SingStar PlayStation 3

• Release Date: May 20, 2008
5.9

1. StefanH.
    Dec 28, 2007
    Great game! The BEST party game!
  2. Mar 24, 2011
    I can't sing and this game let's everyone know it. It's still fun with people around, but I feel that it's not worth the $60 that they're asking for. A big dust collecter in my house now.
  3. PaulE.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Wireless microphones and hundred of downloadable songs were promised on launch, but never materialized. The song selection is poor, some of the songs are difficult to sing and the melodies are indistinct. Game modes are lacking can't I sing one song, a friend sing another and then the best score wins. The only way to compete is to sing the same song at the same time. Disappointing.
  4. SeriousSam
    Jun 16, 2008
    Lots of fun when you have sing-loving people over. The presentation is fluid and gorgeous. The music videos are a nice touch. The pitch bars are interesting but really show how off key one could be, and gives a visible measure of ability in battle mode - but it can also be turned off via practice mode. Then there are the two true bummers. One, the song your singing to isn't Lots of fun when you have sing-loving people over. The presentation is fluid and gorgeous. The music videos are a nice touch. The pitch bars are interesting but really show how off key one could be, and gives a visible measure of ability in battle mode - but it can also be turned off via practice mode. Then there are the two true bummers. One, the song your singing to isn't instrumental, meaning you will hear the vocals. You can turn up the mic volume to overcome the song's vocals, but to turn them off entirely would be useful. Two, the current online store selection is lacking. 1/3 to 1/2 of the 300 artists currently available I've never heard of in the US - I'm glad they included the European ones, but without the staples of Madonna, Foreigner, Phil Collins (to name a few) it could never be truly great. If you're going to win over Karaoke Revolution, Rock Band, etc., then win the content war. Sign more labels, get more songs, make more money. Expand
  5. TedE.
    Jul 11, 2008
    Unless you have the PS3 Eye-toy and plan on using the MySingStar Online features (an exhibitionist's dream) religiously, then think twice. The polished interface masks a rather barebones package. The in-game songlist is varied but rather weak. The microphones produce very poor quality sound on even the most elaborate sound systems. To date there are 230+ songs available online, but I Unless you have the PS3 Eye-toy and plan on using the MySingStar Online features (an exhibitionist's dream) religiously, then think twice. The polished interface masks a rather barebones package. The in-game songlist is varied but rather weak. The microphones produce very poor quality sound on even the most elaborate sound systems. To date there are 230+ songs available online, but I challenge you to find more than 6 to 8 that you actually enjoy singing. 80% of the songs are random pop groups (many of them European) that I guaranty you've never even heard of. And licensing limitations means that Americans don't get a lot of great 80's songs that ARE available in other countries (i.e. Depeche Mode, Erasure, Morrisey, etc.) And now, they've already released a SingStar Volume 2, which pretty much destroys the promise that this Singstar was going to be the only version you were ever going to need to buy. Well, I bought it... and now I am regretting it. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Unless you're the sort of misanthrope who never invites people over to your place, new Singstar is essential to the PS3 experience. [Oct 2007, p.90]
  2. The complete party package, made yet more essential by all the new features. [Nov 2007, p.68]
  3. Edge Magazine
    The constant flow of new content makes it a game that will last as long as Sony’s console does – that is, if you’re prepared to make the financial investment required to maintain a song library. [Nov 2007, p.95]