7.3

1. Oct 5, 2010
    I can only commend Tekken 6 for it's superb graphics and distinct characters. I feel the 6th installment of the Tekken series has been very disapointing. From the loading times, to the pathetic storyline - Tekken 6 is with out a doubt, the worst tekken game I have ever played.
  2. Aug 8, 2011
    If you're familiar with the Tekken series, then you'd probably already be used to the fact that every Tekken game (since the PS1) offers very little innovation from the previous instalment. Sadly, Tekken 6 is no exception. But let's be honest here, how different can a figthing game be anyway? Tekken 6 does well in what it is expected to do well in, and that's figthing. Apart from the basic Arcade mode, Versus mode, Survival matches etc. there will be a Scenario mode whcih is kinda like a beat 'em up adventure figthing game where you follow the story behind Lars and Alis, travelling the lands to find Jin. Here is where you will get to unlock characters, movies, items (clothings), and earn money (to buy items for your characters). The good is, there are tons of items to unlock/purchase for your characters. You'll also be able to play the Scenario mode with a friend online. While the Scenario mode offers a welcomed change in gameplay, its implementation however was not well thought out. You can play as any characters you have unlocked, but the game can be quite challenging especially when you've just started out with a character (minumum stats) , even on Easy. Controls in Scenario mode are terrible. You can only fight one person at a time, and that means if you're fighting a group of them you'll probably won't make it when they've got you surrounded. Another thing is, you can't jump, and you can't do most combos, meaning that you'll be randomly button mashing your basic punches and kicks through the hordes of approching enemies. Boring!!! Another problem I had in Scenario mode is with some of the new characters. One of them would have to be Lars, who replaces Jin as the new protaganist for this game. He looks like a guy from The Incredibles. But the worse however would have to Abe lisa, which is one of the most annoying steriotypical Japanese anime-like character I've seen and everytime she says or does something brings a tear to my eyes... tears of embarassment! Really painful..... The story of the game is weak, and the graphics are very poor and dated, but you'll definitely have fun playing it with a friend. Just don't expect it to last. Tekken 6 is recommended to devoted fans of the series, but if you're new, only get this game when you're done with the other popular figthing games out there. Expand
  3. Jun 2, 2012
    I bought this game when I first got my PS3 in July 2010, played it a little and felt it to be quite inferior to Dark Resurrection that I had on my PSP, apart from the obvious graphic improvements. Now a year later I'm giving it another go and although it has its flaws, it is still a really good fighter. The cast is huge, fun, varied and look great and all the good things are there that you want in a Tekken fighter. The infamous scenario mode is not as bad as some people have made it out to be, it has some pretty big flaws and even compared to other fighters, the story is dire, but basically it's kind of fun and does give you a lot to do if you can't or need a break from online fighting. I didn't even try the scenario mode before because I read how bad it was supposed to be, but now I'm actually about half-way through and finding it quite addictive. The camera angles are sometimes iffy and switching opponents is finicky, so without a doubt it has flaws, but the main part of Tekken is 1v1 fighting and if you treat the scenario mode as extra, then if you take the time it can be fun. Expand
  4. Sep 11, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Tekken 6" is, overall, a great gaming experience, aside from some slight drawbacks that I'll go over in this review. The story-line mode is a fantastic and exciting experience, as it hearkens back to the days of "Streets of Rage" and other beat-em-up games. As you progress through the epic story mode you can unlock almost hundreds of items; customizable outfits unique to the story mode that you are able to use while fighting online, and money you can use to acquire other unlockable items. Story mode can get very addicting. However, the final two stages in story mode, which involve the spiteful character Jin Kazama, can become very difficult - depending on which character you choose. Overall, the story is very interesting and engaging. But most of all, the game is just pure fun! Although, I think I should mention that the online experience can be very frustrating, as I've had some people actually turn off their PS3s on me before I would win a match - a b**** thing to do. All in all, and being an avid follower of the Tekken series, I love this game! I give it a 9 out of 10. Expand
