Starhawk PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: May 8, 2012
7.8

1. Nov 14, 2016
    My username on the Playstation 3 is Sandblazter. I am a huge fan of the games Warhawk and Starhawk. I play them any time that I possibly can. I would rather play Starhawk than call of duty. I feel like everyone should know about this game because it is truly amazing. It is a classic game that allows you to change your base and the battlefield any way you want, along with many weaponsMy username on the Playstation 3 is Sandblazter. I am a huge fan of the games Warhawk and Starhawk. I play them any time that I possibly can. I would rather play Starhawk than call of duty. I feel like everyone should know about this game because it is truly amazing. It is a classic game that allows you to change your base and the battlefield any way you want, along with many weapons and vehicles that will bring you to victory! - November 14, 2016 Expand
  2. May 5, 2015
    Starhawk represents the perfect mixture between TPS games and a bit of RTS games. The maps almost don't have that much structures, giving you and your teammates the opportunity to build your main base and secondary bases as you prefer. Splendid music since you put the disc on (music sometimes activate during certain events, like capturing the flag or killing an enemy), pretty good graphicsStarhawk represents the perfect mixture between TPS games and a bit of RTS games. The maps almost don't have that much structures, giving you and your teammates the opportunity to build your main base and secondary bases as you prefer. Splendid music since you put the disc on (music sometimes activate during certain events, like capturing the flag or killing an enemy), pretty good graphics with no visible edges in models of vehicles or structures and a damn fun gameplay style. The build-it-yourself mechanic of the game, makes every match different from the others. Starhawk has became one of the best online multiplayer games ever made. The only reason I don't give this game a 10, it's because it doesn't have a really compelling story and characters, but instead the campaign it's used as a extensive tutorial, where you can learn the basics of how to build, drive, fly and use weapons. If you want a better multiplayer action/shooting game, that's more innovative, sir, you expectations are pretty huge. Expand
  3. Jan 7, 2015
    Wow, what a amazing game that not a lot of people played.. I loved this game, so much that I actually purchased an online pass knowing the player base might be in the single digits. The innovative real time build structures while you play was awesome and fun, and was clearly the highlight of the game. They basically fused a solid tower defense game with a very good third person shooter,Wow, what a amazing game that not a lot of people played.. I loved this game, so much that I actually purchased an online pass knowing the player base might be in the single digits. The innovative real time build structures while you play was awesome and fun, and was clearly the highlight of the game. They basically fused a solid tower defense game with a very good third person shooter, and added in mechs for good measure. People complaining about lack of innovation in video games, look no further this is your game here. The story of this game was good(pretty straight-foward), but the gameplay overshadowed the story to the point where I was hooked by the build and battle system, always trying to think about what to do next. The flight combat can be awkward, but still enjoyable and felt fresh. Now the multiplayer has a very steep learning curve, and the play style of others can be frustrating, but it's enjoyable if you put time and actually get good at it. To end, I don't know if this game was ahead of it's time or not, because when I think of next-gen games, I think of this game. Everyone should check this game out, and I would'nt mind a remaster or even a starhawk 2 in the future.. Expand
  4. Mar 23, 2014
    (Before reading on please note that this review is purely on the single player campaign)

Its no secret that sony's beloved hawk series is as of late has mainly focused on being an epic multi player experience and starhawk is no exception. However as a I guess you could say bonus the developers added in a single player campaign to starhawk and although not the main attraction of the game its definitely a unique fun experience.

The gameplay consists of many different elements including third person shooter, tower defence, mec control and air combat (yeah I wasn't using the term unique loosely) the main objectives for each level varies. The most common objective is to protect a specific landmark from a horde of enemies this is were the third person shooter and tower defence aspect most commonly comes into play although the third person shooting mechanics are fairly common the tower defence element is were this game really shines. The player can summon several different pieces of equipment to aid them in there fight this includes things such as turrets, allies, new weapons, shelter, a mec (which can transform into a fighter plane) and much more.these items can be summoned at almost any time in almost any place but there's a catch every time you summon an item it costs rift energy and this can be seen as currency the bigger the item you purchase the more rift energy it costs and rift energy comes in small supplies so it needs to be spent wisely however rift energy can be earned from killing enemies and breaking open specific containers so all is not lost if you are low.

