6.7

1. Jun 14, 2013
    Been having some good fun with this for the last 2 days. I don't know why everyone is moaning about no versus its a free to play game there made for online purposes.
  2. Jun 16, 2013
    junk junk junk game on psn ps3 and no There are no development and improvement in fees I would not recommend buying one game and the reason is obvious
  3. Jun 11, 2013
    A fighting game, without two players mode...WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!?, sorry, but not for me. Keep triying.

Un juego de peleas sin mode para dos players, en que estaban pensando!!?, lo siento, pero esto no es para mi, sigan intentandolo...
  4. Jun 15, 2013
    I think this game is really fun but like all of the other Tekken games, lots of people just spam moves or not even let you move. This game is free so it makes up for the flaws, it's a great game over all.
  5. Jun 15, 2013
    Nice to see a free to play fighting game, without requiring any memberships or paying anything. That said, it's important to note that you can't just play the game continuously without taking a break. You have to use coins or tickets to play. You get a ticket for signing in every day and for every 10 victories or so. A coin for online battle is given every 30 minutes and one for arcade (offline) every hour. You can also pay for tickets if you're desperate to play and have ran out. The game isn't visually or mechanically broken, and it's fairly well balanced (with optional but not pay-to-win characters). However, the lack of a tutorial, training mode, trials and explanation of game's mechanics, controls, buttons etc. make it difficult to pick up and play. The whole point of free to play is to attract those that aren't particularly interested in your game to promote the franchise. By excluding the most crucial feature it may actually put more people off. That said, once you get used to it the game is strangely addicting; even though gameplay-wise it offers nothing exciting, new or particularly polished. Overall it's worth playing if you're experienced with Tkken, but if you just want to try it out then avoid. Expand
  6. Jul 26, 2013
    For a Tekken game this is pretty sub par. The adding of some new moves makes the game interesting or would except this game it the worse turtling game I ever played. I never played a fighting game where you had to wait for someone to do a special move or invincible move. Tekken Revolution was a revolution all right.For Spammers.This game is good if you're not good at fighting games and new to Tekken.Most of the people I play online are bad.they grab spam and use Special Art spam.The other moves on the game are pretty much useless.As a Tekken Fan seeing bad players flock to this game and are able to win also because of the point allocation system stops me from taking this Tekken game seriously.But to be fair it was made to be "free" and tailor made for newbies.I hate that the majority of the cast isn't on there but they still have Asuka and more characters should still be on the way.The music is forgettable.The stages are rehashed from Tekken Tag Tournament 2.If Fighting games were to go free to play like this or Dead or Alive5 Ultimate I'd give up the genre.This Tekken is a causal game.But its WAY too casual.I don't like having to dumb down to defeat an opponent.Traditionally in Tekken it took skill to win.On Revolution though that's a out the window.Its going to set Revolution players up for failure when they try the real games.Its fun but has only Arcade and online versus and nothing else.I thought TTT2's juggling was overkill until Revolution came out.The game was almost a step in the right direction but alas it falls to the same thing that burdens Fighting games now.Too Much flash not enough substance Expand
  7. Jun 23, 2013
    Tekken Revolution is a great game. The gameplay is simplified and accessible, but there are a ton of moves to learn. The graphics are gorgeous, great character models and stages.
    The music is good but not the best in Tekken in my opinion.
    The only negative thing is that there aren't a lot of characters at the start, but the game is often updated with new content.
    Plus it's FREE!! You
    have to try it. It's available on the PlayStation Network. Expand
  8. Jun 24, 2013
    For a free game, Tekken Revolution is really good.
    But no training mode?? (Namco said they will add it soon though)
    Tekken is one of the best fighting games, very fun, and Revolution is a good exemple.
    But i'm not a big fan of the coins system, just my personal opinion.
    Everyone can try it since it's free, and probably will like it.
  9. Oct 16, 2013
    This is not a game, not because it is F2P which is almost always a bad things, but because it's a pay to win with abusive tickets, costumes and characters prices.

In fact it's not even a new game because all the graphics assets are just those of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, nothing new or redone.

And finally this is not a pleasant experience; you can't play with two players, you also
    have to have coins to play solo, and the online mode completely lacks of equilibrium and evens cheats you on search options: even though you chose a limit of 3 ranks or a good internet connection, the game will impose you fights with players 20 more ranks than you or stuttering connection... Expand
  10. Jul 21, 2013
    Games like these reminds me of the arcade days, where friendly competition and quarters dominated the days. Only this time, friendly competition isn't so friendly, and quarters...don't really hold much value here since its free to play. The skill needed to play this game has been reduced thanks to all new Critical Art moves, which are invincible moves that can turn the tide of battle. This allows casuals to finally sink in the game mechanics while standing a chance against veteran players of the series. Unfortunately, while the intentions were good, the promise falls short, as the moves its self (while able to be blocked and punished easily) breaks a certain core mechanic of the game: Frame data. The move does away with a lot of combo strings by some characters, thus limiting the characters effectiveness overall. You will oft find matches where players just wait it out for someone to throw a move out only to eat a face full of red particles and light effects. Tekken has always been about rewarding defensive and patient play, however the game has become too much about defense in my opinion.

The addition of RPG like stats to a fighting game is a nice addition. The ability to stat into your type of gameplay suits the game well, people who like to get up close and personal more oft than not tend to spec into Power. Those that like to wait until the opponent messes up might end up speccing into Endurance. This is a sort of meta game that has been introduced to the series, and I like it so far.

