6.6

1. rickyl.
    Oct 13, 2008
    The game was very fun with all the cool force powers. When I first got it, it took me only 2 or 3 days to complete the Force Unleashed. The game was very short and it also had frustrating parts. In a part you have to take down a star destroyer, it took me a long time to figure out. Over all its a pretty good game.
  2. KevinS
    Sep 20, 2008
    Targeting is a little tough to get used to. Controls (especially for picking up and throwing objects) aren't quite as smooth as they could be. But a great story makes up for all that.
  3. DavyT.
    Sep 30, 2008
    Maybe not the new Star Wars game we were waiting for, but The Force Unleashed does deliver fun gameplay for a couple of hours.
  4. thetruth
    Sep 10, 2008
    Demo exp. only! Controls are on point, no clunkyness here. Graphics are typical, nothing astounding.Camera angles are very nice. There were really no complaints but there wasnt anything that made me want it right then. I can only see this being a big hit for the hardcore fans.
  5. GUARDIAN
    Sep 21, 2008
    Being an avid star wars fan, i was keen to pre-order this one, but for some reason decided against it. Now im glad i kept it as a rental only. The biggest issue with TFU was the hype i think, when at the end of the day its a little overated. Having enjoyed the game overall being a huge fan, i found the controls VERY average, the story / cutscenes were great but certain bugs & glitches Being an avid star wars fan, i was keen to pre-order this one, but for some reason decided against it. Now im glad i kept it as a rental only. The biggest issue with TFU was the hype i think, when at the end of the day its a little overated. Having enjoyed the game overall being a huge fan, i found the controls VERY average, the story / cutscenes were great but certain bugs & glitches extremely annoying. Eg-- SPOILER ALERT-- whilst bringing down the imperial cruiser for 15-20mins i was launched by a tie fighter blast to the outside edge of the screen and could not walk back into the area of play. This happened twice, so therefore became frustrating at the best of times having been frozen on the edge of the screen for 5 mins before somehow dying?? Overall a great rental & an ok first outing on PS3, I'm giving it a seven based on the story & cutscenes alone, as an actioner it did bore me just a little. sorry . Expand
  6. TylerC.
    Sep 23, 2008
    Excellent game if you love the Star Wars series, like I do. I wanted to buy this game when i heard it was coming at 6 months ago. I picked it up the day t came out and played it right when i got home. But to tell you the truth the game was okay. This game has the graphics to be a excellent game. The stary is also very interesting, but the ONLY thing that holds this game back, is the Excellent game if you love the Star Wars series, like I do. I wanted to buy this game when i heard it was coming at 6 months ago. I picked it up the day t came out and played it right when i got home. But to tell you the truth the game was okay. This game has the graphics to be a excellent game. The stary is also very interesting, but the ONLY thing that holds this game back, is the control scheme and the gameplay is very frustrating at times. It's especially frustrating when trying to pick up objects. Game Is good but need multiplayer. Expand
  7. Dec 18, 2010
    With a satisfying game-play experience and a great plot, Star Wars the Force Unleashed is an enjoyable and very addictive game. Though I am not a huge fan of charging into battle and swinging your light saber or weapon around at various enemies over and over again but this is a matter of opinion. For those who do, this is a great game. It contains some incredibly frustrating areas,With a satisfying game-play experience and a great plot, Star Wars the Force Unleashed is an enjoyable and very addictive game. Though I am not a huge fan of charging into battle and swinging your light saber or weapon around at various enemies over and over again but this is a matter of opinion. For those who do, this is a great game. It contains some incredibly frustrating areas, technical difficulties and limited freedom but it is overall a reasonable game. Expand
