7.3

1. MikeH
    Dec 28, 2009
    First the bad... Online is an insanely maddening lag-fest, so don't even waste your time with it! Campaign/scenario/whateverthehell mode is pointless. And the bosses are retarded... Other than that, Tekken 6 is a solid game. Haha! It's just frustrating that the online play is broken, because at least with SF4 or BB you can gauge whether you are getting better as a player or not First the bad... Online is an insanely maddening lag-fest, so don't even waste your time with it! Campaign/scenario/whateverthehell mode is pointless. And the bosses are retarded... Other than that, Tekken 6 is a solid game. Haha! It's just frustrating that the online play is broken, because at least with SF4 or BB you can gauge whether you are getting better as a player or not by going online. Expand
  2. Feb 28, 2012
    I just don't know... what is it about this that stands out? It's fun for sure. It's no worse than T3 which I loved. Theres nothing really wrong with it. But as a guy who plays SF4, VF5, BB, SC5, and KoF13, this seems just... blah. But still good . Realistically, you could grab the strat guide and easily spend 60 hours learning this and enjoying every minute, but you'd be missing out on theI just don't know... what is it about this that stands out? It's fun for sure. It's no worse than T3 which I loved. Theres nothing really wrong with it. But as a guy who plays SF4, VF5, BB, SC5, and KoF13, this seems just... blah. But still good . Realistically, you could grab the strat guide and easily spend 60 hours learning this and enjoying every minute, but you'd be missing out on the other fighting games. Hey, there's nothing wrong with a 7. Expand
  3. Jan 13, 2012
    Tekken 6 is not perfect but it is a Tekken game for people who are already familiar with the Tekken series and its game mechanics. Personally, I prefer Capcom's cartoony Street Fighter 4 game over Namco's more serious 3D brawler. Sometimes the game takes itself too seriously and it isn't much fun to play. Now before you jump on me for this review. I have owned Tekken 1-3 + Tag Tournament.Tekken 6 is not perfect but it is a Tekken game for people who are already familiar with the Tekken series and its game mechanics. Personally, I prefer Capcom's cartoony Street Fighter 4 game over Namco's more serious 3D brawler. Sometimes the game takes itself too seriously and it isn't much fun to play. Now before you jump on me for this review. I have owned Tekken 1-3 + Tag Tournament. So I am familiar with the series, characters and gameplay. Tekken 6 however, has a really bad plot, even for fighting games which are known to horrible plots, still I suppose one must justify why 30+ people (and bears and kangaroos and wooden blocks and robots and dinosaurs) are ready and willing to beat each other to death. As an MMA brawler, you have all your standard fighters with different styles ranging from ninjitsu (in the form of an obvious rip-off of Marvel's Blade character), karate, kung fu, pro-wrestling, boxing, tae kwon do, sumo, etc...however all of these characters are unbalanced and have super complex combo strings that rarely anyone could pull off correctly leaving you to just kick, punch and throw your opponent around.

Ladies and gentlemen...there is a campaign mode....and it sucks. You basically team up with an AI character to go through mediocre levels (docks, forests, urban streets, and weird nondescript facilities) to beat several street brawlers who all have the same identical look just to unlock some super expensive customization options for the Tekken roster...things like sunglasses, jackets, pants, shirts, etc. Alot of these items provide new abilities in the campaign mode but are strictly cosmetic in the PvP or PvAI fighting modes.

For a PS3 the cut scenes look HORRENDOUS. The characters are awkward, blocky and look like they were ported out of the PS2 Tekken 3 and Tag Tourney games. There is a final boss in the game and he is HUMONGOUS and VERY VERY VERY CHEAP. You'll get to him in relatively short time and after several losses, you'll be tempted to just quit the game and cut your losses. Namco will definitely make a Tekken 7, it is their signature title after all. So I really hope they address these issues and undo what they did in Tekken 6.
  4. Jul 10, 2012
    Thanks to Capcom.....I have decided to trade my Capcom games for Namco ones. Did I do the right thing? Well?
    First of all I have owned every Tekken game since the second one on PS1 but I have never took it very seriously. It was mainly for get togethers with friends and it was usually not the first game we picked up. I always enjoyed other fighters more. Also- I downloaded Dark Resurrection on the PSN store and have played all of maybe 30 minutes total time. Safe to say the series fell off my radar. So my expectations were somewhat low.
