Tekken 6 PlayStation 3

7.3

1. May 18, 2015
  2. Sep 13, 2014
    "Tekken 6" had so much potential to be great and unstoppable, but right after the first time i played with it i've placed it in my drawer and never played it again. Useless. Have to mention though that the graphics were amazing.
  3. Dec 15, 2013
    Just wanted to play a good online fighting game
    But really how can you even enjoy it when you can
    lose the match by a combo attack while your on the ground
    Or in the air literally 3 punches kicked in the air never stood
    Up after that. That need to make a limit on it seriously.
  4. Dec 1, 2013
    This game was the sole reason i actually bought an Playstation 3. Since i always considered the Tekken franchise to be the best on the fighting genre market. And finally we got net play. Some stages have dull music though. It has some flaws. But to me its still the best fighting game.
  5. Aug 19, 2013
    Tekken 6 isn't a bad game, but it doesn't feel like it does anything new with the genre. even the graphics are not good but still they gave us so so many characters in the end it isn't bad and i enjoyed it in the end
  6. Jun 6, 2013
    Solid gameplay, amazing graphics, pretty decent soundtrack... it's highly recommended for fighting fans around. It's not the best Tekken but it's up there with the best. The story may not be all that good but its something to get your mind into with it going back to the Tekken 4 Tekken Force style, which I enjoyed. If you havent played it give it a shot.
  7. Feb 28, 2013
    Despite the several bad changes made in tekken 6, in its core this fighting game has still the best fighting mechanics with a huge choice of characters.
  8. Sep 17, 2012
    Well I guess I'll talk about the good things first. Graphics:even now the hold up pretty well there some jaggies here and there but as I said it holds up pretty well. Single player content:its plentiful there is so much to do here like survival mode arcade mode etc...(take notes soul calibur 4 & 5) scenario mode takes a more dominant role which is good but the gamplay is pretty weak. OneWell I guess I'll talk about the good things first. Graphics:even now the hold up pretty well there some jaggies here and there but as I said it holds up pretty well. Single player content:its plentiful there is so much to do here like survival mode arcade mode etc...(take notes soul calibur 4 & 5) scenario mode takes a more dominant role which is good but the gamplay is pretty weak. One combo is pretty much a
    ll you need to do now the game killing probe: THE COMBAT:God its so broken especially when it comes to hit detection! No one mentions the fact that this IS NOT a 3D game because SIDE STEPPING is NONE EXISTANT I tried it & 98% of the time I was hit by attacks I clearly dodged!!! Don't believe me? Watch an online fight speaking of online fights its almost pointless for 2 reasons...1st...the God awful lag is pathetic...second...fighting go exactly like this...KNOCK OPPONENT IN AIR..JUGGLE OPPONENT TILL REACH THE WALL...BEAT OPPONET SENSELESSLY TILL VICTORIOUS.....REPEAT REPETITION UNTIL OPPONENT IS PISSED OFF....no skill here as the point of every fight is to beat someone on a wall until you win...? Lame!! What happen to tekken? Why is it a juggle fest/beating opponents on wall the point of gameplay? Why doesnt anyone reviewing this game point out these obvious flaws?is this what fighting game fans want now? Soul calibur 5....dragonball ultimate tenkaichi...tekken 6......are killing the fighting genre 3/10
  9. Aug 15, 2012
    Very average compared to the other fighters out on the Ps3 console(calamity trigger, persona 4, SC V ect)
    Online is brutal and laggy..
    Nothing new added since tekken 5, even by game standards now tekken 5 is better then this..
  10. Aug 10, 2012
    Tekken 6, one of my Favorite game. It has rich graphics and good control over the players. I gave it 9 out of 10 because just one thing I feel that is bad in the game. It take some time to process things. Before launching a new games it first take 10 to 15 seconds to thing... or i dont know what is it but that delay is not good. Besides this games is very good.
  11. Jul 10, 2012
    Thanks to Capcom.....I have decided to trade my Capcom games for Namco ones. Did I do the right thing? Well?
    First of all I have owned every Tekken game since the second one on PS1 but I have never took it very seriously. It was mainly for get togethers with friends and it was usually not the first game we picked up. I always enjoyed other fighters more. Also- I downloaded Dark Resurrection on the PSN store and have played all of maybe 30 minutes total time. Safe to say the series fell off my radar. So my expectations were somewhat low.
    Now the review. Tekken 4 is my favorite in the series and widely considered the most hated. Still wanna read my review?
    The gameplay is exactly what I remembered. Ignorant juggles, fighters that do not move back and forward very well, strange double tap motions in order for your fighter to run, strange jumping where you almost have to do a move to get them in the air, the ability to move into the background and foreground. And yet it is noob friendly where just tapping buttons can give you a victory over a decently good player. Each button on the face of the controller is a limb. Easy enough to remember and the gameplay is nice and deep. Bit the characters movement sucks. It always has in this series. And I am shocked that the juggle happy game play is liked so much.
    This game was released in the arcades in 2007 and it looks it. It was even released late on consoles so it looked dated by the time it even saw a console release. To be honest it is only a minimal step up from Tekken 5. However after a 2 hour play period I noticed the animations are greatly approved even with the lame fighter movement and the lighting is improved as well. The blur did nothing for me and the color flashed and sparks that happen when a kick or punch lands is even more overdone than before. It does not effect gameplay so no harm no foul. The backgrounds which is something I personally judge harshly in a fighter are for the most part plain and boring. A drop in quality from five by a considerable margin The fighters look good but are quite jaggie. But for as old as it is I am sure it would of looked better to me if I reviewed it 2 years ago.
    Fighters- I am not digging the new fighters. The chic with the chainsaw hands is dumb and does not fit in the series at all. The other fighters are either cheap or bland. The bosses (A giant robot and a dragon made out of crystal, and Jin who is the Tekken Champion are all 3 cheap. Even on east the characters are cheap. The robot is actually a bonus stage yet it counts against your win / loss record. But the final boss is by far the cheapest boss fight I have even faced in a fighter. Even on easy difficulty. I have no desire to ever play through the arcade again.
