7.5

1. Sep 14, 2010
    it's a little on the short side but you can't expect much other than a quick and shallow kind of game for something with a comic book theme... it's GOOD but it's short and the graphics are weird and the controls can get sticky. fun though, so it deserves an 8. that's all it's tryna be
  2. Sep 14, 2010
    I really wanted to like this more than I actually did. I'm a Spiderman fanboy, but even I can't stand behind this product. It just feels rushed and clunky. I had fun at certain parts but almost stopped playng several times due to sheer boredom and frustration. Overall it's an ok game, but nothing I would tell you to go out and buy unless your a ridiculous fanboy like myself AND you find itI really wanted to like this more than I actually did. I'm a Spiderman fanboy, but even I can't stand behind this product. It just feels rushed and clunky. I had fun at certain parts but almost stopped playng several times due to sheer boredom and frustration. Overall it's an ok game, but nothing I would tell you to go out and buy unless your a ridiculous fanboy like myself AND you find it in a bargain bin.. Expand
  3. Oct 14, 2010
    As i was going into this game, i imagined myself swinging around a vast city with the different spider mans. I was very much mistaken. This game was nothing anyone wanted it to be. Spiderman is meant to give freedom for the player, not confine them to linear corridors. The combat was very identical to previous games i have played, except for the fact that their actually good. One of theAs i was going into this game, i imagined myself swinging around a vast city with the different spider mans. I was very much mistaken. This game was nothing anyone wanted it to be. Spiderman is meant to give freedom for the player, not confine them to linear corridors. The combat was very identical to previous games i have played, except for the fact that their actually good. One of the main things that bugged me about the combat was that the web powers were mostly left out. A spider without webs? Bad move developers Expand
  4. Apr 28, 2013
    This is possibly the best Spider-Man game I have ever played. For the better part of the last decade, Spidey games have all been sandbox games with bland graphics and repetitive missions. Those games made it look like there was a violent crime in New York City every 5 seconds on every 5 blocks, and just didn't engage me at all. Shattered Dimensions removes that problem by havingThis is possibly the best Spider-Man game I have ever played. For the better part of the last decade, Spidey games have all been sandbox games with bland graphics and repetitive missions. Those games made it look like there was a violent crime in New York City every 5 seconds on every 5 blocks, and just didn't engage me at all. Shattered Dimensions removes that problem by having definitive, well-structured, visually appealing LEVELS. Each level has a boss, and each dimension has four levels. They are all fun and unique in their own right, and the voice acting is superb. As a Spider-Man fan, no game has ever hit the spot quite like this one. It was an awesome experience and fun I'd love to experience more of in the future. Collapse
  5. Apr 28, 2014
    It's nice to have the 4 different spider-man to play as, but the linear set-up of the game really takes away from how fun it should be. Also, repeatedly having to fight the same boss in each level gets annoying. Spider-man should ALWAYS have somewhat of an open world and freedom. Believe it or not, the Movie based spiderman games are much better, even Web of Shadows.
  6. Jul 22, 2011
    The combat control was frustratingly unresponsive. The voice acting and graphics were great, and the level design was well varied so that there was no feeling of being in the same place again and again. However, the unresponsive combat control was too much for me to even finish the game.
  7. Sep 8, 2010
    Overall, I had a blast playing through. It took me around 12 hours and I could go through it again. Nothing was that big of a game breaker except the Noir stealth. Itâ
  8. Sep 15, 2010
    The new Spiderman game is really fun. Some trouble with the camera but the story is Amazing! is the best Spidey game yet. The Noir Spidey wolking in the shadows and the combo system of all characters is good. The costumes are great and of curse the sense of humor of this iconic HERO.
  9. Sep 9, 2010
    Complete pos. The shoddy contextual controls ruin this game. The forced difficulty of removing useful moves from the players moveset is one of the most aggravating aspects of the game.
    The game isn't difficult, it's annoying. The devs could've really made a good game by looking at past spidey games and trying a bit harder to emulate success. Unfortunately they have decided to separate themselves from the pack and thus have separated themselves from Spidermans legacy of fairly fun, open sandbox games.
    This game doesn't even hold a candle to Ultimate Spiderman, and that's pretty sad.
  10. Sep 18, 2010
    This is the best Spider-Man game I've played in a looong time. The game play is solid, the voice acting is great and some of the dialog is quite humorous. The story is a little iffy but overall a great game. The game has good replay value and it's just good. Spidey fans will not be disappointed.
  11. Aug 13, 2014
    I didn't get very far in this game but I don't think it had to much to do with the game I basically just lost interest in this game. I don't think it was lame nor do I think it was exciting either. I really enjoyed the artwork and animation, this game really had nice cinematics and presentation. I'm not sure what to do with this game, I like it enough to think I may give it another go butI didn't get very far in this game but I don't think it had to much to do with the game I basically just lost interest in this game. I don't think it was lame nor do I think it was exciting either. I really enjoyed the artwork and animation, this game really had nice cinematics and presentation. I'm not sure what to do with this game, I like it enough to think I may give it another go but then again it didn't keep me very interested the first time around. I think its fair to give this game a 7 rating if you are into Spiderman maybe its better than that and if you aren't maybe just a casual fan then probably my rating is accurate. Expand
  12. Sep 18, 2010
    A good game for spidey fans, the diverse and multitude of bosses make this game a blast to play through. I have had no real problems as of yet with the much talked about bad controls part from the wall crawling which can get annoying when you want to stealth by in the noir universe. The voice acting is spot on and the diverse set of moves in combat gives you the chance to create some trulyA good game for spidey fans, the diverse and multitude of bosses make this game a blast to play through. I have had no real problems as of yet with the much talked about bad controls part from the wall crawling which can get annoying when you want to stealth by in the noir universe. The voice acting is spot on and the diverse set of moves in combat gives you the chance to create some truly awesome battles.

