7.7

1. Nov 12, 2012
    I don't give out 10's lightly. This is the most re-playable game I have ever played for any platform. If you're a fan of this genre, you likely already know that this version is the light version of Civilization for the PC. A typical Civilization game can take weeks. The typical Civilization Revolution game takes 3 to 6 hours. Sure it's not nearly as deep as the PC versions, but youI don't give out 10's lightly. This is the most re-playable game I have ever played for any platform. If you're a fan of this genre, you likely already know that this version is the light version of Civilization for the PC. A typical Civilization game can take weeks. The typical Civilization Revolution game takes 3 to 6 hours. Sure it's not nearly as deep as the PC versions, but you can't expect PC depth with a platform game. The game has very few bugs and all of the DLC that is available just make the game that much better. I wish they would sell these mini-civ games for platforms regularly. I don't know how you could create a better express version of a Civilization game. My only complaint is that the toughest of the difficulty options could be tougher. Expand
  2. Aug 12, 2013
    This game is awesome. It gets more play in our house than any other PS3 game by far. It has all of the fun of Civilization, but you can finish a game in just a few hours. We love playing, but my wife and I also like to watch the other person play their Civ game. I wish I could find more games that were this fun.

1. Whatever the notable flaws in the PS3 version, they obviously weren’t enough to keep us from playing several times on each of the difficulty levels (although some of those brutal ‘Deity’-level solo games ended pretty damned quickly).
  2. Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution is the most immersive strategy game on the consoles to-date that can offer up this much fun, offline or online and for multiple skill levels.
  3. While Sid Meier has been quoted as saying that this is the Civilization game he always wanted to make, Revolution's got plenty of shortcomings, and the scope of its vision can sometimes outstrip its mechanics. That said, this is a really satisfying strategy game, and though it might be old hat for PC players, there are few experiences quite like it on consoles.