• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 28, 2007
8.6

1. Dec 21, 2011
    So good. So inmersive. Just beautiful. It´s amazing and completely fun. It´s one of the best modern dual stick shooters. Yes it only got 5 Maps and a handful of enemies and a couple of weapons but you get so much out of it.
  2. May 18, 2012
    This game is awesome. I put off buying it for the longest time because I expected it to be a bad attempt at geometry wars but it turns out it's even better. Also this is the only game I've tried so far that's worth playing in 3d, it still kills my eyes but it's really fun.
  3. Oct 27, 2010
    Awesome in 3D! The whole planet and all objects are in 3D and it looks superb, especially the asteroids and explosions. The 3D patch/update is free - you've gotta love that! The only catch: it's maxed at 720p (Sony's 3D requirement) but I'm sure would also have perfect 60fps in 1080p. With Sony granting an exception for GT5 with 1080p 3D let's hope they relax the rules a bit for otherAwesome in 3D! The whole planet and all objects are in 3D and it looks superb, especially the asteroids and explosions. The 3D patch/update is free - you've gotta love that! The only catch: it's maxed at 720p (Sony's 3D requirement) but I'm sure would also have perfect 60fps in 1080p. With Sony granting an exception for GT5 with 1080p 3D let's hope they relax the rules a bit for other games with high frame rates too. Expand
  4. SYC
    Jun 30, 2007
    As far as robotron inspired shooters go, this is far and away the best one around. Intense, satisfying gameplay and well balanced action easily eclipse the highly overrated Geometry Wars.
  5. RyanO.
    Jul 9, 2007
    Very fun and fast action pace makes for some adrenaline pumping gaming. The fact that you can compare scores to the world and single out friends with the push of a button makes bragging rights easy to view. FYI I am better than all of my friends.
  6. MontyG.
    Feb 3, 2008
    The best $8 you can spend on your PS3. IF you don't buy this game, you are missing out.
  7. IanI.
    Jul 2, 2007
    For the price this game can't be beat, the long levels separated by stages and addictive gameplay, fly by the seat of your pants and barly surviving every seccond. This game is HARD, but a more worthwhile experiance you will not have for the price.
  8. PhilG.
    Jul 4, 2007
    One of the most intense games I've ever played. Don't blink or you're dead!!
  9. JasonH.
    Jul 8, 2007
    For $10, this game is AWESOME!!! Lots of fun, lots of challenge, and lots of pretty explosions and graphics. I love downloadable titles because with a few dollars I can buy original games that are almost infinitely better than $60 full games like The Godfather or The Darkness. Definitely buy this game and play it like crazy.
  10. PetriU.
    Aug 17, 2007
    A very addictive game with great graphics that make you feel like watching fireworks.
  11. AndrewH
    Feb 11, 2008
    IMHO the best game for PS3! Easily my most played game even after 3 months owning PS3 (with at least 7 of them in the MC top 20 games!) Stardust is just so playable.
  12. HenkB.
    Jun 18, 2007
    It's a great game, no wait, it's a super game superbly made and a definitely a must-have on the PSN next to calling all cars. lots of collours and yet very frantic.
  13. DionysusJ.
    Jun 29, 2007
    Stardust HD is to Blast Factor like Transformers is to Go-Bots. It dominates. (unless of course you're a huge Go-Bots fan, then you can reverse this analogy). Anyway, everything about Stardust HD is better than your typical twitch-shooter: The visuals are chaotic and beautiful, the gameplay mechanics are well-thought out, and the controls are concise. And when it comes right down to Stardust HD is to Blast Factor like Transformers is to Go-Bots. It dominates. (unless of course you're a huge Go-Bots fan, then you can reverse this analogy). Anyway, everything about Stardust HD is better than your typical twitch-shooter: The visuals are chaotic and beautiful, the gameplay mechanics are well-thought out, and the controls are concise. And when it comes right down to it, what can you really complain about for $7.99? Seriously. Expand
  14. TonyK.
    Jul 30, 2007
    After a long day of work, there is nothing better than blasting the sh*t out of some lowly asteroids. This has become one of my all time favorite games. It is perfectly balanced, with easy controls and hugely satisfying explosions. Worldwide leaderboards only add to the fun!! Geometry Wars what???
  15. DazL
    Jun 24, 2008
    What a great game, it brings back the FUN factor which some of the new realistic games lack. Its a game you can just pick up and play when you've got a spare few minutes. For the price its an absolute BLAST!
  16. MarkG.
    Jun 14, 2008
    This game is simply a MUST have for any PS3 owner, all the people I have convinced to buy this (forthe very cheap price), have said it's a mainstay, in that other games come and go, but SSHD is always there, and when you want a quick game, there is nothing better.
  17. RyanShaw
    Aug 12, 2008
    My favorite PS3 game by far. This game is just a BLAST! Invest a little time in it and you'll be hooked. There's an amazing amount of strategy integrated in what seems to be a standard shooter. The controls are basic, but the gameplay is anything but. I'd recommend it to my friends if it was $60 like a normal PS3 game, but at $10 I recommend it to anyone. I'm sureMy favorite PS3 game by far. This game is just a BLAST! Invest a little time in it and you'll be hooked. There's an amazing amount of strategy integrated in what seems to be a standard shooter. The controls are basic, but the gameplay is anything but. I'd recommend it to my friends if it was $60 like a normal PS3 game, but at $10 I recommend it to anyone. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but it's a small investement for what might turn out to be your new favorite game. Expand
  18. Jul 30, 2011
    The realm of downloadable/indie content is an area of gaming that is continuing to grow in its importance. Housemarqueâ

1. Pretty little explosions and detailed alien foes make this a visual treat, and the frantic action is always absorbing. [July 2007, p.107]
  2. It can get a bit hard to see where you're going with so much happening, and progression doesn't feel as though it's entirely in your hands, but for enjoyment, sparkle and that 'one more go' factor, this is a hard one to turn down. [July 2007, p.85]
  3. Graphically, as PSN games go, Super Stardust HD is superb, and it nicely combines the neon glow of Geometry Wars with the detailed retro pixel work of the first Stardust. The difficulty level is spot on, providing a challenge without causing a headache.