6.4

1. May 6, 2011
    Wow, Saw. Really I can't find anything positive to say about this game. It's almost like it was made out of a joke, just to cash in off of the Saw movies name, which I've yet to figure out why there are so many of. The game consists of repetitive and annoying puzzles and traps that instantly kill you around every corner. Cheap way to make a short game take 7 hours to complete, right? The voice acting isn't the worst I've heard, but it is pretty bad. Sometimes it's hard to tell if voice acting will be bad if the dialog sucks. This was a mix of both bad dialog and bad voice acting, and the annoying laughing after you die is just irritating and makes you wish you could throw a fist at whoever recorded it.
    This game seems like it was made primarily for getting an easy platinum or 1000 on your trophies or achievements lists. The only satisfaction I found after completing Saw was taking it out of my PS3 and putting it back on the shelf. Konami is a great company but this game is like an enormous smear on their name. In short if you buy this game expecting at the very least a decent game. You will be entirely disappointed.

1. Saw fails to deliver the suspenseful crescendos, surprising twists, and apprehensive atmosphere of the films. Instead, it’s padded with unremarkable gore, poor pacing, and uninspired level design.
    Saw is a welcome entry in the horror genre that provides a good dosage of thrills. Depending on your tolerance for repetition, it's a good way to test your nerves and scare yourself silly during a dark and stormy night.
  3. This flawed horror adventure gets the atmosphere right, though it isn't as sharp as it could have been.