7.8

1. DanStevens
    Sep 15, 2009
    I've read mixed reports on this but as soon as I read a review that said "this game is too realistic for its own good" (or something like that) I knew I'd love it. And I do.
    I'm a racing sim fan so I enjoy racing sims (derrr) and this game has the best car handling I've ever experienced.
    The career mode is RUBBISH -- years behind the competition but the engine sounds, handling and the fact that the cars are all so different is cutting edge.
    And sure you might wonder why I give it 9 if I say the career mode is rubbish but I don't even play career mode. All I do is practice in Time Trial and then take it to the 16-player online -- that's where it's at!
    The people who give this 5 and 6 out of 10 are clueless. You don't slam a flight sim or a train sim for being boring and too realistic so you shouldn't slam this game for doing the same. It's made for people who love nothing more than racing with a G25 wheel and pedals, and for us it's nearly perfect.
  2. DerekBrowne
    Oct 21, 2009
    The handling of the best cars - the ones equipped with racing tires - is superb, exhilirating, on tracks like Spa, Monza and Riviera (= bits of Monaco). Definitely one for a decent steering wheel. The driving experience is far better than anything in GT Prologue. Supercars without racing tires are a handful, admittedly. You have to be very patient with the AI. Oddly, it's usuallyThe handling of the best cars - the ones equipped with racing tires - is superb, exhilirating, on tracks like Spa, Monza and Riviera (= bits of Monaco). Definitely one for a decent steering wheel. The driving experience is far better than anything in GT Prologue. Supercars without racing tires are a handful, admittedly. You have to be very patient with the AI. Oddly, it's usually easier to beat the AI in the wet - and there's an awful lot of wet racing, at higher skill levels. Expand
  3. hardcoreHARALD
    Sep 8, 2009
    If you want a racing simulator and no racing game then this game should be your choice. Surely there are games with more variaty but there is no game which feels so real. If you play racing games with a gamepad instead a steering wheel then this game is propably no good choice for you but if you play with a steering wheel and you love real feeling races full of adrenaline it is the If you want a racing simulator and no racing game then this game should be your choice. Surely there are games with more variaty but there is no game which feels so real. If you play racing games with a gamepad instead a steering wheel then this game is propably no good choice for you but if you play with a steering wheel and you love real feeling races full of adrenaline it is the perfect choice. Expand
  4. JeremyM
    Oct 21, 2009
    Its not gonna take forza or gran turismo for the win this year, but its a good start on a long journey that can only get better in time. Yes, its good, yes its got great ideas, no its not an amazing game, but worth a play for any hardcore sim racing fan.

1. It might be possible in the coming months to find a realistic racing game that is more fun, there will certainly be more approachable racers before the end of the year. If you want unapologetic realism and inclusive simulation then Supercar Challenge is the only game you should be considering.
    Take it for what it is: a hardcore niche Sim, and you might just fall in love with it.
  3. Not terrible, but not as good as racers like GT Prologue. [Oct 2009, p.82]