Street Fighter IV PlayStation 3

7.3

1. SquidJ.
    Feb 17, 2009
    Move over third strike...Sf4 is the true sequel and the best SF period.
  2. Jan 11, 2011
    Bought this game for "one sofa multiplayer" and it´s just great!!!
    classic chars, classic locations, classic sound, but all better
    same old moves, perfect
  3. FelipeL
    Dec 1, 2009
    The best fighting game ever for ps3 system, and a really well done job on art by bringing back from the past one of the worlds most famous games ever. Fans have to have it.
  4. SuleimanM.
    Feb 20, 2009
    Fantastic! Back to its roots. No more tag teams, or any non sense of that kind. Great roster, incredible graphics, and most importantly, it's Street Fighter. Anyone that even has a SLIGHT interest in the genre must pick this up. Anyone giving this game under an 8 is clearly playing it by themselves, enough said.
  5. imadf
    Mar 30, 2009
    This is by far the best street fighter game ever made!!!!! in fact it si the best fighting game ver made!!!! possibly the best game ever made. This game has made the fighting genre appealing after a massive downturn. It is very accessible yet very depp if you are willing to invest some time in it. The characters are well balanced, fighting is graceful and fluid and the graphics are This is by far the best street fighter game ever made!!!!! in fact it si the best fighting game ver made!!!! possibly the best game ever made. This game has made the fighting genre appealing after a massive downturn. It is very accessible yet very depp if you are willing to invest some time in it. The characters are well balanced, fighting is graceful and fluid and the graphics are astounding and need to be seen to be appreciated. Great art style!!!!! My only issue with the game is its online component. While you can get into some robust games that play well i still encounter times where it becomes virtually unplayable. This is due to the fact that i reside in Austrlia and playing someone the other side of the world is in fact a challenge. However with all that said there is a considerable amount of cheaters online. Players that quit early once they are about to lose are all over the place and they go unpunihed. Also there are a few people that use lag switches to gain advantages. Simply these actions reck what is otherwise a perfect experinece. Get this game, you simply must play this. Expand
  6. BilltheIceman
    Mar 3, 2009
    It's funny that 360 owners are screaming that both versions need a 3rd party controller to fully enjoy the game, yet PS3 owners seem to find the default controller to work just fine. I've played both versions at home and can't find a difference worth noting. If you want to shell out an extra 59-99 dollars on a special controller, go with the 360 version - but the PS3 It's funny that 360 owners are screaming that both versions need a 3rd party controller to fully enjoy the game, yet PS3 owners seem to find the default controller to work just fine. I've played both versions at home and can't find a difference worth noting. If you want to shell out an extra 59-99 dollars on a special controller, go with the 360 version - but the PS3 controller works fine for me. Expand
  7. jhagla
    Mar 9, 2009
    This is the best fighting game ever, I can't get enough. When i first started playing i didn't think too much of it. I decided to give it a chance and mastered a few characters went online and pwned some noobs. Now i just can't stop pwning noobs. I sit at work all day long thinking about Pwning Noobs! It PWNS!!!!
  8. AJ
    May 7, 2009
    This is by far the best street fighter ever! It is probably worth the big price tag coz this game will always be in my library. it plays amazingly smooth. turned out alot better than I thought. will be a difficult task if they are to top this game. I say well done. JUST GET RID OF SETH!
  9. shad
    Aug 7, 2009
    Pretty much the best fighter since Street fighter 3.For all the fags sayin its unbalanced you have probably never played any other SF in your life.SF4 probably the most balanced SF up to date.the boss seth is cheap but the playable version isnt that great.Go watch some abel or c.viper videos and then say they suck.The only bad character i find in this game is vega he was nerfed a bit tooPretty much the best fighter since Street fighter 3.For all the fags sayin its unbalanced you have probably never played any other SF in your life.SF4 probably the most balanced SF up to date.the boss seth is cheap but the playable version isnt that great.Go watch some abel or c.viper videos and then say they suck.The only bad character i find in this game is vega he was nerfed a bit too much but overall probably the most balanced game till date for its roseter. Expand
  10. PhilG.
    Feb 17, 2009
    I really well balanced, polished fighting game wich merges the best of mechanics of Street Fighters past with the new Focus Attack system. Awesome
  11. NadimK.
    Feb 17, 2009
    An awesome fighting game and the true continuation to the Street Fighter series.
