7.8

1. Feb 8, 2013
    Great game! Beyond my expectations. I'm a big fan of point click games of the 90s. Good to see Ron Gilbert coming back. Very funny, beautiful graphics, cool characters and level design (puzzles).
  2. Jun 9, 2013
    The Cave has a very dark plot (especially The Twins' story), but somehow it's fun at the same time! The main reason for this is because the narrator is just so funny. About the gameplay, well, if you enjoy puzzle platformers you gonna love it. Also, the game remind me a lot of Maniac Mansion, which old school gamers like myself enjoyed a lot. I have not much to say, just go and play it.
  3. May 7, 2013
    Fun, charming, clever, funny, nice aesthetic, great price, good puzzles. I find some of the middling reviews puzzling. Anyhow, I recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of old school point and clicks, combined with a kiss of platforming.

1. It’s a pity the backtracking mars an otherwise clever title. [March 2013, p78]
  2. Apr 1, 2013
    To its credit, The Cave has amusing writing and a neat visual style – but charm alone cannot make up for its many technical flaws.
  3. Mar 21, 2013
    It's not as good as other Double Fine efforts like Stacking and Costume Quest, but there's enough character and intrigue in The Cave to see you past the iffy platforming and sometimes dull puzzles. [Issue#229, p.79]