7.6

1. Aug 22, 2012
    Amazing!!! First off, I will tell you my background on the series. I probably wasted hundreds of dollars in quarters on the arcade games, and my first true street fighter game was Super Street Fighter II Turbo on the Super Nintendo. I must have poured a thousand hours into that game and didn't realize I loved it so much until I played it recently. I couldn't believe how many moves I remembered, and how nostalgic the game made me feel. So, I figured I should buy SSF4 for my PS3 and give in to my urge to kick some butt again. After some research and trying SSF4 for a few free 15 minute game sessions on my Onlive Game console, I decided I would rather spend the money on a game i didn't even get to try (SSF2 HD Remix). As soon as I tried it, the game brought me back. I guess they rebalanced the game, but I didn't notice. It's pretty much the exact same game as before. The animations and timing for the moves are perfect! The graphics though, get a major overhaul. Capcom had Udon comic book company in Japan completely redraw all of the characters and levels of the game and they animated it all in HD to make it looks as if you're watching an Anime film. I also love the music. It is essentially the same soundtrack that is updated with a more heavy metal, Dragon Ball Z type of sound. ( By the way, you can go back to classic music if you choose). Also, we have a multiplayer online mode with no lag, and there is a character move list for all the fighters, so you won't have to worry about that either. Without a doubt, this is an amazing effort and I will go right back to playing the game as soon as I finish posting this review, with hopes that I can convince others to buy this game instead of the more expensive SSF4, like I originally was going to buy. Expand
  2. Mar 28, 2014
    Best Street Fighter 2 Game i have ever played. And yes, i've been playing since Street Fighter 1 !! This version is amazing!! Very well balanced fighters (some top experts helped to balance it), beatiful graphic, great multiplayer and still they kept the option to play in the old style. Street Fighter fans can't miss this game.

1. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix is an absolutely excellent game, download or otherwise.
  2. While it lacks large amount of modes and options, the ones provided will keep you punching for hours. In addition, online play is excellent, with very little lag.
  3. Overhauled visuals and overloaded features makes this redux a top-tier Street Fighter game.