4.7

1. Dec 28, 2011
    This game is filled with good intentions. But, as we say in my country: "hell is filled with good intentions". And this is, literally, the case here. The Cursed Crusade is a bad game with occasional fun. It's badly programmed, the art design is poor, the gameplay is clunky as hell and it feels, looks and plays like a rushed, lazy, dirty, unfinished product that I would be ashamed of putting my name on. It screams "low budget" from start to finish. That being said, it is not a broken game, which means you can have some fun with it if you have NOTHING else to play. This is a cursed game. Cursed to be forever on the 10 dollar bin shelves, until the stores decide to give it for free. In my honest opinion, they should just recall this game. Expand
  2. Dec 9, 2011
    oh boy I knew I had to review this at some point. Well, here we go! Ah yes the Cursed Crusade, it seems more like it should be called the cursed game. but before we get into what is so bad about this game, let's talk about the good aspects of the game. Story: I'm not going to waste words telling you the story. All I am going to tell you about the story, is that it's the cross between a history lesson and Dante's Inferno. Not really much else I need to say about it.

Gameplay:

I am going to talk about the best part of the game(combat) the combat system itself is pretty basic. First let's talk about the shooter sections.

You will sometimes use a crossbow to kill enemies from a distance like a third person shooter. And like almost any third-person shooter, you can hide behind cover. Sad thing is that it will take about 2-3 hits to kill someone, which is slowed down because you're using a crossbow.

The combat system mainly contains a mix of three-hit combos with different weapons and weapon styles. When the enemy is just about finished off you can use a finishing move that is acquainted with your current weapon style. The coolest thing about the weapons you use in the game, is the fact that if you use them too frequently, the weapons will break. This would be annoying at times, but I just finished talking about everything good.

DESIGN:

Oh boy. Where to begin.

There is very little challenge here. The reason for this is not the game's controls or the way it plays, it's that the A.I is f*cking retarded. I'm serious. Most of the enemies will just stand motionless waiting for you to hit them saying (to quote one of the worst Family Guy episodes) "Wake up. We're fighting!" Your AI partner is actually smarter than your enemy, though sometimes share the same stupidity, but not as often. The bosses that you encounter are smarter than the common enemy of course, but still usually easy because of your AI partner who can revive you (who of which you must also revive.)

There is also the fact that this is the second ugliest game I have seen this year.(Yes, it is true that graphics don't make the game, but the game should be appealing to look at anyway, especially if the game itself isn't good.) And if you want a medieval gorefest, you're not going to find this game enjoyable.

Conclusion:

The game is basically something that could have been better.(much like another game I will eventually get to.) The game is rushed, broken, and unfinished making it seem like the companies cared more about the money than the consumers paying for it.(this has been done many times before)

What should you do if you want the game: Pass!
  3. Sep 5, 2012
    Certainly not the best game there is, but still a bit under-rated. Graphically unimpressive with a boring plotline. But if you can find this game on a discount (which is easy considering its reviews) and you have a friend to play it with, it's certainly worth picking up if you don't mind the serious lack of difficulty, and you can appreciate Esteban for his comedic, yet stereotypic, value. It's a fun game, but I would suggest something among the lines of Demon's Souls, (or Dark Souls) or Dragon's Dogma instead. Expand
  4. Oct 3, 2012
    No no no, they could had made this game so much more that what it is!
    There is so many annoying aspect of the game as the weapons break and the 10 000 combat moves which you never use.. you end up pressing 3 buttons while the finishing moves is about 5-6 buttons. I tried to swallow the game but its huge mistakes makes me choke instead.
    Oh almost forgot the good things about the game,
    interesting at first but then.. nah Expand

1. Dec 1, 2011
    A real dog of a historical slasher. [Christmas 2011, p.107]
  2. Even for a budget title the combat system is nothing short of a clunky mess, with slow animations and unsatisfying combos. [Holiday 2011, p.83]
  3. Nov 18, 2011
    Not the worst game ever made, just doing a very good job of mimicking it on first impressions. [Issue#211, p.96]