Other common objectives include destroying all enemies in the level which is commonly achieved by using landmark defence methods for ground enemies but for air enemies a fighter plane must be used. This is accomplished by summoning a mec which can used as a powerful land weapon to defeat grounded enemies with ease and when the time comes your mec can transform into a fighter plane to take down air enemies.

Graphics are pretty standard for the most part not bad but nothing out of the ordinary. the setting in very unique having a futuristic western sci fi setting which is not a common concept at all. The controls are great with each button doing something different and the controls being easy to use and memorable. the cutscense are fantastic being presented in a unique cartoon like artstyle that you wont be forgetting any time soon. The story is quite fascinating although over time you realise that there's not much too it. The weakest part of the single player campaign is without question is its length with there being only ten levels and although each level is fairly long the campaign can be completed within 5-6 hours but keep in mind that the campaign is more a less a bonus like I mentioned at the start of this review so 5-6 hours really isn't all that bad.

Over all Starhawk's single player campaign is a blast to play with a unique environment fun entertaining gameplay elements bind together to make one heck of an original gameplay idea a somewhat interesting concept for a story that could be better but could be a lot worse and most importantly what this and every game should be pure fun starhawk definitely gets a star in my books.
  5. Feb 16, 2014
    Excellent follow up to "Warhawk" with tons up creativity and a sandbox way of playing. However, the one downside is that should you play in a multiplayer game where someone has dlc content, such as the grizzly, then you will be at a massive disadvantage. This forces you to buy the dlc content which makes the game a little more expensive than it should.
  6. Jan 20, 2014
    This game has amazing multiplayer. The matches constantly change as players call down new buildings, launch new vehicles, and use new weapons. I love how deep the team-play is - everyone must work together so that their actions complement their team's, otherwise they will likely lose the match. The maps are huge, second only to the Battlefield series, and the thrill you get from navigatingThis game has amazing multiplayer. The matches constantly change as players call down new buildings, launch new vehicles, and use new weapons. I love how deep the team-play is - everyone must work together so that their actions complement their team's, otherwise they will likely lose the match. The maps are huge, second only to the Battlefield series, and the thrill you get from navigating them gave me chills. The campaign wasn't bad, but its average feel is what prevents this review from being a 10. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Not the best looking graphics, but they are still amazing. 9.5.
    Sound: Amazing soundtrack. 10.
    Graphics: Not the best looking graphics, but they are still amazing. 9.5.
    Sound: Amazing soundtrack. 10.
    Gameplay: The gameplay is amazing, it feels like an old school shooter, sandbox, strategy, flight, everything in one package type game. Shooting at enemies is probably the only con I have with this game, it takes forever, and it’s a little tough to position the aimer since the camera is over the shoulder. The game doesn’t have a cover system, which I think is a good thing. Cover-systems are not a new revolution, games with cover need to stop and go back to the old school way. It works with games like Gears/Uncharted, but it is not needed in Star Hawk. Anyway, the multiplayer is possibly one of the best experiences I have ever had. You could call this game playstations Halo, but in third person. It even jumps the extra mile and has 10x better space combat then Halo Reach had, which was so hyped before release. Anyway, the gameplay is brilliant. You have the option of building bunkers, jetpacks, hawks, turrets, a whole base, which gives it that star craft feel. There’s too much I could go on about for this game, but its best told in players hands. 9.5.
    Story: The story wasn’t too interesting, it was average at best. 7.
    Lasting Appeal: This game is worth it, the single player clocks about 6 hours, and the multiplayer is where the package is at. 10.
    Overall Score: 9.2 out of 10.
  8. Mar 11, 2013
    This game was all about the multiplayer from the start. The only flaw of the game is the Campaign and only because of its presentation. It could have perfectly been cooperative as well but these are the only problems that this game arguably has. The game's strength comes from the multiplayer which is unique and engaging. It is not just a third-person shooter, it has an element of strategyThis game was all about the multiplayer from the start. The only flaw of the game is the Campaign and only because of its presentation. It could have perfectly been cooperative as well but these are the only problems that this game arguably has. The game's strength comes from the multiplayer which is unique and engaging. It is not just a third-person shooter, it has an element of strategy that is enjoyable in itself. You can perfectly have fun just building, repairing, and doing many other things than just shooting. The amount of vehicles and buildings you can construct is astounding and adds greater variety to the strategy of a match. It is a game where the best is not judged just based on kills but on strategy and you are rewarded by it. The multiplayer has many modes and the servers are still well and alive up to the day. Once again, the critic review average is off. The game's multiplayer was the main concentration from its inception and it's at least on the low 90s in terms of quality. The game is a real blast to play and there's no other third-person shooting/strategy game like this on consoles. Expand
  9. Dec 26, 2012
    Perhaps the best multiplayer of 2012, but a bad campaign. It is widely known that the campaign is only really a training ground for the multiplayer modes, but it is still worth mentioning. Everything centers around this new "Build and Battle" structure, and rightfully so. It is excellent.