    Now the review. Tekken 4 is my favorite in the series and widely considered the most hated. Still wanna read my review?
    The gameplay is exactly what I remembered. Ignorant juggles, fighters that do not move back and forward very well, strange double tap motions in order for your fighter to run, strange jumping where you almost have to do a move to get them in the air, the ability to move into the background and foreground. And yet it is noob friendly where just tapping buttons can give you a victory over a decently good player. Each button on the face of the controller is a limb. Easy enough to remember and the gameplay is nice and deep. Bit the characters movement sucks. It always has in this series. And I am shocked that the juggle happy game play is liked so much.
    This game was released in the arcades in 2007 and it looks it. It was even released late on consoles so it looked dated by the time it even saw a console release. To be honest it is only a minimal step up from Tekken 5. However after a 2 hour play period I noticed the animations are greatly approved even with the lame fighter movement and the lighting is improved as well. The blur did nothing for me and the color flashed and sparks that happen when a kick or punch lands is even more overdone than before. It does not effect gameplay so no harm no foul. The backgrounds which is something I personally judge harshly in a fighter are for the most part plain and boring. A drop in quality from five by a considerable margin The fighters look good but are quite jaggie. But for as old as it is I am sure it would of looked better to me if I reviewed it 2 years ago.
    Fighters- I am not digging the new fighters. The chic with the chainsaw hands is dumb and does not fit in the series at all. The other fighters are either cheap or bland. The bosses (A giant robot and a dragon made out of crystal, and Jin who is the Tekken Champion are all 3 cheap. Even on east the characters are cheap. The robot is actually a bonus stage yet it counts against your win / loss record. But the final boss is by far the cheapest boss fight I have even faced in a fighter. Even on easy difficulty. I have no desire to ever play through the arcade again.
    The other game modes are the usual affair but there is an alternate story mode which plays like a really bad 3-D Streets of Rage clone with Tekken moves and characters. It is not very entertaining mode but for trophy junkies this is where you get most of them.
    As for fun factor I must say before I got to the boss fights I was having fun with it.. On my second day I actually played against a friend and an hour went by and we still were not bored. After a while we tried to use strategy and learn a few select fighters but I personally do not find the game appealing enough to study a fighter for day on end like I would a character in Virtua Fighter or even Mortal Kombat.
    Still, After the crap Capcom and Arc Systems are pulling with their games these days I need some fighting games for my UFC's and cookouts with friends. I believe SoulCalibur in Namco's best fighter but Tekken is a fun game that I am happy is in my collection. Hopefully the upcoming Tag Tournament 2 will be a marked improvement over this one and they fix they fighter movement. The stiffness and the speed or lack thereof when the fighters move forward and backwards is something I have never liked and still don't. But I guess that is what makes Tekken what it is. An above average fighter with a big following.
  5. IsaacV.
    Jan 29, 2010
    a pretty cool fighting game but may leave your fingers sore after every battle because it can be a real button masher.
  6. JasonA
    Nov 1, 2009
    Quite possibly the worst Tekken ever - namely for the fact that the core of the game isn't Tekken, but the horrid "Scenario Campaign." Imagine a really repetitive action game, with bad controls, a boring story, and fighting game's cheat/psychic AI. That's Scenario Campaign. Now imagine if you had to go through Scenario campaign to unlock everyone's character endings, Quite possibly the worst Tekken ever - namely for the fact that the core of the game isn't Tekken, but the horrid "Scenario Campaign." Imagine a really repetitive action game, with bad controls, a boring story, and fighting game's cheat/psychic AI. That's Scenario Campaign. Now imagine if you had to go through Scenario campaign to unlock everyone's character endings, clothing, etc. That's Tekken 6. And online is laggy as hell too. Despite Scenario Campaign being horrible, the secondary "Tekken" mode that comes with it is pretty good in and of itself. I only wish this secondary mode was the focus of this game. Expand
