8.5

1. Mar 6, 2014
    This definitely is a must buy if you’re a fan of the show, but even if you aren’t,nows is the time to give it a shot. A lot of people say its like paper mario rag so if your familiar with paper mario i'm sure you'll find the combat to your liking. Stick of the truth has to be what the fans dreamed for.

Maki
  2. Mar 4, 2014
    This is by far the best RPG of the year so far! the combat is old school like paper mario and
    mario rpg. This game is also one of the funniest games i have ever played. there is a ton of fan service in this game but non fans will not fill lost at all.most rpg fans will like this even if not a south park fan.
    the only rpg games that have a shot at being better this year are Final fantasy
    x hd and the witcher 3,
    nothing else this year will beat this as far as rpgs go.
  3. Mar 4, 2014
    The combat system is just amazing, very old school but really enjoyable thanks to a couple of tweaks. The amount of loot is just ridiculous. The only complaint is about the minor bugs that are around and the clunky UI, but that is really subjective. In the end, after a couple of patches, this game will be legendary!
  4. Mar 4, 2014
    Definitely the funniest game I've ever seen, no flaws either. The way that the TV show has been turned into a game, without losing the style or humour that makes it so great is just amazing.
  5. Mar 4, 2014
    I wont deny there's a few bugs (Though nothing that shouldn't be squashed by a patch or two) but the most important part is that it has all a game requires: It is fun and addictive. Give it a try!
  6. Mar 4, 2014
    Simply put, this is one of the best RPG's I've ever played. It takes aspects from games such as The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, to Paper Mario. Adds to them, and is also the funniest game I have ever played. Easily 10/10 if you're a fan of the show, if not then still I'd give it at least a 9/10 for style, and originality. Best South Park Game, one of the best games this year.
  7. Mar 6, 2014
    This game is so funny, I loved it. The combat is great and old school but introduces a lot of fun things to keep you interested. You will be laughing the whole way through. The only complaint I have is the price tag... It's an awesome game, but it's really short and I doubt you will play it more than one time.

By the way... the negative review that said something about not being able to
    press the buttons fast enough on pc?... I play it on pc and it's easy to press the buttons they ask you to hit, lol. Sound like more of a personal problem rather then get on Metacritic and give it a '1' rating. xD Expand
  8. Mar 4, 2014
    This game has all of the humor you love in South Park and more. While at the same time being a surprisingly deep RPG with a lot of variety. Loving it!
  9. Mar 5, 2014
    The Stick of Truth is a near perfect RPG/ licensed title. It is always funny, good combat system, boss battles, simple yet fun, graphics that make it look like a South Park episode, etc. This is the one licensed title that did not feel like it was a complete cash grab. I am eight hours into it and it is only getting better. The only real complaints I have is it is somewhat clunky with the dodge at times (but not bad enough to be detrimental) and the humor is somewhat inaccessible to non fans. But still a must buy. Expand
  10. Mar 7, 2014
    Fun game willing to play through again, feels like a very long episode of south park, a bit more raunchy but hey when you buy a south park game what else would you expect. It really feels like your watching the show, but playing in it as well. Exceeds all expectation.
  11. Mar 8, 2014
    In the beginning i had my concerns about this game. But after an hour i got completely hooked.
    It's been quite some time now since a game forced me to play it though just to find my self sad it has already ended.
    It is a must buy for fans of the series. It mixes everything you have seen on the episodes so far and puts everything into a perfect, incredibly funny storyline.
    It simply is a
    masterpiece. Expand
  12. Mar 5, 2014
    I've scoured the negative reviews so far and I can't make sense of what people don't like about it. Some say it's too short, but not if you play on hardcore. Some idiot posted in here saying that the controls are too difficult on PC - then get a controller. This game is OUTSTANDING.
  13. Mar 7, 2014
    This game by far is going to be rated for best game of 2014. So much fun and is great to any South Park fans, even non fans would enjoy the RPG aspect of the game, lots of side quests, funny moments that will have you crying with laughter, the amount of customization is top notch, every 10 seconds you will find something you will want to add t your character. it stays fresh constantly. and i have never known a game where i am happy to just wander around the map looking for fun things to do. worth the cost, worth the time and effort. also you will enjoy the seemless gameplay, absolutely no loading screens. Love everything about this game will recommend to anyone i meet. Expand
  14. Mar 5, 2014
    It feels like a long, strung-together story line of episodes. This game is funny, simple to learn, complex for those who want it, and pays tribute to hard core fans. If you can name any episode in South Park, it's probably referenced.