The single player is ouhtright bad. not terrible, but borderline-ok bad. Gameplay is excellent (as it is essentially multiplayer) and graphics are great. The story is stock loner and rather hard to follow, and it's hard to care for any of the characters. People live and die. So what. The final boss was a little too difficult for a generally extremely easy campaign. Cutscenes are terrible. They feature little character animation, with worn page looking screens. They don't look good, but they did have good potential. The cutscenes and story are so bad, I found myself sighing that I couldn't skip half the cutscenes and get right to the gameplay.

Multiplayer, on the other hand, is why you should buy the game. It is excellent, but far from perfect. Your arsenal is very limited... that's because, in a way, you have three of them. The Build and Battle works great, and is essential to... everything!! It's about making choices. Do I build a sniper tower or save up for the tank? Do I build a vehicle or grab supplies and go it on foot? It's also all well rounded. There is no one super overpowerig item essential to win. Beam turrets tear apart any vehicles. Soldiers tear apart beam turrets. Auto turrets and vehicles tear apart soldiers. Shields protect your structure. Build a base! Everything about multiplayer is great... almost. Even with the many patches, it is very glitchy. For example, I can't create games. Once you start a match and start playing, there are few to no problems, but the problem is getting there. Some matches you can't join, you might have trouble with split-screen, etc. The DLC for it is... great if you have it, terrible if you don't. What I previously said about no overpowering weapons or structures is thrown off by the DLC. Those of us not willing to buy the DLC have to suffer through being repeatedly destroyed. Pod launchers (DLC) can transport you extremely fast, and in a way provide spawns in the enemy base. Defense: none. Grizzlys (DLC) provide extremely quick vehicle movement, as well as good armor and extremely potent weapon systems. Defence: Beam turrets, at least three. It makes it hard for you to even play if you don't have DLC and someone else does. Overall, Starhawk is an excellent multiplayer with an excellent Build and Battle system that works well and is essential for winning any match. I keep going back to it even after I'm done with the campaign and seen all of multiplayer.
  10. Nov 18, 2012
    As other people have mentioned, the single-player for this game is a bit of a miss. That's not to say it's bad, just the characters aren't very interesting and the missions aren't very varied. Thankfully, multi-player makes up the meat of the experience and it is absolutely glorious. The battlegrounds feel wonderfully epic to explore and they're constantly changing thanks to the build &As other people have mentioned, the single-player for this game is a bit of a miss. That's not to say it's bad, just the characters aren't very interesting and the missions aren't very varied. Thankfully, multi-player makes up the meat of the experience and it is absolutely glorious. The battlegrounds feel wonderfully epic to explore and they're constantly changing thanks to the build & battle system, where structures can be called down from the sky to aid you in battle. There's more than a hint of Star Wars Battlefront in some of the modes (such as zones) and maps (such as Cypress), and that's no bad thing. The shooting is very solid and there's a great tactical layer underlying everything. And there's a fantastic co-op horde mode as well, which is well worth your time.

