6.6

1. JoshW.
    Sep 22, 2008
    This game is fantastic!!! It deserves a 10 simply for the fantastic story that is pure joy for any Star Wars fan. The game itself is also great fun and the option to alter your lightsabers colour and special abilities adds a great element to the game as well as the option to change costumes (each level has a different one matching the environment you're in). You can also upgrade your This game is fantastic!!! It deserves a 10 simply for the fantastic story that is pure joy for any Star Wars fan. The game itself is also great fun and the option to alter your lightsabers colour and special abilities adds a great element to the game as well as the option to change costumes (each level has a different one matching the environment you're in). You can also upgrade your force powers. The boss battles are fun, each level lasts a really long time and there is plenty of exploration, collectibles and bonus objectives to complete. With a bunch of surprise characters and situations this is a must have for any fan and a grewat game for a non Star Wars fan. Plus, the first level is worth the price alone!!! Collapse
  2. TullioM.
    Sep 5, 2008
    Thus far, I have only had the pleasure of playing the xbox360 demo of Force Unleashed, and all I have to say is, WOW! From this brief yet straight to the point demo, I can see that The Force Unleashed will become one of LucasArts best Star Wars game yet. Fist of all the graphics are unbelievable, the fluidity of the movement of the characters is also amazing. The demo however, Thus far, I have only had the pleasure of playing the xbox360 demo of Force Unleashed, and all I have to say is, WOW! From this brief yet straight to the point demo, I can see that The Force Unleashed will become one of LucasArts best Star Wars game yet. Fist of all the graphics are unbelievable, the fluidity of the movement of the characters is also amazing. The demo however, doesn't do the story any justice, so I will not give any comments about the story flow. Lets just say that September 16th 2008 is definitely going to be marked on my calender as the release date for The Force Unleashed. I think I have an exam on that day. Expand
  3. SeanM.
    Oct 4, 2008
    look if you like star wars then you have to like this game especially on the wii. You get to use the force in one hand and a lightsaber in the other. this is is a dream to many people.
  4. MarkoA
    Sep 14, 2008
    This is by far the best "Star Wars" game. Graphics and audio are marvelous. You need to see for your self to believe, how well the graphics and physics are integrated. Gameplay is smooth, fun and engaging. Story is (so far) coherent and well presented. The Force Unleashed is a challenging 3rd person action with just enough role-playing elements to keep you exploring every corner and every This is by far the best "Star Wars" game. Graphics and audio are marvelous. You need to see for your self to believe, how well the graphics and physics are integrated. Gameplay is smooth, fun and engaging. Story is (so far) coherent and well presented. The Force Unleashed is a challenging 3rd person action with just enough role-playing elements to keep you exploring every corner and every light-saber combo. Please note that I'm playing xbox360 version. Expand
  5. TheBigmac
    Sep 20, 2008
    I just beat the game and let me tell you: This game is victim of a stupid media hype snowball that began with the name itself. The title alone, and all the hype frenzy that it was created when the game was in production won't allow critics to see it for what it's really worth: The first Star Wars Game in history that is actually good. The story is amazing and the game is I just beat the game and let me tell you: This game is victim of a stupid media hype snowball that began with the name itself. The title alone, and all the hype frenzy that it was created when the game was in production won't allow critics to see it for what it's really worth: The first Star Wars Game in history that is actually good. The story is amazing and the game is incredibly FUN. The style of the movements when you swing your lightsaber is faithfull to the movies and incredibly rewarding. The graphics are awesome, the cutscenes, Hollywood grade and it's the first star wars game that lets you do what you always wanted to do. Kick @ss throgh the whole game using your lightsaber and using the force. So stop whining about the game being called the force unleashed and not delivering the "unleashness" you wanted. Pretend it's called episode 3.5, who cares! This media campaign of demeriting the game because it didn't deliver what the title promessed is moronic. So what if you were promessed cheesecake and were given steak instead. Get over with it already! Is it cheesecake? no, but you bet it's the most delicious steak I've ever had and it's the game I've waited for almost 20 years for somebody to make. It's finally here so who cares about the title? Expand
  6. CarlosB.
    Sep 26, 2008
    I´d like to thanks for Lucasarts creates this fine piece of entertainment.....is a lot of fun.
