6.3

1. Oct 30, 2013
    As i played SR4 I was enjoying myself, having fun and laughing at the humour the game has. The game starts as you, the leader of the Saints, invading a bunker in the Middle-East and disarming a nuke in mid-flight, saving the US from possible nuke attack, earning you the love to the US citizens and being voted to become the President of the United States. You're reign as President wont lastAs i played SR4 I was enjoying myself, having fun and laughing at the humour the game has. The game starts as you, the leader of the Saints, invading a bunker in the Middle-East and disarming a nuke in mid-flight, saving the US from possible nuke attack, earning you the love to the US citizens and being voted to become the President of the United States. You're reign as President wont last long as the world is invated by aliens called "The Zin" and eventually destroyed. After the massacre you find yourself saved by Kinzie Kensington from 1950's dream world and set in a space ship hidden from Zin and as the last remnants of the civilized world. From the space ship you invade the play world of Zin which modeled after SR3 version of Steelport, kinda like in the Matrix universe. Twist this time is that Kinzie has unlocked super abilities for the player to use in the Zin world of Steelport, coming in from of super jumping or running and you need to rescue back you're Saints partners and defeat the Zin.

The graphics haven't changed much from the previous game. Little changes here and there are seen, Zin posters and markingson walls, glitches have been added as gameplay for example tiles of a wall move or citizens of the Zin world could change randomly their outlook. Most interesting is the aspects of missions in different computer worlds, at one mission to rescue Johnny Gat and bring him back alive you have to enter his mind in a 2D sidescrolling fightning game which is one my favourite parts of the game.

So yes gameplay has you, instead of running and stealing cars, jumping on roof tops and speed running through traffic, being the little god of the Zin world and as the story moves on Kinzie unlocks abilities for you that enables you to throw objects with your mind, shoot ice/fireballs, stomp the ground creating quakes and turn you into fire/ice person that when you run by a enemy or person, he sets on fire. By the way speed running makes stealing cars pointless which Deep Silver noticed by giving you a way to listen to the game music at any point, unless you're back in the space ship aka real world.

The soundtrack is excellent as usual and suits the game really well. Clearly Deep Silver wanted to make this game a homage to older SR games using Aerosmiths "I don't wanna miss a thing" song as a start and end song. Other tracks include classics form 1980's and 90's to new bass bumping Skillrex style tracks and each track has a reason to bring atmosphere to every mission.

Hard for to join with the sayings that this is just DLC sold in full price, sure it's the same Stillwater but the game has content and a lot of it. With every mission giving different new places to visit in, basically meaning you dont spent much time in Stillwater other than joining mission or killing aliens. Story brings you back to earlier Saints Row days with sidemissions giving samples of history behind each Saints character upon to the end giving a plot twist that is a must see for each Saints Row familiar player.

