7.9

1. Nov 24, 2010
    there are some great things say about this game. it looks great, it plays great, and if your a fan of HP Lovecraft, you'll like this game. yes, it;'s not the best game and it is stuck in it's history, but there's enough here to keep you entertained for a while. plus the previous three games are on the disc too so its more of a collection rather than a stand alone game. just be prepared forthere are some great things say about this game. it looks great, it plays great, and if your a fan of HP Lovecraft, you'll like this game. yes, it;'s not the best game and it is stuck in it's history, but there's enough here to keep you entertained for a while. plus the previous three games are on the disc too so its more of a collection rather than a stand alone game. just be prepared for volumes of gore and profanity along with a healthy dose of provocative pics of Jen. Expand
  2. Nov 25, 2010
    This game is awesome! If you have played the series before and liked it you will not be disappointed. Amongst all the blood and gore there is quite a lot of humor that only adds to the enjoyment of literally beating the bloody puss out of something. If you are a melee attack lover get your hands on this.
  3. Nov 25, 2010
    Splatterhouse is a raw- in your face beat-em up, that is just plain fun!!! It has humor, power-ups, 3-D & 2-D moments, risque pictures of Jennifer to collect, arenas to unlock, the original uncut splatterhouse games, and a decent story. It pays homage to classic horror movies and is worth picking up. I highly recommend this gory gem!
  4. Nov 28, 2010
    a great and gory game, that delivers a solid experience. the game is really fun if you are into blood-soaked beat-em ups and quality voice acting and funny oneliners. and really, with the inclusion of the three original games as unlocks this is the best Splatterhouse yet.
  5. Nov 29, 2010
    If you like blood dripping from the screen, this is the game for you. Nice horror theme, a lot of Lovecraft references, which I didn't expect. A lot of collectables and challenges and the survival arena is just bone crushingly awesome. No 9 or 10, because it is not for everybody, but if you're into this sort of game, it certainly won't dissappoint.
  6. Dec 4, 2010
    The Splatterhouse remake is a great, fun and gory game. Have some bugs and **** but, all of this cant compromise the game.
    If you like blood, heavy metal, and black humor, definitely this is your game!

Cyah,
    Lammina
  7. Jan 5, 2011
    Game, if you can get a good price, is highly recommended. the game does not lose its old style. Very entertaining. Something replay. Wanting More. I like another game!
  8. Nov 19, 2011
    This game is awesome!! It makes so much fun listening to the comments of the "Mask" when you 're hunting down your necro-mutant opponents! The Singleplayer is long enough with very different stages, all the old Splatterhouse games are unlockable, you got a Survivalarena where you defeat several waves of enemies. My favorite parts in the game are the 2d-Levels! The controls maybe a littleThis game is awesome!! It makes so much fun listening to the comments of the "Mask" when you 're hunting down your necro-mutant opponents! The Singleplayer is long enough with very different stages, all the old Splatterhouse games are unlockable, you got a Survivalarena where you defeat several waves of enemies. My favorite parts in the game are the 2d-Levels! The controls maybe a little spongy and the loading times are sometimes annoying but if you have a little patience you will get a game with style and character!

The design of the game is unique! Gore & brutality in a comic-cel-shading-look. With quite a bunch of attacks, which are unlocked by spending soaked up blood from defeated enemies, you can punish the armies of evil in plenty ways.