    The other game modes are the usual affair but there is an alternate story mode which plays like a really bad 3-D Streets of Rage clone with Tekken moves and characters. It is not very entertaining mode but for trophy junkies this is where you get most of them.
    As for fun factor I must say before I got to the boss fights I was having fun with it.. On my second day I actually played against a friend and an hour went by and we still were not bored. After a while we tried to use strategy and learn a few select fighters but I personally do not find the game appealing enough to study a fighter for day on end like I would a character in Virtua Fighter or even Mortal Kombat.
    Still, After the crap Capcom and Arc Systems are pulling with their games these days I need some fighting games for my UFC's and cookouts with friends. I believe SoulCalibur in Namco's best fighter but Tekken is a fun game that I am happy is in my collection. Hopefully the upcoming Tag Tournament 2 will be a marked improvement over this one and they fix they fighter movement. The stiffness and the speed or lack thereof when the fighters move forward and backwards is something I have never liked and still don't. But I guess that is what makes Tekken what it is. An above average fighter with a big following.
  12. Jun 2, 2012
    I bought this game when I first got my PS3 in July 2010, played it a little and felt it to be quite inferior to Dark Resurrection that I had on my PSP, apart from the obvious graphic improvements. Now a year later I'm giving it another go and although it has its flaws, it is still a really good fighter. The cast is huge, fun, varied and look great and all the good things are there that youI bought this game when I first got my PS3 in July 2010, played it a little and felt it to be quite inferior to Dark Resurrection that I had on my PSP, apart from the obvious graphic improvements. Now a year later I'm giving it another go and although it has its flaws, it is still a really good fighter. The cast is huge, fun, varied and look great and all the good things are there that you want in a Tekken fighter. The infamous scenario mode is not as bad as some people have made it out to be, it has some pretty big flaws and even compared to other fighters, the story is dire, but basically it's kind of fun and does give you a lot to do if you can't or need a break from online fighting. I didn't even try the scenario mode before because I read how bad it was supposed to be, but now I'm actually about half-way through and finding it quite addictive. The camera angles are sometimes iffy and switching opponents is finicky, so without a doubt it has flaws, but the main part of Tekken is 1v1 fighting and if you treat the scenario mode as extra, then if you take the time it can be fun. Expand
  13. May 2, 2012
    Tekken 6 is the most fun I've had since Tekken 3 in a fighting game.

This is quite possibly the most balanced roster of fighters in the genre. I commend the dev team for spending so much time making the game incredible. Some gripes: online play will d/c you randomly. I would say it happens 2-3 times an hour for me at best...4-6 times at worst.. The story is...confusing at this point.
    Tekken 6 is the most fun I've had since Tekken 3 in a fighting game.

The story is...confusing at this point. I would like to see Tekken hire some writers and start fresh.

Other than that, it's fighting perfection.
  14. Feb 28, 2012
    I just don't know... what is it about this that stands out? It's fun for sure. It's no worse than T3 which I loved. Theres nothing really wrong with it. But as a guy who plays SF4, VF5, BB, SC5, and KoF13, this seems just... blah. But still good . Realistically, you could grab the strat guide and easily spend 60 hours learning this and enjoying every minute, but you'd be missing out on theI just don't know... what is it about this that stands out? It's fun for sure. It's no worse than T3 which I loved. Theres nothing really wrong with it. But as a guy who plays SF4, VF5, BB, SC5, and KoF13, this seems just... blah. But still good . Realistically, you could grab the strat guide and easily spend 60 hours learning this and enjoying every minute, but you'd be missing out on the other fighting games. Hey, there's nothing wrong with a 7. Expand
  15. Feb 7, 2012
    This was the first Tekken game I have ever played. I was blown away by the gameplay in the Scenario mode. The graphics are good. While the story in Scenario mode is nonexistent, all other fighting games don't have much of a story. Another problem is the final stage of Arcade mode where Azazel is impossible to beat. Still, this game is well worth your money.
  16. Jan 13, 2012
    Tekken 6 is not perfect but it is a Tekken game for people who are already familiar with the Tekken series and its game mechanics. Personally, I prefer Capcom's cartoony Street Fighter 4 game over Namco's more serious 3D brawler. Sometimes the game takes itself too seriously and it isn't much fun to play. Now before you jump on me for this review. I have owned Tekken 1-3 + Tag Tournament.Tekken 6 is not perfect but it is a Tekken game for people who are already familiar with the Tekken series and its game mechanics. Personally, I prefer Capcom's cartoony Street Fighter 4 game over Namco's more serious 3D brawler. Sometimes the game takes itself too seriously and it isn't much fun to play. Now before you jump on me for this review. I have owned Tekken 1-3 + Tag Tournament. So I am familiar with the series, characters and gameplay. Tekken 6 however, has a really bad plot, even for fighting games which are known to horrible plots, still I suppose one must justify why 30+ people (and bears and kangaroos and wooden blocks and robots and dinosaurs) are ready and willing to beat each other to death. As an MMA brawler, you have all your standard fighters with different styles ranging from ninjitsu (in the form of an obvious rip-off of Marvel's Blade character), karate, kung fu, pro-wrestling, boxing, tae kwon do, sumo, etc...however all of these characters are unbalanced and have super complex combo strings that rarely anyone could pull off correctly leaving you to just kick, punch and throw your opponent around.

Ladies and gentlemen...there is a campaign mode....and it sucks. You basically team up with an AI character to go through mediocre levels (docks, forests, urban streets, and weird nondescript facilities) to beat several street brawlers who all have the same identical look just to unlock some super expensive customization options for the Tekken roster...things like sunglasses, jackets, pants, shirts, etc. Alot of these items provide new abilities in the campaign mode but are strictly cosmetic in the PvP or PvAI fighting modes.