  12. Vic
    Feb 18, 2009
    This is without a doubt the most fun I've had with a street fighter title since Alpha 3. The game is very well balanced, but like any good street fighter, an experienced player could very well be unstoppable with any of the game's 25 characters. This doesn't mean however that the game isn't welcoming to new comers. The game's somewhat leisurely speed (compared toThis is without a doubt the most fun I've had with a street fighter title since Alpha 3. The game is very well balanced, but like any good street fighter, an experienced player could very well be unstoppable with any of the game's 25 characters. This doesn't mean however that the game isn't welcoming to new comers. The game's somewhat leisurely speed (compared to the turbo7 days of old) doesn't take long to get use to and once you do, you realize you wouldn't have it any other way. I do however have a few gripes with the game. For starters i was very disappointed that capcom did not include some sort of profile system for button configuration. Changing button schemes after every match when playing against a group of skilled street fighter friends is a major pain. Including such a feature doesn't seem like asking for too much and hopefully capcom could deliver in future updates. Another more personal complaint is capcoms choice of soundtrack for the opening sequence. Sitting down to play the long awaited 4th installment to one of your favorite childhood series should have a monumental symphony that brings you to tears and stands the hair on the back of your neck, instead we're treated to something comparable to an unreleased backstreet boys single. My final gripe with the game may originate from my limited (<15 hours) experience with the game, but it feels like Move Cancels and anything that has to do with the new focus system doesn't cooperate with me very well. Hopefully they're not as limited as my first impressions, and in time i'll learn to use them to their full potential. Overall this game is a must have whether you're a street fighter fan or not. It's an Instant classic that should not be missed. Expand
  13. MikeC
    Feb 22, 2009
    The character balance is near perfect. . . like they have been fixing them for 20 years. Although the pace has slowed down a bit, and Guile looks weird. The voice acting for 95% of the characters is horrible. Change the voices to Japanese asap. The cutscenes are also a letdown compared to the rest of the game. Thankfully, the game plays great, and is definitely worth buying if you have The character balance is near perfect. . . like they have been fixing them for 20 years. Although the pace has slowed down a bit, and Guile looks weird. The voice acting for 95% of the characters is horrible. Change the voices to Japanese asap. The cutscenes are also a letdown compared to the rest of the game. Thankfully, the game plays great, and is definitely worth buying if you have online/some friends/random people you found at wal-mart to play against. Expand
  14. JohnT
    Feb 25, 2009
    Great game. Everything you ever loved about Street Fighter II and more. It looks simply amazing in HD and is a blast to play online. My only minor complaints are that the story mode and accompanying anime is pretty lame, and when your playing online with a poor connection gameplay suffers.
  15. F4r0
    Feb 27, 2009
    " Street Fighter for Dummies. Unbalanced characters, awful character models, sluggish game play, horrible voice acting and sound". Horrible voice acting, what were you expecting from American voice actors. The Japanese are the only one to do it right. Players like this one must not have played a lot of games in their live, because turning the 2D Street Fighter Series to a 3D version. The " Street Fighter for Dummies. Unbalanced characters, awful character models, sluggish game play, horrible voice acting and sound". Horrible voice acting, what were you expecting from American voice actors. The Japanese are the only one to do it right. Players like this one must not have played a lot of games in their live, because turning the 2D Street Fighter Series to a 3D version. The conversion was welcomed by a lot of fans, but apparently some of their fans seems to be staying with the 2D concept. I've played all of the previous Street Fighter and I can tell that SF IV must be among the the 3 best Street Fighter. And for those who think that there isn't much things new, what were you expecting? What do you want more? Street Fighter IV got to be the best fighter released since Super Smash Bros Brawl. This new title sure showed some solid gameplay, some astonishing look and sound, the musics is great and made for this game, and Japanese musics and voice acting got to be the best. Street Fighter IV sure showed that Street Fighter was the best fighting game series. Expand
  16. JoeD
    Mar 25, 2009
    Superb fighting game and a breath of fresh air, as it not another shooter!!! This game is as good as a fighter can get. If you cant play fighters then rent it and try it out, otherwise this is a must buy right now item. If the scores are under a 95 its simply because people dont have the patience to learn, or they are use to the over saturated fps/shooter market. Fighting games are Superb fighting game and a breath of fresh air, as it not another shooter!!! This game is as good as a fighter can get. If you cant play fighters then rent it and try it out, otherwise this is a must buy right now item. If the scores are under a 95 its simply because people dont have the patience to learn, or they are use to the over saturated fps/shooter market. Fighting games are precise and involve more skill than walking around with a gun. every element of this game is awesome and rewarding. I only have a problem with the no backup feature for saved data. Wonderful game!! Expand
