• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: May 22, 2012
7.2

1. Jun 21, 2014
    56/100: I guess the developers of Sorcery had a great game with a great story in mind but it didn't work out as good as they expected. The game uses the PlayStation move, but the usage of the move didn't work out really well. The combat system is kinda crappy while it could be much better and it would have been improving the game quite a bit. The story was OK but the combat really irritated sometimes which did make the game a bit more irritating and really didn't make me wanna play the game to the end (although I did). Expand
  2. Aug 1, 2013
    Just got this and its a fantastic game. The move integration is great, but the camera is a bit iffy, But this is easily overcome. Graphines are good and i highly recommend it.
  3. Jun 20, 2012
    I gave the game ZERO OF 10 because it is the exploitation of the FANS PS3 ! I've got the MOVE, but do not want to Play it with a MOVE !!!! Do everything by force has become now!!!??? CAPCOM company that is sick and you need to Change my administration off ...!
  4. May 30, 2012
    The voice acting is annoying, the framrate is awful and the game is very short. I remember when they showed this on e3 years ago and it looked good but this garabage was not worth the wait.
  5. May 28, 2012
    Sorcery is a game full of originality, the story is not so trivial and the level design is workmanlike . the graphic engine is the unreal engine 3 and it still does its job . Sometimes you could experience some slowdown but this problem does not ruin the work of Santa Monica. Other effects like physics and light effects can carry you in a magic world . For what concerned game mechanics , there is hardly better , All of the controls and combo make you feel a real wizard, the only negative things about game mechanics are reppresented by aiming system during the most hectic phases. Buy sorcery is a just reward for buying a ps move. Expand
  6. May 25, 2012
    The game isn't perfect. Alchemy and the puzzle elements are pretty simple and never evolve. But if you can look past that there's a charming game. The controls work well. Learning new spells and combining them keeps things fun and fresh. The decision to change the art direction to have more of a Celtic theme was a good one. The world, music, and illustrated cutscenes benefit from it. This is easily the best game for the Move and a step in bridging the gap between Move titles and traditional games. Expand
  7. May 23, 2012
    I'm now a proud Move owner who has the best PSMove game ever made. The controls are as good as they can possibly be. The game isn't on rails, there are tons of areas to explore off the main path with treasure to find and puzzles to solve. The Boss fights are challenging and the higher difficulty settings make you really pay attention to how you use your spells. And just because the game is short doesn't mean you you don't have reasons to play it again; there are lots of achievements and alchemy recipies to try.

I think the small number of negative reviews have been a result of not knowing how to use the controller. You don't have to "repeatedly pretend you are hitting a nail with a hammer", although if you want to play that way and be bored you can. I have a lot more fun swinging the wand sideways - like trying to skip a stone across water - to get my magic missiles to curve around stuff that enemies are hiding behind.

Also, if you have been playing Wii games then you are probably at a loss for how the Move actually works... it's WAY more accurate and sensitive to how you hold it. If you want to shoot magic bolts up high, you actually have to AIM HIGH. Shaking it around like a rattle will get you nowhere, the game takes actual SKILL, which is a rare thing for games these days.

The one drawback is that there is no multiplayer or co-op, but I guess that was never in the cards to begin with and you can't fault a developer for focusing on doing one thing well. And since I can't give it a 9.5, I guess I'll have to round up. :)
  8. May 23, 2012
    Sorcery is a beautiful game; crafting, fighting and magic, what more can a person ask for? The environments and characters are fantastic, the game play is super fun, and the story holds my attention as I progress through each level. I finally have a good reason to own a PlayStation Move.
  9. May 23, 2012
    It's a really pretty game with interesting enemies and a solid story.There's a really satisfying KAPOW for each spell with the Move that a normal button press doesn't quite achieve. The story is completely classic. Arching acrane bolts and lightning traps are really fun and the polymorph potions are awesome. Each boss actually makes you think about what to do with your magic. Easily worth the 40 bucks. Expand
  10. May 23, 2012
    The best Move game available on the console. Although when you really think about it, it's not much of an accolade to have hanging from your chest. Despite the obvious lack of quality Move titles I found enough reasons to 'borrow' my girlfriends Move for the week. Sorcery is a simple title. You play a sorcerer's apprentice by the name of Finn in a world greatly inspired by Irish mythology, the kind of thing that was stuffed down into my bedtime stories as a child in rural Ireland. The plot is simple, it weaves an interesting reason to keep playing. But that's not why we're here. How does the game cope with the Move? Surprisingly well actually. It's one of the few games which feels very responsive and in tune with the game, rather than just relying on the 'wag for your dear little life' approach. Aim is important, the ideas and motions behind the spells and powers are relatable to the actions performed in the game. But while offering quite a few powers and options for combat, you'll quickly fall into the trap of becoming too comfortable with maybe two or three particular powers and then proceed to neglect some of the later spells. Still, despite the issues and the limitations Sorcery succeeds in becoming the best reason to own a Move. So far at least. Expand
  11. May 23, 2012
    What's there to say about Sorcery? It's decent. It IS indeed one of the better PS move titles but there aren't many good move titles so it's not saying a lot. I finished the single player in about 13-14 hours and well here are my final thoughts. The game can be incredibly boring at times. I am a big fan of playing as a mage in games that I have the option to do so but this one was just out there. I found little or no interest in both of our main characters, both voice actors aren't bad. I just thought they were too kiddish for my tastes. I do like the way every area looked the sprites were very colorful and vivid.. however... the linear dungeons felt like they dragged on forever to make up for the lack of areas in the game. The spell switching feels atrociously bad. What was wrong with a simple up down left right. Instead we have these circles, it made it difficult for me to switch to wind spells why does something like switching a spell have to seem so complicated at times. At first I thought ps move was not calibrated properly, this was not the case I calibrated several times and I still could not switch to this spell so after a while I eventually just spun the wand in circles until it would eventually come up by randomly swinging motions. Another problem is the alchemy thing, brewing up potions gets irritating. I don't want to do all these extra hand movements and act like I'm drinking an imaginary potion... I would have liked to see a tad more RPG elements too. Buying ingredients to make potions to beef you up in a way is ok but it didn't really make me feel very rewarded. I would've rather killed a bunch of enemies with fire to strengthen my fire spells. This is an ok game maybe people will disagree for better or for worse. There is reason to play it again after completing it since no NG+ so I don't even know if the 40 dollar price tag justifies this game, unless you really want trophies. Expand
  12. May 22, 2012
    Really happy with this game. Love using alchemy to make my character stronger. My favorite parts are the boss fights because you really have to figure out how to use the spells you get. Its colorful and the music is really good too. Good job Sony and Workshop, I have a PSMove game I actually want to play!
  13. May 22, 2012
    Best move control game ever! Amazing magical environments. The game play with the wand is really accurate and you can feel the spell casting. The game includes puzzles as well as a being a shooter mixing it up to a fun action game.
  14. May 23, 2012

1. Oct 13, 2012
    A decent action adventure with heavy emphasis on magical battles. It's almost a shooting game, which is a kind of disappointing. [Aug 2012]
  2. Jul 9, 2012
    Finally, a PlayStation Move game that seems to matter. It's a bit too short and also a bit too simple, but in the end you will remember this colorful platform game as an enriching Move experience.
  3. As a single-player thing, Sorcery is just okay. You run, you stick your shimmering shield up if things get hairy, you wave spells at shambling horrors, and a lot of the time our boy Finn does something completely mental because the control scheme is a very delicate thing indeedily. It's simple but frenetic, with some surprisingly nutty moments and even nuttier boss battles. [July 2012, p81]