Skate PlayStation 3

8.1

1. May 19, 2015
    Skate takes a lot of the passion of something like a tony hawk 2 and really feeds into what skating culture is now while still keeping it self funny and simple enough to appeal to the casual person like me who had no idea what even a pop shove-it was

Pros Funny/lighthearted enriching world and heart simple well rounded gameplay/fan progression system Cons a lot of minor bugs

Pros
    Funny/lighthearted
    enriching world and heart
    simple well rounded gameplay/fan progression system

Cons
    a lot of minor bugs
    little interaction with npcs and the main character
  2. Jan 16, 2013
    Skate stood out to me due to its open world and graphics. Its world is full of things to do. Its the open world that really made me come back to it so many times afterwords. The story here is also ace. Starting the bottom of the hierarchy of skaters to the top you eventually work your way to the XGAMES. Which is overall brilliant and trumps any other skateboard games story even to thisSkate stood out to me due to its open world and graphics. Its world is full of things to do. Its the open world that really made me come back to it so many times afterwords. The story here is also ace. Starting the bottom of the hierarchy of skaters to the top you eventually work your way to the XGAMES. Which is overall brilliant and trumps any other skateboard games story even to this day. Especially due to how good the customization of your skater is. Its controls are what really matters here though. They are smooth and rewarding. Meaning no matter how you skate you'll enjoy it. Expand
  3. Mar 27, 2011
    this game is compleatly awsome and amazing up until the point where it gets so hard it is impossible to continue in the career. the graphics the game play and everything about this game is amazing but i cant give this game a high score because there is a point in the game where it is impossible to go any farther in the game due to the difficulty.
  4. ValC.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Okay, the game is great, and the best skater game in many, many years, but it's ridiculously difficult to beat many of the challenges and goals that the middle of the game brings. You think you're doing one trick when you accidentally do another, so it's not really the best control scheme either.
  5. JonathanL.
    Jul 7, 2008
    King of innovation for the sports genre. Skate is an experience that skateboarders and sports fans alike can fall in love with. The gameplay never gets dry and the single-player campaign takes about 20-hours to finish. A huge landscape filled with a variety of objects to try your best on and a multi-player make this a game that lasts a long time. The only things holding the game back are King of innovation for the sports genre. Skate is an experience that skateboarders and sports fans alike can fall in love with. The gameplay never gets dry and the single-player campaign takes about 20-hours to finish. A huge landscape filled with a variety of objects to try your best on and a multi-player make this a game that lasts a long time. The only things holding the game back are multi-player lag and framerate drops. Expand
  6. MattL.
    Jul 2, 2008
    This game beats tony hawks by far. It takes time to learn the tricks instead of 5 mins. Some of the challenges are insane but it all is worth it in the end.And video/screenshots is a nice addition .One of my favorite games of all time.
  7. MichelS.
    Feb 25, 2008
    The best version for the game: the PS3! It has better floor textures than the 360 version.
  8. MasJ.
    Jan 13, 2008
    Fun for 10 hours or so experimenting on tricks around the city. Graphics and physics are great. If you think a trick should be possible, it probably is thanks to very detailed modelling of surfaces. Instant replay of great tricks is fun to watch. Once the thrill of landing a great trick wears off, there isn't much to keep it from being a trade-in.
  9. RickardH.
    Jan 7, 2008
    A nice refresh of the Skate genre after playing alot of Tony Hawk's games. They are also good but this sets a new standard!
  10. Anker
    Dec 27, 2007
    This is my second favorite game on the PS3 right now... behind Call of Duty 4... duh. But this is even more accessible at times than CoD4. It's a great game, even after owning it since the day it came out, to pick up and play for at least an hour or two. The story is good, not great... but that's not why you should buy it. You should buy it because it's one of the most fun This is my second favorite game on the PS3 right now... behind Call of Duty 4... duh. But this is even more accessible at times than CoD4. It's a great game, even after owning it since the day it came out, to pick up and play for at least an hour or two. The story is good, not great... but that's not why you should buy it. You should buy it because it's one of the most fun games I've ever played. Period. Expand
  11. SG
    Oct 17, 2007
    This game is awesome! I had never played a skateboarding game before this and only downloaded the demo on a whim. It hooked me immediately and after it was released I've found it hard to play anything else. As someone new to the genre, I found the controls incredible intuitive with the 'right-stick' 'flick-it' actions. To people also unfamiliar with this genre, if This game is awesome! I had never played a skateboarding game before this and only downloaded the demo on a whim. It hooked me immediately and after it was released I've found it hard to play anything else. As someone new to the genre, I found the controls incredible intuitive with the 'right-stick' 'flick-it' actions. To people also unfamiliar with this genre, if a big part of your enjoyment of the GTA games was finding interesting places to jump your motorcycles and cars, then you'll LOVE this game. The city is full of challenging and crazy fun areas just begging to be jumped, ground, or bailed over. At the very least, download the demo. You won't be disappointed. The only element I wish they could've added was 'walking'. Sometimes you'll wish you could just walk up a set of stairs. Expand
  12. BradleyB.
    Oct 7, 2007
    Far better than the worn out & overplayed Tony Hawk franchise of games. Far less poseur gear (I.E. no Element) & also showcases some pro skaters that are worthy of the press.
  13. AlexD.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Missing very little but its a million times better then Tony Hawk's games.
  14. LordXellos
    Sep 21, 2007
    I think this is an awesome game for people who like showing off,i also think the graphics are pretty good 2 :-) the main thing i liked about it is the tricks are more of a challenge to do its not just button mashing witch is very stupid cuz all the Xbox,ps2,ps3.... games come with a manual telling you how to do all the tricks.
  15. ThomR.
    Sep 14, 2007
    fFun is the word , feels great, very addicting !!! great work ea, there were doubters but not anymore !

As a brand new IP, based on an idea that could have completely blown up in EA's face, skate is an amazingly complete experience. Those who choose to relax and skate leisurely -- looking for cool lines and taking on the occasional challenge -- will likely find the most enjoyment.
    Built around utterly convincing physics and animation systems and a unique control scheme that's equal parts challenge and reward, it manages to be realistic without being discouraging and feels completely different from not only the competition, but from anything else out there.
  3. These controls feel great, and they really need to since the game isn’t in the slightest bit forgiving. When you go for a grind, you won’t magically be transported onto the rail. You have to line it up and pray that you time your jump and adjoining trick correctly.