If you're looking for a single-player experience, Starhawk probably isn't it, but if you're looking for arguably the best multi-player experience on the console then it's well worth your time.
  11. Oct 16, 2012
    This is one of those games that needs more attention. Its got so much going for it, its a shame that too many people are wrapped up in the more mainstream games. To name some of the things it has going, its got amazing graphics, great setting and story, wonderful multiplayer, and extremely fun gameplay. Even if you were only allowed to use the Hawk, essentially Starscream if you couldThis is one of those games that needs more attention. Its got so much going for it, its a shame that too many people are wrapped up in the more mainstream games. To name some of the things it has going, its got amazing graphics, great setting and story, wonderful multiplayer, and extremely fun gameplay. Even if you were only allowed to use the Hawk, essentially Starscream if you could pilot him, this game would still be amazing. Yet its got so many other options, updates constantly, and is still releasing DLC content, including new vehicles. The reason its a 9 though is that the learning curve is somewhat high, especially with the Hawks, as a well trained pilot can instakill less skilled pilots whenever they want. Aside from that, the game has a well balanced multiplayer thats well worth the price, so get it while you still can Expand
  12. Oct 4, 2012
    Forget what you know about online gaming. For the majority of us the subject of mutiplayer usually conjures up frantic images of run and gunning, crude insults and getting ones head blown off. I am speaking generally as for many folk the typical FPS is the holy grail of gaming. It does seem however that which each new incarnation the die hard fans will complain that the latest is inferiorForget what you know about online gaming. For the majority of us the subject of mutiplayer usually conjures up frantic images of run and gunning, crude insults and getting ones head blown off. I am speaking generally as for many folk the typical FPS is the holy grail of gaming. It does seem however that which each new incarnation the die hard fans will complain that the latest is inferior to the last and I am not surprised that the business of ranking up every year is something of a chore.

Bring in Starhawk and what is it that is different. I will still endure frantic shootouts and have my virtual head removed from a couple of clicks away but...

Aside from the hell for leather Free For All deathmatches. The thing that separates Starhawk from every other online multiplayer is the selfish co-operation system it uses. This needs a little explanation;

Each player has the same ability to build structures and vehicles as they see fit. You want to snipe - Build a watchtower. You need to get from A to B - Build a Sidewinder (speederbike). This all adds to a sense of co-operative mayhem and a kind of organised chaos. Each team member is contributing to the cause in there own way. So my Sidewinder corral is accessible for every player on my team to access and spawn a Sidewinder of their own, like wise for the Watchtower, there is a sniper rifle ready and waiting for any team-mate who climbs the ladder.

The greatest success is when you get together on the headsets and plan and plot your strategy as the battle unfolds. Tell your mates you have build an outpost on the farside of the map for sneaky troop deployment or they may not see it to take advantage.

The battles; There is no need to go hell for leather all guns blazing, unless you want to, each battle lasts for 45 minutes - YES 45 minutes, less if there is a score limit but even with a limit we are talking a good 20 - 25 mins plus.

This massive amount of time allows players to try a number of tactics and gauge the battlefield as it develops. Snipers can truly camp out and enjoy the hunt (This camping is addressed cleverly by way of a bright lazer beam emitting from the scope if a player aims for more than a few seconds, notifying enemies and making the sniper hit and run with grater frequency). Players receive XP for building and destroying structures so the great architects and military officianardos can indulge themselves in base building and strategy if the firefight is not going their way.

All of this coupled with jawdropping scenery, huge maps, transforming mechs and an epic score all amounts to something very special and a real treasure of gaming. Starhawk is here to stay and the community online is still going strong with lists of matches filled with players.