  8. Jul 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So yeah I got this game. I was pretty excited even though there were mostly average reviews for the game. So after playing through I must say I am quite pleased with the game. Yeah the combat wasn't great and all that but I liked the story and the filling in of gaps and stuff in the story. I mean who doesn't want to use crazy force powers and blow the **** out of trees. A much better game than the pirated copy of Lorry simulator 2012 which I downloaded while on the toilet. Son yeah being a sith only lasts for a bit and I was disappointed when he became good and that but pulling a super star destroyer out of the sky is pretty fun. But I find PROXY a bit strange. You really don't want to go near that guy. But yeah after spamming the square button throughout the entire game and occasionally jumping or forcing and other stuff which I don't quite remember with the pasties eating Elephants and stuff... the combats boring. Thats it really. Oh and always kill Darth Vader at the end. Expand
  9. Aug 2, 2013
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 7/10...................................................................................................................
  10. pettwo
    Sep 13, 2008
    Frustratingly difficult, mushy controls, and annoying enemies make this game mediocre where it should have been amazing.
  11. MarkW.
    Sep 17, 2008
    Wow this game had so much potential. With the great story and the insane force powers are ruined because of a horible control scheme. Also i dont understand why when you hit people with a lightsaber they still live. What the hell is that. Give me the jedi knight series over this game any day.
  12. AdrianF.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Playable, awesome story... let down by shoddy controls, swarm enemies... bad responsiveness... hell, everything about the interface sucked. The only redeemer is the story... wasn't even graphically astounding.
  13. Dec 30, 2012
    Not incredible, but not bad fun. The force powers you are given are really great, and you can use them in really cool ways - from throwing a stormtrooper into a fire, to bringing an Imperial Star Destroyer down to the ground. The graphics are decent, and the voice acting is above average. The boss fights make you think on your feet, but do end up being repetitive, much like the rest of theNot incredible, but not bad fun. The force powers you are given are really great, and you can use them in really cool ways - from throwing a stormtrooper into a fire, to bringing an Imperial Star Destroyer down to the ground. The graphics are decent, and the voice acting is above average. The boss fights make you think on your feet, but do end up being repetitive, much like the rest of the game. The story is not great - there are too many twists and turns for my liking, many of which are predictable - but the way it is played out more than makes up for it. There are a great number of interesting locations, characters, and the cutscenes are fairly good too. And although the game is too short, I found there to be a reasonable value of replayability, thanks to a well-made collectibles system, which allows you to get things like a black lightsaber.
    Ultimately, it's an adequate game, and the combat is built well enough to make it last.
  14. Jan 6, 2016
    Whilst the storyline was good, it never really felt like a real Star Wars game. The game is filled with glitches, harmed by weak graphics and suffers from extremely repetitive gameplay. The ability to force control the stormtroopers to your utmost command is a positive however.
  15. Jan 25, 2016
    The game is extremely monotonous. The only difference between the first and last levels is that you have to beat 2 "big" enemy or 20 and that's all. The game looks good and the moves look cool but only for a small period of time. After that it's just slashing enemy after enemy and even the movies can't save it.
  16. JohannesFulcher
    Feb 5, 2009
    Impressive graphics, but not far above the bar for most 360 games. The storyline was predictable and didn't add much insight or dimension to the Star Wars saga.