PS. I actually think the game is funnier and more clever than the show!
  15. Mar 5, 2014
    A very refreshing game that feels completely legit and totally deserves the South Park name. The humour from the show is 100% intact and the gameplay is simplistic but very enjoyable. Having a great time with this one!
  16. Mar 13, 2014
    best licensed game ever made in the history of the world..............................................remember, never fart on someones balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Mar 5, 2014
    The game is great its funny its engaging and references everywherem, southpark fans will love finding them all. Dollar per hour the game isn't really worth it but when the price drops i by all means recommend it.
  18. Mar 8, 2014
    The Stick of Truth is easily one of the funniest games I've played in a long time. It's also one of the best licensed game ever created. The artwork is beautiful and the gameplay works pretty well all things considered. My biggest issue would be the length. I literally did everything there was to do in just under 13 hours. Despite that, it's a very fun and rewarding game. Something that would be perfect to expand upon! Expand
  19. Mar 7, 2014
    As a South Park its quite a funny. But as RPG its crap. Tons of useless items and abilities. Money have no value in here. Not well balanced and no replayability.
  20. Mar 4, 2014
    I think this is one of the best games I've played on my PS3. The game just feels like an extended South Park episode, with all the humor and sillinnes of the show. Like a game it's just great, it's a very good RPG, like older games and I just love it. Has replayability value, lots of side quest, the story is great, the dialogs are hilarious, a lot of things you can recognize from the sow, and you can even explore the forest and Canada!
    **** love it.
  21. Mar 14, 2014
    One of the funniest, most entertaining games i have played in a long time, it is the equivalent of playing/watching a 14 hour South Park episode and us fans know how awesome that is.
  22. Mar 4, 2014
    Now I've only played for maybe an hour and it's a very good game. It feels like that you are playing multiple episodes that are all a continuation of the other in a season. The only complaint that I have right now is the loading. I've found there to be A LOT of loading screens, and sadly that does take away some of the experience. When every thing is seem less you are immersed within the game and having the time of your life, and when you get a loading screen when you enter a house or from a cutscene that has to load, it really throws you out of the game (not literally). I really do look forward to playing the rest of the game. Expand
  23. Mar 4, 2014
    Much better than expected. Every South Park fan will love this game. It's very addicting and the story just won't let you stop playing. By far the best South Park game out there.
  24. Mar 5, 2014
    only played a few hours so far, but dammit is it hilarious XD and the RPG elements are spot on IMO. I'm really liking it so far. I play on PC(isKing) and all the supposed bugs and glitches are almost non existent so far. Bad ass game, hands down best SP game out there.:D
  25. Mar 5, 2014
    This game is absolutely epic! It literally feels like the show if you're a fan of South Park you'll absolutely love it but even if you're not like my (friend who never watches the show) he said he really liked it too especially the RPG aspects of the game. Best Licensed game since Simpsons: Hit and Run in my opinion!
  26. Mar 5, 2014
    As a fan of South park, i love the game, and the references to the show. Combat can be repetitive and the button mashing segments suck. But it's still a highly enjoyable trump through a world South Park fans will love to explore.
  27. Mar 5, 2014
    Brilliant game, extremely funny - combat is alright too. Every South Park fan will absolutely love this game; the references to specific SP episodes are hilarious and very common.
  28. Mar 7, 2014
    For a fan of south park like me, this game is absolutely awesome!
    A RPG game with the tematic of south park was perfect, and the fact that references to skyrim was very funny. A of the best game of this year!
  29. Mar 12, 2014
    If you love South Park, you will love this game. It's short, easy, but who cares. My wife couldn't understand how I paid 60 bucks for a three day game but she doesn't watch South Park. I tried to find everything and complete every mission, ended up getting about 20 hours out of it. Funny, disgusting, wrong, South Park. This may be the creators Magnum Opus, they just need to add some expansions.
    And by the way, Cartman's special abilities come highly recommended. I cracked up every time I got to use them and I used a lot.
    I laughed at least 18 hours out of the 20 I played.
    I give it an eight because it cost 10 bucks to much for twenty hours of game play
  30. Mar 13, 2014
    Only reason I don't give this a perfect score is because they aren't making any more (the game took longer than Matt and Trey planned and the original publisher went belly up). If you want a game that celebrates the last fifteen seasons of South Park (more or less) this is the definitive game. Many say it's a short game but I plan on this staying in my collection as the only licensed South Park game actually voiced and co-created by Matt and Trey. I'll finish it and revisit it every few months as one of the other three available character classes. If you are a fan of South Park, this is a must buy. There are some performance issues here and there but nothing serious or game-breaking. Gotta log off now and play it some more... Expand

1. Apr 7, 2014
    Shameless, hilarious and surprisingly complex - an essential purchase for RPG and show fans. [May 2014, p.64]
  2. Apr 6, 2014
    The best South Park game to date (not that that's saying much) and manages to hold up both in terms of RPG mechanics and comedy value. [Issue#242, p.67]
  3. Mar 21, 2014
    Grabbing this title is a no-brainer for the show's legions of devotees.