  5. Feb 28, 2012
    I just don't know... what is it about this that stands out? It's fun for sure. It's no worse than T3 which I loved. Theres nothing really wrong with it. But as a guy who plays SF4, VF5, BB, SC5, and KoF13, this seems just... blah. But still good . Realistically, you could grab the strat guide and easily spend 60 hours learning this and enjoying every minute, but you'd be missing out on the other fighting games. Hey, there's nothing wrong with a 7. Expand
  6. Jan 13, 2012
    Tekken 6 is not perfect but it is a Tekken game for people who are already familiar with the Tekken series and its game mechanics. Personally, I prefer Capcom's cartoony Street Fighter 4 game over Namco's more serious 3D brawler. Sometimes the game takes itself too seriously and it isn't much fun to play. Now before you jump on me for this review. I have owned Tekken 1-3 + Tag Tournament. So I am familiar with the series, characters and gameplay. Tekken 6 however, has a really bad plot, even for fighting games which are known to horrible plots, still I suppose one must justify why 30+ people (and bears and kangaroos and wooden blocks and robots and dinosaurs) are ready and willing to beat each other to death. As an MMA brawler, you have all your standard fighters with different styles ranging from ninjitsu (in the form of an obvious rip-off of Marvel's Blade character), karate, kung fu, pro-wrestling, boxing, tae kwon do, sumo, etc...however all of these characters are unbalanced and have super complex combo strings that rarely anyone could pull off correctly leaving you to just kick, punch and throw your opponent around.

Ladies and gentlemen...there is a campaign mode....and it sucks. You basically team up with an AI character to go through mediocre levels (docks, forests, urban streets, and weird nondescript facilities) to beat several street brawlers who all have the same identical look just to unlock some super expensive customization options for the Tekken roster...things like sunglasses, jackets, pants, shirts, etc. Alot of these items provide new abilities in the campaign mode but are strictly cosmetic in the PvP or PvAI fighting modes.

For a PS3 the cut scenes look HORRENDOUS. The characters are awkward, blocky and look like they were ported out of the PS2 Tekken 3 and Tag Tourney games. There is a final boss in the game and he is HUMONGOUS and VERY VERY VERY CHEAP. You'll get to him in relatively short time and after several losses, you'll be tempted to just quit the game and cut your losses. Namco will definitely make a Tekken 7, it is their signature title after all. So I really hope they address these issues and undo what they did in Tekken 6.
  7. Feb 28, 2013
    Despite the several bad changes made in tekken 6, in its core this fighting game has still the best fighting mechanics with a huge choice of characters.
  8. Nov 1, 2011
    A great fighting game, the best out there in its genre. Very good improvements and I like how the character customization is expanded even more to give you, the gamer, a feeling of "ownership to a fighter." Overall it is a fighting game to get and play here and there with your friends. This game is one of those games that binds friends to even closer ones, and makes your enemies despise you even more. Its a community based game which makes it so fun. To me, FUN is what matters, the only element that matters. However, a con is the long loading times. This quirk can be fixed by going into the options menu and installing the data, but the loading times will still feel incredibly long. Its basically reducing a minute from an hour. (Bad analogy, insert criticism for my analogy here). My patience is not to be tested thats why Tekken 6 only recieves a 9 instead of a 10. Everything else is just fine though. Expand
  9. Nov 14, 2011
    Tekken is my favorite fighting game, and this title did not dissapoint me, i love the new Scenerio Campaign mode, only thing is I wish that would've did what the did in Tekken 4 when you played Arcade/storymode there was a Intro, and mid story and an ending, instead the whole game revolving around Lars, and Alisa when most people didnt know them, or care for them.