A note on the single player - It is a flat tutorial. Great to be included as as a tutorial it is really good but take it with a pinch of salt. If it were not for the campaign many would not bother with this game so it is needed but the heart and soul of Starhawk is online.
  13. Sep 23, 2012
    So I rented the game, and the people who made the game are stupid and decided to put an online pass, so I was a little mad about that, played through the campaign in one night, it's not too long, but it is great.
    The gameplay surprisingly never got repetitive, the fights are always really nice and you never really stop doing anything, if there arent any enemies on ecreen, you build, then an army drops, you kill... I thought this was a great game just from the campaign.
  14. Sep 21, 2012
    This game adds lots from it's predecessor, better graphics, better soundtrack, the option to use your own stored music and plus, Online multiplayer splitscreen.

BUT, it's sometimes gets laggy, and in 2p splitscreen gets unplayable, the weapons are bland and pretty common, ZERO imagination there, Tanks are 2 shot busted, making them rather useless, the Turbo button on a Hawk is annoying as hell, very unresponsive, there are no flavor or racial unique vehicles, weapons or abilities which is a bummer and there are so few maps, you get bored from them easily.

This game is Fun? Yes
    Addictive? Yes i gotta say
    But it could've been better much much better.
  15. Sep 19, 2012
    this game is FUN, and if you are a ps3 owner check it out. If you love shooters but are getting tired of cod, battlefield, or pretty much every other shooter out there, then this game is one to pick up because it is so unique. It combines third person shooting with base building like in a strategy game. The gunplay is silky smooth, which admittedly i wasnt expecting. The controls forthis game is FUN, and if you are a ps3 owner check it out. If you love shooters but are getting tired of cod, battlefield, or pretty much every other shooter out there, then this game is one to pick up because it is so unique. It combines third person shooting with base building like in a strategy game. The gunplay is silky smooth, which admittedly i wasnt expecting. The controls for everything from flying to laying down buildings in your base ( or wherever you choose to lay them) is very smooth and intuitive. the singleplayer campaign is fun in its own right, but it gets really good online. and whats great is that however you choose to attack or defend, whether it be flying your spaceship, walking in your mech, driving a tank, or just going at it on foot (my favorite), you are not at a disadvantage, you can wreck it however you want. oh and the jetpack is a blast. if you want a fun, smooth, unique third person shooter on ps3 (that also offers so much more), this is the way to go. Expand
  16. Aug 5, 2012
    If you're getting this for the single-player, don't bother. The single-player sucks. It's the online multiplayer that rocks. It's not as good as Warhawk, but if you already have Warhawk and you're getting bored with it, go get this.
  17. Jul 25, 2012
    The story is not really anything new (it's like Star Wars set in the wild west in some places), but the actual gameplay and multiplayer modes are so addicting that you don't want to stop playing. Awesome graphics and visuals, smooth, satisfying gameplay and no-nonsense action from start to finish. I rate this game Solid.
  18. Jul 22, 2012
    A lot of Warhawk(the predecessor to Starhawk) complain about how its not Warhawk 2 or how it has some copy-paste code from War hawk.

However as a player who is brand new to the franchise I love it! The single player may be repetitive in terms of gameplay, but the story is at least amusing. Where the game really shines is the multiplayer. It is very well balanced and all the game modes are enjoyable. Some complain that the building system is a griefers paradise, but that just gives incentive to band together with fellow players who are interested in winning.

