7.9

1. Nov 3, 2011
    Although there's a few solutions that were totally nonsensical (which is part of the monkey island thing, but it came down to 15 minutes of the same sequence so I could try out another thing from my inventory, and it was the item that I thought "there's no way this will work"). Still, that doesn't really stop it from being a great game. It's got top-notch humor, great puzzles, and decentAlthough there's a few solutions that were totally nonsensical (which is part of the monkey island thing, but it came down to 15 minutes of the same sequence so I could try out another thing from my inventory, and it was the item that I thought "there's no way this will work"). Still, that doesn't really stop it from being a great game. It's got top-notch humor, great puzzles, and decent voice acting. Well, that might stem from hearing the same lines multiple times (usually my own fault), but overall a great game. If you like this style of game, you'll love this. Expand
  2. Feb 15, 2012
    Loved it. Played it in one sitting and it held up to the idolised Monkey Islands of my youth. Overall the puzzles were about the right difficulty. I hope they release another series.
  3. Sep 28, 2013
    Fun for kids and adults alike. My kids loved the humor so much I had to buy the remastered versions of the first two for them. Has the monkey island feeling that brings a sense of nostalgia to the older fans of the series while keeping the kiddies entertained.
  4. Jun 26, 2015
    A fair sequel to the Monkey Island franchise with the same gameplay than the originals (the first good game of Telltale games in my opinion, and it was before they found their formula with The Walking Dead). The puzzles are slightly more logical than in the first ones, even if they're still have some illogical things going around.
    On the bad side the game is pretty ugly (I've seen PS2
    On the bad side the game is pretty ugly (I've seen PS2 games prettier), and the point part of this point and click could be better in the way that you actually have a pointer, not by selecting things with L2 and R2.
    But all in all they respected the franchise and succeed in making a fun and challenging game.
  5. Dec 12, 2016
    As a long term fan of the series having played all the previous Lucas Art games, especially the monkey island games - this was a good effort to say the least. Although the story was not amazing but i liked the puzzle solving and how they made it into a 5 episodic saga. The familiar characters, the art style, good Old Elaine, Le Chuck, Vodoo Lady were very well welcomed i would say. IAs a long term fan of the series having played all the previous Lucas Art games, especially the monkey island games - this was a good effort to say the least. Although the story was not amazing but i liked the puzzle solving and how they made it into a 5 episodic saga. The familiar characters, the art style, good Old Elaine, Le Chuck, Vodoo Lady were very well welcomed i would say. I enjoyed playing it on console and the game ran without any problems. It has a good length and can be quite tedious if you are not well versed with the game, especially trying to get all trophies without a guide. All in all, happy that this happened and i really hope the rights are sold to Ron Gilbert and we see a new beginning.
    8/10.

1. Play UK
    If you've ever had an interest in the genre then this pack is unmissable. [Issue#196, p.97]
  2. Once clear of its port of origin, this clever, humorous tale unfurls its sails and becomes a thoroughly entertaining swashbuckling adventure.
    Overall, this is a good deal for any owner of the PS3. The games are challenging, fun, and full of character.