Personally I really enjoyed the game, it's an excellent combination of action and fun, comedy and satirical drama. Also it gave a feeling of a nice closure for Saints Row series, with missions going through the history of the Saints and showing the appreciation toward the fans of the series with the nice twist at the end of the game.
  2. Aug 31, 2013
    This is a game that is willing to simply but fun and comedy at the front of everything. Now apparently by the reviews it is not for everyone, but being a fan of their earlier games I found this one to be the best so far. I absolutely enjoyed every minute.
  3. Aug 27, 2013
    The game is solid. Granted a lot of stuff is recycled, graphics are subpar, and the game really feels like a string of sidequests, but even with that said the game is still fun. The humor is still there and the gameplay is the same addictive gameplay from the previous iterations.
  4. Sep 21, 2013
    In no other game can you run around as a pirate elf bludgeoning people with a tentacle bat while listening to the soothing sounds of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. This game has everything, from car-jacking to German-suplexing to hulk-jumping to flower-picking. The story is ridiculous and hilarious, the combat is fantastic, and the level progression goes from minor thug to Superman.In no other game can you run around as a pirate elf bludgeoning people with a tentacle bat while listening to the soothing sounds of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. This game has everything, from car-jacking to German-suplexing to hulk-jumping to flower-picking. The story is ridiculous and hilarious, the combat is fantastic, and the level progression goes from minor thug to Superman. This game is brilliant and just excessively fun. Expand
  5. Sep 13, 2013
    You may think Saints Row 4 doesn't hold a candle to GTA V, and it most definitely doesn't win, but dammit it's close. Saints Row 4 may not the best open world game i have ever played, but it is definitely the most fun and totally deserving of your time
  6. Oct 4, 2013
    Saints row IV most people say that its just saints row 3 but with superpowers. But its more than that with a new villain who has come from space to collect earths leaders he takes you the new president and puts you unto a simulation of still port. Zin-yak the alien is really intelligent. the game is witty and funny at times taking away the potty humor from the last game and brining backSaints row IV most people say that its just saints row 3 but with superpowers. But its more than that with a new villain who has come from space to collect earths leaders he takes you the new president and puts you unto a simulation of still port. Zin-yak the alien is really intelligent. the game is witty and funny at times taking away the potty humor from the last game and brining back the witty comments like the second installment. with text adventures secrets and the superpowers witch can be upgraded just makes the game more fun. but ever game that has its ups also has its downs. because of your new powers I think that the team that put all the customization into the cars just didn't have anything to show for it because most of the time I was using the powers to get around. and a few minor glitches like dying randomly or not having some game data save so I would have to restart a mission witch did piss me off but it didn't annoy me that much. also I love the sound track with classical to rock and techno. oh and the new weapons like the dub step gun and the expand ray are fun to play with. over all I think you should go pick it up just to go crazy and play around. I give it a amazing 9/10 for its humor and the fun I had. Expand
  7. Oct 22, 2013
    I don't think it's anyting new that they did in Saints Row 3. Besides the superpowers. I also dont like how you can travel by just super speed running. Im more of a car person and would rather use that.
  8. Aug 26, 2013
    A highly enjoyable romp into an hilarious mash-up of nearly every conceivable game genre. Heavily spoofing sci-fi films and pop-culture along the way Volition have essentially created the 'Scary Movie' of video games and turned up the insane to eleven.
    It was a little buggy (I played on the PS3) and the controls sometimes made the game frustrating.
  9. Aug 30, 2013
    The game is epic. Cons are its similarity (same city, other stuff) and somewhat cheap production in comparison to the SRTT (less length, after first few missions less cutscenes, actors, animations, even smaller scale of events no more mass rocket-launcher attacks or shootouts at the roof of the skyscraper. Wonder if THQ problems has something to do with it). But pros are everything else.The game is epic. Cons are its similarity (same city, other stuff) and somewhat cheap production in comparison to the SRTT (less length, after first few missions less cutscenes, actors, animations, even smaller scale of events no more mass rocket-launcher attacks or shootouts at the roof of the skyscraper. Wonder if THQ problems has something to do with it). But pros are everything else. This is one of the defining products of the decade, things like this, Bioshock Infinite and Dear Esther makes me believe in non-casual videogames industry, believe that it could someday become a pnenomenon in world culture similar to literature and cinema and not just some reservation for gamers. Expand
  10. Sep 17, 2013
    Vest row ever. A mix of crackdown, row, and infamous. So much fun it should be illegal. Not a game pretending to be real. It knows what it is and inbraces it.
  11. Sep 2, 2013
    I haven't played any of the previous SR titles, and it's been a while since I laugh so loud while playing a game.
    The gameplay is fun, the trials and missions are incredibly fresh with a lot of twists (the 2D beat'em up minigame, omg!) and the story and dialogues are just hilarious.
    I don't know if they forgot about the previous values of the franchise, but just considering the game, I will totally recommend it.
  12. Aug 22, 2013
    Old, good and fun. I very like that games. Some games have fantastic climat and story, but for graphic they have 7/10, but they WILL HAVE 9/10. Saints Row 4 is that game.
  13. Aug 20, 2013
    Game was great, story was meh, but it's just one of those games that are a lot of funs in co op with friends. And for the people rating the game a 0, that is a mark, when you rate a game a zero you are pretty much saying nothing good at all, and no one could enjoy this but lesbehonest, its a decent game for most people.
  14. Aug 30, 2013
    Saints Row IV: Insane, over the top and incredibly fun. A strangely great story with excellent humor, with characters that you care about. References to Mass Effect, Streets of Rage and Metal Gear Solid just make the game even better. The 2 things that keep it from being perfect are: A whole lot of technical difficulties including game crashing and game breaking glitches and how short theSaints Row IV: Insane, over the top and incredibly fun. A strangely great story with excellent humor, with characters that you care about. References to Mass Effect, Streets of Rage and Metal Gear Solid just make the game even better. The 2 things that keep it from being perfect are: A whole lot of technical difficulties including game crashing and game breaking glitches and how short the game is, Saints Row: The Third was a really long game but Saints Row IV only has 37 main missions with side quests from all the characters. Overall a really fun and entertaining game. 9/10. Expand
  15. Aug 21, 2013
    Soy español así que no entendreïs esta análisis, pero no me importa.

Este juego es la ostia, el 3 fue muy bueno y si que se merecía el 9, pero a este como mínimo darle una oportunidad y que llegue al 9,2.

Buenísimas armas, buenos vehículos, superpoderes, y una buenísima historia.

