- Summary: Welcome to Street Fighter X Tekken, where Street Fighter and Tekken series' stalwarts Ryu, Chun-Li, Kazuya Mishima and Nina Williams headline a memorable cast of your favorite fighters in a tag battle dream match for the ages. Street Fighter X Tekken (SFXT) is a 2 vs. 2 tag team-based fighting game where players can freely tag in and out between partners. The game promises to marry the styles of both a 2D and 3D fighting game for a fresh take on the genre. Fans from each series will also be able to play with either Street Fighter's traditional 6 button layout or Tekken's 4 button layout. Players who are new to either series will be able to join in on the fun with an easy-to-understand battle system that promises excitement and countless hours of fun. [Capcom]… Expand
Apr 2, 2012Street Fighter X Tekken is much more than just a fun party game. Even better, based on the number of unique mechanics, we would say this is Capcom's best fighter in a long time. Whereas Street Fighter IV and MvC 3 only had one unique feature, SFXT has dozens. [April 2012, p.74]
Mar 19, 2012It's only at its peak when you're sitting next to another player, locally engaging in SFXT's brand of tag battles. Online, I found it to be a bit of a mess, and the game's attempts at meaningful character customization fall victim to layers and layers of slow-moving menus and a bundle of additional content that only serves to further confuse the issue.
Mar 7, 201210, 10, 10, and then some more 10. I'm not gonna diginfy the people (if that's what they're called) giving this a brutal score. To me, you could almost call this SF6 (yes 6, 2 up from 4, and 4 was awesome), because not only does it have new and better (faster/less recovery) gameplay. It also has a ton of new characters. And the fact that they're imported from Tekken doesn't really matter. In 2D, ALL of them feel new. I'm losing patience with trolls on Metacritic. I don't know what this great website plans on doing about it, but something must be done. Now on to my ME3 review, where the trolls are 10,000 worse than this game… Expand
Oct 27, 2013Geez the critics have been extremely harsh to this great game...I get the impression it has been played by the wrong type of gamer that didn't get into the complex but easy to get into game with a simple button layout.
Please give SFxT the chance it deserves and you will discover one of the finest fighting game experiences to be had from two great franchises.… Expand
Mar 6, 2012A fantastic fighting game with a solid engine with unique style bringing two vastly different graphics together. Gameplay is fast and fluid, but the tag system of one partner dies, the other dies too gets annoying and feels sorta wierd. The cast is huge and varied and there is lots of modes from story to scramble. Online sucks though and there is constant lag. A fantastic game though.… Expand
Aug 9, 2013Street Fighter x Tekken is pretty.... different. Here are the things:
- Fast and easy to learn/hard to master gameplay.
- Some cool customiations options.
- Gem system is a welcome change, if a little lacking.
- Pretty stable roster from both worlds.
- Story is actually interresting and compeling.
- Megaman and Pacman are just awesome (Make this megaman canon to Street fighter universe Capcom plz!)
- Great Graphics.
- ALOT of humor, specially Kuma.
Now on the cons:
- Some combinatons are kinda.... off like Kuma and Heihachi... what? i know he trained him but isnt there any better choises?
- Some exeptions that may make angry fans like Blanka is not here (Capcom's DLC crap all over again) and they add Ogre but not Jinpachi Mishima?? i would prefer to fight him that Ogre personally and that take me to my other point.
- Some characters feel weak. Ogre's fighting style feels odd and not as powerful as it should be. Hell hes easier than any other char you will fight in Arcade. Ryu and Ken also feel a bit off power wile Akuma is just outright OP if used well. That wouldnt be sso hard to SF fans.
- Normal dificulty my I usually play my games in Normal just to get use to the gameplay but somehow normal dificulty is incredibly punishing specially after the 3 fight.
- this game has a serious balance problem. Akuma as a boss is irritating as in Normal dificulty he will dodge, block and infinite combo you until you die. Ogre is underpowered compared to other chars, Bison is incredibly annoying using that lame slide attack over and OVER and OVER again. m not kidding in any dificulty Bison's strategy is basically sliding to you, grab if you get too close then the soul pierce or however is called that pink spiral of doom. and he wont change it at all.
- WHY the sub boss due before the real boss is always the same? if your using a SF char your sub boss and boss will be Jin and that girl that is always whit him charged whit Pandora, then Orge. If you play as a tekken char then its Bison and Juri then Akuma. Its sad because the Rival mach is always cool but out of place most of the time.
- Online game while solid it will constantly put you against enemies WAY STRONGER THAN YOU.
There are many others but i would make it too long.
For the next game PLEASE VARY THE LAST FIGHTS, WHY NOT THE PANDORA TEAM UP IS AGAINST THE RIVALS. AND BALANCE THE DAM CHARS.
Its good to play against or whit friends but otherwise try something else.… Expand
Aug 29, 2012I really wanted to like this game, I tried so hard but the balance is totally unforgivable. For example you will face 4 primary characters that have moves you simply cannot avoid. Hugo, Kazuya, Heiachi and Jin, you hear lots of people complaining about time running out and its usually because they are avoiding these characters. Thier moves take priority and seem to cancel others out they can even cancel a special with a regular weak punch. I actually like the specials, the combos are nice to execute and watch but the problem is the juggling. You can get juggled once and the player can continue until all your life is gone, so one mistake can cost you a match.
HAving played street fighter and tekken all my life I can tell you this game sucks from both of these players perspectives, it's laggy and all you have to do is footsy your way to victory, continous footsy until you gain a hit then follow with a cheesy infinite combo. This go is just terrible, I only gave it a 4 because I like the way they did my girl Juri and some of the combos are nice but this game plays more like an early prototype than a finished game. If you play on a pro level you will hate it even more.
Aug 17, 2012After playing this Game for fun i thought it sucked as I dove deep into its core I realized that at the Tourney level it is even worse. Its clear that Capcom made this game to attemp o draw out Tekkens fans but as someont that accells in both I would say that this was huge mis-step for Capcom. To be even more clear I'd sat that Capcom Failed is fans as well as dissapointed Tekkens fans. By attempting to merge both gaming styles Capcoms designers failed to recognize how it would hurt gameplay. The point of both games is to Showcase Tekken characters on a 2D Stage playing like streetfighter not street fighter characters playing like tekken. I just hope that Namco doesn't make the mistake of having streetfighter characters playimg like Street Fighter EX2,… Expand