8.0

1. Oct 14, 2010
    If you have played Devil Kings or any of the Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors series then you likely will have a pretty good idea of what you are getting yourself into with this game. What really sets this game apart is how completely over the top it is! The gameplay is fast and smooth with not so much as a blip in framerate. The selection of characters is good, but the Sengoku BasaraIf you have played Devil Kings or any of the Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors series then you likely will have a pretty good idea of what you are getting yourself into with this game. What really sets this game apart is how completely over the top it is! The gameplay is fast and smooth with not so much as a blip in framerate. The selection of characters is good, but the Sengoku Basara of historical figures that you may be familiar with from the Samurai Warriors frachise will likely be quite different than you are used to. I'm a huge fan of this genre of games and Sengoku Basara is really able to add some new excitement and freshness to the genre without making it seem too different. My only real complaint about the game at all is that Uesugi Kenshin sounds really, really, really weird. That idiosyncratic complaint aside, the game is fast, fun, and completely worthy of your time if you are a fan this genre of games. If you've never played any of the Warriors games, this would be a good place to start. Its not overly difficult, but challenging enough to be fun. There are tons of unlockables and upgrades for your charcters too.

I'm not typically one to complain about other reviews, but some of the critics who rated this game negatively obviously don't like this style of game. If you do like these types of games or mindless action in general, I assure you it is totally fun and worth playing.
  2. Oct 17, 2010
    Amazing, if oyu like this style of game this is a top priority for you! 16 great characters, with great stories, difference paths, kick ass specials, i mean kick ass! Graphics are colourful, effects are great, Voice acting is top notch with funimation backing it up! Laura Bailey, Johhny Yong Bosch, Troy Baker GREAT VOICE ACTING! Get it NOW This is 2000X better than Dynasty warriors/Amazing, if oyu like this style of game this is a top priority for you! 16 great characters, with great stories, difference paths, kick ass specials, i mean kick ass! Graphics are colourful, effects are great, Voice acting is top notch with funimation backing it up! Laura Bailey, Johhny Yong Bosch, Troy Baker GREAT VOICE ACTING! Get it NOW This is 2000X better than Dynasty warriors/ Samurai Warriors :) Expand
  3. Oct 13, 2010
    It's an over the top game which hinges on style and works best when the difficulty is set at maximum, though the technicality of the gameplay is minuscule by comparison to Godhand. But either way the game will suffer the same critical fate, forever doomed to misunderstanding and exile. It's worth a try by any measure of quality though.
  4. Mar 12, 2011
    Well, at least this is a f***ton of a better game than Dragon Age 2. And, yes, I know they are not even remotely related to each other. It just makes my skin crawl to see that DA2 supposedly deserves a better score than this according to "critics".
  5. Jul 31, 2011
    While previously not a HUGE fan of this genre, I have played my share of Warriors titles. I like this one better than Dynasty and Fist of the North Star, and 99 Nights. Its mindless fun but there is a pretty deep combat system when you dig for it. The special Arts moves are ridiculously cool. There is a nice challenge behind the title too which leads to an awarding experience. I dontWhile previously not a HUGE fan of this genre, I have played my share of Warriors titles. I like this one better than Dynasty and Fist of the North Star, and 99 Nights. Its mindless fun but there is a pretty deep combat system when you dig for it. The special Arts moves are ridiculously cool. There is a nice challenge behind the title too which leads to an awarding experience. I dont see this game winning any awards commercially but that doesnt stop it from being a blast! Expand
  6. Mar 21, 2012
    Absolutely! Samurai heroes is so. so fun. Capcom takes the cake with this game, Over the top and just freakin intense. The character leveling system is very fun and feels rewarding. Weapons and items work well together and much needed. Cut scenes are hilarious.
  7. Feb 24, 2013
    The smoother, more stylish and faster version of Samurai Warriors. If you like the warrior games or devil kings i highly recommend you Samurai Heroes. But even improved its just a hackĀ“n slay so everyone else should look elsewhere.
  8. Apr 9, 2012
    I bought this game within a month of its release and after completing one of the characters main stories.
    Other games appeared and i moved on. Recently i started playing it again and realised how much of a classic game it is. Each character has different paths thru-out there story and too get 100% story complete for even one of the characters will take many hours of play. Gameplay is the same as Dynasty warriors but instead of musuo powers you have -Basara powers otherwise combat is the same. for each area you complete and which generals officers you defeat you will get items weapons and materials for upgrades to youre weapons when you complete a battle. some of the later upgrades are noveltys that alter the battle music or have game altering effects. Finding all the required materials to create every upgrade is a great challenge. You can also collect titles depending how you defeated a general which battles you fought and which path thru the story you chose. you also get ai controlled partners that give you stat upgrades like defence up,elemental attack bonus and so on. You can even level up youre partner so they assist you when you you a super basara attack adding even more power too this move. There is a vast array of playable characters and more unlock as you complete different areas and character stories. the graphics for the battle areas, characters and cutscenes are great thru-out the game. This game is a hidden forgotten gem so if you like dynasty warriors or oroichi and you see this anywere pick it up.
  9. Apr 23, 2014
    for fans of button mash vs the swarm like Dynasty Warriors this is a perfect game. It introduces challenge fluid control and character customization options.
    There is really not much to say other than that I havent had this much fun slaying hordes of enemies ever before
  10. Feb 16, 2017
    One of my new favorite game series that Capcom should give more love to rather than the constant Street Fighter 4 rereleases they made for the PS3 and Xbox 360. The game's story is mainly focused very loosely on the Sengoku period where it offers different stories for each character. After completing different stories, you unlock different characters, titles, another costume for theOne of my new favorite game series that Capcom should give more love to rather than the constant Street Fighter 4 rereleases they made for the PS3 and Xbox 360. The game's story is mainly focused very loosely on the Sengoku period where it offers different stories for each character. After completing different stories, you unlock different characters, titles, another costume for the character's story you completed, called garments, and you level up along the way. There are also Quick Battles which are just the same kinds of battles you would do in the Heroes Story mode. The gameplay is very similar to the Dynasty Warriors games in terms of beating hordes of enemies since it is categorized as part of the Hack and Slash genre. The voice acting is pretty good for the English version that I played. They use voice actors are from previous video game series as well as other anime series, which if you look up the names, you'll be sure to recognize somebody. I can't say how the voice acting for the Japanese side of things is because the English version does not contain an option for Japanese dialogue. I'm sure it's good but I can't be too sure about that. Overall, it's an addictive experience that any age bracket or a player of another genre can get into if given the chance. Expand

1. Mar 31, 2011
    Ultimately, despite the flair and lushness of the presentation, the game is pretty monotonous, with the same hack and slash, or in some cases run-and-gun gameplay over and over again.
  2. Feb 8, 2011
    Capcom improved a lot on their previous release, however Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes still needs a lot of work as its far from perfect.
  3. games(TM)
    Jan 20, 2011
    You'll be jabbing the square button until fatigue eventually sets in. [Issue#102, p.106]