is for you. I have had so much fun playing this game. The graphics are beautiful. Item Looting is great, always finding new items, great multiplayer, great character building. I love this game about as much as anyone could love a game. The only downside is the company who made it wentThe best hack and slash open world game ever made. If you like diablo 2 and open world games, this game is for you. I have had so much fun playing this game. The graphics are beautiful. Item Looting is great, always finding new items, great multiplayer, great character building. I love this game about as much as anyone could love a game. The only downside is the company who made it went bankrupt and the 3rd in the series has been ruined by another company,. I have played this game a few hundred hours and I haven't even seen half of the stuff there is to see. I am sure I will play it a few hundred. I have to highly recommend this game, coming from a guy whos pretty picky when it comes to games. I got it cheap used at gamestop for 10 bucks, best 10 bucks I ever spent in my life! Expand
  5. Apr 6, 2013
    Sacred 2 is a hack & slash dungeon crawler of the highest standard, The area's are huge and beautifully detailed while remaining easy to navigate, The online co-op/Pvp is great fun if you can find people and the detail in character customization is where Sacred 2 really excels..
    Sacred 2 doesn't take it's self to seriously, Jokes are hidden all throughout the game, and the characters will spit hilarious one liners on occasion, Even the minor enemies are given a personality And dialogue and can be quite rude and funny at times.
    The beautiful and environment, character detail and the voice acting really bring this game to life, If your a fan of dungeon crawlers, hack & slash and terrible puns, pick up sacred 2 next time your looking for a new game to play..
  6. Feb 22, 2012
    I don't mind this game, its nothing special, the birds eye view was the worst for me and the fact that there is over 600 quests as if im going to do them all, the map is huge if you like exploring then this is your thing. The best part for me was the CO-OP, when you could do the entire game with a friend and still maintain levels and questing, if you don't have a friend you can search forI don't mind this game, its nothing special, the birds eye view was the worst for me and the fact that there is over 600 quests as if im going to do them all, the map is huge if you like exploring then this is your thing. The best part for me was the CO-OP, when you could do the entire game with a friend and still maintain levels and questing, if you don't have a friend you can search for other public matches. All in all the games fine and I would recommend it or borrow it if need be. Expand
  7. Dec 25, 2011
    First off, I'm not a troll or a griefer. I don't wander around the Internet, **** on other people's work for my own sad pleasure. What I am about to say is an opinion from a pretty reasonable guy.

That being said Sacred 2 is, literally and in every grammatical sense of the word, one of the very worst games I have ever encountered in my twentysomething years of electronic gaming. I wanted to like this game, I had a really strong reason to like this game. I couldn't stand more than 15 minutes of this game. A bit of background. My wife and I are both gamers, but we generally like very different types of games. She: MMOs and builder sims. Me: Strategy wargames, RPG's and overly-complicated 4x sims. Not a lot of opportunity to share things. Luckily, we both agree on one thing: Diablo clones. We both like them, we're both good at them and they can be excellent 2 player cooperatives. It's one of our things, we both love spending an evening playing console sword and sorcery games for hours. No, we're usually not sober when this happens, it's all part of the fun. Anyway, we've been in a bit of a dry spell for games we would both enjoy. There was a bit of a golden age when the console versions of Baldur's Gate and its sequel came out, but thinner pickings over the last couple years. Recently, we've only had the perfectly-adequate-for-five-bucks Dungeon Hunter and the delightful DeathSpank games, hamstrung as they were by an insultingly shallow 2 player. Anyway, I only recently heard about Sacred 2 and saw the favorable-but-not-enthusiastic rating on metacritic. I forged ahead and bought it, figuring my wife and I's love for the genre would be willing to ignore a few flaws for thirty or forty hours. We boot it up and without any fuss are at a character creation screen. Not even an intro animation, options menu, nothing. I guess I'm not as much of a no-fuss person as I thought, I would have appreciated a little hint that I was starting the game and a clue about what I should be doing. Characters created, we drop into some sort of final rite of passage and told to go. No real hint where, non-linear map. ooooookkkayyyyy. Long story short, 15 minutes later we've wandered drunkenly through a village trying to figure out what button combinations do what. No quick walk through the HUD like every other tutorial on the face of the planet. And the loading screen tips.... probably helpful but they disappear off the screen in two seconds so you can't read them.