  7. KyleW.
    Nov 9, 2008
    This game was amazing. From the force powers to the epic boss battles, this game is a great play. The character model (I forget the actor's name but he now plays on the CW's Smallville) is really good, being very nicely modeled and rendered. The levels are expansive, and fun to play through, even more than once (I actually played through the demo prior to buying the game about a This game was amazing. From the force powers to the epic boss battles, this game is a great play. The character model (I forget the actor's name but he now plays on the CW's Smallville) is really good, being very nicely modeled and rendered. The levels are expansive, and fun to play through, even more than once (I actually played through the demo prior to buying the game about a dozen times). My only qualm about the game is the fact that the lightsaber combat is a bit lacking. It's pretty much two buttons that you can just mash to kick someone's butt. Not very creative, but its small annoyance is greatly outweighed by the pure fun this game brings. There is tons of replay value (You need to replay the game just to find all the extras) which is nice because you actually want to play more when you finish it. This game is a must buy. Go buy it. Now. Expand
  8. CBoy
    Nov 24, 2008
    B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T! One of the best games in a long time:
    -game-play: challenging yet still playable.
    -rent or buy?:either...one of the few games where you can play once and enjoy or play twice to find everything, perfect your skills and go for the other ending.
    -rivals?-not since the LoTR games or Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
    In conclusion: get it or Santa will hate you!!!
  9. Oct 6, 2010
    This is an awesome game. I don't get the negativity at all! Being a huge Star Wars fan myself, I loved the story, the gameplay, and the voice acting was top notch! Can't wait to play the sequel!
  10. Aug 8, 2014
    Brilliant storyline, lots of upgradable powers and unlockable strikes and combos and even different outfits to choose from don't ever let you get bored with the game. I have beaten it twice with joy, and I highly reccomend it not only to Star Wars fans, but also to skilled gamers who want to test their agility.
  11. MooCheesey
    Sep 22, 2008
    My actual rating is 9.5. This game is awesome. The force is great and I don't think I've ever had so much fun on a game as I did on the first level as Darth Vader. The only problem is that if you walk into a tree on that level it falls down. Otherwise it is amazing-BUY THIS NOW.
  12. Al
    Sep 20, 2008
    Listen... pay not attention to the critics. If you're a Star Wars head this is a must-have.
  13. MichaelE
    Jun 12, 2009
    A highly entertaining next-gen Star Wars game that is unfortunately without its shortfalls. Travel stunning parts of the galaxy and use awesome force moves to battle your way through the game world on your quest as Darth Vader's apprentice.

Stunning cut-scenes and highly enjoyable gameplay, this game has a great storyline to follow. This game is highly recommended to any Star Wars fans out there who can overlook the slight frustrations with the game whilst playing it.
  14. EricB.
    Sep 17, 2008
    I am a huge Star Wars fan, and to me this game has delivered. I don't care about the occasional terrain glitch, or sound mishap, all in all the Game does deliver for the AVID star wars fan. I cant tell you how satisfying it is to lift a storm trooper and throw him into an incoming tie fighter...priceless.
  15. ErnestoC.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Even though the game has its flaws, poor targeting, an avalanche of enemies, the game is very fun to play. As a Star Wars fan, you would not be able to miss this game, story wise around as good as Empire Strikes back. Very fun, very edgy. I love games like God of War and Ninja Gaiden, and this one would come close in gameplay, but with a story very well known to many. If you do not know Even though the game has its flaws, poor targeting, an avalanche of enemies, the game is very fun to play. As a Star Wars fan, you would not be able to miss this game, story wise around as good as Empire Strikes back. Very fun, very edgy. I love games like God of War and Ninja Gaiden, and this one would come close in gameplay, but with a story very well known to many. If you do not know anything about Star Wars, but love destructive, purely fun games, I still recommend it. Expand
  16. DavidS.
    Sep 21, 2008
    I think this game is gooooood i often hate games with its sort of gameplay but the range of ideas you can explore and the exciting story make it better than most level by level action games x.