For a PS3 the cut scenes look HORRENDOUS. The characters are awkward, blocky and look like they were ported out of the PS2 Tekken 3 and Tag Tourney games. There is a final boss in the game and he is HUMONGOUS and VERY VERY VERY CHEAP. You'll get to him in relatively short time and after several losses, you'll be tempted to just quit the game and cut your losses. Namco will definitely make a Tekken 7, it is their signature title after all. So I really hope they address these issues and undo what they did in Tekken 6.
  17. Nov 14, 2011
    Tekken is my favorite fighting game, and this title did not dissapoint me, i love the new Scenerio Campaign mode, only thing is I wish that would've did what the did in Tekken 4 when you played Arcade/storymode there was a Intro, and mid story and an ending, instead the whole game revolving around Lars, and Alisa when most people didnt know them, or care for them.
  18. Nov 1, 2011
    A great fighting game, the best out there in its genre. Very good improvements and I like how the character customization is expanded even more to give you, the gamer, a feeling of "ownership to a fighter." Overall it is a fighting game to get and play here and there with your friends. This game is one of those games that binds friends to even closer ones, and makes your enemies despiseA great fighting game, the best out there in its genre. Very good improvements and I like how the character customization is expanded even more to give you, the gamer, a feeling of "ownership to a fighter." Overall it is a fighting game to get and play here and there with your friends. This game is one of those games that binds friends to even closer ones, and makes your enemies despise you even more. Its a community based game which makes it so fun. To me, FUN is what matters, the only element that matters. However, a con is the long loading times. This quirk can be fixed by going into the options menu and installing the data, but the loading times will still feel incredibly long. Its basically reducing a minute from an hour. (Bad analogy, insert criticism for my analogy here). My patience is not to be tested thats why Tekken 6 only recieves a 9 instead of a 10. Everything else is just fine though. Expand
  19. Aug 8, 2011
    If you're familiar with the Tekken series, then you'd probably already be used to the fact that every Tekken game (since the PS1) offers very little innovation from the previous instalment. Sadly, Tekken 6 is no exception. But let's be honest here, how different can a figthing game be anyway? Tekken 6 does well in what it is expected to do well in, and that's figthing. Apart from the basicIf you're familiar with the Tekken series, then you'd probably already be used to the fact that every Tekken game (since the PS1) offers very little innovation from the previous instalment. Sadly, Tekken 6 is no exception. But let's be honest here, how different can a figthing game be anyway? Tekken 6 does well in what it is expected to do well in, and that's figthing. Apart from the basic Arcade mode, Versus mode, Survival matches etc. there will be a Scenario mode whcih is kinda like a beat 'em up adventure figthing game where you follow the story behind Lars and Alis, travelling the lands to find Jin. Here is where you will get to unlock characters, movies, items (clothings), and earn money (to buy items for your characters). The good is, there are tons of items to unlock/purchase for your characters. You'll also be able to play the Scenario mode with a friend online. While the Scenario mode offers a welcomed change in gameplay, its implementation however was not well thought out. You can play as any characters you have unlocked, but the game can be quite challenging especially when you've just started out with a character (minumum stats) , even on Easy. Controls in Scenario mode are terrible. You can only fight one person at a time, and that means if you're fighting a group of them you'll probably won't make it when they've got you surrounded. Another thing is, you can't jump, and you can't do most combos, meaning that you'll be randomly button mashing your basic punches and kicks through the hordes of approching enemies. Boring!!! Another problem I had in Scenario mode is with some of the new characters. One of them would have to be Lars, who replaces Jin as the new protaganist for this game. He looks like a guy from The Incredibles. But the worse however would have to Abe lisa, which is one of the most annoying steriotypical Japanese anime-like character I've seen and everytime she says or does something brings a tear to my eyes... tears of embarassment! Really painful..... The story of the game is weak, and the graphics are very poor and dated, but you'll definitely have fun playing it with a friend. Just don't expect it to last. Tekken 6 is recommended to devoted fans of the series, but if you're new, only get this game when you're done with the other popular figthing games out there. Collapse
  20. Oct 5, 2010
    I can only commend Tekken 6 for it's superb graphics and distinct characters. I feel the 6th installment of the Tekken series has been very disapointing. From the loading times, to the pathetic storyline - Tekken 6 is with out a doubt, the worst tekken game I have ever played.
  21. Sep 11, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Tekken 6" is, overall, a great gaming experience, aside from some slight drawbacks that I'll go over in this review. The story-line mode is a fantastic and exciting experience, as it hearkens back to the days of "Streets of Rage" and other beat-em-up games. As you progress through the epic story mode you can unlock almost hundreds of items; customizable outfits unique to the story mode that you are able to use while fighting online, and money you can use to acquire other unlockable items. Story mode can get very addicting. However, the final two stages in story mode, which involve the spiteful character Jin Kazama, can become very difficult - depending on which character you choose. Overall, the story is very interesting and engaging. But most of all, the game is just pure fun! Although, I think I should mention that the online experience can be very frustrating, as I've had some people actually turn off their PS3s on me before I would win a match - a b**** thing to do. All in all, and being an avid follower of the Tekken series, I love this game! I give it a 9 out of 10. Expand
  22. IsaacV.
    Jan 29, 2010
    a pretty cool fighting game but may leave your fingers sore after every battle because it can be a real button masher.