  7. TonyL.
    Nov 8, 2009
    I'm glad I only bought this game brand new for $45 but this game disappointed me and many other long-time Tekken fans feel the same. I've played them all and Namco did not deliver a high quality fighter this time. It took far too long for this game to be released to the states. Plus the 720P output was not impressive. I do not enjoy the washed out textures and jaggies. The I'm glad I only bought this game brand new for $45 but this game disappointed me and many other long-time Tekken fans feel the same. I've played them all and Namco did not deliver a high quality fighter this time. It took far too long for this game to be released to the states. Plus the 720P output was not impressive. I do not enjoy the washed out textures and jaggies. The character modeling could have been better also. The gameplay is familiar and solid but the new campaign mode and removed story mode was not appreciated. Arcade mode is still there but is much shorter than before and does not give you the prologue/epilogue of fighters. For some reason, Namco made the final boss the cheapest in Tekken history. I don't even want to start on how bad the online mode is and I could go on and on about listing the cons but to sum it up, Tekken 6 is an average game and only deserves a 7 because of some new characters (although a cheap Alisa), good controls and handling, okay sound, character customization (although usable weaposn in-game isn't a very good idea), several new moves for every fighter and improved fighting mechanics that makes things more balanced, and not to mentioned there's going to be an update to fix the online lag soon. If you're a hardcore Tekken fan, this game is worth a buy, but not at full price. Oh yeah, be prepared to put-up with the loading times... Expand
  8. SorenK
    Nov 19, 2009
    Tekken 6's fighting is as good and addictive as ever showcased with excellent visuals and sound. Everything else about the game is a bitter disappointment. First, you cannot rank higher than 1st dan in offline arcade mode. The only way to have your character climb the ranks is to win online fights. Why ? Bitter disappointent. Second, scenario campaign is dull, clanky, and repetitive, Tekken 6's fighting is as good and addictive as ever showcased with excellent visuals and sound. Everything else about the game is a bitter disappointment. First, you cannot rank higher than 1st dan in offline arcade mode. The only way to have your character climb the ranks is to win online fights. Why ? Bitter disappointent. Second, scenario campaign is dull, clanky, and repetitive, adding nothing other than plot points to a ridiculous and cheeseball storyline. Why? Bitter disappointment. Third, Azazel, the boss character, has to be one of the worst ever. Why can't these people design a boss that offers a challenge through the depth of their A.I.? Bitter disappointment. Fourth, the online mode where players much better than you and keeping your character's ranking ever low looks as if it was hastily programmed as an afterthought. Why? .....sigh. Someone ought to serve the folk at Bandai Namco a delicious juicy steak, but garnished with runny manure because that's what Tekken 6 would taste like if it were food. Expand
  9. Jun 2, 2012
    I bought this game when I first got my PS3 in July 2010, played it a little and felt it to be quite inferior to Dark Resurrection that I had on my PSP, apart from the obvious graphic improvements. Now a year later I'm giving it another go and although it has its flaws, it is still a really good fighter. The cast is huge, fun, varied and look great and all the good things are there that youI bought this game when I first got my PS3 in July 2010, played it a little and felt it to be quite inferior to Dark Resurrection that I had on my PSP, apart from the obvious graphic improvements. Now a year later I'm giving it another go and although it has its flaws, it is still a really good fighter. The cast is huge, fun, varied and look great and all the good things are there that you want in a Tekken fighter. The infamous scenario mode is not as bad as some people have made it out to be, it has some pretty big flaws and even compared to other fighters, the story is dire, but basically it's kind of fun and does give you a lot to do if you can't or need a break from online fighting. I didn't even try the scenario mode before because I read how bad it was supposed to be, but now I'm actually about half-way through and finding it quite addictive. The camera angles are sometimes iffy and switching opponents is finicky, so without a doubt it has flaws, but the main part of Tekken is 1v1 fighting and if you treat the scenario mode as extra, then if you take the time it can be fun. Expand
  10. Aug 15, 2012
    Very average compared to the other fighters out on the Ps3 console(calamity trigger, persona 4, SC V ect)
    Online is brutal and laggy..
    Nothing new added since tekken 5, even by game standards now tekken 5 is better then this..
  11. Aug 19, 2013
    Tekken 6 isn't a bad game, but it doesn't feel like it does anything new with the genre. even the graphics are not good but still they gave us so so many characters in the end it isn't bad and i enjoyed it in the end

There are flaws that hurt the experience, but nothing, nothing stops Tekken 6 from being an intense, tactical and utterly brilliant fighting game, perfect for anyone with even a fleeting interest in the genre. [Issue#184, p.60]
    Tekken 6 has a lot to offer, including a massive roster, refined gameplay, plenty of modes, online multiplayer and an absurd amount of character customization options.
    It is slick in production, providing a lot of what one could reasonably ask for in a fighting game. The game is as accessible as ever, pretty to look at and arcade-perfect to a T.