Although this game has no multiplayer it is "powergamer" heaven with a healthy 42 achievements and 180 in game challenges and a ton of unlockables (including 12 bonus suits!)
  13. Oct 5, 2010
    This is pretty good game. Not the best super-hero adaptation but not bad, either. It's by far the best spider-man game I can remember myself playing (and I go as back as gameboy!).

Graphics: The graphics are good and smooth and I did not experience any glitches. I liked the four very distinct visual styles. The camera can be really irritating during the few crawling sections of the game but these are pretty short and the frustration is over within a few minutes.

Sound/music: The music is not exceptional but it does the job. The sound effects are decent and the voice acting is OK (if you ignore the content!).

Story: Very light-hearted and simple, full of silly dialogue and jokes. To put it this way, this is not a story driven game. It did not bother me, I was just totally indifferent to it.

Gameplay: The four fairly distinctive game styles work pretty well. Unfortunately, the missions tend to get a bit repetitive but the episodic structure of the game makes it easy to play for a while, finish a level and then stop and start again later or the next day...

Overall: This is a quite good game. Recommended to all action-adventure-button-mashing fans or just whoever wants something fun but not particularly demanding or adult.
  14. Oct 1, 2010
    When I first started playing this game I thought I was in for a good time. The combat was simplistic but seemingly fun and it had some interesting qualities. By the end, I could hardly force myself to play it anymore. It took me eleven days just to urge myself to beat the final boss. The game had numerous glitches, many forcing me to restart and lose progress, and it became aWhen I first started playing this game I thought I was in for a good time. The combat was simplistic but seemingly fun and it had some interesting qualities. By the end, I could hardly force myself to play it anymore. It took me eleven days just to urge myself to beat the final boss. The game had numerous glitches, many forcing me to restart and lose progress, and it became a repetitive mess. Even if all the bugs are ironed out, they didn't need to include fake difficulty to force "challenge". The game boils down to a repetitive, bug-riddled, boring mess. Expand
  15. Oct 8, 2010
    great game! easily beats god of war 3 in length, fun, and well everything else. sure you're thinking, wheres the gore? but i don't think you'll have a problem with gore being replaced by smart writing and the choice of four spider-man's throughout!
  16. Oct 13, 2010
    Has it's good and bad aspects. The fighting is balanced and fun and the dialog is mildly amusing. Some of the Spider-Men are more fun to play as than others. Story is a little thin, but the variety of levels and bosses keeps things interesting.
  17. Oct 16, 2010
    As far as comic games, this is the best stand alone character ( as opposed to multiple character fight games since BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM! It is also average and most comic adaption games suck (IRON MAN of HULK anyone?)...Turns into a button masher but I love the story and graphics...controls and gameplay are pretty tight...It could be better with more unique game play...the play has beenAs far as comic games, this is the best stand alone character ( as opposed to multiple character fight games since BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM! It is also average and most comic adaption games suck (IRON MAN of HULK anyone?)...Turns into a button masher but I love the story and graphics...controls and gameplay are pretty tight...It could be better with more unique game play...the play has been done...It was worth the reduced price at Gamestop! Expand
  18. Oct 21, 2010
    I came into this game expecting to relive the fun and imagination of the original Spider-man from the Play-Station 1 and I was not disappointed in the least. I thoroughly followed every preview with the full knowledge knowing it wasn't going to be free roam. Knowing that I accepted it lineage to the original games rather than the movie tie-ins and had a great time. I liked each charactersI came into this game expecting to relive the fun and imagination of the original Spider-man from the Play-Station 1 and I was not disappointed in the least. I thoroughly followed every preview with the full knowledge knowing it wasn't going to be free roam. Knowing that I accepted it lineage to the original games rather than the movie tie-ins and had a great time. I liked each characters finding nothing wrong with even Noir's level design. Though I would have wished for a certain porker to get his own level, but that could be fixed in a sequel or DLC. Over all the game is good the voice actors rock , I honestly don't see the problem people had. It's a great game for any Web-head. Expand
  19. Dec 11, 2010
    fairly long game, very enjoyable might I add, although some of the levels drag and, repetetive dialog bores the gamer. A great SPIDER MAN game, the best since Ultimate Spider-Man. I fully enjoyed Shattered Dimensions. There are only MINOR flaws, and the game was incredible. 9
