7.3

1. Apr 21, 2014
    A good new add on to possibly the greatest RPG game of the century - but with its flaws.

I enjoyed the DLC, but found it VERY buggy for a while, and even had to restart my user. The vampirism really doesn't have many perks, and having vampires randomly kill NPCs in the town really put me off the DLC, but many sidequests like the Arkngthamz and others make it worth it. Though it is

Though it is beyond being as much a great DLC as Dragonborn, its a worthy addition, and good time.

1. Dawnguard has got it all. Including a storyline that is way more interesting than anything Twilight or The Vampire Diaries have ever done. Especially the young - at least when compared to her fellow kind - Serana enthralled us with her tragic family disputes. [April 2013, p.90]
  2. Mar 21, 2013
    It's fresh Skyrim and a lot of it, which is obviously good. On the other hand, the wonky design of the Vampire Lord undermines what should be the standout idea, and so there's a strong whiff of disappointment also present in Dawnguard. [Issue#229, p.72]
  3. Mar 21, 2013
    Jump into the fray between the vampires and the Dawnguard with this expansion pack. Dawnguard has everything you can ask for in such a DLC; a good plot and many many hours of playable content. Anyone who enjoyed "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" shouldn't pass up the opportunity of playing this expansion.