  23. HamzaA.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Poor, very poor, Scenario Campaign is just flawed with repetitive-nees, insanely difficult levels and no fun at all. Same with arcade where Azazel is physically impossible to beat. Not to mention the absolutely useless blocking system, which 75% of the times, NEVER works and leaves you figuring how to block. Don't buy, thank God I rented it
  24. JosefH
    Jan 21, 2010
    On the 18th January a patch came out for the online play to make it both less laggy, and to incorporate an online co-op mode for the Scenario Campaign. The latter is cool, the former was necessary. The online play is now so much smoother it's difficult to remember what it was like originally. (OK, it's not, it was terrible and the images will never leave my mind, but whatever.) On the 18th January a patch came out for the online play to make it both less laggy, and to incorporate an online co-op mode for the Scenario Campaign. The latter is cool, the former was necessary. The online play is now so much smoother it's difficult to remember what it was like originally. (OK, it's not, it was terrible and the images will never leave my mind, but whatever.) Everything parting facing Azazel is brilliant in this game, coming from the perspective of someone who doesn't really get into buying fighting games much. Tekken has always been my favourite fighting game, and Tekken 6 once again gives me a reason to splash the cash once more. The fighting is very smooth and fluid, my only gripe with the gameplay being that most people I face are generally better than me. he graphics are nice, with some very colourful locations. The wide verity of characters to choose from all have their own unique way of playing, and so long as you get practice, you'll rarely go into a match-up thinking "They're X character, I've got no chance" unless it's your own personal preference. Expand
  25. MikeH
    Dec 28, 2009
    First the bad... Online is an insanely maddening lag-fest, so don't even waste your time with it! Campaign/scenario/whateverthehell mode is pointless. And the bosses are retarded... Other than that, Tekken 6 is a solid game. Haha! It's just frustrating that the online play is broken, because at least with SF4 or BB you can gauge whether you are getting better as a player or not First the bad... Online is an insanely maddening lag-fest, so don't even waste your time with it! Campaign/scenario/whateverthehell mode is pointless. And the bosses are retarded... Other than that, Tekken 6 is a solid game. Haha! It's just frustrating that the online play is broken, because at least with SF4 or BB you can gauge whether you are getting better as a player or not by going online. Expand
  26. MatthewS
    Dec 11, 2009
    Namco has once again brought us another Tekken game. This time we get Tekken 6. For the most part this game is better than 5 and DR. The fighting has improved and seems more deep than ever before. The 40+ list of fighters in the game is a huge plus. More fighting games should have a huge list of characters. The graphics are good too. I don't know why people are saying that the Namco has once again brought us another Tekken game. This time we get Tekken 6. For the most part this game is better than 5 and DR. The fighting has improved and seems more deep than ever before. The 40+ list of fighters in the game is a huge plus. More fighting games should have a huge list of characters. The graphics are good too. I don't know why people are saying that the graphics are poor. What did you expect? I think the game looks great. Stages look nice in HD and the character models are highly detailed. The animations are some of the best that I've seen in a fighting game to date. One disappointing thing about Tekken 6 is the story mode. It's really boring and not fun at all. They should have just did a story mode much like DOA4's and just go through stages fighting characters to get to the final boss. This is the King of the Iron Fist Tournament 6 so why couldn't it have been like a tournament or something instead of trying to be an action game for the story. I haven't tried the online as of yet but have had some tournaments of my own at my place with friends. We used to play DOA4 alot but now Tekken 6 takes up our time. It's a very fun game and I wholy recommend this to anyone looking for a new fighting game to buy. The core fighting is still some of the best in the business. Expand
  27. SorenK
    Nov 19, 2009
    Tekken 6's fighting is as good and addictive as ever showcased with excellent visuals and sound. Everything else about the game is a bitter disappointment. First, you cannot rank higher than 1st dan in offline arcade mode. The only way to have your character climb the ranks is to win online fights. Why ? Bitter disappointent. Second, scenario campaign is dull, clanky, and repetitive, Tekken 6's fighting is as good and addictive as ever showcased with excellent visuals and sound. Everything else about the game is a bitter disappointment. First, you cannot rank higher than 1st dan in offline arcade mode. The only way to have your character climb the ranks is to win online fights. Why ? Bitter disappointent. Second, scenario campaign is dull, clanky, and repetitive, adding nothing other than plot points to a ridiculous and cheeseball storyline. Why? Bitter disappointment. Third, Azazel, the boss character, has to be one of the worst ever. Why can't these people design a boss that offers a challenge through the depth of their A.I.? Bitter disappointment. Fourth, the online mode where players much better than you and keeping your character's ranking ever low looks as if it was hastily programmed as an afterthought. Why? .....sigh. Someone ought to serve the folk at Bandai Namco a delicious juicy steak, but garnished with runny manure because that's what Tekken 6 would taste like if it were food. Expand
  28. JanneM
    Nov 17, 2009
    Tekken at its finest. Still waiting for that online patch but otherwise it plays great! People might complain about the graphics but I dont see anything wrong with them. SF4's cartoony characters pale in comparison.
  29. KennethW
    Nov 12, 2009
    Tekken has always been known as a series that has kept a continuous flow of quality concerning each iteration over the years, and Tekken 6 is no different. To the uninformed and/or ignorant, this game will be seen as simply "another rehash" of the typical Tekken gameplay. To the trained eye, this is most certainly untrue. For instance, nearly every move has been reanimated in some form or Tekken has always been known as a series that has kept a continuous flow of quality concerning each iteration over the years, and Tekken 6 is no different. To the uninformed and/or ignorant, this game will be seen as simply "another rehash" of the typical Tekken gameplay. To the trained eye, this is most certainly untrue. For instance, nearly every move has been reanimated in some form or another. The difference between Tekken 5 and Tekken 6 in this respect is fantastic. Indeed, the core gameplay has also had adjustments. The two most obvious are the new rage mode and the bound system. Rage occurs when a player is at 5% or so life. Their moves become stronger, and thus, allow for possible comebacks (though highly unlikely given the amount of life which is required for rage to occur in the first place). Second, the bound system. Bound essentially allows one to use certain moves to slam an opponent into the ground to continue their combo. This adds another level of intricacy into the already in-depth combo system found within the Tekken series. Scenario Campaign is essentially a souped-up version of Tekken Force from Tekken 3 and Tekken 4. Whereas others have been hard on this mode, I find it to be superior to the rather shallow Tekken Force modes of games passed. Namco-Bandai obviously put a nice deal of effort into making this mode, and it pays off for the most part. It's an excellent way to find out the story of Tekken, the ability to make fight money for customizations is surprisingly easy, and it's a great way to obtain free customizations as you blaze through levels. All in all, a pleasant side addition to the series. Honestly? There's not much that Tekken 6 hasn't done well this time around. I have heard issues of lag concerning online play but I have yet to experience little if any (though this might have to do with the fact that I have a stellar connection while playing). About the only thing I have beef with is the lack of 2 player customizations in versus mode. Other than that? Tekken 6 is easily my favorite fighting game of the year and deserves nothing less than a 9-10 out of 10. Expand
  30. MrAnderson
    Nov 11, 2009
    This game was a huge disappointment. Graphics : dated. They actually look worse than in VF5 or TEKKEN 5!!! Online is useless. I paid 60 bucks for this? Good grief.
