8.0

1. Dec 18, 2013
    Not a bad game but the gameplay seemed unfinished. The controls didn't work for me. I always did stuff I didn't want to do and never knew exactly how to make sure I'd stay in bullet time as long as possible. I didn't know how to stay out off dodge and defend myself against enemies either. Maybe it's just not my kind of game.
  2. Nov 1, 2011
    Fun game, good plot, and its got Tequila! John Woo's film doesn't dissapoint. If you don't know what i'm talking about, then go google "Hardboiled" and watch it. A classic gun-fu type of film. This game is nothing less. Gives you god-like powers, with a life of course (you can't be God, there's only one). Pick it up and play, what can I say. Gameplay is good, at times iffy. But, for a game based off of a movie. Not bad, not even half bad. It's pretty damn cheap now so go grab a copy and play for days, its a good way to spend a weekend. Expand

1. Stranglehold has a cool-as-anything hero, a strong story, a great pick-up-and-play vibe and - later on - a genuinely taxing tactical side. It is, in short,one of the most exciting games of any genre on PS3. [Oct 2007, p.84]
  2. An exhilarating shooter brushed with John Woo's genius, Stranglehold plays like Max Payne in a bag of snakes. [Oct 2007, p.8]
  3. Brainless shooters are one thing, but with an interesting storyline and the world of John Woo controllable in the palm of your hands, action fans should flock around this one as it offers much “bang” for the buck.