• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Sep 7, 2010
7.9

1. Sep 18, 2010
    I bought a second controller at the time of purchase. difficulty ramps up nicely, and i enjoyed 5 of the six ( haven't really tried bocce yet) alone and multiplayer. It will be interesting to see if they implement the sports which the characters seem most focused on. such as some form of baseball, basketball, football karate. Favorite games are archery and volleyball. I don't bother watching for the green circle in VB and i consistently toss up the fire ball. Camera above TV seems to work better then below. Look forward to new sports. Expand
  2. Sep 18, 2010
    Truthfully nothing on this touches Boxing or Bowling on WiiSports. The Disk Golf is excellent as is the Bocce, Gladiator is kind of hit or miss (no pun intended), it seems sluggish (really now, I'm not even trying), Archery is good and comparable to Links Cross Bow Training and I am not a fan of either the volleyball or table tennis.
  3. Sep 20, 2010
    I have played all of the different sports single player and also done most of them two player. I have to say they were ALL very enjoyable! I was a bit skeptical, but really really enjoyed it. The gladiator game is just GREAT single and two-player.
  4. Sep 21, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The future. Not my type of game, although i am curious and try and i enjoyed so much that i am anxious for the next games of the "move control". The worst it the price of the starter pack and controllers, but after that this tech is the future of fun. Volleyball and Archery are my favorites. Move a flop ? No way !! Expand
  5. Sep 22, 2010
    Living in Europe, I got the move with the cra*py starter disc. The only demo I actually liked was "Sports champions" and I ended up buying the full game a day later. I think the game is really fun, beautiful and most importantly - very responsive.
    Ok, the characters are stereotypical and ok, the probably nobody cares about the un-lockable costumes. But I didn't buy the game for any of
    these reasons anyway. I bought it because I wanted to have FUN. And fun I am having!
    Table tennis is really well realised, not once did I have problems with the move controller. Having played a lot of real table tennis, I was very pleased to find out that the game accurately responded to all my hits, ball-curves, dirty tactics, forward- and sidesteps, etc. in a very realistic manner.
    Archery is something I've never done in real life but it sure looks fun in "Sports champions". It can be quite challenging and you need really fast reflexes and a steady arm in later levels. I really enjoyed the different mini-games that archery offers, especially tic-tac-toe.
    Gladiator duel really got me into the game - swinging, slashing, blocking... I actually do all these movements. Yeah, it looks kinda silly, but it's FUN! The game recognised all of my movements and again - not once did I have a problem with non-responsiveness.
    Bocce can be a lot of fun, especially if you need to throw the ball to the other end of the level and through same obstacles. The move controller works perfectly here too, taking into account the strength of the throw, the angle, the spin etc.
    Disc golf has a pretty much similar concept as Bocce, the only difference being that you throw a disc (duh) instead of a ball. The responsiveness in this mini-game exceeded my expectations as well.
    Volleyball can be a lot of fun too, although you can't actually control your players here. They move automatically, you only need to mimic the real-life gestures for handling the volleyball. I played this game the least compared to all others, but the controls work really well here too.

"Sports champions" is the best launch title for the move controller - its fun, responsive and offers a lot of variety, showcasing what the move is capable of in the best possible way. Enjoy!
  6. Nov 27, 2010
    This is not a game for your grandmother. You actually have to MOVE and do accurate, precise actions (not just flick your wrist around or flap your arms around wildly!). I am completely blown away by the performance of the Move system; lag free and amazingly accurate. The move hardware and system is the real deal. The games have to catch up. Sports Champions is a great start tho. A very good, serious sports game. I play ping pong very good in real life, and I play this ping pong video game with the same moves and strategies and it TRANSLATES into the game perfectly .. I am totally impressed. Archery, Disc Golf, Ping Pong, and Gladiator Dual are all very good. Two controllers really make some of the games come to life. Anyway ... very good start/into to PS Move. Can't wait for more titles. Anyway ... signed up just to write this review. PS Move is the real thing!! Expand
  7. Dec 15, 2010
    This sportsgame is a solid compliment to the Move controller. It is very good at demonstrating what the Move controller is capable of. The offerings are varied and creative enough to have something for everyone if being played at a party, but there is also enough unlockable content and progression to the title to give it some good play-through value.
    The games that seems to get played
    the most is the Gladiator game and the Archery Game and benefit greatly from having a second Move controller. Both the Archer and Gladiator games have me hoping that we will see an RPG built around these mechanics.
    The Gladiator game is set up a much like a Virtua Fighter type 3D fighting game with weapons and shields. The accuracy of the controls is very impressive to the point that people that weâ
  8. Aug 29, 2011
    This is a good starter game for ps move. The games are super accurate and super fun. Two faults are: wanted more games and wanted online. Best played with friends.
  9. Sep 20, 2011
    The responsiveness of the motion controller was just fantastic for the game, and it runs so smoothly. I must've played it for 4 hrs straight when I first got it.
  10. Sep 27, 2010
    The weakest of all games is the Gladiator game. Some time it works great other times not really. All the other games are really fun to play. Disc golf is very fun. Bocce is fun, but boring.
  11. Sep 20, 2010
    I Bought the Playstation Move Bundle and I have to say I am very impressed by this game. The games are amazing. Volleyball & Gladiator Duel are my personal favorites. Archery & Bocce are pretty good. Table Tennis & Disc Golf are hard. This Game is a really good workout. My aches from playing so much Gladiator Duel. I recommend Sports Champions and the Move to anyone who hasn't bought it yet
  12. Sep 22, 2010
    This is my first review, but I thought Move was good enough and had few enough reviews to register. Move and sports champions is what the wii promised to be; it is amazing. More I play it, better I like it. Specifically, Gladiator Duel is particularly fun. It is truly 1:1 tracking, including the force/speed of your movements. To do well in the higher level actually requires a significant amount of physical effort. My only complaints are the lack of depth (experience not physical dimension) in the game and the fact the controllers seem to loss their calibration over time and needed recalibrated, sometimes mid game. Also, you miss about 80 percent of the experience without the second controller. Definitely worth the price though. After seeing the capabilities, I canâ Expand
  13. Mar 3, 2013
    It would be satisfying enough if it were just the ping pong simulator, I mean, that thing is crazy good, I can't believe how well they meshed the wrist movements with the actual effects you put into the ball. Gladiator is also a favourite, and works well as a training exercise. The rest of the disciplines are just fillers, but overall it's a very complete package and an amazing title for the move. I would suggest you to buy it, but if you already bought the move chances are you already have it...... enjoy anyway Expand

Great party game offers six mini-games to test your skills with PS Move control stick. Lasting fun guaranteed both in solo and in multiplayer modes of play. Lack of online play is inexcusable though. [Issue#197]
  2. Jan 4, 2011
    Sports Champions may seem devoid of personality, but spending some time with it shows that it is a deliberate, well-crafted piece of software. Those who have been waiting for a true realization of the potential of motion control can finally exchange their smoldering torches for florescent pink wands.
  3. Jan 2, 2011
    If nothing else, Sports Champions is perhaps one of the few Move launch titles that showcase the accuracy and potential of PlayStation's Motion controller. Though lacking in many departments, it provides a robust and enjoyable motion-based sports experience.