I had a lot of fun with it and can recommend it to everyone who likes some oldschool hack n' slay with a lot of gore and a good dose of black humor!
  9. Jan 2, 2011
    Loved the game. All other games have been so serious, so it's nice once in a while to just sit back and play a game that is not trying to be anything other than a blood and guts romp
  10. Apr 28, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoyed this remake of Splatterhouse and to anyone who is a fan of the old games, I say this is a must have game. The mainstream critics were overly harsh on it and I'm not entirely sure why, as I found only two flaws slightly long loading times and (not necessarily a flaw) the game can get really hard. Those things aside, I think the games graphics are fine with niceI thoroughly enjoyed this remake of Splatterhouse and to anyone who is a fan of the old games, I say this is a must have game. The mainstream critics were overly harsh on it and I'm not entirely sure why, as I found only two flaws slightly long loading times and (not necessarily a flaw) the game can get really hard. Those things aside, I think the games graphics are fine with nice artistic direction really nailing that feeling of a gorefest, horror-inspired game that Splatterhouse by all means should be. The voice acting, especially from Jim Cummings as The Terror Mask, is spot on. The gameplay mechanics are solid and satisfying, with Splatter Kills and special moves being extremely fun to pull off. The heavy metal background soundtrack is also a nice touch and very effective without getting in the way of the experience. All in all, this is just a balls to the wall, gory, over-the-top blast and if given the chance, should entertain anyone who doesnt have a weak stomach or snooty morals against gore/obscenity. This game is fun, and the added fact that you can unlock all 3 previous Splatterhouse games is another major plus. Expand
  11. Apr 26, 2011
    It captures the feeling of the original games and pays lots of respect to it. It's story is also highly enjoyable and it generally is nice to see to have the original story expanded that way. Combat is fast paced and fluent with many new unlockable skills and it is also packed with content like a Survival Mode, collectibles and the original three games. It is highly recommendable for anyIt captures the feeling of the original games and pays lots of respect to it. It's story is also highly enjoyable and it generally is nice to see to have the original story expanded that way. Combat is fast paced and fluent with many new unlockable skills and it is also packed with content like a Survival Mode, collectibles and the original three games. It is highly recommendable for any fan of the originals or people who like gore, metal, horror or action. A shame it is that underrated. Expand
  12. Mar 5, 2013
    Bottom line about this game, It's so much fun to play. You the player feel like a bad-ass; slicing enemies to pieces, beating the crap out of them in various ways. Although the splatter kills were cool looking, they do get very repetitive, and the enemies lack variety. The camera can be shaky, but for the most part its okay. The campaign is a good length, plus you get the original 3 gamesBottom line about this game, It's so much fun to play. You the player feel like a bad-ass; slicing enemies to pieces, beating the crap out of them in various ways. Although the splatter kills were cool looking, they do get very repetitive, and the enemies lack variety. The camera can be shaky, but for the most part its okay. The campaign is a good length, plus you get the original 3 games after you beat it. Survival arenas certainly test your abilities, especially the last few. Overall, a great game with a few bugs and at the price it is today, it's definitely a must buy. Expand
  13. Oct 23, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game with a lot of potential. The nostalgic side-scrolling sections are especially a nice touch, as is the music (if you're into metal). Graphics are very good in my opinion, level design is pretty cool, though the combat feels kind of clunky, and game is definitely buggy. For $20 or less, definitely worth playing if you've got the stomach for it. Expand
  14. Apr 21, 2016
    Un gran reboot deegadrive , con muchíismos mejores clásicos , y gran jugabilidad , y variedad en los modos de juegos como el modo supervivencia , y coleccionar objetos como los trozos de las fotos de Jenn , evidentmeente es un juegio para mayores de edad con alto contenido violento , y sangriento ,
  15. Oct 29, 2017
    This is one of my favourite games ever. Although I admit it is not a top game (that is why I give it a 9), I believe it perfectly fulfils the purpose every game should fulfil: entertaining the player.

Splatterhouse is a show of blood, in the best sense of the expression. Killing enemies is tremendously addictive and the number of combat options is numerous enough to satisfy the player's experience greatly. The music complements the fightings very well, and the design of settings and characters is incredible in my opinion. The storyline is interesting too, though it obviously is not its main strength.

If you like beat 'em up games, Splatterhouse is one of the best. The gameplay is pure madness and it offers an experience that will take you hours to complete if you want to beat all challenges and get the 100%.

1. Feb 24, 2011
    It's too bad that Splatterhouse couldn't be brought to this console generation and become a competitive franchise.
  2. Games Master UK
    Feb 18, 2011
    Big, stupid and, at times, unpleasant. But despite that it can be gruesome fun. [Feb 2011, p.82]
  3. Feb 16, 2011
    In this day and age, there is no way a game like Splatterhouse could have the shock value it so obviously yearns for, not to mention that all the blood in the world couldn't cover up its various deficiencies.