  10. Sep 17, 2012
    Well I guess I'll talk about the good things first. Graphics:even now the hold up pretty well there some jaggies here and there but as I said it holds up pretty well. Single player content:its plentiful there is so much to do here like survival mode arcade mode etc...(take notes soul calibur 4 & 5) scenario mode takes a more dominant role which is good but the gamplay is pretty weak. One combo is pretty much a
    ll you need to do now the game killing probe: THE COMBAT:God its so broken especially when it comes to hit detection! No one mentions the fact that this IS NOT a 3D game because SIDE STEPPING is NONE EXISTANT I tried it & 98% of the time I was hit by attacks I clearly dodged!!! Don't believe me? Watch an online fight speaking of online fights its almost pointless for 2 reasons...1st...the God awful lag is pathetic...second...fighting go exactly like this...KNOCK OPPONENT IN AIR..JUGGLE OPPONENT TILL REACH THE WALL...BEAT OPPONET SENSELESSLY TILL VICTORIOUS.....REPEAT REPETITION UNTIL OPPONENT IS PISSED OFF....no skill here as the point of every fight is to beat someone on a wall until you win...? Lame!! What happen to tekken? Why is it a juggle fest/beating opponents on wall the point of gameplay? Why doesnt anyone reviewing this game point out these obvious flaws?is this what fighting game fans want now? Soul calibur 5....dragonball ultimate tenkaichi...tekken 6......are killing the fighting genre 3/10
  11. Feb 7, 2012
    This was the first Tekken game I have ever played. I was blown away by the gameplay in the Scenario mode. The graphics are good. While the story in Scenario mode is nonexistent, all other fighting games don't have much of a story. Another problem is the final stage of Arcade mode where Azazel is impossible to beat. Still, this game is well worth your money.
  12. May 2, 2012
    Tekken 6 is the most fun I've had since Tekken 3 in a fighting game. This is quite possibly the most balanced roster of fighters in the genre. I commend the dev team for spending so much time making the game incredible. Some gripes: online play will d/c you randomly. I would say it happens 2-3 times an hour for me at best...4-6 times at worst.. The story is...confusing at this point. I would like to see Tekken hire some writers and start fresh.

Other than that, it's fighting perfection.
  13. Jul 10, 2012
    Thanks to Capcom.....I have decided to trade my Capcom games for Namco ones. Did I do the right thing? Well?
    First of all I have owned every Tekken game since the second one on PS1 but I have never took it very seriously. It was mainly for get togethers with friends and it was usually not the first game we picked up. I always enjoyed other fighters more. Also- I downloaded Dark
    Resurrection on the PSN store and have played all of maybe 30 minutes total time. Safe to say the series fell off my radar. So my expectations were somewhat low.
    Now the review. Tekken 4 is my favorite in the series and widely considered the most hated. Still wanna read my review?
    The gameplay is exactly what I remembered. Ignorant juggles, fighters that do not move back and forward very well, strange double tap motions in order for your fighter to run, strange jumping where you almost have to do a move to get them in the air, the ability to move into the background and foreground. And yet it is noob friendly where just tapping buttons can give you a victory over a decently good player. Each button on the face of the controller is a limb. Easy enough to remember and the gameplay is nice and deep. Bit the characters movement sucks. It always has in this series. And I am shocked that the juggle happy game play is liked so much.
    This game was released in the arcades in 2007 and it looks it. It was even released late on consoles so it looked dated by the time it even saw a console release. To be honest it is only a minimal step up from Tekken 5. However after a 2 hour play period I noticed the animations are greatly approved even with the lame fighter movement and the lighting is improved as well. The blur did nothing for me and the color flashed and sparks that happen when a kick or punch lands is even more overdone than before. It does not effect gameplay so no harm no foul. The backgrounds which is something I personally judge harshly in a fighter are for the most part plain and boring. A drop in quality from five by a considerable margin The fighters look good but are quite jaggie. But for as old as it is I am sure it would of looked better to me if I reviewed it 2 years ago.
