7.2

1. Mar 7, 2012
    First of all I love this game and the series. Gameplay is well balanced and the online mode is decent. But Capcom should be aware that the success of the series is due to fan loyalty, and unfortunatly Capcom doesn't seem too grateful for that by making us pay for new content. This should have been a simple patch, especially if the main purpose is to rebalance characters. Capcom never putsFirst of all I love this game and the series. Gameplay is well balanced and the online mode is decent. But Capcom should be aware that the success of the series is due to fan loyalty, and unfortunatly Capcom doesn't seem too grateful for that by making us pay for new content. This should have been a simple patch, especially if the main purpose is to rebalance characters. Capcom never puts all the characters in the first itteration because they know people will pay for new characters even though they bought the game on day one.
    I just bought Street Fighter X Tekken on day one and I'll probably regret it.
  2. Nov 2, 2011
    I want to preface this review by clarifying that my perspective is one of a competitive player. This game is somewhat better for casual players than it is for competitive ones, though I would just suggest playing the original release of Super to the former in that case. Moving onward, Capcom, specifically Yoshinori Ono, advertised this iteration of the Street Fighter IV series as anI want to preface this review by clarifying that my perspective is one of a competitive player. This game is somewhat better for casual players than it is for competitive ones, though I would just suggest playing the original release of Super to the former in that case. Moving onward, Capcom, specifically Yoshinori Ono, advertised this iteration of the Street Fighter IV series as an agent of improvement. There is a saying that more than sufficiently wraps up the actuality of its being: "If it's not broken, then don't fix it." In "re-balancing the game," the designers have managed to destroy any semblance of balance that the initial release had. Granted, the latter was by no means an exemplar of equality amongst characters in a fighting game, it still had nowhere near the disparity between the "high-tier" (more successful) and "low-tier" (less successful) characters as Arcade Edition does. Case in point: Yun, Yang, and Fei Long are significantly better in damage output, recovery, speed, etc. than the rest of the cast. The fact that two of these three characters make up half of the newly-added fighters. This fact leads me to think that Capcom took little to no time in testing Yun and Yang to check their abilities in relation to the others'. They did not only fail to balance the game's roster, but they also embodied laziness and disinterest in making the new edition novel and fresh. While they added four new characters, they decided to not add story modes or trial modes for them. Also, the new character choices (excuse the subjectivity here) are incredibly boring. Two of the four are versions of fighters (Akuma and Ryu) that have been in the games since the first Super Street Fighter IV release. Capcom has an extensive and colorful pool of character choices, but they decided to re-add two of the game's current fighters in new form. In conclusion, you will have to download this game if you desire to keep up with the competitive community, but it is by no means the pinnacle of the sub-series's excellence. With Arcade Edition ver.2012 coming to "re-balance" yet again, one can only wonder if the designers can repair the damage that they have caused with the first version. Until then, you can enjoy watching over 9000 Yuns at SSFIV tournaments. Expand

1. Oct 5, 2011
    SSFIV: Arcade Edition brings everything that previous iterations have brought to the table, but with four new characters and some tweaks to the gameplay. Hardcore fighting fans will salivate, but casual fans will wonder.
  2. Aug 29, 2011
    Ultimately, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is a super-sized character expansion pack to an already impressive game. For 1,200 MSP ($15 USD), you're getting four new characters, a slew of balance changes and some tweaks to the online experience. It's not a revolution in play, but if you've already mastered Super Street Fighter IV, it does make the experience fresh again.
  3. Jul 31, 2011
    Regardless if you choose to make the jump to the Arcade Edition or not, Street Fighter IV is always worth playing.