  17. JamesL.
    Jun 26, 2009
    Street Fighter returns with avengance with a HD makeover. All original SFII characters return with some new fighters, old moves and new. The controls are really responsive and it has a fair learning curve for newcomers and SFII fans alike. Anyone who is looking for a one on one fighting game should purchase this as it is the best fighter to date.
  18. OmarB
    Dec 27, 2009
    this game is absoloutly brilliant and holds a high contrast to more realistic games such as tekken 6, this gives the user a sense of super power through its unrealism and takes them to the "street fighter world" . On a negative aspect however the main theme song could have been more hardcore to attract a older target audiencerather then soft touch.
  19. Vic
    Feb 18, 2009
    Easily the best fighting game I've ever played, and I've played..nearly all of them. It easily lives up to the hype, and far surpasses it. Brilliant!
  20. HanseShadow
    Feb 19, 2009
    Beyond anything I expected... This game is truly an evolution in side-fighters.
  21. D.V.
    Feb 19, 2009
    Crazy awesome, it lives up to the Street Fighter way and doesn't let fans down.
  22. JoeDigital
    Feb 22, 2009
    Simply refreshing in a world FULL of oversaturated shooters. Graphics are like watching a moving painting and fit nice. Controls are just better (very easy to pull off Zangiefs 720 degree super/ultra move). Unlimited online play...brings back the fun arcade experience, unlike the typical FPS which get really old really fast. Great Great Game!!
  23. MarkM
    Mar 19, 2009
    I have no idea why i am voting but i've been a fan of the series and when i saw this i got so hyped up! I'm still waiting for my dad to buy this for me but he says it isnt worth paying 60$ for it. The graphics look amazing most importantly it has online! Can't wait to get this game!
  24. DanielH
    May 14, 2009
    Through the last 18 years, since the first Street Fighter was launched, Capcom has been polishing the games structure and entertainment value. With this release, Capcom shows us the meaning of perfect balance and speed between gameplay and characters. Street Fighter IV is an absolute must have for fans of this genre and for next-gen console owners as well.
  25. MarkD
    Jun 21, 2009
    This is evolution not revolution. Apart from the obvious new characters, graphics and minor gameplay tweeks Capcom have taken the series back to its roots. Make no mistake though, this is a good thing as the classic nature of SF2 never fades. Some still consider it the best fighter ever. So why have i "only" given this an 8? Well because it's not perfect that's why. The new This is evolution not revolution. Apart from the obvious new characters, graphics and minor gameplay tweeks Capcom have taken the series back to its roots. Make no mistake though, this is a good thing as the classic nature of SF2 never fades. Some still consider it the best fighter ever. So why have i "only" given this an 8? Well because it's not perfect that's why. The new characters don't seem to have much, erm, character and feel slightly unbalanced. El Fuerte, for example, is especially weak. Abel and C. Viper are decent but seem to lack the X factor that made Ryu, Chun Li et al such iconic games characters. The new Ultra moves are a nightmare to pull off with a normal controller and only seve to frustate. It also seems unfair that you can dominate an opponent only for them to turn the fight back in their favour with an Ultra move that's nearly impossable to dodge. Seth in particular is fond of this little trick (arsehole). There are other little irritations. Yes, i mean the cut scenes and the god awful, inapropiate, Nsync b-side title music. It may sound strange that i'm having a long moan about a game i've a good score to but like others who have posted before me, i feel some of the 10/10 reviews have been OOT and it's important to get some balance. Expand
  26. Aug 28, 2010
    I don't understand why they had to make a whole new game for this. Surely they could just have done a simple software update and DLC for the extra ultras. This was just a way of flogging peoples money. Gameplay wise its slower than the original but everything else remains almost identical, so if anything they've made it worse.