  20. Oct 20, 2012
    Spider-Man has an awesome selection of video games, and probably the best selection of any super-hero. Shattered Dimensions is one of Spider-Man's best. It takes some of the best features of previous Spider-Man games and combines them with new features and improvements. How cool is it? Cool enough to have four different Spider-Men (Amazing, Ultimate, Noir, and 2099), each with their ownSpider-Man has an awesome selection of video games, and probably the best selection of any super-hero. Shattered Dimensions is one of Spider-Man's best. It takes some of the best features of previous Spider-Man games and combines them with new features and improvements. How cool is it? Cool enough to have four different Spider-Men (Amazing, Ultimate, Noir, and 2099), each with their own unique stye, gameplay, graphics, voice actors (who have each been selected from on one of Spider-Man's TV shows), and unique twists on classic villains. You don't have to be familiar with each of the different version of Spider-Man to enjoy playing as them, but there are some great references to each Spidey's fiction that will please fans. It's clear that developer Beenox are huge Spider-Man fans and that's what makes the game so special. It's also got some of the best level design of any Spider-Man game, and the boss battles are fantastic. It's got some issues with the camera and the lock-on system, and some bugs and glitches, but they don't detract from what is one of Spider-Man's best video game outings. If your a Spidey fan this is a must play. Expand
  21. May 18, 2011
    This game is fairly short with fairly long levels, but regardless, it's a great game. As a Spidey fan, I hope all spider-man games come from this. (i know they are). I bet the other spidey games would have been better if beenox was involved.
  22. Oct 13, 2011
    This might not be the best spiderman game on the market, but it is a huge step up from web of shadows and Spiderman 3. The four unique dimensions have different art styles (all equally impressive) and diverse gameplay/combat. Still, recurring issues from previous spiderman games occur such as a wonky camera, repetitive gameplay, however, the gameplay is much more polished than previousThis might not be the best spiderman game on the market, but it is a huge step up from web of shadows and Spiderman 3. The four unique dimensions have different art styles (all equally impressive) and diverse gameplay/combat. Still, recurring issues from previous spiderman games occur such as a wonky camera, repetitive gameplay, however, the gameplay is much more polished than previous spiderman games, the voice acting is stellar to say the least, the unique art styles/dimensions look really good and the presentation of the bosses are incredible. Graphics: 8/10
    Sound: 9/10
    Gameplay: 8/10
    Fun cycle: 8.5/10
    Overall: 8.0
  23. Mar 3, 2012
    This game has alot going for it and if your a spider fan then you've probably already played it but it has a little for every gamer. I feel this is probably the best spiderman game today. The game is fast and fun and is split up into 4 different worlds each with there own spderman. Noir is good if you like to sneak around. There is alot of jumping and fighting in both black suit spidey andThis game has alot going for it and if your a spider fan then you've probably already played it but it has a little for every gamer. I feel this is probably the best spiderman game today. The game is fast and fun and is split up into 4 different worlds each with there own spderman. Noir is good if you like to sneak around. There is alot of jumping and fighting in both black suit spidey and comic style spidey plus you have 2099 which even has a cool future look to it. There is also a lot to collect and you will have to play through it a couple of times to catch everything in the game. The game also plays well I like the ps3 version for controls I tried the xbox360 version and it just didn't seem as responsive in the game but once you get used to the controls it easy pretty easy to play. Some controls are wierd though so I guess that would be a minus you also have some really annoying boss chases like the dead pool one as he does play by play while you try and get passed these big waves. This game is a must buy even with these few faults and beleaive me you will get your money's worth here. Expand
  24. Nov 12, 2012
    his game sucks if you like spiderman than get the amazing spiderman! NOT A GOOD GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  25. May 30, 2013
    This is a good game. The story is pretty cool and I really enjoyed the Noir levels because they were really dark and creepy. Spider-Man made very funny jokes (as usual) and as a Spidey fan I'd say this game met my expectations.
  26. Sep 3, 2013
