Sniper: Ghost Warrior PlayStation 3

6.0

1. Oct 9, 2016
    Sniper Ghost Warrior had a lot of potential. There were moments when the game was truly satisfying. The game is quite linear however and at times forces the player to do exactly as their told or the game penalizes them severely by all enemies in the area knowing precisely where the player is on the map. The quality of the maps is okay at best. I enjoy making my own maps with the Far Cry 4Sniper Ghost Warrior had a lot of potential. There were moments when the game was truly satisfying. The game is quite linear however and at times forces the player to do exactly as their told or the game penalizes them severely by all enemies in the area knowing precisely where the player is on the map. The quality of the maps is okay at best. I enjoy making my own maps with the Far Cry 4 map editor on my Xbox 360 and then playing through the missions I invented. Thing is, I am at best, an amateur map-maker and the mistakes I make are found on these levels made by professionals. Rocks float in mid air, ground in a tent blocks the back entrance half way up the door, Build foundations are floating a couple inches off the ground and ladders magically are absorbed partly into rock as though the rock is slowly devouring it! These are the kinds of mistakes I make with my map editor - it should NOT be the kind made by professionals. I am a big fan of sniping games (Sniper Elite V2, Sniper Elite 3 for example) and I would like to think I am forgiving of genres I enjoy. Sniper Ghost Warrior however has a LOT of mistakes in it that were never fixed that should have been done so. The PS3 version came out 1 year after the Xbox 360 version and still it appears like it was rushed out the door. I picked the game up for $5 so I am not too concerned about getting my money's worth. I would give the game a 6.5/10. Expand

1. Dec 14, 2011
    Sniper: Ghost Warrior is a game suitable only for fans of the genre. It's a perfect product for people who love calm and strategic shooter, but it is tedious and frustrating for those who do not love him.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 19, 2011
    Although the art of sniping has transformed into a game quite nicely, the other aspects don't compliment the fine mechanics of long distance shooting. Superhuman AI is the biggest issue, because green-dressed soldiers with x-ray vision mixed in green jungle make it almost impossible to stay alive. [June 2011]
  3. Aug 15, 2011
    Going into Sniper: Ghost Warrior with fairly low expectations, you may find yourself pleasantly surprised. Despite some of the heavy-handed mechanics and under-developed online portion there is still an enjoyable experience to be had.