  31. TonyL.
    Nov 8, 2009
    I'm glad I only bought this game brand new for $45 but this game disappointed me and many other long-time Tekken fans feel the same. I've played them all and Namco did not deliver a high quality fighter this time. It took far too long for this game to be released to the states. Plus the 720P output was not impressive. I do not enjoy the washed out textures and jaggies. The I'm glad I only bought this game brand new for $45 but this game disappointed me and many other long-time Tekken fans feel the same. I've played them all and Namco did not deliver a high quality fighter this time. It took far too long for this game to be released to the states. Plus the 720P output was not impressive. I do not enjoy the washed out textures and jaggies. The character modeling could have been better also. The gameplay is familiar and solid but the new campaign mode and removed story mode was not appreciated. Arcade mode is still there but is much shorter than before and does not give you the prologue/epilogue of fighters. For some reason, Namco made the final boss the cheapest in Tekken history. I don't even want to start on how bad the online mode is and I could go on and on about listing the cons but to sum it up, Tekken 6 is an average game and only deserves a 7 because of some new characters (although a cheap Alisa), good controls and handling, okay sound, character customization (although usable weaposn in-game isn't a very good idea), several new moves for every fighter and improved fighting mechanics that makes things more balanced, and not to mentioned there's going to be an update to fix the online lag soon. If you're a hardcore Tekken fan, this game is worth a buy, but not at full price. Oh yeah, be prepared to put-up with the loading times... Expand
  32. NickG
    Nov 2, 2009
    The only problem I have with this game is that there should have been a scenario campaign for all the main characters- not just Lars.However I like how there is more character depth shown in the scenario campaign between the characters but they could have made use of more cut scenes.Those are the only things that held it back from getting a 10.
  33. NathanH
    Nov 2, 2009
    The guy whwo says "recently' bosses have become cheap fighters.....Have you played the original mortal kombat???? Seriously, go back and fight goro right now. Your brain will explode. Anyway, the game is awesome, who cares about the campaign mode, its been bad since tekken 3, yet I still play it. I want that extra content, and seriously, its a fighting game, namco is not good at The guy whwo says "recently' bosses have become cheap fighters.....Have you played the original mortal kombat???? Seriously, go back and fight goro right now. Your brain will explode. Anyway, the game is awesome, who cares about the campaign mode, its been bad since tekken 3, yet I still play it. I want that extra content, and seriously, its a fighting game, namco is not good at campaign stuff, just deal with it. The FIGHTING is great, as it was designed to be. Thats all you need to know. Expand
  34. FrankW
    Nov 1, 2009
    I'll be brief; campaign mode is a total joke and poorly done yet somehow is the main focus of the game, the fighting is the same ol' Tekken and the new characters are terrible, and even worse, the online is laggy and is need of some serious patchwork. This game is trash, Street Fighter 4 and BlazBlue are both superior fighters in every aspect imaginable. Not worth the money, but I'll be brief; campaign mode is a total joke and poorly done yet somehow is the main focus of the game, the fighting is the same ol' Tekken and the new characters are terrible, and even worse, the online is laggy and is need of some serious patchwork. This game is trash, Street Fighter 4 and BlazBlue are both superior fighters in every aspect imaginable. Not worth the money, but for all of you "gamers" out there that love easy achievements/trophies, this game has the easiest trophy pack I've ever seen! Just saying... Expand
  35. JasonA
    Nov 1, 2009
    Quite possibly the worst Tekken ever - namely for the fact that the core of the game isn't Tekken, but the horrid "Scenario Campaign." Imagine a really repetitive action game, with bad controls, a boring story, and fighting game's cheat/psychic AI. That's Scenario Campaign. Now imagine if you had to go through Scenario campaign to unlock everyone's character endings, Quite possibly the worst Tekken ever - namely for the fact that the core of the game isn't Tekken, but the horrid "Scenario Campaign." Imagine a really repetitive action game, with bad controls, a boring story, and fighting game's cheat/psychic AI. That's Scenario Campaign. Now imagine if you had to go through Scenario campaign to unlock everyone's character endings, clothing, etc. That's Tekken 6. And online is laggy as hell too. Despite Scenario Campaign being horrible, the secondary "Tekken" mode that comes with it is pretty good in and of itself. I only wish this secondary mode was the focus of this game. Expand
  36. CraigS
    Nov 1, 2009
    Best Tekken game so far. The character models, animations and stages are more detailed than T5DR but resolution has been lowered and with motion blur the game has no anti-aliasing which makes the graphics look a bit upleasing. The Scenario Mode may not be so engaging but in my opinion this is a big improvement in the series of Tekken beat 'em up minigames. The music could be better Best Tekken game so far. The character models, animations and stages are more detailed than T5DR but resolution has been lowered and with motion blur the game has no anti-aliasing which makes the graphics look a bit upleasing. The Scenario Mode may not be so engaging but in my opinion this is a big improvement in the series of Tekken beat 'em up minigames. The music could be better but it's acceptable. As for the people who complain about the game series not having changed significantly at all, what's the point in changing if the basic game mechanics are so perfect in the first place? The new rage system seems like an unnecessary addition which only has subtle if any impact on gameplay; I would rather play without it. The new bound system however is an interesting addition and is sure to please all combo players. Even though this game is a console port of a 2 year old game, it still seems a bit rushed since it is still missing some basic elements such as the possibility to load multiple customization profiles simultaneously in Vs mode. These problems will be patched hopefully in the update which will be released within the next few months. Expand
  37. Marka
    Nov 1, 2009
    tekken has always been a great series. You could play any of them from tag on and have just as much fun as playing this. I just rented, I'm not buying anything off Namco Bandai again. They are ruining Soul Calibur and Tekken with ridiculous DLC and that has to stop before I buy one of their games.