  17. BBrazil
    Oct 13, 2008
    Star Wars fans will love it! Good replay value. Good graphics and sound. Good story.
  18. CaseyW.
    Sep 18, 2008
    This game brought a lot of new powers and abilities to gaming in general, the force is amazing. These great new concepts overshadow the sometimes frustrating lock on system and other bugs.
  19. Andreas
    Sep 21, 2008
    Sure, the game has it's flaws, but it's so addictive that that barely matters. The force powers look great and finishing a powerful combo feels awesome. The game also has a compelling story and if you love Star Wars, you might even add one point to my score, but if you hate it, you might take away 2 points, but for Star Wars fans it can not be missed!
  20. sherrodc.
    Sep 20, 2008
    Great game would have made an even better RPG like STKOTR / Jade Empire/ Fable, they could have kept the gameplay the same just added vast cities/ planets and hundreds of quest like oblivion a few puzzles epic battle field battles thicken the plot a little more. over all a great game, but then again like starwars.
  21. P.W.
    Oct 17, 2008
    I think people in general have been overly critical of this game. It is an action game as billed, not a adventure game nor an RPG. The bottom line is good physics engine, good graphics, good story, good combos and force effects, and all set in the heart of the Star Wars storyline. You get used to the controls after playing for a while. I have played through this game 4 times and I still I think people in general have been overly critical of this game. It is an action game as billed, not a adventure game nor an RPG. The bottom line is good physics engine, good graphics, good story, good combos and force effects, and all set in the heart of the Star Wars storyline. You get used to the controls after playing for a while. I have played through this game 4 times and I still enjoy sitting down to reek havoc in new ways. Expand
  22. Alcades
    Sep 20, 2008
    While it's far from perfect, I sure had a fun time with SW:The Force Unleashed. and I I'd recommend it to Action gmae and Star Wars fans The best part is the story and some slick attacks/force powers. The worst part is the targeting system, which is also attached to the camera system. All in all, it's a great game with some minor flaws that drag it down.
  23. DF.
    Oct 3, 2008
    Star Destroyer battle is sadly a major pain in the rectum. Bad controller direction makes this a very disappointing game. It's good fun outside of that, though.
  24. ShaunC
    Sep 18, 2008
    There are glitch problems, frame drops etc. But in the end it is a fun action title, and has a very good story...kinda sad when the video game has better acting (overall) than the films.
  25. Maroha
    Sep 18, 2008
    Yes, there was some repetition, but still I feel a sense of fulfillment when I toss an electrified stormtrooper into a group of his buddies and knock them all down like bowling pins. Sweet!
  26. robertp.
    Sep 19, 2008
    It was fun and enjoyable; some people say it's repetitive, but it's too short almost to be able to repeat itself; over-all a good rental.