    Fighters- I am not digging the new fighters. The chic with the chainsaw hands is dumb and does not fit in the series at all. The other fighters are either cheap or bland. The bosses (A giant robot and a dragon made out of crystal, and Jin who is the Tekken Champion are all 3 cheap. Even on east the characters are cheap. The robot is actually a bonus stage yet it counts against your win / loss record. But the final boss is by far the cheapest boss fight I have even faced in a fighter. Even on easy difficulty. I have no desire to ever play through the arcade again.
    The other game modes are the usual affair but there is an alternate story mode which plays like a really bad 3-D Streets of Rage clone with Tekken moves and characters. It is not very entertaining mode but for trophy junkies this is where you get most of them.
    As for fun factor I must say before I got to the boss fights I was having fun with it.. On my second day I actually played against a friend and an hour went by and we still were not bored. After a while we tried to use strategy and learn a few select fighters but I personally do not find the game appealing enough to study a fighter for day on end like I would a character in Virtua Fighter or even Mortal Kombat.
    Still, After the crap Capcom and Arc Systems are pulling with their games these days I need some fighting games for my UFC's and cookouts with friends. I believe SoulCalibur in Namco's best fighter but Tekken is a fun game that I am happy is in my collection. Hopefully the upcoming Tag Tournament 2 will be a marked improvement over this one and they fix they fighter movement. The stiffness and the speed or lack thereof when the fighters move forward and backwards is something I have never liked and still don't. But I guess that is what makes Tekken what it is. An above average fighter with a big following.
  14. Aug 10, 2012
    Tekken 6, one of my Favorite game. It has rich graphics and good control over the players. I gave it 9 out of 10 because just one thing I feel that is bad in the game. It take some time to process things. Before launching a new games it first take 10 to 15 seconds to thing... or i dont know what is it but that delay is not good. Besides this games is very good.
  15. Aug 15, 2012
    Very average compared to the other fighters out on the Ps3 console(calamity trigger, persona 4, SC V ect)
    Online is brutal and laggy..
    Nothing new added since tekken 5, even by game standards now tekken 5 is better then this..
  16. Aug 19, 2013
    Tekken 6 isn't a bad game, but it doesn't feel like it does anything new with the genre. even the graphics are not good but still they gave us so so many characters in the end it isn't bad and i enjoyed it in the end
  17. Jun 6, 2013
    Solid gameplay, amazing graphics, pretty decent soundtrack... it's highly recommended for fighting fans around. It's not the best Tekken but it's up there with the best. The story may not be all that good but its something to get your mind into with it going back to the Tekken 4 Tekken Force style, which I enjoyed. If you havent played it give it a shot.
  18. Dec 1, 2013
    This game was the sole reason i actually bought an Playstation 3. Since i always considered the Tekken franchise to be the best on the fighting genre market. And finally we got net play. Some stages have dull music though. It has some flaws. But to me its still the best fighting game.
  19. Dec 15, 2013
    Just wanted to play a good online fighting game
    But really how can you even enjoy it when you can
    lose the match by a combo attack while your on the ground
    Or in the air literally 3 punches kicked in the air never stood
    Up after that. That need to make a limit on it seriously.
  20. Sep 13, 2014
    "Tekken 6" had so much potential to be great and unstoppable, but right after the first time i played with it i've placed it in my drawer and never played it again. Useless. Have to mention though that the graphics were amazing.

There are flaws that hurt the experience, but nothing, nothing stops Tekken 6 from being an intense, tactical and utterly brilliant fighting game, perfect for anyone with even a fleeting interest in the genre. [Issue#184, p.60]
    Tekken 6 has a lot to offer, including a massive roster, refined gameplay, plenty of modes, online multiplayer and an absurd amount of character customization options.
    It is slick in production, providing a lot of what one could reasonably ask for in a fighting game. The game is as accessible as ever, pretty to look at and arcade-perfect to a T.