7.5

1. Feb 8, 2011
    Who knew blobs could be so fun! I heard about this game back when it was shown at E3 2010, and then suddenly it disappeared. Log on to PSN the other day and there it was again! Wasn't really sure if it was worth the $15 dollars or not, but after playing the demo, I knew this game had potential. The eyes + the blob jiggle factor = awesomeness! But seriously the graphics are crisp and the gameplay is fun and addictive.

There are only a few levels playable in the demo, but you can save your progress and continue in the full game once you buy it, so no need to back track either.

It's a shame they only let Playstation Plus members download it, but I think it should be available for the general public anytime now.

If any of the developers ever read this, great studio name!
  2. Feb 8, 2011
    Controls were pretty tight. The magnetic repulsion / attraction was pretty awesome. Also, the girlfriend loves playing it co-op, so that's the big selling point.
  3. Feb 8, 2011
    I love this game! I'm not a big fan of platformers, but playing this game co-op was the most fun I've had gaming in a while. My husband got me to "try a level" with him and the next thing I knew a couple of hours had passed. I've only played co-op so far, but I've had a fantastic time. The controls were easy to learn and worked well. The puzzles are always fun and challenging without being frustrating. The game has a great sense of humor, the art style is awesome, and the blob is adorable. His little blobby expressions are the best! Two very enthusiastic thumbs up! Expand
  4. Jul 17, 2011
    I'm always looking for a fun co-op game to play with a friend, but this game was infuriating. Although the controls were tight, there was a lot of frustration just trying to get to the end of a level, let alone trying to reach the blobs and other points.

1. Jul 21, 2011
    It's certainly a worthwhile investment for the intended audience, particularly in co-op, but one to trial before a purchase for the more hardcore audience.
  2. Apr 6, 2011
    Tales from Space: About a Blob is a solid first effort from DrinkBox Studios, and I recommend not only buying this game, but keeping a close eye on their future titles.
  3. Aesthetically, it's a sweet piece of 2D Americana. [Apr 2011, p.101]