  27. Oct 20, 2010
    This is the best fighting game I've ever played. Balanced, technical, spectacular. For "balanced" I mean that every character can be very powerful or weak depending on several factors: your knowledge of the best moves-combos, the "affinity" with the opponent's character, the play style of the opponent... For "technical" I mean that you can use combos, but not in a "obsessive" way like inThis is the best fighting game I've ever played. Balanced, technical, spectacular. For "balanced" I mean that every character can be very powerful or weak depending on several factors: your knowledge of the best moves-combos, the "affinity" with the opponent's character, the play style of the opponent... For "technical" I mean that you can use combos, but not in a "obsessive" way like in marvel vs capcom or tekken. Some combos are longer than others, but to be able to make a good combo is not a prerequisite to win. You can do it even only with good defense and timing. "Spectacular" because the animations are great and offer a compromise of 2d fighting game "3d looking" that you can only appreciate. I shall answer here to some bad comments I've seen in metacritic: bad music: I agree, but didn't you see that if you add a "title" to your profile you can unlock all the "old" music themes?
    different from other sf games: in my opinion is different from the other SF titles with the exception of SFII. You liked SFII? Then you will like this game too, because the spirit is the same.

I don't give a 10 out of 10 just because of the cinematics at the end and at the beginning of the arcade mode. Only some bad designed frames with almost no animation. Seems incredible!

Buy it.
  28. Nov 20, 2010
    See I loved streetfighter as a teenager and if this had existed then Id have wet my pants. It ticks all the boxes for a fighting game and indeed has wonderful graphics. The moves are easy to grasp but still need practice to master. The atmosphere is fantastic also. My only gripe could be deemed a positive or a negative in that its still the same game it was 20 years ago. Many fans wouldSee I loved streetfighter as a teenager and if this had existed then Id have wet my pants. It ticks all the boxes for a fighting game and indeed has wonderful graphics. The moves are easy to grasp but still need practice to master. The atmosphere is fantastic also. My only gripe could be deemed a positive or a negative in that its still the same game it was 20 years ago. Many fans would cry out for the same game with better graphics and more characters, I guess im just streetfightered out. If you have never played streetfighter this game is a 10. If you have played streetfighter a lot then this is solid but too samey. Expand
  29. Aug 11, 2012
    It may not be a balanced game and online is laggy, but as a whole Street Fighter IV is a remarkable game which can easily be recommended to players of all skill levels and those who haven't played a fighting game before, due to its variety of modes and characters which accomodate for different playstyles. On PS3 versionj you don't need to install it either. Definitely worth checking out.
  30. Feb 20, 2013
    I say that SF IV is one of, if that isn't the best fighting game of 7th generation. The game is very nostalgic, and has a wonderful gameplay. The fighting games fans must have respect to this title: Ed Boon said that the greatest inspiration to Mortal Kombat 2011 (9) was SF IV. You don't have to like, but, at least, show a little respect to SF.
  31. Dec 31, 2012
    The best fighting game of this generation of gaming, bar none. Graphics, Sound, Controls are all top notch, and while I'm not going to say it's better than 2, it has single-handedly restored interest in what was a failing fighting genre.
  32. Jul 22, 2015
    The game can be extremely hard-literally-on normal difficulty and pulling off Super and Ultra combos is a huge pain with the d-pad. More than often i would lose while attempting to execute the super combos without any luck. For someone who likes the d-pad this game doesn't do anything to help the controls for players who'd rather play with something other than an arcade stick.
  33. Nov 30, 2015
    bom jogo para jogar com os amigos, tem uma boa jogabilidade, uma ótima trilha sonora, e personagens respeitáveis, é muito bom ter um jogo como esse pra quando vai alguém em sua casa jogar e vc desafiar a pessoa.

1. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    By striking a balance between fresh and familiar, and by delivering the best aspects of Street Fighters past, Street Fighter IV is easily one of this console generation's best fighting games. [Feb 2009, p.66]
  2. PSM3 Magazine UK
    SFIV had to be a Street Fighter that can be played by anyone who’s ever picked up Street Fighter II, and a Street Fighter that gives everyone all the help they’ll need if they’re starting completely from scratch. It’s effortlessly both of those things. While every other fighting game has become an elitist club for the best of the best, Capcom have given Street Fighter back to the people, where it belongs.
    At the end of the day, that's really what this Street Fighter is: it's a title that's built for newcomers, yet tweaked for old school vets from the arcade and console days. [Mar 2009, p.75]