Super Street Fighter IV PlayStation 3

7.7

1. RoyC.
    Apr 28, 2010
    The original sf4 was nearly perfect, and this game improved upon the original in every way imaginable. An absolute masterpiece that is clearly the pinnacle of fighting games.
  2. NacorC.
    Apr 30, 2010
    Best fighting game ever. Awesome new chars, and refined balance. On top, new online modes with lobbies. A must have for any fighting game fan.
  3. Damon
    Apr 28, 2010
    I hated SF4. It was impossible to play for me because it's easiest setting was any other games hard mode. SSF4 is a major turn around. So fun to play and not to hard either. I like a challenge....but I don't want a game that's so hard I can't even learn to play it. Let me work out how to play it and then add the difficulty. This was one of the very big problems that I hated SF4. It was impossible to play for me because it's easiest setting was any other games hard mode. SSF4 is a major turn around. So fun to play and not to hard either. I like a challenge....but I don't want a game that's so hard I can't even learn to play it. Let me work out how to play it and then add the difficulty. This was one of the very big problems that cause Tekken 6's story mode to fail as well...not to mention just one heck of a crappy story mode. THANK YOU SSF4!!!!! Expand
  4. Aug 13, 2010
    This is one of the best fighting games i've ever played in my life and i must say online play is fun as well you'll spend countless hours playing this game online.I must buy for fighting game fans.
  5. Sep 3, 2010
    Would be idiotic not to buy this game if you love fighting games. Anyone who says dlc would cover the issues from SF4 is wrong, the rebalancing issues with each character were huge and the game was £25 brand new on day of release. Well worth it.
  6. Sep 15, 2010
    The Street Fighter franchise gets better and better over time (if you ignore the 3d outings). This iteration is certainly the best so far adding as it does some of the best SFIII characters to an already exhaustive roster.

Would totally recommend it to new and old fans alike and would also recommend investing in a Tournament Edition (I have the first version) fight stick.
  7. Oct 2, 2010
    I am not a big fan of the fighting game genre but I still got this version of this game to "check it out" and I can say that I had tons of fun, even though I am no pro it's still easy to get into and have casual fun with it. The price tag is also very competitive and fair.
  8. Oct 19, 2010
    A fantastic re-imagining of the classic Street Fighter 2 but brought fully up to date. If you are a dedicated fighting game fan then you will appreciate the balancing of the characters and the fighting system in general which includes the new ultras for each character. If you are not a die-hard fan and have Street fighter IV already, I do not believe the differences are worth re-buying theA fantastic re-imagining of the classic Street Fighter 2 but brought fully up to date. If you are a dedicated fighting game fan then you will appreciate the balancing of the characters and the fighting system in general which includes the new ultras for each character. If you are not a die-hard fan and have Street fighter IV already, I do not believe the differences are worth re-buying the game for; but for the players who - like me - really like to compete and want a fair, even playing field, this is a required purchase. Judged along side other fighting games, it stands out with its polish shine, not just graphically but as a complete fighting package.

Although I am consider myself to be a conservative scorer, I believe that when a game is at the top of the pile it deserves the rating to reflect this. NO game is absolutely perfect, but as a long time fighting game fan I find it difficult to find flaws that detract enough from a 10 rating.
  9. Aug 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great game for fighter fans and it is the definitive version of Street Fighter IV. This is the game that Capcom should have originally released. If you didn't buy the original SF4, then this is the one to buy. There's several more characters, including the secret characters from SF4 which are now playable immediately. Fans of the classic Street Fighter 2 will be thrilled to know that the classic mini-games, busting barrels and cars are included here. As far as the gameplay goes, it looks like Capcom tweaked the characters to make them more balanced. They also have new moves, costumes and/or colors, animations, poses, taunts, quotes, anime cut scenes, and new level backgrounds. Who doesn't like fighting on a high-rise or infront of a giant yawning hippo?

Seth is still a tough boss but he's a bit more manageable this time around.
    The game play and character select screens are now full of bright 2D character illustrations but they don't look as good as they did in the original SF4, particularly the character select screen which now shows tiny little circles with the characters' faces in them. There's alot of references to Street Fighter 2 including the map backgrounds and some of the sounds...and as I said before...the mini-games. I know you've been craving the chance to 100 hand slap a Lexus.

So, you should definitely get this game. It's not perfect but it's damn near close to it. If you like big bright colorful cell-shaded cartoon fighting games, this is the one to buy. If you're more into polished 3D heart ripping gorey fighting games...well you already know where to go.

