7.3

1. Jun 26, 2012
    Love the swinging around the city, but it takes some skill to get use to it.. Once you have figured it out it, you'll get a great feeling of being Spider-Man. Reminds me of the old Spider-Man 2 game
  2. Jul 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Story Mode - The best story in a Spider-Man game. It flows and actually makes sense. Spider-Man suit even messes up as you take damage. You will fight robots, infected people, cross-species, and thugs. The story is about the different cross-species getting lose and Spider-Man has to stop it after he kinda caused the problem to begin with. Spider-Man has to save the people of New York, find a cure for the infected and save Gwen, his love. Spider-Man can do what he can with the help of Dr. Connors who was also the lizard. The story for this takes place after the movie, which releases July 3rd in the United States. Overall, the story is fantastic and Spider-Man fans won't be disapointed. 100/100(A+)

Graphics - Not spectacular. The framerate is fine. The environments look good. Spider-Man looks real. Some character details look bad, but not to the point where you can't stand it. At least they don't look cartoonish. 90/100(A-)

Gameplay - The game plays well. It's an open world game. The combat is better than ever and the web swinging and camera makes me feel like I'm Spider-Man. You get to use special moves and upgrade Spider-Man. Web crawling is good. Throughout the city you'll see petty crimes going on that where you can choose to take action. There's this feature called Web Rush, where you can just swing fast to different areas by pressing the R1 button or holding it to slow down time and do attacks. There's also web retreat so you can get out the way when you're in trouble by pressing the L1 button. You can also take photos by pressing L2. You'll feel a lot of vibration through your controller in this game. You'll encounter a lot of action. You also get to play as Stan Lee with the Stan Lee Adventure Pack. 100/100(A+)

Multiplayer - No multiplayer.

Playing Time/Content: This game should take you at least 20 hours to get 100 percent. Probably 30 hours. It's definitely worth $60. There's enough content in this single-player open world game to keep you satisfied. 100/100(A+)

Overall score: 97.5(A+)

+ Lengthy story
    + Side missions
    + Different costumes
    + Combat systems
  3. Oct 20, 2012
    One of the best Spider-Man games I've played and it's great that it's influenced by Batman. It's in my top 3 along with Spider-Man 2 on PS1 and Spider-Man 2 on PS2
  4. Jun 29, 2012
    The Amazing Spider-Man is a hit or miss. It's going to be either loved or hated... As for me its definitely a hit.

Presentation
    The overall look of Manhattan is great, not as beautiful compared to most other 720p games but it's not something you would be bothered too much by as the camera is now closer to Spider-Man giving you that sense of vertigo as he swings, w.rush and even in the
    battle you are rewarded with a cinematic end where Spidey does a stylish take down on the enemy. Though some may find it hard to adapt due to the web swing being more of a cloud swing or as some people would say it sticks to an invisible shield carrier above. But despite it's cloud swinging element the game doesn't always allow you to swing, most of the time you find yourself falling into the city and as you reach mid to ground level Spidey shoots out another web and swings giving you the effect beenox has been preaching on about. They are also in game details such as when you're falling down Spidey turns upside down and shoots out at the air in order to soften his landing which really impressed me as the small details do come a long way in my book.

Plot
    The story basically takes place right after the events of the movie and for most people it offers a huge array of spoilers for the film, though this may not bother most comic readers as it would have come as a "to be expected" outcome of the overall story. Gwen takes Peter into Oscorp to investigate on the cross species experiments that apparently are still going on. As they make their way through they are greeted by scientist, Alistair Smythe who tells them that the specimens are to be disposed of and that further experimentation has indeed ceased. Inside the cross species start reacting to Peter badly as he is one of them and even worst when he meets Scorpion. This causes Scorpion to break out and thus setting free all the other cross species which leads up to Gwen being infected by Vermin. Spidey then has to save the day once again and that is pretty much where the plot starts off.

Graphics
    The detailing on Spidey is amazing, his costume is well designed and easily to say breathtaking at times when you roam about and it seems he may be the only character that was mo-capped as his movements stand out to the rest. This though fails to complement the other characters in the game as they look more or less like a Play station 2.5 which comes of as a disappointment as the voices don't always complement the overall look/movement of the other characters, notably Gwen Stacy. As for the villains they look better than the other characters so fear not readers. The city graphics are not too bad as well, they're probably to say on the least at par with the villains design and shading.

Sound
    Soundtrack design for this game is pretty well made as there is never a sound hole in between scene to scene and you find enemy spawns about the current situation or how their life is. If not you'll pretty much hear environmental/background noises going on and the soundtracks used for the free roaming section of the game is pretty epic, similar to Uncharted's opening theme. For the voice acting it feels like a blast of nostalgia as I haven't laughed that much since Spectacular Spider-man (Look it up if you haven't heard as it's the best adaptation of the comic to date!) The dialogue is humorous and entertaining for the most and it makes the overall adventure more enjoyable so yes this part is a guaranteed by me personally.