  38. SethO
    Oct 31, 2009
    I've been studying martial arts for over 10 years now and can say that all the realistic moves have been perfectly designed. This is the smoothest fighting game i have ever played! I reccomend the PS3 version as it didn't feel as organic on the 360 control, don't be convinced by nostalgia freaks and arcade pros the arcade stick isn't genuinely a superior control type I've been studying martial arts for over 10 years now and can say that all the realistic moves have been perfectly designed. This is the smoothest fighting game i have ever played! I reccomend the PS3 version as it didn't feel as organic on the 360 control, don't be convinced by nostalgia freaks and arcade pros the arcade stick isn't genuinely a superior control type its just they have 20 years more practice with there control than you do with yours. enjoy! Expand
  39. JoeK
    Oct 31, 2009
    This is NOT a bad game, it's just slightly disappointing as PS3 owners have been waiting 3 years for this game. If Namco spent more time polishing this game (graphics and giving it more modes) for the PS3 instead of putting it on the 360 as well for $$$, I'm sure this game would have been a 10. The graphics are bad, but the gameplay is classic Tekken and that is the sole reason This is NOT a bad game, it's just slightly disappointing as PS3 owners have been waiting 3 years for this game. If Namco spent more time polishing this game (graphics and giving it more modes) for the PS3 instead of putting it on the 360 as well for $$$, I'm sure this game would have been a 10. The graphics are bad, but the gameplay is classic Tekken and that is the sole reason why everyone should still buy this game. The new modes are interesting, but don't add too much and the new characters are well designed. Overall, this is an 8/10 game but PS3 owners deserve more than this. Expand
  40. Siggi
    Oct 29, 2009
    The Tekken version timeline: 1, 2, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and now Tekken six is essentially just 3.3. Its the same game with better graphics. I understand that if it ain't broke don't fix it, but what if its dated? Its been 10 years guys. How about some innovation?
  41. JamieL
    Oct 28, 2009
    Tekken is Tekken. But for a year full of fighters that are actually evolving Tekken stays completely still. Actually, a step backwards. The regular arcade modes and team battles remain the same. The characters play exactly like Tekken 5 DR. The graphics have improved but nothing substantial, I'd say Street Fighter 4 and Soul Calibur 4 win in the graphics catagory so nothing too Tekken is Tekken. But for a year full of fighters that are actually evolving Tekken stays completely still. Actually, a step backwards. The regular arcade modes and team battles remain the same. The characters play exactly like Tekken 5 DR. The graphics have improved but nothing substantial, I'd say Street Fighter 4 and Soul Calibur 4 win in the graphics catagory so nothing too impressive. The new campaign is one of the most ridiculous stories ever, and the final boss is one of the worst final bosses in all of fighting games. Do yourself and your wallet a favor and just download Tekken 5 DR off the PSN and save money. The gameplay, which is all that matters in a Tekken game is unchanged. This is the biggest disappointment of the year. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!! Expand
  42. AndreiGs
    Oct 28, 2009
    For those who have ADD, this summary will sort you out (for those without, read everything): 1) Tekken 6 is the best the series has ever been since tag. The gameplay is intense, deep, and fun, all at the same time. 2) Scenario Campaign is useless, boring, and an absolute waste of space. 3) The missing training mode means that a lot of game journalists will not be able to appreciate the For those who have ADD, this summary will sort you out (for those without, read everything): 1) Tekken 6 is the best the series has ever been since tag. The gameplay is intense, deep, and fun, all at the same time. 2) Scenario Campaign is useless, boring, and an absolute waste of space. 3) The missing training mode means that a lot of game journalists will not be able to appreciate the depth of the game play. 4) The code for online is a separate DLC, so there IS hope for future improvements and support. 5) The ending cinematics feel like they were compromised for the Xbox version in order to make room scenario campaign. 6) The graphics feel compromised for the same reason as above. --- What is scenario campaign mode? Namco's stubborn insistence that we play a terrible, clunky, and bland side-scroller. What's bad is that this is the only way to unlock all the characters' endings. I can't underline enough how much I dislike the amount of development time Namco spent on this - I mean, all of that time could have been spent on a proper training/tutorial mode, some SF4-style character-specific challenges, and a host of other features, such as custom profile export/import so that you can play your custom character at a friend's house (currently this is not possible.) I honestly feel that scenario campaign is the sole reason why the game's graphics are not arcade perfect. In order to fit the entire game into a DVD, it was obvious Namco was going to make sacrifices - it certainly shows in the quality of the CG endings (they're sharper in the PS3 version), but as the arcade version of T6 is a PS3-in-a-box, there is no excuse for the console versions to have downgraded graphics. Everyone knows that: lower res graphics = less file space required. I wonder where that file space went? *accusingly points at campaign scenario mode* My other gripe is the lack of a proper tutorial/training mode for beginners. Tekken has been around since the early 90's, and until today, some people STILL mistake it as a button masher, and that mastering 10-hit combos (also known as 10-strings) are essential to becoming a Tekken master. (Not that I'm surprised, Namco even saw it fit to mention 10-strings in the game's manual. Of course, none of the above are true at all. In fact, Tekken is one of the most technically demanding fighting games - right up there with Virtua Fighter, and, some may argue, more so than Street Fighter. However, thanks to Namco's focus on a side game, rather than focusing on the actual strength of T6, it's gameplay, this misconception isn't going to change anytime soon. --- The Fighting System. Before we begin, you'll need to know the notations: LP (left punch) = 1 RP (right punch) = 2 LK (left kick) = 3 RK (right kick) = 4 f = forward ff= tap forward twice b = back db = down and back (you press the two directions at the