7.7

1. USMCTazz
    Jul 23, 2007
    I agree with Jason H. I played this and the whole time I'm thinking will it get good. Walking around empty streets.....shooting out lights. Plus each major person you kill is void of excitement. I'm selling mine to buy Lair. No replay value-Demons you summon are usually blind and the enemy seem to carry machine guns that they pull out only to shoot your demons.........Plus I agree with Jason H. I played this and the whole time I'm thinking will it get good. Walking around empty streets.....shooting out lights. Plus each major person you kill is void of excitement. I'm selling mine to buy Lair. No replay value-Demons you summon are usually blind and the enemy seem to carry machine guns that they pull out only to shoot your demons.........Plus Jackie never seems surprised at his powers or even mentions them until late in the game!!! HE HAS TENTACLES!!!! I'm still trying to firgure out how it got such high ratings.......Read Jason H for the best review of this game and also rent it don't buy. Expand
  2. AngF.
    Sep 12, 2007
    Ok, how can anyone rate this game good in any aspect. First and foremost, the controls are so bad. You cant even get a far away head shot and the worst part about the game was those annoying snakes you have to unlesh. Try to go up a pole with those snakes and then down, its almost impossible to control. I was trying so hard to like the game, I wanted to love it but I had to return the Ok, how can anyone rate this game good in any aspect. First and foremost, the controls are so bad. You cant even get a far away head shot and the worst part about the game was those annoying snakes you have to unlesh. Try to go up a pole with those snakes and then down, its almost impossible to control. I was trying so hard to like the game, I wanted to love it but I had to return the game the same day, it was one if not the worst game I have played for the ps3 yet. You have critics rating this game over 7 out of 10, WTF? How much were they paid to review this game or did they play a different game then I did. I would of rather played pong for atari. Collapse
  3. RayW.
    Jul 22, 2007
    Once you have seen the opening sequence you may as well trade the game if you bought it or return it if you rented it. There is nothing compelling beyond this point. The game is plain boring and Jackie shoots the way he walks, slowly and awkwardly. The Darkness tries to do too much and does nothing right. Bargain bin at best.
  4. JG.
    Jun 28, 2007
    Online pretty laggy...maybe it's just because it is on PS3 though.

The Darkness combines the best bits of mafia and war films, producing one complete, intriguing experience...Few licensed games go beyond the realms of their source material, but The Darkness does it in a fun, gritty and engaging way. [Issue#154, p.62]
    It also feels like a more polished game, and the base mechanics work extremely well by the time you reach the end of the single-player campaign. It doesn't quite have "Riddick's" pacing, due to the open city that asks you to find your own way through, but it presents a better feeling of accomplishment and familiarity by the end.
  3. Interactive storytelling is rarely this good, and there are few game endings that make you sit back and think, “Man, what if I did this instead?” like this one does. For its amazing narrative and believability of characters, and the twisted joys that come from being a slave of a demon, The Darkness will keep you enthralled, even when the gameplay lags a little behind.