8.4

1. Mar 6, 2014
    This definitely is a must buy if you’re a fan of the show, but even if you aren’t,nows is the time to give it a shot. A lot of people say its like paper mario rag so if your familiar with paper mario i'm sure you'll find the combat to your liking. Stick of the truth has to be what the fans dreamed for.

Maki
  2. Mar 4, 2014
    This is by far the best RPG of the year so far! the combat is old school like paper mario and
    mario rpg. This game is also one of the funniest games i have ever played. there is a ton of fan service in this game but non fans will not fill lost at all.most rpg fans will like this even if not a south park fan.
    the only rpg games that have a shot at being better this year are Final fantasy
    x hd and the witcher 3,
    nothing else this year will beat this as far as rpgs go.
  3. Mar 4, 2014
    The combat system is just amazing, very old school but really enjoyable thanks to a couple of tweaks. The amount of loot is just ridiculous. The only complaint is about the minor bugs that are around and the clunky UI, but that is really subjective. In the end, after a couple of patches, this game will be legendary!
  4. Mar 4, 2014
    Definitely the funniest game I've ever seen, no flaws either. The way that the TV show has been turned into a game, without losing the style or humour that makes it so great is just amazing.
  5. Mar 4, 2014
    I wont deny there's a few bugs (Though nothing that shouldn't be squashed by a patch or two) but the most important part is that it has all a game requires: It is fun and addictive. Give it a try!
  6. Mar 4, 2014
    Simply put, this is one of the best RPG's I've ever played. It takes aspects from games such as The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, to Paper Mario. Adds to them, and is also the funniest game I have ever played. Easily 10/10 if you're a fan of the show, if not then still I'd give it at least a 9/10 for style, and originality. Best South Park Game, one of the best games this year.
  7. Mar 5, 2014
    I've scoured the negative reviews so far and I can't make sense of what people don't like about it. Some say it's too short, but not if you play on hardcore. Some idiot posted in here saying that the controls are too difficult on PC - then get a controller. This game is OUTSTANDING.
  8. Mar 7, 2014
    As a South Park its quite a funny. But as RPG its crap. Tons of useless items and abilities. Money have no value in here. Not well balanced and no replayability.
  9. Mar 6, 2014
    This game is so funny, I loved it. The combat is great and old school but introduces a lot of fun things to keep you interested. You will be laughing the whole way through. The only complaint I have is the price tag... It's an awesome game, but it's really short and I doubt you will play it more than one time.

By the way... the negative review that said something about not being able to
    press the buttons fast enough on pc?... I play it on pc and it's easy to press the buttons they ask you to hit, lol. Sound like more of a personal problem rather then get on Metacritic and give it a '1' rating. xD Expand
  10. Mar 4, 2014
    This game has all of the humor you love in South Park and more. While at the same time being a surprisingly deep RPG with a lot of variety. Loving it!
  11. Mar 13, 2014
    best licensed game ever made in the history of the world..............................................remember, never fart on someones balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Mar 5, 2014
    The Stick of Truth is a near perfect RPG/ licensed title. It is always funny, good combat system, boss battles, simple yet fun, graphics that make it look like a South Park episode, etc. This is the one licensed title that did not feel like it was a complete cash grab. I am eight hours into it and it is only getting better. The only real complaints I have is it is somewhat clunky with the dodge at times (but not bad enough to be detrimental) and the humor is somewhat inaccessible to non fans. But still a must buy. Expand
  13. Mar 7, 2014
    Fun game willing to play through again, feels like a very long episode of south park, a bit more raunchy but hey when you buy a south park game what else would you expect. It really feels like your watching the show, but playing in it as well. Exceeds all expectation.
  14. Mar 8, 2014
    In the beginning i had my concerns about this game. But after an hour i got completely hooked.
    It's been quite some time now since a game forced me to play it though just to find my self sad it has already ended.
    It is a must buy for fans of the series. It mixes everything you have seen on the episodes so far and puts everything into a perfect, incredibly funny storyline.
    It simply is a
    masterpiece. Expand
  15. Mar 10, 2014
    This will be a good game if they ever get it fixed. Glitchy as hell. Ridiculous and painful button mashing on PS3. Frustrating waste of time at this point. Don't buy this until it gets patched!
  16. May 5, 2014
    overall, its fun and feels like the show. but gets very boring fast. Very short game and leaves nothing to do after beating it. One of those games where its better to rent than to buy it to only trade it in a week later for half its value. there are alot of things that could have been done to keep the game going like multiplayer, being able to recruit other children and wage war with other factions (would be never ending at that point), instead of just being left with the only option is to keep running around farting on people or restart it over Expand
  17. Mar 7, 2014
    This game by far is going to be rated for best game of 2014. So much fun and is great to any South Park fans, even non fans would enjoy the RPG aspect of the game, lots of side quests, funny moments that will have you crying with laughter, the amount of customization is top notch, every 10 seconds you will find something you will want to add t your character. it stays fresh constantly. and i have never known a game where i am happy to just wander around the map looking for fun things to do. worth the cost, worth the time and effort. also you will enjoy the seemless gameplay, absolutely no loading screens. Love everything about this game will recommend to anyone i meet. Expand
  18. Mar 5, 2014
    It feels like a long, strung-together story line of episodes. This game is funny, simple to learn, complex for those who want it, and pays tribute to hard core fans. If you can name any episode in South Park, it's probably referenced.