Gameplay
    The gameplay is inspired by the hit acclaimed title Batman: Arkham franchise as it borrows both its brawler (hand to hand) and predator (stealth) elements that has raised the bar sky high for any other super hero games. This though comes with flaws to take as the combat is not as fluid and many at times you find yourself hit right after the spider sense tingle giving you very little time to use the counter button. The stealth function of this game is also rather too easy as most people can be taken down stealthily and requires no strategy to say in the least because the web retreat pretty much makes them lose sight of you. Personal Comments
    Overall feel of this game is amazing no pun intended with some flaws to the plot but you'll find this game to be enjoyable despite its many side missions and ridiculous amount of comic pages (700) to pick up which in return unlocks comic books for read. I've completed the game twice and even gotten platinum for it on both accounts i have and i still haven't find myself yawning to any parts of the game, i have to say that this is my best Spider-Man gaming experience yet and i'm really looking forward to what beenox has in stored for their next game or whatever soon to come DLC they will have for this one. I've always been pleased with their other games Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time so i'm really glad this didn't come of as a disappointment.
  5. Jul 12, 2012
    Possibly the greatest Spider-Man game ever made. The voice acting is amazing, storyline is great and web swinging around the concrete jungle of New York has never been more fun. The only downside is the length of the main storyline and that the game is NOT difficult on medium.
  6. Jul 16, 2012
    I've been a gamer and a Spidey fan for years. Best Spidey game ever made. Spider-Man 2 had a great swinging mechanic,but the rest of the gameplay was just ok. The swinging mechanic in this game is simplified,but the gameplay is awesome. This is the first game that made me feel like I was Spider-Man. I can understand why Beenox made the webswinging so simplistic. If you are Spider-Man, webswinging should be as easy as walking. I can't begin to tell you how many times I fell to the ground while playing Spider-Man 2 because I missed a building. It takes you out of the moment. To maintain the illusion that you are webswinging,don't shoot your webs until you're by a building. I spend a lot of time free falling and webzipping until I get close to a building. This is the first Spidey game I played where the in game camera wasn't an issue. The other games gave me a headache. The combat is the best that it's ever been,Spidey's animations are fluid and the detail in his costume is impressive. If you are a Spidey fan,like me, the game is loaded with Spidey fan service to keep you coming back for more. SPIDEY FANS REJOICE!!!! Expand
  7. Mar 23, 2013
    El combate no es del todo ágil, que digamos, y los gráficos, pese a ser muy buenos en su derecho, tienen sus tiras y aflojas, pero el juego logra mantenerse gracias a una historia enganchante e interesante que respeta la esencia del héroe y un mayor realismo e interacción respecto a otros juegos del arácnido.

8.8/10
  8. Mar 2, 2013
    This game does an excellent job of recreating the experience of being Spider-Man. The graphics are good, the sandbox world is fun to play in, and the mechanics and responsiveness are all very good. I don't get the mediocre reviews--this is nearly as good as Batman (only lacking the intensity and tone). Overall, highly recommended unless you take games so seriously that you're offended when every game you play isn't hopelessly complex. Expand
  9. May 29, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. The story is great although the boss battles were too short and simple. I liked that it borrowed Arkham's combat system. That's what made this game similar to the Arkham titles. Swinging around the city is fun and its nice to unlock neat suits. If you like Spider-man, you should try this game.
  10. Nov 15, 2013
    I was pretty surprised about how good this game was. I had heaps of fun playing it, the graphics were good, the the bad guys were fun to fight and the web swinging was amazing. it was a great game.
  11. Sep 1, 2012
    Having read the other reviews, did not get the game with high expectations, but I've played PS1 and PS2 Spiderman games and was also impressed by Beenox's first PS3 effort (it was amazing--no pun intended--that they recruited the original voice actors for Spiderman animated shows). This is not your Treyarch open-world game, but it does it justice. If they had gone with mission-style only (and locked away missions until they were ready to advance the plot) rather than the chapter-style, they could have easily made the world seem a lot less linear. But all in all, I felt like playing an Arkham City style game but with Spiderman and his abilities. Like critics said, the web-swinging is kind of off (especially when there are lots of low buildings or corners to get stuck in) and sidequest dialogue gets repetitious, but the artwork and soundtrack are top notch. You can fight stealth-style or combo-style according to your preference and a lot of Spidey themes are included such as taking pictures and wall-crawling from practically every angle. Not usually a fan of movie tie-in games and they took this one down a path that will probably be used in the sequels for the Garfield Spidey but was strange for those who are familiar with the lore. However, if they were trying to capture the feel that you are Spiderman (just as you were the Dark Knight in Arkham City), they fairly nailed it. Not a perfect version of the webhead, but the closest we've got on the PS3 until some developer (or Beenox itself) tops it. Collapse

1. Oct 27, 2012
    It feels like a pale copy of Rocksteadys Batman: Arkham Asylum, lacking in charm and unique features. The game is also plagued by both small and big technical issues that drop it down to a disappointing level of mediocrity. It's not all bad, but as a package it is uninspired, empty and flat.
  2. Oct 14, 2012
    Amazing Spider-Man: The Video Game is terrific fun for web-slinging in the skies of Manhattan, but as a whole falls short of the brilliance of the Batman games it copies due to lackluster level design and repetitive gameplay. [Sept 2012]
  3. As much as the developer values Spider-Man as a superhero, they seem to be an even bigger fan of a certain billionaire by day/vigilante at night called the Batman. It would certainly explain why this game is an almost exact copy of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. [September 2012, p.78]