  27. Mar 24, 2011
    Having get a chance to play Darth Vadar was awesome. I actually restarted the game five times just for the experience. The rest of the game has a very good story with high quality cutscences that show outstanding graphics. The combat was great with the traditional action button combo needed for different kills on enemies. The boss battles were weak in the sense of pre-timed button pushingHaving get a chance to play Darth Vadar was awesome. I actually restarted the game five times just for the experience. The rest of the game has a very good story with high quality cutscences that show outstanding graphics. The combat was great with the traditional action button combo needed for different kills on enemies. The boss battles were weak in the sense of pre-timed button pushing needed to beat the boss. I hate those. Looking around for those glowing orbs, or upgrading my lightsaber was very difficult and I wished I could have found more but there comes a point were you have to stop looking and move on to the next chapter Expand
  28. May 28, 2012
    FU1 is a great Star Wars game that makes you feel like a Jedi. The variety of Force powers and combos at your disposal is astounding, yet that doesn't mean you're invincible. While the voice acting and story is great, some of the enemies are a bit tedious to fight (such as the purge troopers) and sometimes you have to find out what power an enemy is weakest to e.g. force lightning or yourFU1 is a great Star Wars game that makes you feel like a Jedi. The variety of Force powers and combos at your disposal is astounding, yet that doesn't mean you're invincible. While the voice acting and story is great, some of the enemies are a bit tedious to fight (such as the purge troopers) and sometimes you have to find out what power an enemy is weakest to e.g. force lightning or your lightsaber. The inability to deflect rockets is another niggle and it's annoying when you get struck down by one, get up and before you can do anything another rocket hits you. Yet this doesn't make the game difficult and it is fun to experiment with different powers e.g. electrocuting someone, throwing your saber in them and then throwing them; the men you fight are especially funny when they're not begging for mercy or falling into an abyss. The end fight is fun and even has a light side/dark side ending depending on a choice you make. This is a pretty good game that any Star Wars fan should buy. Plus you get to slaughter a large number of Wookies! Expand
  29. Jun 15, 2012
    Entertaining rag doll effects, force powers and a dedicated story that Star Wars fans will go nuts over, mixed with the sounds and music of the movies makes for an appealing, visually awesome game.
  30. Jan 16, 2013
    What do you want from a Star Wars game? If its a game where you play as someone in the action, see Star Wars Battlefront II. If you want a over the top game that makes you feel like a powerful jedi assassin then look no further than Star Wars The Force Unleashed. The game exceeds all previous expectations that were previously surrounding it. The game looks gorgeous and plays even better.What do you want from a Star Wars game? If its a game where you play as someone in the action, see Star Wars Battlefront II. If you want a over the top game that makes you feel like a powerful jedi assassin then look no further than Star Wars The Force Unleashed. The game exceeds all previous expectations that were previously surrounding it. The game looks gorgeous and plays even better. The only issue here is the length. But any longer and it would have been dragging on. The game uses a level up system that rewards the players excellently. You can level up force powers, stats(health, energy, damage) and purchase combos. Its extremely rewarding. It shows in the gameplay; at the beginning of the game you'll struggle to fight a group of enemys and by the end of the game you will be able to fight an army of mechs, enemys and turrets at one time. It definitely shows when you replay the game completely leveled up. At this point you'll be able to experiment with every combo without being scarred of the risk. You can do some real crazy **** Its a must buy. Expand
  31. Jun 10, 2013
    Now this package is just what a Star Wars fan needs. It doesn't detach from the original feel of the Star Wars universe, while still providing new elements for fans to enjoy. The gameplay is smooth, the story is coherent and unique, the visuals are great, and the audio and voice acting is top-notch. However, the targeting system is subpar (the worst I've seen), and the Sith Master is tooNow this package is just what a Star Wars fan needs. It doesn't detach from the original feel of the Star Wars universe, while still providing new elements for fans to enjoy. The gameplay is smooth, the story is coherent and unique, the visuals are great, and the audio and voice acting is top-notch. However, the targeting system is subpar (the worst I've seen), and the Sith Master is too difficult, throwing overwhelming amounts of foes at you while making sure you take no more than three hits to die. Overall, great game. Expand
  32. Sep 6, 2014
    This game is great! Certainly much better than the second game.. The campaign is big, the Plot is awesome, The graphics still cant be denied, and the Ending was good! I really enjoyed playing this game.
  33. May 21, 2015

1. At the end of the day, this remains a Star Wars game - and an essential one thanks to its compelling story and, to be fair, engaging gameplay. [Oct 2008, p.74]
  2. An ambitious--yet ultimately dissatisfying--effort. [Oct 2008, p.82]
    Uninspired level design and some tedious enemy battles mar an experience that gives you power over the Force like we've never really seen before. While it's far from perfect, Star Wars fans will find that it's worth playing through simply for its story and the ability to use the Force in fairly awesome ways.