PS. I actually think the game is funnier and more clever than the show!
  19. Mar 10, 2014
    Whilst The Stick of Truth is finally a South Park game that earns its license, I cannot help being slightly underwhelmed by the time I reached its conclusion. Nevertheless Stone and Parker have thrown as many hilarious references into the old school gameplay fold of RPGs and just about get away with it. Whether it's the hilarious 8bit interpretation of Canada, the gross enemy attacks, or just the entire premise of the story The Stick of Truth does manage to inject some variety even if it often lacks sense or any real depth. It gets to the point where I was no longer sure whether Obsidian were being lazy or just too busy spoofing and being satirical to case. Despite the flaws of its running time, The Stick of Truths strengths lie in its writing, tweaked turn-based combat and a nostalgic fun that I haven't experienced for too long. In an industry that has become stubborn in its need to be over serious and accepted as an art form here is a game that remembers why we picked up a controller in the first place. Eat your heart out gritty realism! Expand
  20. Mar 16, 2014
    There is one criteria for a good game: if you finish it, then it's probably good. This one I did finish. It's fun, it's well made, has some really good jokes. For those who love South Park I would recommend for the humor.
  21. Mar 5, 2014
    A very refreshing game that feels completely legit and totally deserves the South Park name. The humour from the show is 100% intact and the gameplay is simplistic but very enjoyable. Having a great time with this one!
  22. Mar 5, 2014
    The game is great its funny its engaging and references everywherem, southpark fans will love finding them all. Dollar per hour the game isn't really worth it but when the price drops i by all means recommend it.
  23. Mar 8, 2014
    The Stick of Truth is easily one of the funniest games I've played in a long time. It's also one of the best licensed game ever created. The artwork is beautiful and the gameplay works pretty well all things considered. My biggest issue would be the length. I literally did everything there was to do in just under 13 hours. Despite that, it's a very fun and rewarding game. Something that would be perfect to expand upon! Expand
  24. Mar 4, 2014
    I think this is one of the best games I've played on my PS3. The game just feels like an extended South Park episode, with all the humor and sillinnes of the show. Like a game it's just great, it's a very good RPG, like older games and I just love it. Has replayability value, lots of side quest, the story is great, the dialogs are hilarious, a lot of things you can recognize from the sow, and you can even explore the forest and Canada!
    **** love it.
  25. Mar 14, 2014
    One of the funniest, most entertaining games i have played in a long time, it is the equivalent of playing/watching a 14 hour South Park episode and us fans know how awesome that is.
  26. Mar 11, 2014
    The game has a lot of flaws. Cons no story the game nags you on battles the jokes seem to be the same. Example with butters he'll randomly say 'I got ___ behind that' Or i got ____ over there. A huge con is the button mashing, I mean come on i thought this was phased out in late 2010. Another the game is short with no replay value what so ever. Most spells are Useless combat is pretty fun toward the end but the beginning its way to easy.

Its just not worth dropping 60$ on a 8-9 hour game...
  27. Mar 11, 2014
    It outright disturbs me that people are rating this game so highly, it is over priced garbage. I completed everything in the game at right under 16 hours and the mechanics are so stupid the last thing I wanted to do was play through it again. If you're on the fence about picking this game up, I suggest waiting til it's 20$ which is about the most it's worth.
  28. Mar 4, 2014
    Now I've only played for maybe an hour and it's a very good game. It feels like that you are playing multiple episodes that are all a continuation of the other in a season. The only complaint that I have right now is the loading. I've found there to be A LOT of loading screens, and sadly that does take away some of the experience. When every thing is seem less you are immersed within the game and having the time of your life, and when you get a loading screen when you enter a house or from a cutscene that has to load, it really throws you out of the game (not literally). I really do look forward to playing the rest of the game. Expand
  29. Mar 4, 2014
    Much better than expected. Every South Park fan will love this game. It's very addicting and the story just won't let you stop playing. By far the best South Park game out there.
  30. Mar 5, 2014
    only played a few hours so far, but dammit is it hilarious XD and the RPG elements are spot on IMO. I'm really liking it so far. I play on PC(isKing) and all the supposed bugs and glitches are almost non existent so far. Bad ass game, hands down best SP game out there.:D

1. Apr 23, 2014
    In the end, though, what really carries The Stick of Truth along is its innocence, something that may surprise people who have read the stories about Euro censorship but is unlikely to come as a shock to fans of the show itself, which has always offset its raunchiness with an odd sweetness. This is, simply put, pleasant to play.
  2. Apr 7, 2014
    Shameless, hilarious and surprisingly complex - an essential purchase for RPG and show fans. [May 2014, p.64]
  3. Apr 6, 2014
    The best South Park game to date (not that that's saying much) and manages to hold up both in terms of RPG mechanics and comedy value. [Issue#242, p.67]