    right off the bat im a huge spidey fan and this game is awsome so the story is that mystrio one spiderman foes try to steel this tablet if he get all of the tablet well he becomes powerful so then spidey and 3 other diffrent spiderman from diffrent dimesion to back get all the fragments before mystrio does so the fighting in this game is decent and switch from diffrent spidermans one isright off the bat im a huge spidey fan and this game is awsome so the story is that mystrio one spiderman foes try to steel this tablet if he get all of the tablet well he becomes powerful so then spidey and 3 other diffrent spiderman from diffrent dimesion to back get all the fragments before mystrio does so the fighting in this game is decent and switch from diffrent spidermans one is from the future another is the venom spiderman and last a sneaky noire spiderman you can upgrade all of them the graphics are awesome and for each of the dimension the graphics kinda change too the feel of spider dimension ending is okay but this game would have been cooler if they add side quest free roam of the Manhattan this game would have been a 10/10 but no so a 9/10 Expand
  27. Oct 26, 2013
    Gran juego, de los mejores de PS3 y un imprescindible del género aventurero. Uno de los mejores videojuegos de Spider-man en la historia, muy recomendable para todo tipo de jugador. Excelente juego
  28. May 18, 2014
    This game is probably one of the best Spider-Man games, just because none of them improved to get at least an 8. The game is fun, but I want more, I want better. Let's see if the next Spidey games don't disappoint us.
  29. Sep 28, 2014
    This Spider-Man game has some good ideas, but sadly doesn't follow through with as many as I would have liked. The story barely exists, and is only there to give you some explanation with the amount of bosses being flung at you. Which are, granted, very fun, as is the rest of the gameplay, but the Noir dimension is the worst. The mechanics are good, but it feels a bit clunky. Also, youThis Spider-Man game has some good ideas, but sadly doesn't follow through with as many as I would have liked. The story barely exists, and is only there to give you some explanation with the amount of bosses being flung at you. Which are, granted, very fun, as is the rest of the gameplay, but the Noir dimension is the worst. The mechanics are good, but it feels a bit clunky. Also, you don't get a lot of backstory on the villains. The game itself is great fun, but is a game amazing if all that holds it together is the actual gameplay? No, but that gameplay is pretty damn good. Expand
  30. Sep 26, 2014
    This is one of the best spider-man games I've ever played. And believe me I've played them all. It gives the players beautiful graphics and comic book-esque art, original and intriguing storyline, accurate and truthful art style and dialogue to the different dimensions, and in my opinion some of the best spiderman character models I have ever seen in video games. This is actually a bigThis is one of the best spider-man games I've ever played. And believe me I've played them all. It gives the players beautiful graphics and comic book-esque art, original and intriguing storyline, accurate and truthful art style and dialogue to the different dimensions, and in my opinion some of the best spiderman character models I have ever seen in video games. This is actually a big deal to me because I am sick of seeing a lanky body with a giant egg shaped head, that design just doesn't feel like spiderman. Although this game was great, I do have some complaints. One major one being the fact that it's so linear. Although this didn't completely ruin the game for me, it was disappointing. Another gripe was that I found myself getting bored and/or frustrated after playing more than 3 or 4 missions in one sitting. So even though this was a great game that redeemed my faith in spiderman video games (only to be dashed by the amazing spiderman games), it had so much more potential and if Activision had taken another 6 or 7 months to work on making it more open world make some differentiation between level gameplay, it could've been so much better, and won me over as the greatest spiderman game ever. Expand
  31. Apr 28, 2013

1. Though your moves become bigger, faster, flashier, you'll rarely feel like Spider-Man. We've often thought of him as being a fluid, dynamic character and in Shattered Dimensions he's anything but, as he gets 'stuck' for a moment when transitioning onto a wall from the ground, or not being able to stick to certain objects. Not all surfaces can be clambered, and forget about web swinging and leaping onto a wall in one motion. Also, why have we gone back to swinging from invisible hooks in the sky? Hadn't we done away with that [December 2010 p80]
  2. Dec 20, 2010
    There are some control and camera problems that occasionally pop up, but they don't spoil the overall experience. The levels are huge and diverse, the boss encounters are imaginative and larger-than-life, and the presentation is solid. I had a blast and don't see a reason why anyone would want to miss it.
  3. Dec 20, 2010
    Your enjoyment of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions will depend on how much you agree with Bobby Kotick's assessment of the previous entries in the series. If you truly believe they sucked, skip Shattered Dimensions as it's more of the same (just without the open world New York). But if you enjoyed them, you'll want to give the game a shot as it's another entertaining Spider-Adventure that's more linear than recent games in the series, but still a lot of fun.