One aspect of the game that is often overlooked is the customization in the multiplayer. The unlockable head, torso, arms and legs add a sense of ownership that is lacking in many large scale multiplayer games. You can even customize the paint schemes on your vehicles

Starhawk has been a truly enjoyable experience for me, and I look forward to the free updates the developers will be putting out!
  19. Jul 13, 2012
    favorite third person shooter yet. and iv played all the gears, ghost recons, and more. the single player is ok, but the online is outstanding. the theme is wierd, becuase you are literally a space cowboy. the style, music, and setting is all western, exept with like wih space technolegy. interesting, and fun. play it.
  20. Jun 20, 2012
    One of the best online experiances on this generation. Large servers, awesome mechs, and sweet knifing makes the multiplayer a must. Single player uninspired, but the campaign is still fun despite this, and that is what matters.
  21. Jun 14, 2012
    Starhawk, spiritual successor to Warhawk is what I and all Warhawk fans were hoping for. The single player campaign gets you used to the mechanics of build and battle and gets you familiar with the all of the vehicles and weaponry. It is a real campaign that has a storyline, rather than the simple tutorial that was apart of Warhawk. The online mode is capable of being one of the best timesStarhawk, spiritual successor to Warhawk is what I and all Warhawk fans were hoping for. The single player campaign gets you used to the mechanics of build and battle and gets you familiar with the all of the vehicles and weaponry. It is a real campaign that has a storyline, rather than the simple tutorial that was apart of Warhawk. The online mode is capable of being one of the best times you can have in a multiplayer setting, you get all this: huge maps to strategize your attacks and plan defenses, awesome vehicles to get around in, great feel to everything you are able to do, and great options for building a base and organizing a defense/attack position. However organizing people to commit to a strategy and help you in forwarding your bases is a hard task. As well, once you actually get a Spawn Outpost set up, they are far too easy to destroy with one swoop of a Hawk, or practically 1 shot from the big tank vehicle. In fact I would say everything gets destroyed too easily when using those 2 vehicles. And it is hard to strategize, or at least just give a heads up or a quick tactic suggestion when nobody has a Mic to talk with. Seriously it's 2012, if you don't have a mic, you should invest a games worth of money to get one. But this isn't the only game that is hurt because of that. But it hurts it a good amount when nobody communicates. Six out of 10 for now. *Updated* Apparently there were a few major updates to Starhawk in the 1st week of June which addressed "base-ravaging" and a host of other welcome changes that actually do make it harder to ravage and more worthwhile to strategize around the map by reducing the cost of an outpost from 8 to 4! My favorite change since it was always impossible to get troops around the map having to wait for [8] bars of Rift Energy. As well, changes were made to the OX Tank rail-gun and the Tank now costs [4] to spawn it from the depot. Also the Hawk weapons and invisibility problem were solved to make them much more balanced. Thank you Lightbox for listening and knowing what's up with your game. They are great improvements for this really unique game. Now I have to go to Gamestop to get that game back! Expand
  22. Jun 7, 2012
    This is the best game I have played from 2012 so far. Why is that? It's because of the ridiculously fun multiplayer. The single player is hardly any fun past the first few missions and throws an uninteresting story in to disguise i th campaign as being more than a tutorial. First, the innovative build and battle mechanic injects a healthy dose of RTS into the experience. It's always fun toThis is the best game I have played from 2012 so far. Why is that? It's because of the ridiculously fun multiplayer. The single player is hardly any fun past the first few missions and throws an uninteresting story in to disguise i th campaign as being more than a tutorial. First, the innovative build and battle mechanic injects a healthy dose of RTS into the experience. It's always fun to see the massive fortresses people have built.Then when you get a tank you can blow it to pieces.The controls feel flawless and the hawks handle like a dream. Getting a hawk doesn't make you overpowered as there are tons of ways your enemy can destroy you.Overall, the game is packaged with a boring single player but an absolutely enthralling multiplayer that makes this title a must have for any PS3 owner with an internet connection. Expand
  23. Jun 6, 2012
    Perhaps the last great PS3 multiplayer shooter. This game is epic online. I've had TDM games go 100-99 in the last seconds, flag captures in sudden death with hawks flying above. This game is just getting started online. Where other shooters seem to focus on short bursts of action in distracting landscapes, Starhawk focuses on strategy and skill in the air and on the ground.

Find and

Find and play with people at your skill level and you'll have a great time. The coming free DLC maps will ensure that this game will stay an online classic.