The gameplay was a HUGE disappointment. The player does little more than knock stormtroopers and aliens around along with the occasional Simon-esque boss fight (such as a Rancor and AT-ST. Wheeeee.....). I'm glad

I'm glad I only rented it. With all the money and talent at LucasArts, they could've done better.
    Knocking the stuffing out of the sanctimonious Shaak Ti was worth the price of a rental, though.
    TBM
  17. MikeW.
    Sep 20, 2008
    A great story is defused by weak and inconsistent game play. Depending on the level it is either a pretty good game or a mind numbing wreck, and sadly there is more of the latter. Somehow they take the awesome idea of ripping a star destroyer out of the sky and turn it into boring, tedious, garbage.
  18. Chris
    Sep 20, 2008
    This game had so much to work with. Every element from the force powers to the customization of lightsaber, to the enemies made this game very promising. But it was so very broken. Most of the bossfights were hard solely because of how ham handed Starkiller was, and if the camera acted any poorer the game would be unplayable. I enjoyed this game, but I know that I could have enjoyed it so This game had so much to work with. Every element from the force powers to the customization of lightsaber, to the enemies made this game very promising. But it was so very broken. Most of the bossfights were hard solely because of how ham handed Starkiller was, and if the camera acted any poorer the game would be unplayable. I enjoyed this game, but I know that I could have enjoyed it so much more. Thanks for living down to expectations for mediocrity again Lucas. Expand
  19. Apr 14, 2013
    Looks good voice acting is solid and story is ok. Other then that every thing els goes down the crapper. The game play is just a mess. Platforming this game just can not do well at all. The combat is clunky as all hell. The diffuculty jumps all over the place from easy to wtf why is this so hard all of a sudden. fighting the second boss is the best example its like you have to be a realLooks good voice acting is solid and story is ok. Other then that every thing els goes down the crapper. The game play is just a mess. Platforming this game just can not do well at all. The combat is clunky as all hell. The diffuculty jumps all over the place from easy to wtf why is this so hard all of a sudden. fighting the second boss is the best example its like you have to be a real life jedi to beat that Way to much QTE infact there should be NONE. I'm sick and tired of QTE in games. The game could have been some thing great or atleast some thing good but its just sub standard mush. Expand
  20. Jun 15, 2011
    An excellent idea letdown by terrible controls, cluttered combos and confusing and repetitive gameplay. There is a lot of good things to see here, for instance it features a captivating story that feels like it's pulled right off the big screen and there are brief moments when you do feel like a legitimate sith badass, but it's ultimately too frustrating to be worthy of anything other thanAn excellent idea letdown by terrible controls, cluttered combos and confusing and repetitive gameplay. There is a lot of good things to see here, for instance it features a captivating story that feels like it's pulled right off the big screen and there are brief moments when you do feel like a legitimate sith badass, but it's ultimately too frustrating to be worthy of anything other than bargain bins. Expand
  21. Jan 9, 2012
    Oy ge valt! I remember when this game was so overhyped. Hell, they didn't even finish the game before they released it. It's one of the most glitchy experiences I have ever put up with. Though it does have few redemptions like a good story, and a good concept with the gameplay and game design, but it mainly suffers from it's bad hit detection that leaves you asking "when will this guyOy ge valt! I remember when this game was so overhyped. Hell, they didn't even finish the game before they released it. It's one of the most glitchy experiences I have ever put up with. Though it does have few redemptions like a good story, and a good concept with the gameplay and game design, but it mainly suffers from it's bad hit detection that leaves you asking "when will this guy just die already?"

My advice (and I can't believe I'm saying this either, but....): Buy the Wii version!
  22. May 16, 2012
    The story was great, the interface was very annoying. The character will choose whether or not he actually does what you tell him to. Several glitches are present, I had to quit and restart the level 5 times throughout the game. It is also a very short game. Also, starts off really slow so don't judge it based off the first couple levels. Overall, decent, but annoying with the glitches.
  23. Feb 16, 2016
    How can a Star Wars game such as this get boring? I mean how hard to you have to try to make a game that everybody wants and fail miserably on so many levels? Was it that complicated to make a game that wasn't so repetitive? At some point someone must've said, "hey let's just stop working on the game, fix the bugs and release it to the public".
  24. Nov 27, 2014
    Great story that fills the gap between the two trilogy, graphics were good for the time, the force powers are a blast to use and really makes you feel like a Jedi BUT all that is hidden behind awful light saber fights with a lot of camera issues, hit box that makes no sense, and boss fights that are boring instead of epic.
    It's really a shame, except for melee combats, the game could have
    It's really a shame, except for melee combats, the game could have been a hit, but at the end it will leave you a lot of regrets instead.
    That's why i'm giving it a 5 for the mix feelings between the fun of throwing and electrifying stormtroopers and the pain in the *** of boss fights (also the game is not very long and the difficulty is pretty low even with the camera playing tricks on you).
    PS: If like me you found the ultimate sith edition raise the mark to 6 for the extra hours and remake of the original trilogy.

1. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    At the end of the day, this remains a Star Wars game - and an essential one thanks to its compelling story and, to be fair, engaging gameplay. [Oct 2008, p.74]
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    An ambitious--yet ultimately dissatisfying--effort. [Oct 2008, p.82]
    Uninspired level design and some tedious enemy battles mar an experience that gives you power over the Force like we've never really seen before. While it's far from perfect, Star Wars fans will find that it's worth playing through simply for its story and the ability to use the Force in fairly awesome ways.