7.3

1. Jan 11, 2011
    Bought this game for "one sofa multiplayer" and it´s just great!!!
    classic chars, classic locations, classic sound, but all better
    same old moves, perfect
  2. Aug 28, 2010
    I don't understand why they had to make a whole new game for this. Surely they could just have done a simple software update and DLC for the extra ultras. This was just a way of flogging peoples money. Gameplay wise its slower than the original but everything else remains almost identical, so if anything they've made it worse.
  3. Oct 20, 2010
    This is the best fighting game I've ever played. Balanced, technical, spectacular. For "balanced" I mean that every character can be very powerful or weak depending on several factors: your knowledge of the best moves-combos, the "affinity" with the opponent's character, the play style of the opponent... For "technical" I mean that you can use combos, but not in a "obsessive" way like in marvel vs capcom or tekken. Some combos are longer than others, but to be able to make a good combo is not a prerequisite to win. You can do it even only with good defense and timing. "Spectacular" because the animations are great and offer a compromise of 2d fighting game "3d looking" that you can only appreciate. I shall answer here to some bad comments I've seen in metacritic: bad music: I agree, but didn't you see that if you add a "title" to your profile you can unlock all the "old" music themes?
    different from other sf games: in my opinion is different from the other SF titles with the exception of SFII. You liked SFII? Then you will like this game too, because the spirit is the same.

I don't give a 10 out of 10 just because of the cinematics at the end and at the beginning of the arcade mode. Only some bad designed frames with almost no animation. Seems incredible!

Buy it.
  4. Nov 20, 2010
    See I loved streetfighter as a teenager and if this had existed then Id have wet my pants. It ticks all the boxes for a fighting game and indeed has wonderful graphics. The moves are easy to grasp but still need practice to master. The atmosphere is fantastic also. My only gripe could be deemed a positive or a negative in that its still the same game it was 20 years ago. Many fans would cry out for the same game with better graphics and more characters, I guess im just streetfightered out. If you have never played streetfighter this game is a 10. If you have played streetfighter a lot then this is solid but too samey. Expand
  5. Apr 29, 2011
    I like SF,but this is just ridiculous,the balance is just **** up,story of the characters is crap,the gameplay feels like SFII with some tweaks(which is good) a good roster and online play which will give you a lot of fun!
    Overall the game is good,not great but good!
  6. Mar 8, 2013
    The graphic style is cool but everything else is average or unbalanced.
  7. Aug 11, 2012
    It may not be a balanced game and online is laggy, but as a whole Street Fighter IV is a remarkable game which can easily be recommended to players of all skill levels and those who haven't played a fighting game before, due to its variety of modes and characters which accomodate for different playstyles. On PS3 versionj you don't need to install it either. Definitely worth checking out.
  8. Feb 20, 2013
    I say that SF IV is one of, if that isn't the best fighting game of 7th generation. The game is very nostalgic, and has a wonderful gameplay. The fighting games fans must have respect to this title: Ed Boon said that the greatest inspiration to Mortal Kombat 2011 (9) was SF IV. You don't have to like, but, at least, show a little respect to SF.
  9. Sep 24, 2012
    Incredibly unbalanced mess of a game with characters so similar to each other, that there is no point in playing more than one. I regret buying it, since there are much better fighting games out there (Tekken and Mortal Kombat to name a few)
  10. Dec 31, 2012
    The best fighting game of this generation of gaming, bar none. Graphics, Sound, Controls are all top notch, and while I'm not going to say it's better than 2, it has single-handedly restored interest in what was a failing fighting genre.
  11. Jun 30, 2014
    I WANT to like this, but I can't. The music is GREAT, the controls are flawless, even the online mode is perfect! But it is way....... WAAAAY too hard for me. Now don't get me wrong, I don't "really" suck at fighting games, don't get me wrong, I can beat MVC2 on expert mode (though I use 1 sentinel, but that's besides the point) but whenever I fight zangief, I always.... ALWAYS, lose.

1. By striking a balance between fresh and familiar, and by delivering the best aspects of Street Fighters past, Street Fighter IV is easily one of this console generation's best fighting games. [Feb 2009, p.66]
  2. SFIV had to be a Street Fighter that can be played by anyone who’s ever picked up Street Fighter II, and a Street Fighter that gives everyone all the help they’ll need if they’re starting completely from scratch. It’s effortlessly both of those things. While every other fighting game has become an elitist club for the best of the best, Capcom have given Street Fighter back to the people, where it belongs.
    At the end of the day, that's really what this Street Fighter is: it's a title that's built for newcomers, yet tweaked for old school vets from the arcade and console days. [Mar 2009, p.75]