Other than that, its a solid game, and I think the game is deserving of its price: Free.
  11. ERB
    Sep 1, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played this year especially that this game is a free-to-play game.I mean that is awesome.The game play of this game is so awesome and good.I mean after you beat your opponent you got to see the final strike or technique you've done to beat him.How cool is that!And even the graphics of this game has good quality.I mean its the best graphics I've ever seen in a fighting game!

But the only problem in this game is that you can only play arcade mode if you have battle coins or Premium tickets.That disappointed me too much that I can't put a score of 10 in this game.I mean this game should have been the best game I've ever played if this game is like the other Tekken games where you can play freely without paying.

Well even though that disappointed me too much I can't say that this is a bad game because I think that this game rocks!I will give this game a score of 9/10 because This game is awesome!I'm telling you these guys try downloading this game now and try playing It!This game is cool!
  12. Aug 23, 2013
    This is a decent Tekken game online, but the fact it's another money grabber with Tokens, The arcade is very short and has no real reward, The character select is small (Gradually growing with updates, but why weren't they included originally?).
    The levelling up is actually a good system I hope they use in future Tekken instalments, and The combat is standard Tekken, all combos there.

Graphically it's as good as TTT2.
    The tokens to play online, and even just to play the arcade was a horrible idea and ruins the experience.
  13. Jul 25, 2013
    EN: Tekken Revolution has a really powerful arcade feeling, it don't have all the characters that it could, but as a free game, the limitations are understandable and aren't a big deal.

PT-BR: Tekken Revolution tem uma vibe arcade muito forte, ele não tem todos os personagens que poderia mas como um jogo gratuito, as limitações são compreensíveis e não incomodam.
  14. Aug 7, 2013
    Fun if you don't have a bought copy of the sold ones, the only bad thing is the ticket system where you have to have a ticket (you can play to get one) to play ranked matches or arcade, besides that its a good game
  15. Aug 14, 2013
    Good Old Arcade Style Tekken. The Good: it's Tekken, Decent Online, Recently Updated with Training Mode and difficulty levels in arcade mode. The Bad: SAME old Tekken with same characters( some still overpowered and can end matches in mere seconds), Online Matchmaking, and Have to purchase extra customs...(I have always hated that) and The In-Between: The Coin and Leveling system.

Conclusion: If you are a Tekken fan, it's a must...even if you are not, it still a buy.....it's free....
  16. Nov 23, 2013
    Interesting addition to the Tekken Franchise. Good to see Tekken has gone back to the style of 5/6 and left the style of Tekken Tag 2 long behind. This Tekken has implemented the free to play style of gaming and unless you are really good and can keep hold of your premium tickets that you slowly unlock you will have to pay to play or end up waiting half hour for your tokens to replenish. I like the way that your characters now level up the more you use them, meaning you can add points to either strength, defence, or critical hit chance. Only around 8 characters playable to begin with but others are unlocked the more you play, or you can just pay real money to unlock any that are locked. Shame not all characters are avaliable to unlock. I would have loved to of played as Wang. Micro-transactions are avaliable to purchase in irder to keep playing if you run out of tokens. I for one never use micro transactions so once i cant play anymore matches i just switch off and play again later. No 2 player local mode is a shame but it has ranked matches, player matches and arcade, all if which uses a token every time you play. But it also has a practise mode that doesnt use tokens. Overall a good fighting experience its just a shame its on a pay to play model. A proper game in this style would have been so much better. Still a great Tekken experience. Go try it, its free after all Expand
  17. Dec 15, 2013
    This would be a really good way to do F2P, the arcade cabinet style feel works really well. It would be great apart from one thing: the levelling system. Why they would put a levelling system in a beat em up i dont know because it makes the vast majority of matches unbalanced. If you could set match ups by level variance that would be ok but instead you regularly face opponents who are 20-30 levels higher than you and thefefore do a lot more damage. Fix this and you have a good game, without it its barely playable. Expand
  18. Feb 5, 2014
    A fun game and it's FREE!
    It plays just like Tekken four. The newest feature is an upgrade system. Using points you can have better health, power and critical chance. I have been playing since day one, and I have a balanced King.
    You start with eight classic characters. You need gift points to unlock a character. Gift points are gained after every arcade battle and online battle.
    Characters are added frequently, so keep at it!
    Online works fine, and I like recording the fights in my lobby. You can also rank up, but if you find someone using Law there's a chance he's a spammer.
    Revolution is a great game, but you can only play so much, LITTERIALLy!
    You must use coins to play, these coins will replenish over time, but it just doesn't work for me
    You can earn tickets to play, so save those up! You can also buy preminium coins to keep the experience going. Also you can pay for costumes and characters if you hate waiting for gift points.
    All in all, the game works fine. It's free so give it a download today.

1. Sep 20, 2013
    This free-to-play version of Tekken is a very good deal on the PSN. Of course it is free... but it also features beautiful graphics, more accessible gameplay and a lot of online gamers available to compete with.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
    There's plenty to play with here, but you'll have to pay to win online. [Oct 2013, p.75]
  3. Aug 6, 2013
    Tekken Revolution is more experimental than Combot, but solid execution on some admittedly controversial ideas ensure that this free-to-play fighter is worth a bash. Franchise fans will feel more frustrated than Devil Jin upon witnessing the watered down gameplay mechanics, but casual combatants may find themselves lured back into the wacky world of the King of Iron Fist Tournament on the back of the digital download’s inherent accessibility and free entry fee.