7.3

1. Oct 5, 2010
    I can only commend Tekken 6 for it's superb graphics and distinct characters. I feel the 6th installment of the Tekken series has been very disapointing. From the loading times, to the pathetic storyline - Tekken 6 is with out a doubt, the worst tekken game I have ever played.
  2. Aug 8, 2011
    If you're familiar with the Tekken series, then you'd probably already be used to the fact that every Tekken game (since the PS1) offers very little innovation from the previous instalment. Sadly, Tekken 6 is no exception. But let's be honest here, how different can a figthing game be anyway? Tekken 6 does well in what it is expected to do well in, and that's figthing. Apart from the basic Arcade mode, Versus mode, Survival matches etc. there will be a Scenario mode whcih is kinda like a beat 'em up adventure figthing game where you follow the story behind Lars and Alis, travelling the lands to find Jin. Here is where you will get to unlock characters, movies, items (clothings), and earn money (to buy items for your characters). The good is, there are tons of items to unlock/purchase for your characters. You'll also be able to play the Scenario mode with a friend online. While the Scenario mode offers a welcomed change in gameplay, its implementation however was not well thought out. You can play as any characters you have unlocked, but the game can be quite challenging especially when you've just started out with a character (minumum stats) , even on Easy. Controls in Scenario mode are terrible. You can only fight one person at a time, and that means if you're fighting a group of them you'll probably won't make it when they've got you surrounded. Another thing is, you can't jump, and you can't do most combos, meaning that you'll be randomly button mashing your basic punches and kicks through the hordes of approching enemies. Boring!!! Another problem I had in Scenario mode is with some of the new characters. One of them would have to be Lars, who replaces Jin as the new protaganist for this game. He looks like a guy from The Incredibles. But the worse however would have to Abe lisa, which is one of the most annoying steriotypical Japanese anime-like character I've seen and everytime she says or does something brings a tear to my eyes... tears of embarassment! Really painful..... The story of the game is weak, and the graphics are very poor and dated, but you'll definitely have fun playing it with a friend. Just don't expect it to last. Tekken 6 is recommended to devoted fans of the series, but if you're new, only get this game when you're done with the other popular figthing games out there. Expand
  3. Sep 17, 2012
    Well I guess I'll talk about the good things first. Graphics:even now the hold up pretty well there some jaggies here and there but as I said it holds up pretty well. Single player content:its plentiful there is so much to do here like survival mode arcade mode etc...(take notes soul calibur 4 & 5) scenario mode takes a more dominant role which is good but the gamplay is pretty weak. One combo is pretty much a
    ll you need to do now the game killing probe: THE COMBAT:God its so broken especially when it comes to hit detection! No one mentions the fact that this IS NOT a 3D game because SIDE STEPPING is NONE EXISTANT I tried it & 98% of the time I was hit by attacks I clearly dodged!!! Don't believe me? Watch an online fight speaking of online fights its almost pointless for 2 reasons...1st...the God awful lag is pathetic...second...fighting go exactly like this...KNOCK OPPONENT IN AIR..JUGGLE OPPONENT TILL REACH THE WALL...BEAT OPPONET SENSELESSLY TILL VICTORIOUS.....REPEAT REPETITION UNTIL OPPONENT IS PISSED OFF....no skill here as the point of every fight is to beat someone on a wall until you win...? Lame!! What happen to tekken? Why is it a juggle fest/beating opponents on wall the point of gameplay? Why doesnt anyone reviewing this game point out these obvious flaws?is this what fighting game fans want now? Soul calibur 5....dragonball ultimate tenkaichi...tekken 6......are killing the fighting genre 3/10
  4. Dec 15, 2013
    Just wanted to play a good online fighting game
    But really how can you even enjoy it when you can
    lose the match by a combo attack while your on the ground
    Or in the air literally 3 punches kicked in the air never stood
    Up after that. That need to make a limit on it seriously.

There are flaws that hurt the experience, but nothing, nothing stops Tekken 6 from being an intense, tactical and utterly brilliant fighting game, perfect for anyone with even a fleeting interest in the genre. [Issue#184, p.60]
    Tekken 6 has a lot to offer, including a massive roster, refined gameplay, plenty of modes, online multiplayer and an absurd amount of character customization options.
    It is slick in production, providing a lot of what one could reasonably ask for in a fighting game. The game is as accessible as ever, pretty to look at and arcade-perfect to a T.