Graphically, the game would have looked clunky and dated on a PS2. Very big pixels, so whenever anything moves, the edges flicker (people who played a lot of 16 bit games will know what I'm talking about). Music was hair-band awful.... because a lot of it sounded like tribute bands to Winger and Poison. Dialog was read by actresses who sounded like they were really annoyed at having to read this ridiculous **** Combat was slow and clunky. Even tiny little details were done badly. With two characters on screen, each was assigned a color: Light green and light blue. Two very similar colors. The makers of the game could have given these guys any color in the rainbow, but in a two person game, where you spend a significant fraction of your time mistakenly thinking the other character is in fact, yours, the makers of the game choose two, nearly identical colors. So to summarize. I really really wanted to like this game. My expectations were not especially high. This game failed in every way I can think of a game failing.
  8. Apr 27, 2011
    This is an awesome action RPG with an incredibly deep and customizable character creation system. If you're a fan of loot centric games like Diablo or WoW, you'll have a blast with this game. It has tons to do, and loads of enemies to bash. Being able to play co-op one on console is another great plus for it, as there aren't many action RPGs out there on consoles that do this. Overall, aThis is an awesome action RPG with an incredibly deep and customizable character creation system. If you're a fan of loot centric games like Diablo or WoW, you'll have a blast with this game. It has tons to do, and loads of enemies to bash. Being able to play co-op one on console is another great plus for it, as there aren't many action RPGs out there on consoles that do this. Overall, a very addictive and satisfying game to play. Expand
  9. aspentitan
    Jan 22, 2010
    Some may say Sacred 2 is a horrible repetitive hack and slash game but I would beg to differ. It is true this is a hack and slash game per se but Sacred 2 excels by offering tremendous customization in character development and that development lends a personalized feel to your character such that you actually have to develop a play style or strategy around your characters abilities and Some may say Sacred 2 is a horrible repetitive hack and slash game but I would beg to differ. It is true this is a hack and slash game per se but Sacred 2 excels by offering tremendous customization in character development and that development lends a personalized feel to your character such that you actually have to develop a play style or strategy around your characters abilities and this really limits the feeling that you are playing a hack and slash game. The world was expansive and there were tons of exciting areas to explore inside and outside the stories quests. I have only two complaints about Sacred 2. It is a game that would be most fun to be played online with 3 other players but there is a glitch which intermittently essentially hangs players and this really ruins the fun fast. The other complaint is money is just too easy to come by. By the end of the game I had over a million big ones. So, it is a little obvious the games money system is out of whack and is unrealistic and needs change. Apart from that I started the game on bronze but after leveling up a bit it was too easy and I wished I had started on Silver setting. But, all in all I find it hard to argue this is not an excellent game. First play through was 50 hrs and has next game plus features and I only built one character. With all the customization possible this title has at least 500 more hrs to play before I explore it all. It Expand
