6.6

1. Oct 19, 2011
    Awesome game! Moving around in the levels is absolutely mesmerizing. I'm about half-way through, but once I finish I'm sure I'm gonna be retracing all the levels to collect everything (yes, I'm a trophy-whore :) )
  2. Oct 20, 2011
    Wrapping a sidescrolling game around the edges of buildings and rooftops is really original and stays fresh for the whole game. The look of the game is really stylish and the music fits well. There's lots of upgrades that make your dude really strong as you progress through the game and the levels challenge you to use what you've learned at a good pace. Every level also has 5 secrets which are often hidden behind much tougher puzzles than you find in the first playthrough. A great exclusive for the PS3 platform. Expand

1. Anyone remember Marc Ecko's Getting Up or the ridiculous dance game B-Boy? Sideway: New York shares the same urban lifestyle-roots, and combines it with fairly original platforming action. [Nov 2011, p.98]
  2. Dec 5, 2011
    It's not a horrible game by any means, but it's certainly not a fully realized idea based on what's been shown in this first of three titles.
  3. Controls are awkwardly mapped and the music is unbearably repetitive, but exploration is rewarded and the mechanic is neat enough to keep you playing. [Christmas 2011, p.104]