Que pides mas
  16. Aug 20, 2013
    Okay, it is a cash grab by Deep Silver and is basically Saints Row 3 w/ superpowers. But it is still fun, still the Saints and still action oriented. The game still felt a little rushed. But if you enjoyed 3, you will still probably like 4. Just give it a chance.
  17. Aug 21, 2013
    Alright, I expected a warmer reception by the users for this game, but I guess I was wrong. Come on you guys, it may not be the best sandbox game ever made, but it's the best game in the Saints Row IV franchise. The graphics may be dated and some features might have been removed from it's predecessors, but it's still a game you'd wanna pick up and play while drinking your favorite coldAlright, I expected a warmer reception by the users for this game, but I guess I was wrong. Come on you guys, it may not be the best sandbox game ever made, but it's the best game in the Saints Row IV franchise. The graphics may be dated and some features might have been removed from it's predecessors, but it's still a game you'd wanna pick up and play while drinking your favorite cold smoothie. The silly humor is there, the over-the-top action is there and we even got a new addition; super powers. Not only can you beat people to death now, you can also lift 'em up with telekinesis, freeze them, fire them and have a lot of fun while at that. Expand
  18. Nov 11, 2013
    lolololololololololololoolololololloolololololololololololololoololololoolololollolololy4lololololoololololloloolololololololololololoololololololololoolololololo it is the funnniest game and best one i have ever played (just killed zinyak b****es)
  19. Dec 29, 2013
    I avoided getting this game for a long time, but when I saw it on sale for 30 bucks there was no way I could pass it up. First of all the combat is greatly improved with superpowers, many people worried this would dull or ruin the combat but it's a nice step away from the GTA background of the other entries. Secondly the new antagonist Zinyak is hilarious. probably one of my favouriteI avoided getting this game for a long time, but when I saw it on sale for 30 bucks there was no way I could pass it up. First of all the combat is greatly improved with superpowers, many people worried this would dull or ruin the combat but it's a nice step away from the GTA background of the other entries. Secondly the new antagonist Zinyak is hilarious. probably one of my favourite characters from any video game, ever. He notices every cliché move you make and mocks you for it which I just love not to mention he is was wicked mother within the first 2 hours of the game he kills 7 billion people. Finally the humour, many of the lame sex jokes from the third have now been replaced with amazing references (my personal favourite being the MGS level). Not only that it was lots of throw backs to the previous games which is always a welcome addition. SR4 is a must buy. Expand
  20. Jan 29, 2014
    Saints row 4 starts at the top and goes so far over it that it ends up in outer space. Along the way it parodies every game known to man with some of the highpoints being Metal Gear Solid and Mass Effect.
    The story is ridiculous and the dialogue is sharper than a purple energy sword. The gameplay feels a lot fresher than the previous games because of the superpower, this is despite the fact that most of the new weapons,vehicles and enemies are merely reskins.
    At the end of the day Saints row 4 is a hell of a good time and stands out between all the gritty and serious games that came out last year.
  21. Jul 29, 2014
    Saints Row 4 is the best one in the series by far, it has a lot of fan fare, and sets the series on endless possibilities, which makes me excited of what there is to come.

Pros: Nice and colourful world, with great art style Funny, well written lines Features unexpected celebrities Superpowers are awesome and it makes this the best superpower game. Unique guns Lots of

Pros:
    Nice and colourful world, with great art style
    Funny, well written lines
    Features unexpected celebrities
    Superpowers are awesome and it makes this the best superpower game.
    Unique guns
    Lots of customisation
    Lots to do, with variety
    Difficulty is well matched
    Voice acting, sound track is great. Nolan North all the way.
    And it's just plain FUN. That's all this game wants you to have. It's not serious, it isn't trying to send a message. It realises it's just A video game, and it succeeds in that.