It's worth mentioning that if you were one of those people who were suckered into buying costumes via DLC for SF4, your costumes can be used in SSF4.
  10. Aug 18, 2012
    The combo moves can be difficult to use and manuver. Be aware that the difficulty is high even on the easy setting so you need a ton of street fighter experience to fully enjoy it. Graphics are fantastic, Character roster is among the best of the genre.
  11. Aug 22, 2012
    Amazing. I had played the arcade games so much back in the day. I owned Street Fighter II Turbo for SNES as well. After pulling it out of the closet recently, I became a bit nostalgic. I actually remembered most of the moves which shocked me. So, I figured I would get SF4 to get rid of the bug inside of me. I got the version on the 3ds first and enjoyed it, then later on tried out the ps3Amazing. I had played the arcade games so much back in the day. I owned Street Fighter II Turbo for SNES as well. After pulling it out of the closet recently, I became a bit nostalgic. I actually remembered most of the moves which shocked me. So, I figured I would get SF4 to get rid of the bug inside of me. I got the version on the 3ds first and enjoyed it, then later on tried out the ps3 version (for a long enough time to post a review). They pretty much left the same basic game mechanics in the new game, but got rid of all the baggage. This is very refreshing to a person like me who enjoys the old games so much. There are many features as well, especially the multiplayer which i got my butt kicked in every time I tried it hehe. So, if you're a fan of the series, you can't go wrong with this game. I have to say though, I didn't buy this game after playing with it for some time. I actually opted to get the Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix from the PSN for under 10 bucks. It's an updated version of the old game. It has HD graphics that look like anime, updated sound, and it doesn't change the timing in the animations so you can pull off the same moves you used to impress your friends with. There are also more characters, an online mode, and a move list as well. Hope this helps Expand
  12. Sep 11, 2012
    The original Street Fighter IV was already a brilliant breakthrough engines and creative ideas from the developers. The Super version made it the best fighting game of all time. The only one thing that I found meaningless is the trial challenge mode; nevertheless, I love this game. However, if you have never play this game before and planned to get one, you should get the full version ofThe original Street Fighter IV was already a brilliant breakthrough engines and creative ideas from the developers. The Super version made it the best fighting game of all time. The only one thing that I found meaningless is the trial challenge mode; nevertheless, I love this game. However, if you have never play this game before and planned to get one, you should get the full version of this product which is Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with balance patch 2012 version. Expand
  13. Nov 26, 2012
    Great game, great colorful graphics, great sound. But....it could have used a bigger roster given that the Street Fighter series goes back for many years, and Capcom has plenty of characters at its disposal. Bryan Fury's Mom would have liked to see some more of the characters from Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike or the Street Fighter Alpha series included here. Fer' cryin' out loud, whereGreat game, great colorful graphics, great sound. But....it could have used a bigger roster given that the Street Fighter series goes back for many years, and Capcom has plenty of characters at its disposal. Bryan Fury's Mom would have liked to see some more of the characters from Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike or the Street Fighter Alpha series included here. Fer' cryin' out loud, where is Rolento???

If you're looking for a game that's bright, bold, colorful, looks great in HD, sounds great, and is easy to pick up and play even for people who aren't that familiar with fighting games (how could you NOT be??), this is one that you must have in your collection.
  14. Jun 15, 2013
    One of the best games ever made. A great technical game, if you want a dynamic style to push buttons like a crazy, this don't make you to enjoy it. For those there are other games, but if you want to learn about a retro style, this is your game. Super Street Fighter IV is one of best games for this generation.
  15. Feb 5, 2015
    Every body is kung fu fighting and i play ssf4 fast as lighting. If your an old gaming geezer like me, its basically a pretty slightly improved version ssf2. Least they didnt mess it up. Haduken shryuken kick in the chops with a little marmalade.
  16. Nov 14, 2015
    Sim´ply, one of the best fighting games ever. It is perfect in almost every way you can point.
    Only two things I did not like a lot here.
    Firstly, the soundtrack gets really repetitive after some hours, different to Street Fighter II classic tracks. And on second place, this game is not any kind to newbies, there isn't even a ****training mode! Being a noob in this game sucks really
    Only two things I did not like a lot here.
    Being a noob in this game sucks really hard, 'cause matches get horribly repetitive and boring.
    On the other hand, if both players are experienced, matches can become some of the best moments competitive gaming has to give us.
  17. Dec 20, 2015
    This game is simply fun.There are many epic moves and the graphics are very good.This was my first ever Street Fighter game,and it is simply a blast to play!
  18. Sep 13, 2010
    Hype hype hype. Thats all this game has. oh yeah and the best intro of any fighting game iv ever seen! but outside that nothing. Most of the supers are not 'all that' street fighter 2 alpha on PSX is a lot more fun. let me give you a summary of this game(SS4).... fireball, fireball... jump foward, high kick, low kick,low punch, low punch... Shoruyken!...........SUPER!!!..... repeatHype hype hype. Thats all this game has. oh yeah and the best intro of any fighting game iv ever seen! but outside that nothing. Most of the supers are not 'all that' street fighter 2 alpha on PSX is a lot more fun. let me give you a summary of this game(SS4).... fireball, fireball... jump foward, high kick, low kick,low punch, low punch... Shoruyken!...........SUPER!!!..... repeat fireball...yawn. You get the picture

Theres nothing new! but... if your a streetfighter fanboy you will love it. But.. if you're just looking
    for a fun game to play, don't even touch this with a 10 foot pole!

1. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    These powerful new attacks – along with some much needed tweaks to a few regular and super moves – add a massive amount of strategic nuance and mix up a lot of the match-ups. You also get a streamlined multiplayer lobby (where you can spectate or play solo while waiting), saveable replays and the return of bonus stages (i.e. belting barrels and cars). For its price, Super Street Fighter IV features a lion’s share of new content. Grease up and grab it today. [May 2010, p.72]
  2. I put nearly 100 hours into IV, and I can easily see myself pumping dozens more into this update. If you haven't played IV at all, then $40 is an absolute steal for the ultimate version of the best fighting game in recent memory. [May 2010, p.87]
  3. In a nutshell, Super Street Fighter 4 offers new characters, great gameplay, amazing value and best of all great replay value. This game is a must have. In the words of Street Fighter “A new Challenger has approached”.