Saints Row 2 PlayStation 3

7.9

1. Aug 22, 2011
    Having played the original "Saints Row", followed by "GTA IV", the second seemed tired. The reality was I played it out too fast. After ages having it lay on the shelf collecting dust, I finally started playing it again. This time I paced myself. This time I didn't bother doing stuff I found annoying or unfun just for the 'rewards'. This time I simply did what felt enjoyable in the moment.Having played the original "Saints Row", followed by "GTA IV", the second seemed tired. The reality was I played it out too fast. After ages having it lay on the shelf collecting dust, I finally started playing it again. This time I paced myself. This time I didn't bother doing stuff I found annoying or unfun just for the 'rewards'. This time I simply did what felt enjoyable in the moment. This time I had great fun. Expand
  2. Jul 6, 2011
    I can't, for the life of me, see how the hell anyone can give this game anything higher than a 5. the gameplay is horrible. there is no lock on, which bugs the crap out of me since aiming is annoying at times, more likely than not, although the game tends to be fair most of the time so I'll give it that much. the bad bugs here are REALLY bad sometimes. you try to beat up someone and theyI can't, for the life of me, see how the hell anyone can give this game anything higher than a 5. the gameplay is horrible. there is no lock on, which bugs the crap out of me since aiming is annoying at times, more likely than not, although the game tends to be fair most of the time so I'll give it that much. the bad bugs here are REALLY bad sometimes. you try to beat up someone and they fall into the floor?? I run into a biker and their body literally becomes part of the hood of the car, flailing around as if they've become a cylinder of the engine?? when you do the mission for the Ronin gang area, when you're protecting the car being driven by the game, there is SERIOUS issues as I had to restart this level more than twice since the car was driven off the bridge??? too many ultimately retarded things that go on with this UGLY as hell game to be tolerated. it's not "mesmerizing", it's not "better than GTA4", it's a flawed attempt at a great game, and it really could have been if it wasn't so damn stupid all over the place. oh, and the fact that on the back of the box it mentions trophies? THERE ARE NONE!! pathetic. Expand
  3. Dec 18, 2013
    Like all Saint's row games this one begins really funny and entertaining. After a while though it get's really frustrating because of too much chaos and technical flaws. Sidenote: one of the rare games were the sidemissions are actually fun.
  4. Oct 17, 2015
    It's not a bad game, but the story mode seemed kinda empty, nothing like Saints Row 3 which had a really engaging and fluid story mode... I've seen people say this is the best game in the franchise but I don't really agree. What's true is, there's a lot more to do in the city than in the next games, the sidemissions are fun.

Players who enjoyed the action-packed moments in GTA will have an absolute blast with Saints Row 2. It's tough not to hate on the slightly lacking production values, but when you see the rest of the game it actually makes a bit more sense. The technical shortcomings are the only truly bad part of Saints Row 2, but the core gameplay experience is extremely enjoyable.
    On the surface, Saints Row is an easy game to hate. Actually, I have a feeling that a lot of players and reviewers will write this game off for the sheer stupidity at play at all times. But to do so would be a big disservice to a game that tries hard to do a lot of things and show you a good time. Did we have a good time? Definitely.
  3. Packed full of rewarding and entertaining features, Saints Row 2 is an unadulterated videogame that makes no attempt to rival GTA4. Instead, it's quite content to offer plenty of fun and set itself as a worthy alternative to Rockstar's opus.