Cons:
    Couldn't really being bothered doing some activities again, since I've played all SR's.
  22. Jun 21, 2015
    It's decent but I wish the main story mode was longer. SRIV is a case of too many subquests and not enough story material. It's a pity cause while the plot is insane it's kinda funny and they could have done much more with it. Kind of like SR2 except not nearly as authentic.
  23. Apr 16, 2014
    If you like over the top violence and cheesy corny action style then this game is for you!! I loved Saints Row the Third and was unsure if I was going to enjoy this theme the 4th one had going but I was in for a treat. Many hours have been wasted just running up walls of buildings, killing aliens and blowing stuff up! Oh the soundtrack..I must not forget that amazing soundtrack!! She'sIf you like over the top violence and cheesy corny action style then this game is for you!! I loved Saints Row the Third and was unsure if I was going to enjoy this theme the 4th one had going but I was in for a treat. Many hours have been wasted just running up walls of buildings, killing aliens and blowing stuff up! Oh the soundtrack..I must not forget that amazing soundtrack!! She's Lump Shes Lump Shes in my head...best. But please do yourself a favour and play this game. It might not be serious or have mind blowing graphics but it sure is fuN! Expand
  24. Dec 19, 2014
    More a huge mod than a standalone game. If you liked Saints Row the third you probably will like this too, but i was quiet disappointed. the superpowers were cool, but made the driving and weapons complete useless. But if you are willing to overlook its flaws you can have a great time!
  25. Oct 22, 2015
    Saint's Row IV is a fun open-world game with decent qraphics nd superpowers as a new addition to the franchise. Yes, superpowers! I like this game... it's very entertaining at certain points.
  26. Oct 17, 2015
    Saints Row IV is the best saints row game so far behind saints row the third while it could be the same thing as the third but with superpowers but its fun & the little easter egg of the good old **** bat is back
  27. Mar 14, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okay.

I have played only Saints Row 3 and 4 (and Gat out of Hell if that counts as an actual game and not just DLC dolled up as a full game).

I didn't love 3 as much as everyone else seems to.

The emotional inconsistencies (and I get that this is a satire of other adventure sandbox games) and falls flat on its face humor (the way the BDSM community is portrayed is sad and spooky).

Now, on to 4.

I personally LOVED having super powers.

I loved that you could play the entire game naked, or only covered in slime, and could do a lot of unmentionable things to the 'citizens' of the simulation you live in.

There were decisions about how the thing looked (3 looks infinitely better in all ways) and the way that gameplay was handled that I didn't agree with. Is 4 a cheap ripoff of 3's world? Heck yes. But is 4 a lot of fun - even if it lacks the same brilliant set pieces that made some of 3 a hoot.

4 is a very solitary game. You mostly did things for your teammates. There are exceptions - like the one involving a couple of different versions of the same character - or when you do a really, REALLY boring drive around the simulation - that was only made tolerable by adding sing-a-longs. And when those petered out, it became obvious how empty the exercise was.

But oh the things you'll see.

I find this game strangely relaxing.

Getting worried because the US of A seems to be heading into Fascism and economic collapse (not to mention a military coup)? Then wonder around killing bad guys by the score and use your super powers to your heart's content.

It is a great way to chill.
  28. Feb 29, 2016
    This game ROCKS! Gore and Fun, excellent to pass the time with easy ass trophies! Also awesome songs. SR4 is pretty cool in Co-op but a little boring in campaign after 5 or 6 missions.
  29. Aug 25, 2016
    This is a tough nut to crack, initially. Having played both Saints Row 2 and The Third, I went into this one expecting more over the top GTA type affair. So, initially, I didn't know how I felt about my main character essentially being a super hero trapped in the matrix. But then I thought about it...given the way that The Third ends, there really was no other way to go from there butThis is a tough nut to crack, initially. Having played both Saints Row 2 and The Third, I went into this one expecting more over the top GTA type affair. So, initially, I didn't know how I felt about my main character essentially being a super hero trapped in the matrix. But then I thought about it...given the way that The Third ends, there really was no other way to go from there but just this sort of lunacy. As an owner of both a 360 and a PS3, I have often said that this game feels like the sequel that Crackdown (a highly underrated release title for the 360) should have had. If you can let go of your expectations and lose yourself in the insanity (which, let's be honest, is at the heart of any Saints Row experience), then what you have is a solid, fun game from start to finish!

The leveling elements and power progression really does ramp up in a big way if you do your due diligence and max out your character. You will go from a slightly overpowered Neo-type to a God-like mashup of multiple super heroes. The controls are solid, the open world environment is rich and unique with the new matrix setting, and the bevy of super-powered villains that you must face all make for a fun world to romp through. And nothing beats the first time that you face a Warden...

Take this game for what it is, and it is an excellently unique open-world experience that takes an already ridiculous Saints world to a whole new level. However, if you are simply looking for another installment of GTA-gone-wacky, then you will be disappointed.

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 27, 2013
    Luckily the game's biggest strengths still hold up well, namely the armory of wicked crazy weapons, the variety of goofy enemies to fight - from Deckers to Matriarchs - and the absolute freedom to do whatever the hell you want to. [September p. 68]
  2. Sep 19, 2013
    If you believe that the world of Saints Row has been missing things like telekinesis, giant mechs, and cartoonish megalomaniacs, wait until this year’s Christmas sales. The discounted price will better reflect the cheap nature of this «sequel».
  3. Sep 16, 2013
    If you want good fun, Saints Row IV is the right choice.