  10. ChadH.
    Aug 3, 2009
    I reserved this game after scoping it online for some time. It was the only RPG that was coming out for the PS3, and the videos of it looked pretty good. I picked my copy up the day it was released, drove home, and popped it in. I was like alright, it's kind of a baldur's gate type action/rpg. Unfortunately, about an hour into the game I realized this was the most boring game I reserved this game after scoping it online for some time. It was the only RPG that was coming out for the PS3, and the videos of it looked pretty good. I picked my copy up the day it was released, drove home, and popped it in. I was like alright, it's kind of a baldur's gate type action/rpg. Unfortunately, about an hour into the game I realized this was the most boring game I'd ever played. There's only one thing to this game, and they made sure to make that one thing the worst of it's kinda ever. That thing is grinding. All you do is walk around fighting while under the false pretext of questing that leaves you yearning for something more. Killing things isn't even entertaining like in other games that share this sheer stab stab stab cast cast cast shoot shoot shoot for eterntiy play-style. Baldur's Gate for the ps2, and every other similar game such as Gauntlet (?) that are based on the same platform are far superior to this game. This game brought the open-ended free-roam aspect into it and perhaps that's what butchered this pathetic excuse for a game. Just another addition to the endless pile of crap games developers are throwing at consumers with their flashy trailers. Maybe you clowns should spend a little less time on the trailer and a little more time making your games half-way entertaining. They had a great concept, but stumbled and fell one foot off the starting line. Expand
  11. TonyW
    Jul 29, 2009
    Not really all that special. Some cool things, but with a frame rate that makes me feel like I'm running on an old rig (it's a PS3, please keep in mind that I cannot upgrade it play your game more smoothly!), and a camera that refuses to even let me see the horizon ("just..let...me...look...up!"), I'll pass.
  12. KO23L
    Jul 14, 2009
    For Me, Sacred 2 is great action RPG game overraly. One of the best on consoles, on consoles i shoud rate it 10/10. It evokes in me feelings i have during playing old Diablo 1 and 2 when i was younger as no other newer game does (last one nice "diablo like" game was Titan Quest). But in Sacred i see more than only "diablo like" game, Sacred has its own character building structure that is For Me, Sacred 2 is great action RPG game overraly. One of the best on consoles, on consoles i shoud rate it 10/10. It evokes in me feelings i have during playing old Diablo 1 and 2 when i was younger as no other newer game does (last one nice "diablo like" game was Titan Quest). But in Sacred i see more than only "diablo like" game, Sacred has its own character building structure that is far more "free" than in for example diablo, character are fully customisable to players desires - huge selection of skills from which player could choose only 10 for character = there is big number of builds you can play, fully customisable spells = if someone plays for example mage it doesnt mean that he has same spells as his friend who plays mage too (the spell names will be same but the effects could be different), speak nothing of really big world you can explore. I am playng Sacred with my Girlfriend in co-op and it is really enjoyable, we still have lot of things to do and still it is not boring because boring long walking passages without action dropping off by virtue of monster respawns that creat you constant company. Expand
  13. AustinVorkink
    Jul 1, 2009
    Currently the developer and publisher are bickering over who is responsible for a lack of a patch to fix SOME of the many bugs in the game. For example, there is no trading for couch co-op players on the PS3 in North America. If you plan on couch co-op, look elsewhere.
  14. JayB
    May 21, 2009
    This game is amazing with open world gameplay. and its like champions and Baldurs Gate but with awesome graphics and sound.
  15. RichardL
    May 20, 2009
    Very entertaining. Customizable characters and weapon drops makes this game a simple but addictive. Nothing like it on consoles give it an edge.
  16. AlexC
    May 19, 2009
    Great game. The minor flaws can be overlooked by the massive amount of gameplay and the overall fun of the game. If you are hesitant, wait for the price to drop. Just do yourself a favor and don't avoid this game.
  17. JoelF
    May 18, 2009
    This is an excellent game in its genre, and it runs and looks great on the ps3. It's a shame that the reviews give little more than genre bias in their content. If you liked Champions of Norrath or the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games, then this is for you! Especially for the multiplayer. The massive almost seamless world is awesome. It's like those other games times a million.

1. The bottom line here is with Diablo 2 ten years behind us and Diablo 3 still off in the distance somewhere, being a mediocre version of the great one is almost a compliment. Almost. And Sacred 2 almost succeeds in its imitation.
  2. Sacred 2 Fallen Angel in its console version is a good game. It spite of its technical flaws (though nothing dramatic) or the uncomfortable camera, it has its virtues like its durability (more than 100 hours), its active level development and the fun multiplayer matches.
  3. At least the level grinding is semi-entertaining. [July 2009, p.76]