same time) d,f = down, then forward - you tap them separately, not press the together u = up... (you get the picture) Right, let's get on with it... The Fighting System: If you haven't been keeping up with Tekken, there are a number of changes and improvements that have been made. Some of these include: The fastest moves in the game are 10 frames. No more 8 frame jabs, etc. Hitboxes have been tightened, which means that a lot of moves have picked up evasive properties (e.g. a kick with a low ducking animation can "slip through" mid hitting moves if timed right.) This also means that sidesteps/sidewalking has been refined significantly. Juggle damage has been reduced. While it is not uncommon to find large damage juggles in 3D fighters (Virtua Fighter has 50-70% juggles), players wanted the damage reduced in Tekken, and so T6 is a reflection of that. A new feature, called bound, or B! for short, has been added. Tekken's wall game has been tweaked. A lot of it revolves around wall splats, or W! for short. Low parry is now universal, but unlike DR, where a low parry placed your opponent in a crouching state, a low parry in T6 puts them into bound. New "tracking" moves have been added The "nerfing" of back dashing. The inclusion of item moves. The inclusion of rage.Dynamic Stages - wall breaks and floor breaks What is Bound? Overall, Bound moves are essentially combos extenders, but when/why/which to do depends on the situation. A Kazuya combo in the past would something like EWGF (f~df+2), EWGF, EWGF. In T6, you can now do EWGF, EWGF, db+2 (Kazuya's elbow, which causes bound) B!, EWGF, dashing EWGF. However, because characters have several moves that bound, and each of these moves have their own recovery animation, some moves which work post-B! will not work when the bounding move is different. To explain: Lars has a bound move which is done by f,b+2,1 - and afterwards, f+3,1~hold f,then 1, is guaranteed. Lars also has a bound move which is done by WS+2,1 (while standing from crouch, 2,1) - but the above post-B! combo does not connect because of the bound move's recovery animation. So yeah, you do need to know what options you have. Also, some bound moves can catch tech rollers (a way to get up after a knockdown), and places them in bound. This benefits (and balances) characters that don't really have crazy good okizeme, like King (his db+2 elbow hammer will hit a backroller, bound, and then he can do a spinning powerbomb air throw). Yes, you can do air throws post-B! Juggles, Walls, and Bound Primer: (these are default properties) Default: Bound can't be done twice in a combo. "Double" bound only happens if you manage a stage floor break AFTER you've done a bound move. Default: Wall splat can only be done once on a wall. However, if you're able to re-carry the opponent to another wall, it's possible to get another (side) wall splat. Is it possible to do 3 wall splats in one combo via 3 different walls? Maybe, but I AFAIK, nobody knows yet, and the stages aren't exactly setup to allow for that to happen (although somebody might just be able to pull it off on a combo vid). Default: After a wall splat, the rule of thumb is that you're given a window that allows for 3 more hits, depending on the speed. Speed-wise, think Paul's d+4:2:1+2 (All 3 hits will connect). Rapid-hitting mid attacks (such as Steve's hundred punches) will net you more hits however, but not all characters have those moves. Likewise, you won't have the time to connect 3 slow but powerful attacks post-wall splat. Maybe 2 at most. Default: Air-throws in combos do not scale. Which explains why King can be extremely dangerous: e.g. A combo that ends with any of King's air throws, regardless of the length, will not scale down King's air throw damage. Why are Tekken's juggles a core part of the game, especially with damage reduced: In T6, you'll be lucky to get 50% without any wall or a CH (hitting on counter). They've nerfed damage considerably, so nailing a CH hit (non-juggle/non-launcher) can net you significant damage. Bryan's mach breaker (ff+2) on CH can net you around the equivalent of a post-low parry combo. It's not just that stand alone moves got beefed - due to the bigger life bars, combo damage has been reduced, which leads to the question: You ask yourself: do I try to take them to the wall for some extra wall damage, and corner pressure? Or do I drop them in front for a chance to apply oki (short for okizeme) which "resets" the juggle (thus leading to another B!). I might have decided to go for a reset, and the opponent successfully defends, then I lose the small extra guaranteed damage I may have gotten if I chose to take him to the wall instead. The other benefit to "taking them to the wall" is the opportunity for a move which gives you a W! (wall splat). Your wall options are major reasons why you need to know each stage very well. Knowing which of your moves can net you a high wall splat from halfway across the stage could spell the difference of the match. In a non-walled stage, you lose the choice of being able to take the opponent to the wall, but you're given slightly more spacing options. Stage Breaks: Floor Breaks - as noted above, floor break = bound. However, since your character is also recovering from the fall, your post-B! window is actually rather small. Wall Breaks - touching briefly on wall splats above, a wall break essentially means that you net a wall splat, where on default you should only have 3 free hits, a wall break leaves your opponent stunned in mid-air, meaning that you can continue "floating" (not launching, as they are already considered airborne) your opponent for more than 3 hits. However, a wall break or wall splat does not reset the combo, so no, you can't re-bound them after a wall break. Item moves: Item moves are taunts. Nothing more. Think SF3 Shaun's basketball taunt. They're slow as hell, do very little damage, and are easily avoided. Although they are good for a laugh if you think you can catch your opponent sleeping (e.g. they're on their last bit of life, and are running away thinking there's nothing you can do to catch them, and then you slowly pull out your gun, and shoot.) I've won twice this way, and the looks on their faces are priceless. Tracking moves: With the improvement of Tekken's sidestep and sidewalk game, Namco also saw fit to introduce tracking moves. If you've seen some recent videos on YouTube, you may notice a few moves that have a white "streak" or tail. These moves "track" your opponent in such a way that if they sidestep in the direction the move tracks, they will get hit. Some moves can track both left and right, but aren't game breaking in the least (annoying maybe, but not broken). Rage: Not unlike SF4's ultras - rage kicks in when a player is down to his last 5-10% of life, and acts as a comeback tool as it ups the raged player's damage by +30%. This also helps keep the winning player on his toes, making the matches very exciting. Most (all?) top Tekken players no longer complain about rage because when a player is down to his last bits of health, it doesn't take more than a sweep or launcher + one or two free hits to finish them. Backdashing and Backdash Cancelling: Backdashing is a technique that exists in a lot of fighting games, but only Tekken has backdash cancelling. To explain: Q: What is backdash canceling used for? A: You can use it to space away from your opponent, creating more room. You can also use it to force more whiffs. The fact that you cancel one backdash to another makes it a much quicker movement option. Q: How is it done? A: back, back, down/back, back, down/back, back.... Essentially, the only full backdash that you have to do is the first one. Afterwards, the down/back input counts as the first input of your next backdash, allowing you to do it much faster. Q: I'm getting caught while I backdash (getting hit). What am I doing wrong? A: You could be doing one of two things wrong: 1) You spent way too much time during the down/back, back input, forcing your character to go into a small crouch (coincidentally, this crouch WILL block lows but will let mids hit you). 2) You're doing the d/b, b input really well, but you let go of the stick too early. Even when you just do ONE backdash, if you hold back during the entire duration of the backdash, it will still block. If you ever let it go, it will no longer be blocking. This applies to the initial backwards movement animation. So make sure that your transition from b, letting go of the stick, d/b, b is completely flawless. Q: Why can't I do backdashes well with Paul, Nina and Bryan? A: Their sways make it extremely hard to BDC consistently. What you can do in this occasion is "stair step" (coined by Neorussel), which just involves backdashing, doing a short sidestep, and backdashing again. Q: When should I BDC? A: Whenever you feel the other guy is too close to you. Whenever you want to create space. Actually, you can pretty much BDC all the time and you'll avoid a lot of mixups. Q: Which characters have the better backdashes in the game? A: The only one which I can confirm about having the best backdash in the game is Marduk. The rest that I am about to mention are just me assuming: Eddy, Law, Jack, Julia. Lei has ha-ha step but it's much more hard to do, although it IS by far the fastest backward movement. Source: TekkenZaibatsu.Com So how was it nerfed? In the past, BDC allowed characters with strong punishers (Mishima's notably) to rule the game, as it allowed them to space effectively, and punish with powerful moves. In T6, BDC has been lessened, meaning Mishima's, who already have powerful punishing tools, have been balanced out considerably, as they can no longer create the space they used to. This means that characters with less powerful punishment tools, but have "stance-based back dash cancels", such as Lei, can now space effectively. Yes, T6 is incredibly balanced. The popular opinion amongst the top players is that T6 is the most balanced Tekken has ever been. Which is amazing, considering that are 37+ unique characters. As you can see, the basic changes alone in T6 are quite extensive. This doesn't even cover the per-character changes (and they too, are extensive). However, to repeat myself: all of this goes unnoticed unless you are actually part of Tekken's hardcore community, which is a shame, because a lot of people do not have the time to be part of a community, but could appreciate this game far more, if only Namco had replaced scenario campaign with a tutorial/training mode instead. I would have given this game a 10/10 if it was based on the game play alone, but even as a hardcore Tekken player, I can't ignore the fact that scenario campaign was an unnecessary waste of time (-0.5), and the fact that Namco once again does not help towards making the best aspects of the game accessible to beginners (-0.5). In conclusion: This game is worth buying if you love fighting games. The game play is simply superb. However, the way Namco packaged and presented it is nothing short of a embarrassment. Expand
  43. SethL
    Oct 27, 2009
    I actually would've given this game a 10 but something held me back.. which was the load times inbetween the fights to the next character. -__- That was a big let down for me but other than that, the gameplay, the feel of it is just right. Better than Tekken 4 and 5 in my opinion. Graphics are awesome, sound is awesome. If you don't have tekken 6, you're missing out.
  44. JonathanC
    Oct 27, 2009
    This is a case of all style and no substance! Just recently a new bunch of check boxes have been added to the beat 'em up genre and I don't like them. The first one being Bosses with a very cheap set of attacks. Now Azazel (Or whatever it was he was called) isn't Seth (SFIV) but he still manages to make you angry. His animation is some of the best I have ever seen and This is a case of all style and no substance! Just recently a new bunch of check boxes have been added to the beat 'em up genre and I don't like them. The first one being Bosses with a very cheap set of attacks. Now Azazel (Or whatever it was he was called) isn't Seth (SFIV) but he still manages to make you angry. His animation is some of the best I have ever seen and possibly some of the best ever made. It's a shame he only has a handful of attacks. Most of the moves with Yoshimitsu (My favourite Character) seem to have been remapped, This made them game feel completely Inaccessible. I am a Tekken Veteran. I have used Yoshimitsu since Tekken 1, why the hell did they need to change the controls??? I am giving the game a 3 because the visuals and sound are stunning. A special nod needs to go to the composer. Buy this if you dare, Just be prepared to be disappointed! Expand
  45. Aug 8, 2011

There are flaws that hurt the experience, but nothing, nothing stops Tekken 6 from being an intense, tactical and utterly brilliant fighting game, perfect for anyone with even a fleeting interest in the genre. [Issue#184, p.60]
    Tekken 6 has a lot to offer, including a massive roster, refined gameplay, plenty of modes, online multiplayer and an absurd amount of character customization options.
    It is slick in production, providing a lot of what one could reasonably ask for in a fighting game. The game is as accessible as ever, pretty to look at and arcade-perfect to a T.