The co-op is also fun and pretty damn challenging as well. I really love this game. Get a mic and go rock out.
  24. May 24, 2012
    StarHawk is a great game but there are flaws that push it away from excellence.
    For starters the multiplayer needs more polishing. It's a bit to frantic and unorganized.
    The singleplayer is fantastic lasting only about 6-7 hours. The Single player experience was so great that it just needed a little bit more. I played the Single Player and Co-op way more than i did the multiplayer.
    StarHawk is a great game but there are flaws that push it away from excellence.
    I played the Single Player and Co-op way more than i did the multiplayer.
    Nonetheless a great exclusive but not a must buy.
    Get on it.
  25. May 20, 2012
    Single player is short and enjoyable but not outstanding. Multi is pretty awesome and pretty original. Definite buy if you want to try something new and interesting, just don't expect a perfect game.
  26. May 19, 2012
    Great game i must say, single player is just to wet your teeth and the meat is the multi, seems to have everything from inspecting maps alone to get used to them and every control option to make that crappy controller better for impressive combat thru to fun team based/building aspects rarely seen in games on consoles.

This is a true 8.5 score, if it had keyboard and mouse support i'd

This is a true 8.5 score, if it had keyboard and mouse support i'd give it a 9 and if it was also on PC i'd give it a 10 lol

The morons giving this low scores need to go back to MW and have a cry.
  27. May 17, 2012
    Starhawk is fun, unique and totally original. Makes a nice change from your standard shooter.
    The multiplayer is incredibly smooth with no glitches or lag that I have noticed. Controls are spot on.
    Playing the single player definitely helps prepare you for multiplayer. So I'd recommended playing this first. You can customize your characters appearance, and vehicles. It has 2 player split
    You can customize your characters appearance, and vehicles. It has 2 player split screen off and online, co-op and everything else you would expect from a MP. The best feature is the build and battle system.
    This idea is so that the whole match play is purely driven by the players strategy. So every match won't reallyplay out the same way. Brilliant!. Oh and free dlc and expansion packs so I read, that's always good news.
    So get on it, its awesome!.
  28. May 15, 2012
    If you don't have access to the internet Starhawk isn't the game for you. The multiplayers one of the best I've played this generation but the learning curve is rather high.
  29. May 13, 2012
    So far, so good. As a diehard Warhawk fan, I anticipated this game with a fervor I never experienced. I feel like my appetite for a new take on my favorite game has worked out well. Controls are fluid and responsive, can't ask for anything more. Gameplay is frenetic when you can find the hot-spots, but big maps and the high cost of spawn beacon mean that two teams are separated by vastSo far, so good. As a diehard Warhawk fan, I anticipated this game with a fervor I never experienced. I feel like my appetite for a new take on my favorite game has worked out well. Controls are fluid and responsive, can't ask for anything more. Gameplay is frenetic when you can find the hot-spots, but big maps and the high cost of spawn beacon mean that two teams are separated by vast space, unless players conserve rift energy to build beacons in forward locations. I am concerned that the short time it takes to reach the maximum level will lead to a shorter lifespan than Warhawk. That game maxed out at 275,000 points, with a kill ranging from 1-3 pts. Even the most point hungry players still took ~900 hours to reach General, the highest rank. Starhawk has been out for less than a week and people have already reached 50. What happens next, I don't know, but I'll probably find out next week!

1 thing to change: allow for players to shoot while accelerating on jetbikes. Maybe just with the pistol, since it's one handed. I actually haven't tried that! I will inspect. Otherwise, allow us to share rift!

1. Aug 16, 2012
    Starhawk is one of the best multiplayer shooters that I have played mainly for its strategic build and battle gameplay. The gameplay style truly brings a lot more to the usual online multiplayer gameplay that is found in other games.
  2. Aug 10, 2012
    The disappointment stems from the notion that it could have been truly great, but a few design decisions and strange lag keep it from achieving that.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Jul 19, 2012
    Starhawk is building a strong reputation as THE online title for PS3 players. [Aug 2012, p.72]